Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Reflections On CBN Lifting Of Import Ban - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reflections On CBN Lifting Of Import Ban (2489 Views)

Bola Tinubu's Statement On The Lifting Of The Twitter Ban / Buhari Orders Conditional Lifting Of Ban On Twitter / House Of Representatives Reject Lifting Of Twitter Ban By Majority Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reflections On CBN Lifting Of Import Ban by Godfullsam(m): 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol I actually get the idea they are trying to kill the black market

Since this same people can walk into banks and request for dollars... This would increase the capacity of banks

Most people with connection just calm they import the goods that were allowed the just turn back to sale dollar at the black market

Truth is that decision that needs to be taken to restore the economy needs to be taken by a popular candidate trusted by the people not someone who rigged himself into power

I really don't pity tinubu sha they are just doing try and error

Pls don't pollute this thread.

You can see no one has mentioned any party, candidate or individual in this thread before you came.

The challenges of the economy has been on since pre 1999.

2 Likes

Re: Reflections On CBN Lifting Of Import Ban by mrvitalis(m): 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2023
Godfullsam:

Pls don't pollute this thread.

You can see no one has mentioned any party, candidate or individual in this thread before you came.

The challenges of the economy has been on since pre 1999.

How can you remove fiscal policy from a political party......

And please Nigeria haven't been in this type of situation APC put Nigeria in... We have never the last time it happened was the 1980s

Some of you are just plain wicked

Given the chance you would still justify voting for the same people again

Now u want to discuss situations without people pulling the strings?

1 Like

Re: Reflections On CBN Lifting Of Import Ban by lionshare: 12:46pm On Oct 13, 2023
CBN has no business banning anything in the first place; if the FG wants to improve local production they should prohibit the imports of certain items directly not through the backdoor.

Hopefully, this will close the gap and bring about stability which is what the economy needs to drive growth.

2 Likes

Re: Reflections On CBN Lifting Of Import Ban by Kayyy: 1:41pm On Oct 13, 2023
garfield1:

Why must you push this back to politics? Tinubu is more popular than obi

I don't understand what the bolded as to do with the body of discussion other than vague personal assurance to the poster, who made any of the other 2 popular candidates? How popular were they that they lost the elections? And lastly how would popularity enforce economic policies This is becoming insane

1 Like

Re: Reflections On CBN Lifting Of Import Ban by henidord3: 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2023
Good and bad πŸ˜” tinubu doing try and error with Nigeria 😁😁😁🫣
Re: Reflections On CBN Lifting Of Import Ban by Gilgil: 4:04pm On Oct 13, 2023
Are you for real? Which plan worked?
Who is in control of the borders?
Who is responsible for prosecuting smugglers?
Who is in charge of the fiscal system?
Isn’t it the same government?

Excuses do not bring progress. We don’t progress because of citizens standing in for poor performance like you are doing

CodeTemplar:
You guys are so confused by economics, you contradict yourselves.

The plan to reduce dollar demand worked as expected but not to the extent anticipated because smugglers still needed the dollar to buy and bring to the borders before smuggling in. That alone reduced the effectiveness of the exercise but is no fault of the economic team or CBN.

The saboteurs who allowed smuggling in borders are to blame. The weak fiscal system that allowed dollars at lower I&E rates back in the hands of smugglers is.

1 Like

Re: Reflections On CBN Lifting Of Import Ban by pat077: 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2023
Paraman:
The marketers who smuggle banned goods into Nigeria are getting dollar from the black market, they will leave the black market and get dollar from the official window now so I don't think there will be much pressure on the naira.

does the I&E window have enough liquidity to meet all the demands?
Re: Reflections On CBN Lifting Of Import Ban by Paraman: 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2023
pat077:
does the I&E window have enough liquidity to meet all the demands?
We will know in few days
Re: Reflections On CBN Lifting Of Import Ban by Blake755: 11:55pm On Oct 13, 2023
Whiteangel1234:

I import Clothes Textiles
Hello boss am interested in importing textiles can you put me through

(1) (2) (Reply)

The New Sultan Of Sokoto / How Peter Odili Stole #100 Billion Naira. / 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.