Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures (7728 Views)

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Let’s Talk About Croatia Work Permit And Visa Application. / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by untamedd(f): 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hello Everyone!

I know there is a thread already about Giving birth in Brazil. On that thread, I have seen many people make inquiries about study without a lot of response. I decided to open a thread dedicated to studying in Brazil.

Brazil welcomes International students to study in their country and all public Universities are tuition free even for foreigners. Brazil is also trying to encourage International students to come and study here in Brazil, hence they have set up GCUB which is a body that provides funding (grants) to international students who intend to study in Brazil. The funding is a monthly stipend provided to support students while studying. Without it, you can still study for free.

Admission Process
Each faculty decides their own admission process so if you’re interested in a particular course, you’ll need to check the faculty website to see when they usually start their admission process as well as requirements. Some faculties require entrance exams, some don’t. If they do, you’ll make arrangements to write the exam in Nigeria.

Language
Brazil universities are one of the best in the world. Learning language is Portuguese but as an international student, you can request to do your work in English. Depending on your faculty requirements, you may need to write Portuguese proficiency exam or complete a Portuguese course within one year of admission.
Most of the Universities website have the option to view their website in English language at the top of the website. If not you can use your browser’s translation tool to translate the website.

After Gaining Admission
You’ll need to authenticate your documents at the Ministry of foreign affairs and Ministry of Education. You’ll also legalize with the Brazilian embassy in Lagos.
You’ll then apply for your study visa. If you have a study grant, you may not need to prove financially capability, otherwise you’ll need to.

If you know about this process, please feel free to contribute.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by untamedd(f): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2023
List of Universities in the State of São Paulo to Consider.

University of São Paulo
https://www5.usp.br/

University of Campinas, São Paulo

https://www.unicamp.br/unicamp/

UNESP

www.unesp.br

UFABC

www.ufabc.edu.br

UNIFESP

Www.Unifesp.br

UFSCAR

www.ufscar.br

2 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by ScalesDemy: 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2023
At last!
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Cyclops33: 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2023
Good, please keep the information coming.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by dealhunter(m): 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
After gaining the admission and tuition fee paid, which embassy will process ur study Visa application?....Abi you don't know say Brazil embassy in Nigeria is currently not processing any Visa application? And if you send email to their embassy in Gbana,they will still refer you back to Thier Nigeria embassy...
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:56pm On Oct 12, 2023
dealhunter:
After gaining the admission and tuition fee paid, which embassy will process ur study Visa application?....Abi you don't know say Brazil embassy in Nigeria is currently not processing any Visa application? And if you send email to their embassy in Gbana,they will still refer you back to Thier Nigeria embassy...

Why did they stop processing visa application
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by dealhunter(m): 10:40pm On Oct 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Why did they stop processing visa application
reasons best known to them.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:10pm On Oct 12, 2023
So I got ba*nned after I created this thread. I’ll post more information tomorrow once I get unbanned.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:13pm On Oct 12, 2023
dealhunter:

Please this is NOT true. People I know have been submitting application and getting approval/refusal depending on their situation. The Brazilian embassy in Lagos, Nigeria is accepting applications.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:28pm On Oct 12, 2023
With my other account, I posted a list of Universities in São Paulo with links to their website and it got removed. Is it not allowed?
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
Brasileira:
With my other account, I posted a list of Universities in São Paulo with links to their website and it got removed. Is it not allowed?

Message the mods. Probably the anti spam bot.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:31pm On Oct 12, 2023
dealhunter:

What gave you the impression that they were not processing applications? Did they publish a notice or did they state it in an email? I just want to know to see if I can provide clarification.

I’ve had ppl arrive from Nigeria in these past weeks.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:32pm On Oct 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Message the mods. Probably the anti spam bot.

Alright, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by OSDD(m): 12:00pm On Oct 13, 2023
Na to apply for scholarships like this. Please who can refer me to any thread here, it's easier to narrow it down and learn from people who have gone through the process.

Thank you
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by untamedd(f): 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2023
List of Universities in São Paulo

University of São Paulo

https://www.prpg.usp.br/en/

University of Campinas, São Paulo

https://www.unicamp.br

UNESP

www.unesp.br

UFABC

www.ufabc.edu.br

UNIFESP

Www.Unifesp.br

UFSCAR

www.ufscar.br

GCUB (Grant Awarding Body)
Application for 2023/2024 has closed, you can keep an eye out for next year.

https://www.gcub.org.br/bsp/about-the-program-sobre-el-programa/

If you need to translate document found on any of the school websites, use

https://translate.google.com/?sl=auto&tl=en&op=docs&hl=en

3 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2023
My last post was removed. I have mailed the mods twice, No response.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2023
What if you don’t get a grant?

What happens if you don’t get a grant? You can still attend the university for FREE and look for side hustles. I advise you learn some digital skills before leaving naija.

Remote Jobs
You can get remote jobs from the US or Canada. Common remote jobs are Customer care jobs, Tech Jobs etc. Do a thorough research and learn a useful skill before coming.

Driving Uber.
You can drive Uber Part time. You won’t necessarily have to buy a car, there are care rentals specifically for Uber here. You’ll need to convert your driver’s license from Nigeria in order to this. This is a good one because you don’t necessarily have to speak to your riders so no language issues.

Teaching English Language.

There are lots of English teaching jobs which can be done online from your house.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2023
LANGUAGE BARRIER.

Only 5% of Brazilians speak English. Good news is you’ll be in the university environment where most of the 5% are. You can also request to do your work in English. That said, it would be better for you to learn Portuguese. There are so many language schools, both public and private where you can learn Portuguese. You’ll also make Brazilian friends who will help you practice

What you can do to learn on your own.

Use Language Apps like Duolingo and Drop
Watch Brazilian movies; You’ll find them on Netflix.
Listen to Brazilian Music

2 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Dedewizzy(m): 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2023
A welcome thread
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Minsk24: 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2023
Good thread op

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by sageb: 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2023
Brasileira:
What if you don’t get a grant?

What happens if you don’t get a grant? You can still attend the university for FREE and look for side hustles. I advise you learn some digital skills before leaving naija.

Remote Jobs
You can get remote jobs from the US or Canada. Common remote jobs are Customer care jobs, Tech Jobs etc. Do a thorough research and learn a useful skill before coming.

Driving Uber.
You can drive Uber Part time. You won’t necessarily have to buy a car, there are care rentals specifically for Uber here. You’ll need to convert your driver’s license from Nigeria in order to this. This is a good one because you don’t necessarily have to speak to your riders so no language issues.

Teaching English Language.

There are lots of English teaching jobs which can be done online from your house.

Thanks for the information
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Nobodyany1: 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2023
untamedd:
Hello Everyone!

I know there is a thread already about Giving birth in Brazil. On that thread, I have seen many people make inquiries about study without a lot of response. I decided to open a thread dedicated to studying in Brazil.

Brazil welcomes International students to study in their country and all public Universities are tuition free even for foreigners. Brazil is also trying to encourage International students to come and study here in Brazil, hence they have set up GCUB which is a body that provides funding (grants) to international students who intend to study in Brazil. The funding is a monthly stipend provided to support students while studying. Without it, you can still study for free.

Admission Process
Each faculty decides their own admission process so if you’re interested in a particular course, you’ll need to check the faculty website to see when they usually start their admission process as well as requirements. Some faculties require entrance exams, some don’t. If they do, you’ll make arrangements to write the exam in Nigeria.

Language
Brazil universities are one of the best in the world. Learning language is Portuguese but as an international student, you can request to do your work in English. Depending on your faculty requirements, you may need to write Portuguese proficiency exam or complete a Portuguese course within one year of admission.
Most of the Universities website have the option to view their website in English language at the top of the website. If not you can use your browser’s translation tool to translate the website.

After Gaining Admission
You’ll need to authenticate your documents at the Ministry of foreign affairs and Ministry of Education. You’ll also legalize with the Brazilian embassy in Lagos.
You’ll then apply for your study visa. If you have a study grant, you may not need to prove financially capability, otherwise you’ll need to.

If you know about this process, please feel free to contribute.

You are an Angel in disguise in my life right now. You may not understand. Please I've been trying to send you a mail but nairaland bot wouldn't allow. Please, can you you chat me... Or you can drop a link or number where I can chat you up please.
I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Nobodyany1: 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2023
Brasileira:
So I got ba*nned after I created this thread. I’ll post more information tomorrow once I get unbanned.
Please how can I reach you
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by TheTraveler: 11:07pm On Oct 14, 2023
Thank you.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 3:06am On Oct 15, 2023
Nobodyany1:

Please how can I reach you

I responded to your mail
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by petertaiwo0: 7:12am On Oct 15, 2023
dealhunter:

Where did you get your information from?Please be mind and always be sure of passing out false information so as not to destroyed people plan. Don't say what you don't know please. Brazilian consulate is accepting visa applications not in person or by booking an appointment. You can send your complete visa application through courier in Lagos and include your printout of evidence of payment for your visa fees.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:23pm On Oct 15, 2023
Steps to Applying for an Admission.

Find a School.

I provided links to schools above, these are schools in the state of São Paulo. There are schools in other states in Brazil as well. You can do research about schools in Rio de Janeiro, Bahia, Rio Grade de Sul etc.
Bahia has good concentration of black people so you may feel more at home there.
Use your browser’s translation tool to translate websites.

Find a Course.
Once you find a school, check if they offer your program of choice. You need to find their Selection Process, It’s usually (not always) in PDF format. Download and translate with the tool provided above.
Brazilian Universities usually leave little time for application (1-3 weeks). They expect you to have been prepared ahead of time. If the program you are interested in has closed for the year, check the requirements still and get everything ready. Keep checking their website for the next Selection process notice. If you have any need for clarification , email the program office and they will respond.
Some courses may require you to reach out to professors in the faculty to supervise you.

If you failed to apply for GCUB scholarship for the year, you may still apply directly to the faculty for scholarship and if not so competitive, you may get it.

After you apply and gain admission.

The school will spell out the necessary steps but from Nigeria, you’ll need to authenticate and legalize your documents.

Applying for Visa.
Visa Application Process is quite simple, similar to the tourist application process.
Documents you’ll typically need are.

Educational Documents
Admissions Offer Letter/Introduction Letter from School
Self Introduction Letter
Scholarship Offer Letter/Bank Statement
International passport
Covid vaccination certificate
Birth certificate
Bank reference letter
Visa Application Form
Colored Passport Photo on White Background
Flight Reservation

Visa Approved Congratulations, What next?
Check School requirements for things you need to do.
Research Accommodation
Join Expat groups on Facebook to see other foreigners experiences
Book hotel for a few days to help you give you time to get accommodation
Book flight to your destination

3 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Nobodyany1: 8:13am On Oct 17, 2023
Brasileira:

I responded to your mail
I truly haven't seen your response boss. Please, can you chat me up on what's app @09073631869
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by TadeDetule: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2023
Thank you for your information. Please what about health insurance. How may months is required
Brasileira:

Find a School.

I provided links to schools above, these are schools in the state of São Paulo. There are schools in other states in Brazil as well. You can do research about schools in Rio de Janeiro, Bahia, Rio Grade de Sul etc.
Bahia has good concentration of black people so you may feel more at home there.

Find a Course.
Once you find a school, check if they offer your program of choice. You need to find their Selection Process, It’s usually (not always) in PDF format. Download and translate with the tool provided above.
Brazilian Universities usually leave little time for application (1-3 weeks). They expect you to have been prepared ahead of time. If the program you are interested in has closed for the year, check the requirements still and get everything ready. Keep checking their website for the next Selection process notice. If you have any need for clarification , email the program office and they will respond.
Some courses may require you to reach out to professors in the faculty to supervise you.

If you failed to apply for GCUB scholarship for the year, you may still apply directly to the faculty for scholarship and if not so competitive, you may get it.

The school will spell out the necessary steps but from Nigeria, you’ll need to authenticate and legalize your documents.

Applying for Visa.
Visa Application Process is quite simple, similar to the tourist application process.

Educational Documents
Self Introduction Letter
International passport
Birth certificate
Bank reference letter
Visa Application Form
Flight Reservation

Research Accommodation
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by TadeDetule: 11:31am On Oct 17, 2023
Please wat about health insurance. How many months is expected. Thank you.
petertaiwo0:

Where did you get your information from?Please be mind and always be sure of passing out false information so as not to destroyed people plan. Don't say what you don't know please. Brazilian consulate is accepting visa applications not in person or by booking an appointment. You can send your complete visa application through courier in Lagos and include your printout of evidence of payment for your visa fees.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by TadeDetule: 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
Thank you for your information. Abeg any news about GCUB yet?
Brasileira:

Find a School.

Find a Course.

Applying for Visa.

Educational Documents
Self Introduction Letter
International passport
Birth certificate
Bank reference letter
Visa Application Form
Flight Reservation

Research Accommodation
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
TadeDetule:
Thank you for your information. Please what about health insurance. How may months is required

You’re welcome.

Health insurance is not a requirement. You have access to free healthcare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

History As Nigeria Records First All-female Crew Flight / 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.