Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa (20154 Views)

Tesla To Mine Nigerian Lithium. Buhari Says They MUST Build Battery Factory 1st. / Ben Ayade Watches As Lady Sews Face Mask In Garment Factory In Calabar / VIDEO: Hon. Kalu Addresses Issue Of Budget Laying For 2020 At NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Originality007: 6:41am On Oct 13, 2023
grin
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by siant: 6:52am On Oct 13, 2023
Babalola0920:
Madness..
People are so foolish that all they seek for his monetary value of every thing not the health, environmental or humanitarian cost of those resource.
Have they for once did research on the health hazard of lithium mining ?
even the money can't solve it problem.
they shouting job creation like that's all what life required
only God knows how some people think.

No, they didn't do environmental impact assessment, na only you know about it.

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Babathanks(m): 7:02am On Oct 13, 2023
Jbleenk:
Way to go. We are on the right track on this. Time to force the west to do our bidding as well

. If you can’t come here to build industries instead of pillaging our resources and exporting them to your countries then forget it we won’t allow you access to what you are so much in need of period.
Una don start again ooo. Una wan make battery cost again. Na so una dy shout say May government close border. But see how things cost now. All this things is not a caste system. I support African independent but not like this unless if we want to suffer cos we are still poor

1 Like

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by online4business: 7:04am On Oct 13, 2023
Another white elephant project that will further distabilize Nigeria.

Electric vehicle electric vehicle yet raw materials to produce the battery are not in your country.

Mali and Niger has the largest littiun deposit yet ravage by terrorism to distabilize the country paid by the west so mining can continue.

The owner of these companies are the first to shout climate change yet underground they fund mining activities.

The poor nassarawa people na them go near the blunt sorry for them.

They are just killing the people in the guise of employment... The health challenges from lithium no be here.

Let's go back to water engine and petroleum.

Environmental impact of lithium is far worst than crude oil 100 folds.

The media blind people to the truth after all the owners of the media also own these mining companies.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Felix6: 7:06am On Oct 13, 2023
OH MY GOD! IF NOT FOR IGNORANCE, THOSE VULTURES SEATED THERE WOULD HAVE RECEIVED MOB ACTION BY STONING TO COMA.
NOTHING IN THAT STATEMENTS INSINUATE THAT BATTERIES ARE GOING TO BE MANUFACTURED HERE IN NIGERIA. IT'S ALL DECEPTION,
PLEASE GOOGLE WHAT PROCESSING OF LITHIUM MEANS.
OH MY MY AFRICA! OH MY NIGERIA, GOD WHICH WAY? YOUTHS WHICH WAY? cry cry cry cry
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by SaLongs1(m): 7:10am On Oct 13, 2023
Jbleenk:
Way to go. We are on the right track on this. Time to force the west to do our bidding as well

. If you can’t come here to build industries instead of pillaging our resources and exporting them to your countries then forget it we won’t allow you access to what you are so much in need of period.
It is not wise blaming outsiders for your leadership failures, let me not hear the locals groaning later after a few corrupt individuals have cornered everything for themselves.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by ufotunang: 7:17am On Oct 13, 2023
This is nice.... this is the type of good news I want to be hearing in nigeria everytime
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Bfly: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2023
Why chinko? When are we going to start committing such project to ourselves?
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by yesloaded: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2023
dominique:
By the time the factory starts operations, battery we were buying for ₦200 will skyrocket to ₦500. Let's just keep importing biko

Well you are not far from truth

The problem be sey, some powerful people will let government ban importation of lithium battery, monopolize the market then inflate the price for their selfish gain

Let them production commence, but make dem no stop importation. If the price of locally produced is lesser even with just 10naira, nobody will bother going for imported ones

I still remembered when they banned importation of rice, locally produced with low quality still cost more than imported polished rice

1 Like

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by waveman2: 7:19am On Oct 13, 2023
No the truth is that they only layed a foundation stone in which the factory might take ages to become a reality, but in the actually sense of it they will get their license, mine and still export.Our leaders know how to deceive their gullible followers, after striking deals.
DaddyJapan:

I welcome this development, which would invariably raise our contribution and revenue within the supply chain. But I do not believe what Nigeria is going to get is an actual Lithium Battery Factory.

The Ganfeng Lithium Group has a pretty large footprint around the world, however like all other Chinese entities involved in Lithium Battery production, it has confined its manufacturing bases to China ONLY.

The devil is always in the detail, so I do not accept Dele Alake's view here.

Source: https://punchng.com/fg-backs-250m-nasarawa-lithium-battery-factory/

My guess is that Nigeria will get some kind of precursor processing plant, where the lithium being shipped out to China gets refined to some degree from its extracted form. A lithium battery factory is no small undertaking, and the Chinese are not in the business of sharing their technology just yet cool

P.S: I will gladly tender an apology if anyone can prove me wrong.
Ganfeng Global Layout -- https://www.ganfenglithium.com/about3_en.html

1 Like

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by 12345baba(m): 7:22am On Oct 13, 2023
Court wan impeach am he come dey commission project
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Kasdat5(m): 7:29am On Oct 13, 2023
Project white elephant ..
No be Nass Gov again
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by 89green: 7:31am On Oct 13, 2023
Chinese abi?
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:32am On Oct 13, 2023
naptu2:
Also this. Tesla wants to mine lithium in Nigeria, but Nigeria says that it will not give Tesla a mining license unless they set up a battery factory in Nigeria.

Tesla wants to mine Lithium in Nigeria: What are the hidden costs?
https://www.theafricareport.com/240607/tesla-wants-to-mine-lithium-in-nigeria-what-are-the-hidden-costs/

sooooo we have lithium in the North
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by PepeXKermit: 7:33am On Oct 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

And if we keep importing, we would keep on sending our forex out of the country.

It's time we attracted forex into the country, and created employment into the bargain. We can't keep on selling raw materials to others who would use them to make products that earn them far more than the raw materials we sell.

Rich countries are exporters of manufactured goods and services.

Yes, batteries may be expensive as a result, but then again, workers have to be paid well. Better it is Nigerian workers being paid well regardless of tribe.

your assertion is very folly to say the least. tell me which country is more politically and economically unstable and uncertain as Nigeria. even you, if you are a small business owner of just one shop with 10sqm of space, imagine how much you spend in generating your won elecricity. you are then asking a company who needs to maximize their profit, to come and invest/open a factory in Nigeria that will not only bring htem untold losses but with lots of uncertainty about its climate. you want them to come and invest so that your youths can be employed? which foolish business man will take such an offer? did you think these billionaire were rich out of the blues? you guys are making me laugh honestly. any country that cannot fix their political climate, will never have a thriving economy. check anywhere in the worold and give me a contradicitng opinion of my assertion.

1 Like

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by DaddyJapan(m): 7:36am On Oct 13, 2023
waveman2:
No the truth is that they only layed a foundation stone in which the factory might take ages to become a reality, but in the actually sense of it they will get their license, mine and still export.Our leaders know how to deceive their gullible followers, after striking deals.

Nah, we are not even going to get a Lithium Battery Factory from the Chinese anytime soon.

If you look at what goes into the finished product (and this applies to @Naptu2 who tagged me in his own diary) it should become somewhat clear that China is mainly after our raw material. You cannot argue with the fundamentals of the chemistry which underpins a lithium battery. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Philipmoon2(m): 7:37am On Oct 13, 2023
Ordinary foundation laying, this government is a joke. Do you know how many foundations that Nigeria government has commissioned fir the past 16yrs and it's now an abandoned project
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Tzar(m): 7:40am On Oct 13, 2023
Hopefully this will not be another white elephant project.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by KingMilli: 7:45am On Oct 13, 2023
Don't be deceived, in as much as it's a good project but that's not paramount for now, there are lot of project the governor should work on not this, almost all this projects are not functional and beneficial to the people and if you must know I stay in Lafia so am taking from facts
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by PHAYOL81: 7:45am On Oct 13, 2023
Good devt. HOPE other state follow suit. Attract investors onto the manufacturing capacities of each state and see how our country will quickly catapult back to prosperity

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Quintopia: 7:49am On Oct 13, 2023
naptu2:
Dele Alake @AlakeDele

https://twitter.com/AlakeDele/status/1712582820797821338

IMPRESSIVE. WELL DONE.

THIS IS WHAT WE WANT.

ADD VALUE HERE IN NIGERIA.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by nkemoma(m): 7:54am On Oct 13, 2023
Bandits over to you!!
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Alliswell248: 7:57am On Oct 13, 2023
agulion:
Na today! Nothing good will come out of this certificate forgering gvt, even members of Yoruba Muslims miscreants knew this

Nothing good will come out for you and your family.

Enjoy your day.
Animal.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Think9ja(m): 7:57am On Oct 13, 2023
Clout chasers
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Gerrard59(m): 7:58am On Oct 13, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Source: https://punchng.com/fg-backs-250m-nasarawa-lithium-battery-factory/

My guess is that Nigeria will get some kind of precursor processing plant, where the lithium being shipped out to China gets refined to some degree from its extracted form. A lithium battery factory is no small undertaking, and the Chinese are not in the business of sharing their technology just yet

P.S: I will gladly tender an apology if anyone can prove me wrong.
Ganfeng Global Layout -- https://www.ganfenglithium.com/about3_en.html

The Chinese would gladly share the technology IF you ask. If you don't ask, they won't share it. That is how they do. Ask, and it shall be given unto you. You don't ask? No technology.

@Pansophist: Here we have it; investments, good vibes, pork and Mandarin. Wouldn't you rather do business with the Chinese?

Long live the CCP grin

In China we trust!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by 99thEnemy(m): 7:59am On Oct 13, 2023
dominique:
By the time the factory starts operations, battery we were buying for ₦200 will skyrocket to ₦500. Let's just keep importing biko
I believe you are using Tiger as a base standard.
How much do you buy Duracell or Energizer?

If it's sold for ₦500 and matches the quality of Duracell/Energizer, it's a big win.

By the way, I think they will concentrate on larger batteries instead of the small AA/AAA, C, D, Coin/Button cell, and 9v.

Priority demands LFP, LMO, NMC, NCA, LTO for cars, electric cars, inverters etc...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by dfrost: 8:00am On Oct 13, 2023
Please and please, they should prioritise employment for locals first, before others.

I understand that expertise matters albeit, the locals can also be trained.

Inclusion really matters.

@naptu2, thanks for bringing this news to the fore. Kudos chief.

Hope you rested and did your exercises this morning?
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Quintopia: 8:01am On Oct 13, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Very good move. I must congratulate the FG. You can't talk about electric vehicle without lithium. While the American clown called Elon Musk (Tesla) wanted licence to mine...FG rejected his request.

Just like the French government who were mining uranium in Niger Republic... the US came through Tesla to mine our lithium. When i tell people that the West don't want Africa to develop, not ready to lift us out of poverty, will never transfer important technology to us but will go ahead to establish over 1000 military base in African territory. Probably where they train & supply terrorist with advanced weaponry to destablize Africa.

Thanks to the Chinese, these guys are bringing real investment to Africa. They will never give you conditions that are contrary to your culture & value. Like you must accept gay, LGBTV rights before we give you loan.

i WAS SO HAPPY WHEN FG REJECTED ELON MUSK'S STUPID APPROACH TO EXPORT RAW NIGERIAN LITHIUM, WITH HIS BIG COCONUT HEAD.

THESE PEOPLE ARE JUST CRIMINALS.

THIEVES!

ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS EXPLOIT AFRICAN RESOURCES FOR THEMSELVES!

THANK GOODNESS AFRICA IS FINALLY SAYING ''ENOUGH!!!!''
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by vRendoh(m): 8:01am On Oct 13, 2023
Jbleenk:

I agree with you. however there is big difference between building and running the place. Our refineries are typical examples. We must wake up from the crude level of mining to refining. Not untill we learn to add values to every of our products by ourselves we are not there yet.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by dfrost: 8:05am On Oct 13, 2023
dominique:

Look beyond base cost. Look at availability and access. Let me paint a scenario.

Someone wants to go into transportation business and needs to wait 8 months for the vehicle to arrive before starting. Meanwhile if he had access to the vehicle, he would have covered ¼ of the money within that 8 months he was waiting.

Time is a determinant in every business.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by dfrost: 8:07am On Oct 13, 2023
vRendoh:

I agree with you. however there is big difference between building and running the place. Our refineries are typical examples. We must wake up from the crude level of mining to refining. Not untill we learn to add values to every of our products by ourselves we are not there yet.

To an extent, privatisation is good with a strong regulatory policy and compliance by the government.

What even happened to our PPP policy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Never Believed In Labour Party – Doyin Okupe / Explosions Rock Borno Town, Biu / First Crude Oil Lift From Aje Field FPSO Due In August – Panoro Energy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.