Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,598 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Reasons You Should Never Rely On People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons You Should Never Rely On People (103 Views)

Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day / Four Powerful Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons You Should Never Rely On People by abbasstory(f): 8:17am On Oct 13, 2023
MORNING TEA☕️☕️ - Don’t Rely on People

Today's Scripture
Philippians 4:12–13, NLT - "I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Today's Word
When we know that the Creator of the universe lives in us, when we know He’s equipped us, empowered us, and anointed us, we can put our shoulders back and hold our head high, knowing that if God approves us, we don’t have to have people’s approval. It’s good when people encourage us and cheer us on, but what I’m saying is to not become dependent on that. If someone’s not giving you what you expect, if they’re not validating you, that’s okay. You can validate yourself. You can approve yourself. You are self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency. You can feel good about who you are, knowing that God handpicked you, created you in His image, and put seeds of greatness inside.

What am I saying? You don’t need somebody else’s praise. You don’t have to have people’s applause. You have the applause from the One who matters most, from the God who spoke worlds into existence. I’d rather have His applause than people’s applause. But you may say, “Well, if I could convince this person to like me, he knows a lot of people, and maybe he could open some new doors for me.” Promotion doesn’t come from people. It comes from the Lord. God knows where all the opportunities are. He can make things happen for you without you having to convince someone to like you. You don’t have to play up to people to try to win their favour. If they don’t want to be your friend, it’s their loss, not yours. Do yourself a favour and keep moving forward. They’re not a part of your destiny. God has divine connections for you—people He’s already lined up. They’re already in your future.

Sometimes the reason people don’t give us what we need is because they don’t have it. Nobody gave it to them. They didn’t see it modelled when they were growing up. If they weren’t raised by parents who showed affection, expressed feelings of love, and were good to each other, the problem is, they don’t have it to give. If you’re trying to get it from them, you’re going to be frustrated. Why don’t you let them off the hook and go to God for what they can’t give you?

Here’s the key: God has it all. If you learn this principle of not relying on people but going to Him for your encouragement, your approval, and your self-worth, then you won’t live stressed out because somebody is not giving you what you expect.

Prayer for Today

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You for creating me and placing seeds of greatness within me. I know that You live in me, and I can hold my head high and be confident, understanding that Your approval is all that matters. Help me not to depend on the praise and validation of others. I remind myself that I am sufficient in Your sufficiency. I can feel good about who I am because You handpicked me and created me in Your image. That is what truly matters in Jesus Mighty Name, I pray. Amen.

Good morning beloved and have a blessed weekend, shalom.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How We Receive In This Kingdom | Apostle Joshua Selman. / Your Loved One Is With The Lord / Blackheart Brotherhood: Crafting A Vision For Our 2023 Annual Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.