Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush (1413 Views)

117th Posthumous Birthday Of Joseph Ayo Babalola Is Today / Joseph Ayo Babalola's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Collins: My Visit To Ayo Babalola Prayer Mountain At Ikeji Arakeji (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:
There's no similarity whatsoever between the claims and that of Mohammed. While these claims of Babalola has thousands of living witnesses, Mohammed didn't have a single 1. Name one single witness of Mohammed, case close.
2. You can verify the existence of the evil forest. It's not far away from the palace. What you cannot verify is the evil that once existed there, since it has been eradicated but eyewitness accounts can tell you the before and after truths of the bush. You'll be able to verify several other facts by examining different accounts of witnesses and looking for loopholes. You confirmed that you are high by not being able to read and understand simple English until a more kindergarten explanation is provided to you.
4. There's a church where that bush once stood. Your warped thinking cannot erase the history of that place. It's part of Efon Alaye history for a reason.
You gave him witnesses, so quit dancing around the place. undecided
FxMasterz:
1. There's proof that Mohammed indeed copied from the Bible, the Book of Barnabas and a few other books including Serbian mythologies. TenQ has a fresh thread on how Mohammed literally copied the words of Jesus. Mohammed's contemporaries were right.

Anyways, today is Saturday. And this back and forth with it is pretty much boring at this point. When you have real evidence to prove this what amounts to tales by moonlight, apart from the retelling of the tale ofcourse, let me know. undecided
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You gave him witnesses, so quit dancing around the place. undecided
Anyways, today is Saturday. And this back and forth with it is pretty much boring at this point. When you have real evidence to prove this what amounts to tales by moonlight, apart from the retelling of the tale ofcourse, let me know. undecided

You can go and tell the Efon Alaye king to his face that he lied about his grandpa. I was the one who provided the king as witness too. Meanwhile, you read about his confession from a Punch Newspaper link I posted yesterday. The king was interviewed by one of Punch's investigative journalists. I was the one who created that too? You're a clown.

Better provide Mohammed's witness fast. Semi atheist posing as a Christian.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:
■ You can go and tell the Efon Alaye king to his face that he lied about his grandpa. I was the one who provided the king as witness too. Meanwhile, you read about his confession from a Punch Newspaper link I posted yesterday. The king was interviewed by one of Punch's investigative journalists. I was the one who created that too? You're a clown.

Better provide Mohammed's witness fast. Semi atheist posing as a Christian.
Me? A Christian? How can I be a part of a movement that makes a joke of God every chance they get like with this thread? Go get your head checked. undecided
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by MightySparrow: 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2023
Caveatemptor:

There is a lot of hear say in that story narrated by the present day king about his grand father. He was not a witness to the myths and fables he was narrating.
That story can not stand the test of any rational scrutiny.

This is not a hear say. The said king made a human sacrifice and later taken away by the English rulers of that time and was sentenced to death.
However, history is not a honest messanger. Along the line, so many variants may have entered. I am from that area, I heard the story from my parents more than four decades ago with names and dates.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 4:38pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

The town in question is Efon Alaye in Ekiti state. The person who gave the forbidden bush to Babalola was the grandfather of the current king of Efon Alaye. The forbidden bush was called Igbo Ariwo. The year was 1930.

Read what the current king of Efon Alaye had to say about this matter here:
https://tribuneonlineng.com/why-my-grandfather-gave-apostle-babalola-of-cac-the-forbidden-forest-igbo-aiwo-for-his-first-revival-alaaye-of-efon-oba-aladejare/

I read that part of the article and there is no noise of hidden people or giant snake mentioned. So the tale RiyadhGoddess told is just adding salt and pepper to what really transpired to make it seems more miraculous when it is quite possibly just as mundane as any other forest clearing.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by Caveatemptor(m): 4:46pm On Oct 14, 2023
[quote author=MightySparrow post=126400760]

This is not a hear say. The said king made a human sacrifice and later taken away by the English rulers of that time and was sentenced to death.
However, history is not a honest messanger. Along the line, so many variants may have entered. I am from that area, Iheard the story from my parents more than four decades ago with names and date/quote]

------------------------------------------‐-------

You heard the story 40 years ago and you are saying it is not HEAR SAY??
Man, get real.

Religion allows random people to make spurious unsubstantiated claims without any scintilla of rationality!

You claim the story is not hearsay and immediately tell me it is hearsay from your parents 40 years ago and 40 years later here is YOU spreading the same hearsay.
Like I said that is how myths get started . You will probably spread the same myth to your children and the beat goes on....
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 6:47pm On Oct 14, 2023
LordReed:

I read that part of the article and there is no noise of hidden people or giant snake mentioned. So the tale RiyadhGoddess told is just adding salt and pepper to what really transpired to make it seems more miraculous when it is quite possibly just as mundane as any other forest clearing.

The investigation was not particularly about the event. You cannot expect the king to provide details of things he was never asked. His allusion to it and the result that followed is proof that it happened. Or why did his idol worshipping grandfather abandon his gods, became a Christian and changed his name to Solomon? He confirmed that his grandfather gave Babalola the forbidden forest and then explained why he did so? Didn't he? You can now take a journey to Efon Alaye and ask him why the forest was called 'Forbidden.'
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FRANCISTOWN: 6:47pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

The town in question is Efon Alaye in Ekiti state. The person who gave the forbidden bush to Babalola was the grandfather of the current king of Efon Alaye. The forbidden bush was called Igbo Ariwo. The year was 1930.

Read what the current king of Efon Alaye had to say about this matter here:
https://tribuneonlineng.com/why-my-grandfather-gave-apostle-babalola-of-cac-the-forbidden-forest-igbo-aiwo-for-his-first-revival-alaaye-of-efon-oba-aladejare/

I can't help but wonder. Many people on this NL behave like they were home schooled by rats.
I mean man! The incongruities and the inconsistencies in the two different versions of the stories are just too much.
Firstly, I can never believe such story, regardless of whoever narrated it.
One moment it was Babalola who ventured into the town and approached the king.
The next moment it was the king who heard about Babalola and invited him

One moment it was an evil king who surrendered a possessed land to Babalola. Babalola went with his team.

Another moment, the king was kind and went with Babalola who was only with his bible and bell.

What kind of nonsense is this?
This happened 93years ago.
These stories were orally passed down because I'm sure no one who was mature enough to understand what happened then would still be alive by now, even if? Memory must be failing them.

We all know any story which is orally transferred from one generation to another is highly prune to additions and subtractions.

Again and again, y'all have come with your amusing fables. Huh?

1 Like

Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Me? A Christian? How can I be a part of a movement that makes a joke of God every chance they get like with this thread? Go get your head checked. undecided

Christianity isn't a movement. It means a follower of Christ. What you actually mean is that you're not a follower of Christ, and that's true.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

I can't help but wonder. Many people on this NL behave like they were home schooled by rats.
I mean man! The incongruities and the inconsistencies in the two different versions of the stories are just too much.
Firstly, I can never believe such story, regardless of whoever narrated it.
One moment it was Babalola who ventured into the town and approached the king.
The next moment it was the king who heard about Babalola and invited him

One moment it was an evil king who surrendered a possessed land to Babalola. Babalola went with his team.

Another moment, the king was kind and went with Babalola who was only with his bible and bell.

What kind of nonsense is this?
This happened 93years ago.
These stories were orally passed down because I'm sure no one who was mature enough to understand what happened then would still be alive by now, even if? Memory must be failing them.

We all know any story which is orally transferred from one generation to another is highly prune to additions and subtractions.

Again and again, y'all have come with your amusing fables. Huh?

Very simple.

The king wants to present his grandfather well to the public. So, you expect him to confirm to the public that his grandfather was indeed evil and that he deliberately gave Babalola the forbidden forest? Haba!
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 7:12pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

The investigation was not particularly about the event. You cannot expect the king to provide details of things he was never asked. His allusion to it and the result that followed is proof that it happened. Or why did his idol worshipping grandfather abandon his gods, became a Christian and changed his name to Solomon? He confirmed that his grandfather gave Babalola the forbidden forest and then explained why he did so? Didn't he? You can now take a journey to Efon Alaye and ask him why the forest was called 'Forbidden.'

How you people end up arguing with the very evidence you produce is so hilarious. Now the excuse is it didn't investigate that aspect. Tell me what the reporter was supposed to ask when the alaaye himself recounted the tale without any supernatural shenanigans? The reporter should have asked him what miracle happened? LoLz.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

Very simple.

The king wants to present his grandfather well to the public. So, you expect him to confirm to the public that his grandfather was indeed evil and that he deliberately gave Babalola the forbidden forest? Haba!

Bwahahahahaha! This guy you are piece of work I swear. You know how to twist and turn the very evidence you present so it is saying what it doesn't say. So we should believe you more than the very evidence you presented? LMFAO!
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2023
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! This guy you are piece of work I swear. You know how to twist and turn the very evidence you present so it is saying what it doesn't say. So we should believe you more than the very evidence you presented? LMFAO!

Go and argue with the Oba. Or go tell Tribune they published a false story. Screenshot below:

Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2023
LordReed:

How you people end up arguing with the very evidence you produce is so hilarious. Now the excuse is it didn't investigate that aspect. Tell me what the reporter was supposed to ask when the alaaye himself recounted the tale without any supernatural shenanigans? The reporter should have asked him what miracle happened? LoLz.

Go and read again. Scour the net for more facts about Babalola. Visit concerned Locations. Verify things yourself. Don't hide behind the phone to be churning out just anything your brains can conjure.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

Go and read again. Scour the net for more facts about Babalola. Visit concerned Locations. Verify things yourself. Don't hide behind the phone to be churning out just anything your brains can conjure.

Oga na you bring am come as evidence na you come dey argue against am too. LoLz.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2023
LordReed:

Oga na you bring am come as evidence na you come dey argue against am too. LoLz.

How I come argue against am? Oya prove.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

Go and argue with the Oba. Or go tell Tribune they published a false story. Screenshot below:
FxMasterz:

How I come argue against am? Oya prove.

We are not arguing with the alaaye, it's you who is claiming he doctored the tale to put his grandfather in favorable light. LoLz.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2023
LordReed:

We are not arguing with the alaaye, it's you who is claiming he doctored the tale to put his grandfather in favorable light. LoLz.

No. You were using the Oba's version of the story relating to the role his grandpa played as proof that the entire story was not true. And I asked you if you expected the Oba to present his grandpa in bad light as the true story relates the matter?

The oba confirmed that the story was true, and quickly used the opportunity to redeem his grandpa's image.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

No. You were using the Oba's version of the story relating to the role his grandpa played as proof that the entire story was not true. And I asked you if you expected the Oba to present his grandpa in bad light as the true story relates the matter?

Then why did you bring the article as evidence if you have all these problems with it?
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2023
LordReed:

Then why did you bring the article as evidence if you have all these problems with it?

I modified my last comment. I have no problem with the article because I understand what happened.

The oba confirmed that the story was true, then he quickly used the opportunity to redeem his grandpa's image.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

I modified my last comment. I have no problem with the article because I understand what happened.

The oba confirmed that the story was true, then he quickly used the opportunity to redeem his grandpa's image.

LMAO! The alaaye did no such thing since he does not mention snake or running invisible people. Also your attempt to castigate the alaaye's motivation is just pathetic. How can you be offering the story as both correct and wrong at the same time?
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 8:11pm On Oct 14, 2023
LordReed:

LMAO! The alaaye did no such thing since he does not mention snake or running invisible people. Also your attempt to castigate the alaaye's motivation is just pathetic. How can you be offering the story as both correct and wrong at the same time?

The Alààyè is aware of the true story. The story by Riyahdgoddess is all over the place. It's the same everywhere. Check the net. It was an allusion to the story which needed no further retelling that the Alààyè said 'It was a true story.' Check out the story online. It's a common story. The investigator and the Alààyè knew what they wete both talking about when the Alààyè said 'the story is true ' He now went ahead to recast the the portion of the story which had to do with his grandfather.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 8:16pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

The Alààyè is aware of the true story. The story by Riyahdgoddess is all over the place. It's the same everywhere. Check the net. It was an allusion to the story which needed no further retelling that the Alààyè said 'It was a true story.' Check out the story online. It's a common story. The investigator and the Alààyè knew what they wete both talking about when the Alààyè said 'the story is true ' He now went ahead to recast the the portion of the story which had to do with his grandfather.

Then post where he recounts the 'true' story instead of casting aspersions on the very evidence you presented. Are we supposed to read the minds of the alaaye and the reporter to know what they thought?
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

I quote the article:

It was said that the Alaaye then had wanted to know who was preaching with the name: Olorun Alaaye. How true was this encounter?

It is a true story.

The reporter doesn't say anything about snake and invisible people and the alaaye's response was to the question the reporter posed. Stop adding details that are not there.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2023
LordReed:

Then post where he recounts the 'true' story instead of casting aspersions on the very evidence you presented. Are we supposed to read the minds of the alaaye and the reporter to know what they thought?

I cast no aspersion on the evidence I presented. I only explained why the said disparity about the king's grandpa was present in the king's narration.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

I cast no aspersion on the evidence I presented. I only explained why the said disparity about the king's grandpa was present in the king's narration.

That is what casting aspersions means.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 8:25pm On Oct 14, 2023
LordReed:

That is what casting aspersions means.
You don't seem to understand what it means to cast aspersions, do you?

You're the one who cast aspersions on the story saying that there's disparity between what the story said about the King's grandfather and what the circulating story says about the same person. Then, I explained why it was so.

See the meaning of casting aspersions as attached.

Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

You don't seem to understand what it means to cast aspersions, do you?

You're the one who cast aspersions on the story saying that there's disparity between what the story said about the King's grandfather and what the circulating story says about the same person. Then, I explained why it was so.

See the meaning of casting aspersions as attached.

You are slandering the alaaye and saying he twisted the tale to put his grandfather in a good light. Meanwhile I have expressed nothing against the article, you offered it as support for RiyadhGoddess' tale which of course they don't match so how is it an aspersion to say the stories don't match?
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 8:50pm On Oct 14, 2023
LordReed:

You are slandering the alaaye and saying he twisted the tale to put his grandfather in a good light. Meanwhile I have expressed nothing against the article, you offered it as support for RiyadhGoddess' tale which of course they don't match so how is it an aspersion to say the stories don't match?
My response regarding what the Alààyè said was to your reference made to the disparity between the Alaaye's account of his grandfather and the general account as a point to conclude that the entire story was false. That's the only new twist to the story apart from what is commonly known of the event. It was this new twist that caused the mismatch, and I provided an answer for that. What might have looked like an aspersion was on the Alààyè and not on the story: by saying he repainted his father's image in the story (which isn't a bad thing to do). I never even said his version concerning his grandfather was false (where then is the aspersion?), I wasn't there. His version might be true while the general version might be the notion of the people that lived at the time of the event, since the king at the time might likely not give an explanation to the general public as to why he directed Babalola to the evil forest. The current king might be trying to set the records straight about his grand dad. I never cast aspersions on him or slander him. It's your personal interpretation.

By criticising the story and saying it's false, citing that mismatch, you cast aspersions on the story.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 9:31pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

My response regarding what the Alààyè said was to a fellow here who used the disparity between the Alaaye's account of his father and the general account as a point to conclude that the entire story was false. That's the only new twist to the story apart from what is commonly known of the event. It was this new twist that caused the mismatch, and I provided an answer for that. What might have looked like an aspersion was on the Alààyè and not on the story: by saying he repainted his father's image in the story (which isn't a bad thing to do). I never even said his version concerning his grandfather was false, I wasn't there. His version might be true while the general version might be the notion of the people that lived at the time of the event, since the king at the time might likely not give an explanation as to why he directed Babalola to the evil forest.

By criticising the story and saying it's false, citing that mismatch, you cast aspersions on the story.

Dude you said he was trying to paint his grandfather in a good light, that is slanderous anyway you try to paint it.

Quote where I said the story is false.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by FxMasterz: 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2023
LordReed:

Dude you said he was trying to paint his grandfather in a good light, that is slanderous anyway you try to paint it.

Quote where I said the story is false.

If you're not of the opinion that the story is false, what are we arguing about?

Saying he was trying to paint his grandfather in good light is not slanderous. I never said his efforts were deceptive. Where is the slander? The former king may not offer the general public an explanation as to why he directed Babalola to the evil forest. Hence, while the public holds the opinion till today that the former king did it in sheer wickedness, the current king who's the grandson of the king in question might be setting the records straight in order to redeem the bad image of his grandpa in the story. Whatever you made of what I said about the king is your own personal interpretation.
Re: The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush by LordReed(m): 9:51pm On Oct 14, 2023
FxMasterz:

If you're not of the opinion that the story is false, what are we arguing about?

Saying he was trying to paint his grandfather in good light is not slanderous. I never said his efforts were deceptive. Where is the slander? The former king may not offer the general public an explanation as to why he directed Babalola to the evil forest. Hence, while the public holds the opinion till today that the former king did it in sheer wickedness, the current king who's the grandson of the king in question might be setting the records straight in order to redeem the bad image of his grandpa in the story. Whatever you made of what I said about the king is your own personal interpretation.

You are the one arguing. I stated quite clearly that your evidence does not mention snake or invisible people.

LoLz. You brought evidence and are the one casting aspersions on the evidence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did You Experience The "rain Experience 2008"? / Theory Of Evolution / Guarding Our Faith Exposing False Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.