Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded (2494 Views)

I Just Got Defrauded / How I Got Defrauded By Godstime Sewing Machine Ltd / Yahoo Boy Who Defrauded Swizz Woman On ‘Badoo’, Arrested. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by Talk2david1(m): 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2023
Guys please help, My brother registered on this platform https://fellow.3mtt.training/ not knowing it was created by scammers and inputted his BVN as part of the registration. Few minutes later his fidelity and gt Bank accounts were wiped empty with over 200k gone. Please how can the scammer's account be blocked before the funds are transferred to other accounts as this is weekend and Nigerian banks don't open on weekends.
Matured responses only please, thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by iwriteall: 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2023
Nobody can remove money from your account with just your bvn ask your brother the information he gave them

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by Balablue64: 8:40pm On Oct 14, 2023
Mugu must fall for guyman to eat na normal thing, mek ur broda forget the money otilor the sharp guy will cook better soup with meat and better oporoko fish this night

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by proff010: 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2023
Scammers can't use only his bvn, he provided other info.

13 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by MatrixReloaded: 8:46pm On Oct 14, 2023
Bvn is like a NIN which is used to recognized your linked accounts. That been said, they can use his bvn to obtain loan from loan sharks, and possibly linked those accounts with funds and the repayment was swift thereby repaying it through these means. Ask him very well to find out what other information he input during the registration process but the link isn't necessary as it can be misleading

7 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 14, 2023
He must have given then all the codes that was sent to him.

Or infact the code to his account

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by Mozino007(m): 8:52pm On Oct 14, 2023
I suspect you op!

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by princeabdul(m): 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2023
Balablue64:
Mugu must fall for guyman to eat na normal thing, mek ur broda forget the money otilor the sharp guy will cook better soup with meat and better oporoko fish this night
what a s*lly thing to say dimwit

8 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by Ceasarceasar: 10:42pm On Oct 14, 2023
Balablue64:

Shut up abeg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by NaijaCover(m): 12:08am On Oct 15, 2023
Master Of BAD NEWS, Is HERE

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by CloudTrees(f): 2:04am On Oct 15, 2023
iwriteall:
Nobody can remove money from your account with just your bvn
ask your brother the information he gave them

I clicked on the link and checked the website.
I see that other information are requested from the site.
The scammers Even cloned NITDA profile

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by Hideaki: 9:08am On Oct 15, 2023
People need severe cybersec education in this abomination called nigeria

Anyone that'll do this has cashed out big dough
Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by abbasajao(m): 9:37am On Oct 15, 2023
iwriteall:
Nobody can remove money from your account with just your bvn
ask your brother the information he gave them
You are absolutely correct.
Card details and/ or OTP must have been con promised

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by Ezmans: 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2023
proff010:
Scammers can't use only his bvn, he provided other info.
like what again
Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by Premiumbuy(m): 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2023
Premium Be Unto You
next time your brother will learn to make his due diligence, abi what do i know.
Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by seunlayi(m): 7:58pm On Oct 15, 2023
Talk2david1:
Guys please help, My brother registered on this platform https://fellow.3mtt.training/ not knowing it was created by scammers and inputted his BVN as part of the registration. Few minutes later his fidelity and gt Bank accounts were wiped empty with over 200k gone. Please how can the scammer's account be blocked before the funds are transferred to other accounts as this is weekend and Nigerian banks don't open on weekends.
OP, you collect COVID loan, that is been deducted

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Just Got Defrauded by Obierika(m): 4:19am On Oct 16, 2023
Talk2david1:

I don't think it was only BVN that you brother sent to them, he probably also sent them a code or OTP and probably clicked a link also.

Before you can think of blocking the account you must first even unmask the account that was used for the fraud

(1) (Reply)

We Will Die For Nnamdi Kanu - Slain ESN Commander ESN (video) / Footage Of Battle Ready Troops Of Nigerian Army Building Their Confidence/morale / 3 Lesbians Cut Having Sex With A Candle Stick (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.