Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,849 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti (19862 Views)

Pep Guardiola Asked Where Lionel Messi Was In Man City's Dressing Room - Nasri / Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him / The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Almiron: 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2023
Lionel Messi has been informed that he is the winner of the 2023 Ballon d'Or according to family friend Alessandro Dossetti.

The 2022 FIFA World Cup winner has been widely tipped to win his eighth Ballon d'Or on October 30. It appears that he may have been told that he has won the award by a close friend.

Dossetti has made the claim which means Messi will have beaten Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappe to the award. They said (via AlbicelesteTalk):

Lionel Messi was told today that he is the winner of Ballon d’Or 2023.”

The 36-year-old comes off an incredible time that saw him finally win the World Cup. The Argentine icon did so in style, bagging seven goals and three assists in seven games. He also picked up the Golden Ball award for his performances in Qatar.

Meanwhile, Lionel Messi was also in scintillating form for Paris Saint-Germain. He bagged 21 goals and 20 assists in 41 games across competitions, winning his second Ligue 1 title.

The seven-time Ballon d'Or winner's closest rival this year appeared to be Manchester City superstar Haaland. The Norweigan has been in sensational form since moving to the Etihad in the summer of 2022. He finished as top scorer in the Premier League (36 goals in 35 games) and UEFA Champions League (12 in 11).

Haaland was vital as the Cityzens won the continental treble but he seems that he has missed out on the Ballon d'Or to Lionel Messi.

Lionel Messi reached the pinnacle of international football by captaining Argentina to the World Cup last year. It was a memorable moment for the 36-year-old and one that many believe has cemented him as the greatest player in history.

Thus, many have backed him to pick up a record eighth Ballon d'Or this year. He previously won the award in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2019, and 2021.

However, Messi claimed that at this stage of his career, winning team accolades was more significant for him. He said:

"Does Ballon d’Or matter to me? No, at this stage in my life, it is no longer important to me. I’ve always said, the individual prizes are not what matters to me, but the collective ones are the most important to me."
Messi continued by insisting that the most important achievement for him was winning the World Cup:

"The most important prize at the moment is the World Cup. This is the greatest prize for me."

The Inter Miami superstar currently holds the record of winning the most Ballons d'Or. He's three ahead of longtime rival Cristiano Ronaldo who has won five.

SOURCE

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Almiron: 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2023
Nah only Penadogs this news go surprise cos dem don dey wannnk ontop haaaland matter for a while now. I told y’all una go cry blood this month again. I’m not surprised cos I know Leo don win his 8th ballon since we don lift the World Cup last December. Y’all penadogs can start crying in advance. We love ya tears 😂😂😂

See y’all in Paris, later this month ✌️

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by wittywriter: 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2023
GOAT!

Wittyness.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Ezehillary(m): 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2023
Thats why we call him fifa boy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by OJEEMAH(m): 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2023
Ezehillary:
Thats why we call him fifa boy
when FIFA start to give Balon D’or🤷‍♂️

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by adebayo987: 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2023
This time he actually deserves it and there's absolutely no argument about it.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Unity273: 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2023
The actual G.O.A.T

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by drips8(m): 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2023
Well... he deserves the award

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Judolisco(m): 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2023
Messi deserves it he made a lot of people happy and sad that night he won d world Cup... U had to hear d noise in Suleja town dat night... Twas a day I'll never forget......
Lionel otaobayomi Messi....
Greatest to ever play the game

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2023
Messi have edge compare to other major contenders. His world cup win make him most favored.

Hope Obembet & co will celebrate with Messi once this come to fruition.

Stand up for the Champion

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by eliwa47(m): 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2023
Good for him!
Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by VaginaAcademic: 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2023
Another sam klef family member

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by allen113: 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2023
Na true say Iran wan lash Ronaldo 99 strokes? grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by haybhi1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2023
He's earned it. Can anyone come forth to disprove the veracity of that claim?

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Tecnophone: 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2023
and that would be the last of his dubious awards, after this, it's game over.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Nigeriagood(m): 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2023
Remember that Ronaldo is the only ballon dor winner who won without lifting a trophy in 2013,Messi is the goat 🐐

15 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by smokinloud(m): 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2023
adebayo987:
This time he actually deserves it and there's absolutely no argument about it.
How does he deserve it?
He has achieved almost nothing in football this year... remember the world cup doesn't count here cos it's last year...

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Nigeriagood(m): 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2023
Tecnophone:
and that would be the last of his dubious awards, after this, it's game over.
chai both dubious or non dubious penaldog no get grin

12 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by TheSuperX(m): 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2023
Congrats in advance my Idolo 🙌🏽

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Goalnaldo(m): 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2023
The little man from Rosario smiley He deserves this one.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Nigeriagood(m): 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2023
smokinloud:

How does he deserve it?
He has achieved almost nothing in football this year... remember the world cup doesn't count here cos it's last year...
you truly smoke loud

23 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by osazsky(m): 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2023
allen113:
Na true say Iran wan lash Ronaldo 99 strokes? grin
it's Tru he is already preparing his yantchh for d latches .he was caught kissing a virgin in Iran .I always tell people,if u can't bear the pain don't do d crime

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Nigeriagood(m): 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2023
EXPRESSX:
Dey play, how did he deserve it ?
world cup says hello, golden boot says hello,Ligue a says hello 41 goal contribution for 41 matches says hello 🤗

12 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2023
Almiron:
Lionel Messi has been informed that he is the winner of the 2023 Ballon d'Or according to family friend Alessandro Dossetti.

The 2022 FIFA World Cup winner has been widely tipped to win his eighth Ballon d'Or on October 30. It appears that he may have been told that he has won the award by a close friend.

Dossetti has made the claim which means Messi will have beaten Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappe to the award. They said (via AlbicelesteTalk):

Lionel Messi was told today that he is the winner of Ballon d’Or 2023.”

The 36-year-old comes off an incredible time that saw him finally win the World Cup. The Argentine icon did so in style, bagging seven goals and three assists in seven games. He also picked up the Golden Ball award for his performances in Qatar.

Meanwhile, Lionel Messi was also in scintillating form for Paris Saint-Germain. He bagged 21 goals and 20 assists in 41 games across competitions, winning his second Ligue 1 title.

The seven-time Ballon d'Or winner's closest rival this year appeared to be Manchester City superstar Haaland. The Norweigan has been in sensational form since moving to the Etihad in the summer of 2022. He finished as top scorer in the Premier League (36 goals in 35 games) and UEFA Champions League (12 in 11).

Haaland was vital as the Cityzens won the continental treble but he seems that he has missed out on the Ballon d'Or to Lionel Messi.

Lionel Messi reached the pinnacle of international football by captaining Argentina to the World Cup last year. It was a memorable moment for the 36-year-old and one that many believe has cemented him as the greatest player in history.

Thus, many have backed him to pick up a record eighth Ballon d'Or this year. He previously won the award in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2019, and 2021.

However, Messi claimed that at this stage of his career, winning team accolades was more significant for him. He said:

"Does Ballon d’Or matter to me? No, at this stage in my life, it is no longer important to me. I’ve always said, the individual prizes are not what matters to me, but the collective ones are the most important to me."
Messi continued by insisting that the most important achievement for him was winning the World Cup:

"The most important prize at the moment is the World Cup. This is the greatest prize for me."

The Inter Miami superstar currently holds the record of winning the most Ballons d'Or. He's three ahead of longtime rival Cristiano Ronaldo who has won five.

SOURCE
Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Nigeriagood(m): 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2023
osazsky:
it's Tru he is already preparing his yantchh for d latches .he was caught kissing a virgin in Iran .I always tell people,if u can't bear the pain don't do d crime
bruh cheesy he hugged a woman in wheel chair,if he steps in Iranian soil he will receive 99 lashes

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Sonnobax15(m): 8:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
lipsrsealed
Messi don go use USD take bribe officials just to win am again angry

If to say Ororo no choose to go into farming for Saudi Arabia,he for get upper hand Small undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti by Tecnophone: 8:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
is that why you are bleating? Dwarf footstool.
Nigeriagood:
chai both dubious or non dubious penaldog no get grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say / Chelsea Are Looking Unstoppable But Can Still Miss Out On Next Season's UCL / "If You Feel Pressure, Stay At Home" - Jose Mourinho To Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.