Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 (14536 Views)

Ahead Of His Defection, APC Governors Visit Matawalle In Gusau / Defection: APC Sets Up Committee To Woo Obaseki / Defection: APC Rejects Godsday Orubebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by Thonyb(m): 6:44am On Oct 13, 2023
The number of the All Progressives Congress, APC Senators in the National Assembly on Thursday increased to 60 following the defection of Ifeanyi Ubah, lawmaker representing Anambra South Senatorial District, who was elected on the platform of the Young Progressives Party, YPP to the ruling party.

Ubah’s defection to APC on the floor of the Red Chamber reduced the number of lawmakers elected on the platforms of minority parties from 50 to 49.

In his letter of defection read by the President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio before the day’s plenary was suspended in honour of Jelani Danbuga from Sokoto State, a member of the House of Representatives, who died on Wednesday, Ubah cited irreconcilable differences between him and leadership of YPP for his exist from the party.

He explained that his choice of APC as his new political platform, was borne out of the commitment to good governance, economic development and social progress which the ruling party has demonstrated.

The letter reads: “I am willing to formally notify and inform the Distinguished Senate President and our colleagues of inconsiderable differences between me and the leadership of my party (YPP).

“I therefore resolve to move from the Young Progressives Party (YPP) to the most important party in Africa, the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“As a dedicated politician and representative of my people, this has become exigent at this period of my political career and public service.

“After thorough evaluation of the political landscape in Nigeria particularly, the good works being done by the All Progressives Congress since the emergence of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the president of Nigeria, I have come to realization and conclusion that the All Progressives Congress is better suited to champion the ideals and principles that can move Nigeria forward.

“The APC’s commitment to good governance, economic development and social progress resonate deeply to my own conviction and the alignment of each member on key national issues for achieving the promises of any decent politician and particularly the promises that I made to my constituents to better the lot of all of them.

“I am particularly impressed by the Renewed Hope Initiative of President Bola Tinubu and I have found it necessary to join the trend so as to integrate my senatorial district into the laudable mission of my President.”

https://.ng/2023/10/12/apc-senators-increase-to-60-as-ifeanyi-ubah-dumps-ypp/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by pandoragirigory: 6:48am On Oct 13, 2023
Very soon labour party members will join to stay afloat or been swept away by political erosion of their erosion desecrated land

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by insidelife22(m): 7:03am On Oct 13, 2023
Apcshit is a party of thieves
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by Tooreda: 7:03am On Oct 13, 2023
This should influence the price of fuel and improve your general wellbeing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by princepeter566: 7:05am On Oct 13, 2023
60 fo*lish men.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by tollyboy5(m): 7:22am On Oct 13, 2023
pandoragirigory:
Very soon labour party members will join to stay afloat or been swept away by political erosion of their erosion desecrated land
I thought this could lead to his disqualification. Winning from the vote of one party and moving to another that never won.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by pandoragirigory: 7:26am On Oct 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

I thought this could lead to his disqualification. Winning from the vote of one party and moving to another that never won.
They are protected ruling party

8 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by pandoragirigory: 7:28am On Oct 13, 2023
Allardyce:
Coward, just like Isese priest. 😂😂😂

You can't fight the fulani's desecrating your culture and traditions, but you can fight igbos. 😂😂
Thanks again, go back and play with your toys

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by tollyboy5(m): 7:31am On Oct 13, 2023
pandoragirigory:
They are protected ruling party
This has nothing to do with justice.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by Racoon(m): 7:34am On Oct 13, 2023
This country is a gross mess under the APC. All they could be obsessed with is the numbers of captured senators on it payroll.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by ZUKKYY(m): 7:57am On Oct 13, 2023
undecided
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by Jestin: 7:57am On Oct 13, 2023
🤔

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by Judolisco(m): 7:57am On Oct 13, 2023
Anywhere belle face politicians... Today apga, tomorrow Pdp, next week LP

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by HumbleOptimist(m): 7:58am On Oct 13, 2023
Politics na Interest.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by theophorus(m): 7:59am On Oct 13, 2023
Who no go no know.

Oga see say a Tree cannot make a forest, he sharperly join the Progressives.

Well, the first of many.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by Benekkk: 8:00am On Oct 13, 2023
Judolisco:
Anywhere belle face politicians...
You’ve said it all!

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by Xscape1993(m): 8:00am On Oct 13, 2023
You decamp to the most fraudulent party in the world for your own personal gains and nothing more. The evil party call APC is not a political party, but a conglomerate of agberos, drug barons, strange men and touts. We are still living in pretency and lies in the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by rickyrex(m): 8:01am On Oct 13, 2023
pandoragirigory:
bros i dey suffer erosion like this for lagos where i dey stay. I dont just like posting videos. It was hell here. Anyways you no get television you for see wetin erosion don cause for lagos
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by PoliteActivist: 8:02am On Oct 13, 2023
You feel so useless and powerless when you are not part of the majority party in the senate. That's just how the place is set up. It is something that will be very hard for someone with big ego to bear.

8 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by Sirianese: 8:04am On Oct 13, 2023
pandoragirigory:

They are still better than you and your coming generations who will be slaves of APC criminals for the next 500 years

Useless fool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah's Defection: APC Senators Become 60 by ecolime(m): 8:04am On Oct 13, 2023
This life ehn, follow who know road.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

P/harcourt Refineries To Work At Full Capacity By November – Nnpc / Suicide Bombers Attack Muna, Maiduguri, Five Killed, Eleven Injured (Photos) / Police Rescue Soldier, 15 Others Abducted By Insurgents In Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.