Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures (8215 Views)

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Let’s Talk About Croatia Work Permit And Visa Application. / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Karleb(m): 3:37am On Oct 21, 2023
Brasileira:

I haven’t been to Belo Horizonte but generally, Brazilians are warm and friendly people regardless of location. Some are of the opinion that it’s just face value but the point is they are friendly regardless. Just like everywhere else, there are good and bad people.

Some states tend to be more laid back than the others. Maybe you have to explore to see where you like. I have friends who didn’t like São Paulo and moved to other states, Rio and Floripa.

If you’re used to Europe, you’ll like Floripa(Santa Catarina) and Curitiba (Parana). Americans tend to like Rio more, I guess it’s because of the weather.

I’ve been to Brasilia, it seemed safe but it also seemed boring. It was giving Abuja cheesy

Nigerians are everywhere but I think São Paulo has the most concentration of Nigerians. It was hard to find Nigerian restaurants in other states, actually didn’t find any but there’s a good number here in SP.

In terms of job opportunities, São Paulo takes it but you’ll need to speak Portuguese. If you get a remote job, you can live anywhere. I’ve heard Parana has good job opportunities too.

For Family setting, I can only speak of SP cos that’s where I live but I believe it’s the same or even better in other states. Brazil generally is family/Kids friend. They always make provisions for kids. Education is free, healthcare is free, transportation is free for kids up to a certain age, there are parks everywhere. In malls, asides the general bathrooms, you’ll find family bathrooms for people with kids and changing rooms for babies. There are free baby trolleys/Prams for babies at the malls. If you live in an apartment, most apartments come with playrooms/parks for the kids who live there. The government also pay low income families with kids monthly, they provide food items as well.

Oh, kids don’t take food to school here, no lunch boxes because they get fed in school, breakfast and lunch for daycare/preschoolers. At the beginning of every month, my kid comes home with food time table for the month so we see everything they are being fed (0-4years old)
The govt also provides school uniforms, 3 shortsleeved shirts, 2 long sleeved shirts, 2 pairs of trousers, 2 pairs of shorts, 4 pairs of socks and a pair of shoes per kid.

If you study at the University, you even get free lunch everyday.

If you birth here, you are not allowed to bring food from outside. They feed you according to your health requirements, they feed you and whoever is staying with you and the food is great!

I could go on and on, let me stop here.

He con be like say na heaven you dey describe.

We don too surfer for naija. embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:57am On Oct 21, 2023
Karleb:

I swear with what he described Brazil is better than Chile. Chilean government no send their citizens everything cost money but their passport has more privileges than Brazil passport. Even just a Chilean permanent residency has a lot of value. You can go all of south, central and mexico without a visa just with your RUT.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Gerrard59(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2023
Brasileira:

I haven’t been to Belo Horizonte but generally, Brazilians are warm and friendly people regardless of location. Some are of the opinion that it’s just face value but the point is they are friendly regardless. Just like everywhere else, there are good and bad people.

Some states tend to be more laid back than the others. Maybe you have to explore to see where you like. I have friends who didn’t like São Paulo and moved to other states, Rio and Floripa.

If you birth here, you are not allowed to bring food from outside. They feed you according to your health requirements, they feed you and whoever is staying with you and the food is great!

This is the country one ignorant Nairalander said the citizens are jumping the fence into the United States.

BTW, Brasileira, what do you have to say about the crime rate?

2 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by lovetterrison(m): 9:42am On Oct 21, 2023
Brasileira:

If you’re used to Europe, you’ll like Floripa(Santa Catarina) and Curitiba (Parana). Americans tend to like Rio more, I guess it’s because of the weather.

I’ve been to Brasilia, it seemed safe but it also seemed boring. It was giving Abuja cheesy

Nigerians are everywhere but I think São Paulo has the most concentration of Nigerians. It was hard to find Nigerian restaurants in other states, actually didn’t find any but there’s a good number here in SP.

In terms of job opportunities, São Paulo takes it but you’ll need to speak Portuguese. If you get a remote job, you can live anywhere. I’ve heard Parana has good job opportunities too.

For Family setting, I can only speak of SP cos that’s where I live but I believe it’s the same or even better in other states. Brazil generally is family/Kids friend. They always make provisions for kids. Education is free, healthcare is free, transportation is free for kids up to a certain age, there are parks everywhere. In malls, asides the general bathrooms, you’ll find family bathrooms for people with kids and changing rooms for babies. There are free baby trolleys/Prams for babies at the malls. If you live in an apartment, most apartments come with playrooms/parks for the kids who live there. The government also pay low income families with kids monthly, they provide food items as well.

Oh, kids don’t take food to school here, no lunch boxes because they get fed in school, breakfast and lunch for daycare/preschoolers. At the beginning of every month, my kid comes home with food time table for the month so we see everything they are being fed (0-4years old)
The govt also provides school uniforms, 3 shortsleeved shirts, 2 long sleeved shirts, 2 pairs of trousers, 2 pairs of shorts, 4 pairs of socks and a pair of shoes per kid.

What more can I ask you for all this information you’ve laid out without a penny Nigeria would have been a better place with ambassadors like you …I’m planning to move my whole family to Brazil so that my wife can have her third child there,on another angle the ashawo in me is saying so u will miss all the Brazilian chikalaz be that ooo… I will settle for Parana or Floripa for a start maybe before I move to sao oaulo. I have good linguistic gift that I can pick up language very fast..

Secondly pls,If we are to arrive in Brazil what’s the accommodation system is Air n B easily accessible ?for atleast first three month for us to settle and again when we get the visa I heard one can come in a week before visa expiration ?..I’m just so connected to Brazil for my kids sake and all u mention atleast will give a man less weight for fear of the future .. Nigeria still has a long way Jessss
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 10:50am On Oct 21, 2023
Karleb:

Hehehehe.

Even with all of that Brazilians still complain about their government too. Human needs are insatiable.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 10:58am On Oct 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I swear with what he described Brazil is better than Chile. Chilean government no send their citizens everything cost money but their passport has more privileges than Brazil passport. &Even just a Chilean permanent residency has a lot of value. You can go all of south, central and mexico without a visa just with your RUT.

Yes, I’ve heard things are really expensive in Chile. You are right about the Chilean Passport, just that Brazil makes things easier for foreigners, and with Lula(the president ) naturalization is much faster now. If you have a good travel on your Brazilian passport, you’ll get any other visa easily.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2023
Brasileira:

Yes, I’ve heard things are really expensive in Chile. You are right about the Chilean Passport, just that Brazil makes things easier for foreigners, and with Lula(the president ) naturalization is much faster now. If you have a good travel on your Brazilian passport, you’ll get any other visa easily.

The naturalisation law is similar for both countries. The only difference is that here in Chile if you give birth while on visiting visa your child wont be a citizen. You must have a residency for your Child to get citizenship. Temporary or permanent. There's a temporary residency for pregnant women but it's hidden and people never apply for it and they come with visiting visa and they won't get passport.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:22am On Oct 21, 2023
Gerrard59:

This is the country one ignorant Nairalander said the citizens are jumping the fence into the United States.

BTW, Brasileira, what do you have to say about the crime rate?

Brazilians do not even like to travel, maybe the new generation do. Even within São Paulo, they don’t know anywhere except where they live. If you ask a Brazilian about other parts of the state, they don’t know. They don’t migrate, that is why only 5% of the population speak English.

This is not to say they don’t travel at all or no Brazilian has attempted to jump fence but trust me, no one is running away from here

On the contrary, Americans and Europeans love it here. The government just stopped visa free entry for Americans which was supposed to take effect from Next month and guess what? Over a million visa applications has been received.
If you earn in dollars or Euros while living in Brazil, you’ll also not want to live elsewhere.

There’s crime just like everywhere else but widely exaggerated in the media. There are no drug cartels chasing everyone with guns. Everyday crimes you’ll see is phone snatching and this is mostly in touristy areas or downtown.
There are also domestic crimes, domestic violence, murders and all but these are in every society.

I think your lifestyle will determine your experience. Personally, i have not witnessed any crime in over 4 years of being here, No police harassment, nothing i have been stolen, there are scam attempts but i be Omo naija. I live in an apartment, there’s central security, you’ll be contacted before anyone comes in.

It feels safer here than in Nigeria or even the US. We don’t have mass shooters or ritualists. Hospitals don’t reject emergency cases, if you call an ambulance, they’ll show up.

The only problem is language barrier, if you can solve that you’ll be fine.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:29am On Oct 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

The naturalisation law is similar for both countries. The only difference is that here in Chile if you give birth while on visiting visa your child wont be a citizen. You must have a residency for your Child to get citizenship. Temporary or permanent. There's a temporary residency for pregnant women but it's hidden and people never apply for it and they come with visiting visa and they won't get passport.

Wow, that’s nice . How long after residency can one get citizenship.

BTW, Chile is beautiful. We were planning to visit but decided too late now the flight tickets are high. It would have been perfect to spend Christmas there.

People travel by road too but I’m not sure what it would be like for a family.

We already did a road trip to Rio from SP and it was very nice. It was a bed bus, better than airplane tbh but the travel time is long and I imagine Chile would be longer.

2 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:41am On Oct 21, 2023
Brasileira:

Wow, that’s nice . How long after residency can one get citizenship.

BTW, Chile is beautiful. We were planning to visit but decided too late now the flight tickets are high. It would have been perfect to spend Christmas there.

People travel by road too but I’m not sure what it would be like for a family.

We already did a road trip to Rio from SP and it was very nice. It was a bed bus, better than airplane tbh but the travel time is long and I imagine Chile would be longer.

3 years after permanent residency and 5 years legally living in Chile and you can be a citizen.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:50am On Oct 21, 2023
lovetterrison:

What more can I ask you for all this information you’ve laid out without a penny Nigeria would have been a better place with ambassadors like you …I’m planning to move my whole family to Brazil so that my wife can have her third child there,on another angle the ashawo in me is saying so u will miss all the Brazilian chikalaz be that ooo… I will settle for Parana or Floripa for a start maybe before I move to sao oaulo. I have good linguistic gift that I can pick up language very fast..

Secondly pls,If we are to arrive in Brazil what’s the accommodation system is Air n B easily accessible ?for atleast first three month for us to settle and again when we get the visa I heard one can come in a week before visa expiration ?..I’m just so connected to Brazil for my kids sake and all u mention atleast will give a man less weight for fear of the future .. Nigeria still has a long way Jessss

If you can learn the language, you’ll do very well, try and use Duolingo, watch YouTube lessons, you can set a 30 day challenge for yourself, it works. There’s a video on youtube about it.

Airbnb is a good option, they should be affordable in Parana. In Floripa, being a place with foreigners, im not sure. Airbnb is very expensive in São Paulo, a month’s stay for a good enough apartment is about $1000 per month. Hopefully it’s cheaper in Parana. Anyone can book Airbnb, you’ll need a credit card or a dollar card

Yes, you can travel anytime within the time stipulated on your visa including the last week.

2 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:54am On Oct 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

3 years after permanent residency and 5 years legally living in Chile and you can be a citizen.

That’s nice. If you have a Brazilian child or marry a Brazilian, it’s a year after residency.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Oiganji02(m): 11:52pm On Oct 22, 2023
Thank you for all the information.

Pls I just recently got Gcub scholarship I want to know how life is over there in Brazil and how much it’s would cost me for visa processing here and flight ticket to Brazil.

And please do you have any information on the school Universidade Federal do Pará, I think it’s in Belem, para Brazil. I want to know what the standard of living and how the state like in general. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Oiganji02(m): 11:54pm On Oct 22, 2023
Brasileira:

Brazilians do not even like to travel, maybe the new generation do. Even within São Paulo, they don’t know anywhere except where they live. If you ask a Brazilian about other parts of the state, they don’t know. They don’t migrate, that is why only 5% of the population speak English.

This is not to say they don’t travel at all or no Brazilian has attempted to jump fence but trust me, no one is running away from here

On the contrary, Americans and Europeans love it here. The government just stopped visa free entry for Americans which was supposed to take effect from Next month and guess what? Over a million visa applications has been received.
If you earn in dollars or Euros while living in Brazil, you’ll also not want to live elsewhere.

There’s crime just like everywhere else but widely exaggerated in the media. There are no drug cartels chasing everyone with guns. Everyday crimes you’ll see is phone snatching and this is mostly in touristy areas or downtown.
There are also domestic crimes, domestic violence, murders and all but these are in every society.

I think your lifestyle will determine your experience. Personally, i have not witnessed any crime in over 4 years of being here, No police harassment, nothing i have been stolen, there are scam attempts but i be Omo naija. I live in an apartment, there’s central security, you’ll be contacted before anyone comes in.

It feels safer here than in Nigeria or even the US. We don’t have mass shooters or ritualists. Hospitals don’t reject emergency cases, if you call an ambulance, they’ll show up.

The only problem is language barrier, if you can solve that you’ll be fine.

I recently got the Gcub scholarship at Universidade Federal do Pará, pls any useful tips and it’s it true visa processing cost much?

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Oiganji02(m): 11:58pm On Oct 22, 2023
Brasileira:

Application is closed for this year till next year. You can also apply directly to the school for school except if unavailable. The scholarship value is same as GCUB.

Please is there anyone that got the scholarship or if there group for successful applicants so we can plan our movement and do the process together

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 1:19am On Oct 23, 2023
Oiganji02:
Thank you for all the information.

Pls I just recently got Gcub scholarship I want to know how life is over there in Brazil and how much it’s would cost me for visa processing here and flight ticket to Brazil.

And please do you have any information on the school Universidade Federal do Pará, I think it’s in Belem, para Brazil. I want to know what the standard of living and how the state like in general. Thanks

Congratulations! I went through the list and my eyes were shining and looking out for Nigerian names. Proud of you all.

No, visa application does not cost as much.

You only need to pay 72,050 visa application fee.
You’ll need to authenticate your educational documents at the ministry of education in Abuja, non educational document such as birth certificate and police character at the ministry of foreign affairs.
You’ll then notarize at the designated notary public of the Brazilian embassy in Lagos.
You’ll add these documents at part of your visa application.
You’ll need to add your scholarship letter also, you won’t need to prove substantial amount in your bank account since the scholarship will cover you. Notwithstanding, still add your bank statement as part of your application just to strengthen it.
Flight is now about 1.2 - 1.5 million naira due to foreign exchange so I advise that your account should have at least 2m as closing balance.

I’ll respond to your email to clear any more doubts you may have.

4 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Karleb(m): 3:49am On Oct 23, 2023
Oiganji02:

I recently got the Gcub scholarship at Universidade Federal do Pará, pls any useful tips and it’s it true visa processing cost much?

Congratulations man. cool
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Oiganji02(m): 6:24am On Oct 23, 2023
Karleb:

Congratulations man. cool

Thank you much
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Oiganji02(m): 6:25am On Oct 23, 2023
Brasileira:

Congratulations! I went through the list and my eyes were shining and looking out for Nigerian names. Proud of you all.

No, visa application does not cost as much.

You only need to pay 72,050 visa application fee.
You’ll need to authenticate your educational documents at the ministry of education in Abuja, non educational document such as birth certificate and police character at the ministry of foreign affairs.
You’ll then notarize at the designated notary public of the Brazilian embassy in Lagos.
You’ll add these documents at part of your visa application.
You’ll need to add your scholarship letter also, you won’t need to prove substantial amount in your bank account since the scholarship will cover you. Notwithstanding, still add your bank statement as part of your application just to strengthen it.
Flight is now about 1.2 - 1.5 million naira due to foreign exchange so I advise that your account should have at least 2m as closing balance.

I’ll respond to your email to clear any more doubts you may have.

Thank you so much sir for this information, I have send you pls kindly check through
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Nobodyany1: 6:37am On Oct 23, 2023
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Blackfinegirl(f): 9:25am On Oct 23, 2023
Brasileira:
What if you don’t get a grant?

What happens if you don’t get a grant? You can still attend the university for FREE and look for side hustles. I advise you learn some digital skills before leaving naija.

Remote Jobs
You can get remote jobs from the US or Canada. Common remote jobs are Customer care jobs, Tech Jobs etc. Do a thorough research and learn a useful skill before coming.

Driving Uber.
You can drive Uber Part time. You won’t necessarily have to buy a car, there are care rentals specifically for Uber here. You’ll need to convert your driver’s license from Nigeria in order to this. This is a good one because you don’t necessarily have to speak to your riders so no language issues.

Teaching English Language.

There are lots of English teaching jobs which can be done online from your house.

You see this remote Job, its true. I gave birth in Brazil, although I am back in naija, Me and hubby have been getting lots of remote job offers cus of our brazil residency.

4 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:15am On Oct 23, 2023
Blackfinegirl:

You see this remote Job, its true. I gave birth in Brazil, although I am back in naija, Me and hubby have been getting lots of remote job offers cus of our brazil residency.

A whole bulk of tech offshoring from the states goes to latin america. If you speak English and have the right skills you will get overwhelmed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Blackfinegirl(f): 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

A whole bulk of tech offshoring from the states goes to latin america. If you speak English and have the right skills you will get overwhelmed.

Absolutely True
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Nitabb: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
Blackfinegirl:

if one birth in Brazil does your other kid not with you in Brazil becomes citizen too?
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by MatthiasChin: 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2023
Boss Brasileira pls I would like to study Law in brazil,

How possible is this?

How much should be my budget

Is it taught in English or Portuguese

How strong is the certificate?

Drop me your email if you don't mind..
Here's mine pabloshenko001@gmail.com
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:45am On Oct 26, 2023
Nitabb:
if one birth in Brazil does your other kid not with you in Brazil becomes citizen too?

No. They only become Brazilians if they come with you and get residency. You’ll also have to register them in a school before you start your citizenship application for them.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:51am On Oct 26, 2023
MatthiasChin:
Boss Brasileira pls I would like to study Law in brazil,

How possible is this?

How much should be my budget

Is it taught in English or Portuguese

Drop me your email if you don't mind..
Here's mine pabloshenko001@gmail.com

It’s possible but might not be easy. I do not think it’s taught in English but you can do your work in English.

Budget
School is free in Brazil except you want to go to a private one.

I don’t really understand what you mean by “strong”. If you study at the University of São Paulo, you’ll be studying at the best University in Latin America and one of the top 100 universities in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by MatthiasChin: 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2023
Brasileira:

It’s possible but might not be easy. I do not think it’s taught in English but you can do your work in English.

Budget
School is free in Brazil except you want to go to a private one.

I don’t really understand what you mean by “strong”. If you study at the University of São Paulo, you’ll be studying at the best University in Latin America and one of the top 100 universities in the world.

Boss thank you very much for the answer....

What I mean is coming over how much will it cost me roughly to process my viisa and how do I start the process because I would like to start immediately.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by MatthiasChin: 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2023
And how easy is it to visit Nigeria and go back.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Nobodyany1: 1:36am On Oct 28, 2023
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by brasXplorer: 3:43am On Oct 30, 2023
wink wink smiley

Brasileira:

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Nobodyany1: 6:54am On Oct 30, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Graphic Photos! Accident At Ojuelegba Just Now / Republic Of Georgia Visa On Arrival Document!!! / FAAN Says All Issues Concerning Enugu Airport Now Resolved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.