Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,523 members, 7,861,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:36 PM

Imo Guber: Jack Ogunewe Enmeshed In Diaspora Donations Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Guber: Jack Ogunewe Enmeshed In Diaspora Donations Scandal (349 Views)

Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal / Buhari, APC Keep Mum As Gbajabiamila Is Enmeshed In US Fraud Scam / Tradermoni Scheme Enmeshed In Fraud Allegations, Illegal Deductions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Guber: Jack Ogunewe Enmeshed In Diaspora Donations Scandal by saveimonow: 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2023
JACK OGUNEWE ENMESHED IN DIASPORA DONATIONS SCANDAL

….Family Members Fingered.

There are indications that the now embattled Governorship Candidate of Action Alliance, Retired General Jack Ogunewe is entangled in a fresh monetary scandal.

Members of his Campaign team has accused him of diverting funds donated by several individuals and organizations in the diaspora for the puporse of the Campaign.

A top official of the Reset Imo group who spoke to our agents on the condition of anonymity, said that several individuals and Imo communities in the USA, United Kingdom, Canada and even Ghana have presented evidence of funds they transferred to his personal accounts and others he collected through surrogate accounts, without injecting any into the Campaign. He narrated as follows:

“I spoke with my cousin who resides in Austin Texas, he called me to find out how the campaign is going and why Ogunewe is not going on LGA tours, he even complained of his lack of media presence. I told him that our principal is sourcing for funds to kick start the process. He expressed surprised when I mentioned that money is the issue.

My cousin revealed to me that Mbaise Organization in Austin Texas contributed 35 thousand dollars (over N35 Million) and sent to his Fidelity account just two weeks ago. He also said that he is aware of huge donations made by those in Dallas, Illinois and Kansas City, in addition to individual donations.

This shocking revelation prompted me to dig deep, only to uncover the heartbreaking fact that our Principal, Maj. Gen. Ogunewe is merely using the campaign to raise funds for himself and family members. I even got a hint that he received about 12 Thousand Pounds through his immediate younger brother Sonny Ogunewe, who is a Medical Doctor in Abuja.

I am traumatized that most of us who are directors in the Campaign are not aware of these donations, even the Deputy Governorship Candidate, or so I believe. Even if he is not serious about the election, he should at least show some level of goodwill to those of us who have sheepishly believed in his project all these while.

I dare him not to open up to us and we will be forced to publish some of the evidences and bank transactions available to us, you will be shocked at the amount of money this man has raked in.” he concluded.

- Mandate Reporters

Re: Imo Guber: Jack Ogunewe Enmeshed In Diaspora Donations Scandal by successmatters(m): 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2023
One arm General is our next governor.
Re: Imo Guber: Jack Ogunewe Enmeshed In Diaspora Donations Scandal by SoNature(m): 4:56am On Oct 13, 2023
successmatters:
One arm General is our next governor.

That man cannot win. This election is between Hope Uzodinma and Sam Daddy. The former is more likely to win though.

1 Like

Re: Imo Guber: Jack Ogunewe Enmeshed In Diaspora Donations Scandal by successmatters(m): 7:28am On Oct 13, 2023
SoNature:

That man cannot win. This election is between Hope Uzodinma and Sam Daddy. The former is more likely to win though.

You don't want Imo state to change and become like Abia state? Labour Party is liberating people everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Imo Guber: Jack Ogunewe Enmeshed In Diaspora Donations Scandal by SoNature(m): 7:48am On Oct 13, 2023
successmatters:

You don't want Imo state to change and become like Abia state? Labour Party is liberating people everywhere.

It's not about what I want; it is about the reality. Party is not the problem of Nigeria, politicians are. One Armed General is from my community. He's not a good man. We know him in Umunumo.
Re: Imo Guber: Jack Ogunewe Enmeshed In Diaspora Donations Scandal by successmatters(m): 7:58am On Oct 13, 2023
SoNature:

It's not about what I want; it is about the reality. Party is not the problem of Nigeria, politicians are. One Armed General is from my community. He's not a good man. We know him in Umunumo.

What makes him a bad man?
Re: Imo Guber: Jack Ogunewe Enmeshed In Diaspora Donations Scandal by SoNature(m): 8:04am On Oct 13, 2023
successmatters:

What makes him a bad man?

Let me give him the benefit of the doubt because people change. Just know that I know him so well. I can walk to his house from my family house in the village...it's not up to 30 minutes walk.
Re: Imo Guber: Jack Ogunewe Enmeshed In Diaspora Donations Scandal by Beremx(f): 8:12am On Oct 13, 2023
SoNature:

I cannot write that in public. Better still, let me give him the benefit of the doubt because people change. Just know that I know him so well. I can walk to his house from my family house in the village...it's not up to 30 minutes walk.
Imo people will still vote for him because of labour party. Hope Uzodinma did not win his first term and there is no chance of him winning this time around because Orlu zone where he comes from, he has messed it up. Is it Owerri and Okigwe zone that will vote him?

1 Like

Re: Imo Guber: Jack Ogunewe Enmeshed In Diaspora Donations Scandal by SoNature(m): 8:23am On Oct 13, 2023
Beremx:
Imo people will still vote for him because of labour party. Hope Uzodinma did not win his first term and there is no chance of him winning this time around because Orlu zone where he comes from, he has messed it up. Is it Owerri and Okigwe zone that will vote him?

Hope Uzodinma doesn't need anyone's votes to win. He will just rig the election or get the Supreme Court to upturn the result to his favour. Imo State is in a big mess, and I try so hard not to think about it.

In any case, Athan should be better than Hope. Just that in my community, young people still contribute to provide basic facilities when we have rich people like that driving in convoys and constituting nuisance.

For instance, it took the intervention of a guy who worked in NDDC to fix the road that ran across Athan's mighty massion. Meanwhile, Athan always drove pass that terrible road in his long convoy before it was fixed.
Re: Imo Guber: Jack Ogunewe Enmeshed In Diaspora Donations Scandal by Beremx(f): 8:35am On Oct 13, 2023
SoNature:

Hope Uzodinma doesn't need anyone's votes to win. He will just rig the election or get the Supreme Court to upturn the result to his favour. Imo State is in a big mess, and I try so hard not to think about it.

In any case, Athan should be better than Hope. Just that in my community, young people still contribute to provide basic facilities when we have rich people like that driving in convoys and constituting nuisance.

For instance, it took the intervention of a guy who worked in NDDC to fix the road that ran across Athan's mighty massion. Meanwhile, Athan always drove pass that terrible road in his long convoy before it was fixed.
I agree with you on Hope Uzodinma rigging the election because I don't see how imo people will massively vote for him. As for Athan well I don't know much about him. I only know his wife who was my junior in federal school back in the north. I hope he delivers and follow the giant strides of Alex Otti

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Election Survey. Kindly Fill If You Fall Within The Criteria / ...."God Must Have Taken Extra Time To Create Me,...No Be Small Beating -Ajaero / Protest In Front Of INEC Office In Bayelsa Over Alleged Doctored Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.