Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:20 AM

Colour Green On National Flags: Africa Leads! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Colour Green On National Flags: Africa Leads! (150 Views)

Advocacy Group - Gurubase Africa Leads Campaign Against Drug Usage & Abuse / Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results / University Of Abuja Holds Colour Pop Carnival Activation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Colour Green On National Flags: Africa Leads! by McLizbae: 12:01pm On Oct 13, 2023
I believe colour green in national flags simply or mostly means that the countries reveres God's green earth๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒด๐ŸŒด๐ŸŒณ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’š, and the serenity of the natural environment separated from the built environment and the constant anthropogenic activities (construction, exploration, and advancement in Industrialization and urbanization).

So, I did this little research with some spare time and generated data on the number/percentage of national flags with colour green (of any shade or touch) on the six major continents on the globe. Well, I said six because up till now, I still believe that Antarctica belongs to everybody and also to nobody๐Ÿ˜Š.

My data goes:

Africa have 41 countries with colour green on the national flag out of 54 countries (75%).

South America have 5 countries with colour green on the national flag out of 12 countries (41.67%).

Asia have 20 countries with colour green on the national flag out of 51 countries (39%).

North America have 7 countries with colour green on the national flag out of 23 countries (30.43%).

Europe have just 9 countries with colour green on the national flag out of 48 countries (18.75%).

Australia and Oceania have 2 countries with colour green on the national flag out of 14 countries (14.29%).

So, Africa leads! However I am not sure if this should be celebrated or worry about. Because as much as colour green can be regarded as pro-nature, it may also be stamping retro-development.

Mods, please let's get wide opinion on this.

Re: Colour Green On National Flags: Africa Leads! by McLizbae: 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2023
Update!
According to a recent CNN report, a UAE company (Blue Carbon) has acquired a land mass which is almost the size of the UK, across nations in Africa.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/22/climate/uae-cop28-adnoc-fossil-fuels-expansion-climate-intl/index.html

You may ask what the company will be doing with such a large mass of land?

They are preserving it as forest forever! And Yes! They are keeping that mass of land across Africa out of any form of future development! In the ingenious reason, it will remain a green zone to prevent or surmount global warning๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ.

So, while the industries, urbanization, and advancements keep evolving in other parts of the world, Africa has been Institutionally arrested to stay green and largely untouched and naturally premier forever! ๐Ÿ˜‚.

(1) (Reply)

CIPD Assignment Help 5HR02 | Your Guide To Success / Sponsor A Student For Jamb 2024 / Fedpoly Offa Rector Tells Graduates To Utilise Knowledge To Develop Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.