Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money (2397 Views)

Thief Caught 8 Months After He Stole Phone & Withdrew N500K From Victim Account / POS Operator Receives Fake Bundles Of Money From A Customer / How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2023
How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money

A Nigerian Man identified as Onyenma Ugochukwu has narrated how all the money in his account was wiped off by a POS Operator.

In post he shared narrating what happened, Mr Ugochukwu said the POS/Yahoo boy withdrew a substantial amount of money from his account after he patronized him.

According to him, "I pretended I didn't suspect he was the one until I called on the security agency who located where we were and ordered him to get himself into one of the vehicles they came with”

“At their office I saw the same ATM I withdrew money from in this boy's photo gallery. He snapped my ATM front and back and possibly monitored when I put my pin”

“Alerts from gold shops in Lagos, Abuja, phc and other places were just dragging space to enter my phone. At this point Nigeria to me looks like Ghana. I cleared my eyes to know if it was real”

“I kindly asked the young man he got my pin he saw when I punched first two different numbers and second same number even though he doesn't know the numbers but the position of the keys where I punched helped him guess right”

“This boy no even pity me. As I speak na Ñ2900 remain for that my account. The boy get mind buy many things wey I no get with my money”

“He is currently pleading that I give him time to receive all those item he bought online with my money and give them to me as repayment for all my money he stole fro my bank account”, Onyenma Ugochukwu said.

Source : https://9newsng.com/how-pos-operator-withdrew-all-my-money/

1 Like

Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by richie240: 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2023
Solly nwokem.
Next time don't withdraw cash with the atm that has much money.

As a rule, whenever I want to withdraw, I first transfer the exact amount (or slightly more than what) I want to withdraw from my 'main' access account to my 'backup' UBA ATM via USSD.

As pos operator, If u like dub am, nothing for you.
I use it only when I want to make withdrawals. That main ATM card ehn, e nor dey commot for house!
cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by Artiiclebeast: 10:11pm On Oct 14, 2023
Criminally-minded citizens will always promote and select the most brazen and evil-best among them at crime to lead them.

It is only natural..

1 Like

Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by Treasure17(m): 10:50pm On Oct 14, 2023
And what were you doing when he was snapping the card? Or you were distracted by breast and big bumbum? You have to be very smart and calculative when dealing with Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by MissWords: 12:13am On Oct 15, 2023
Just know say na Nigeria we dey
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by Juliearth(f): 4:16am On Oct 15, 2023
richie240:
Solly nwokem.

As a rule, whenever I want to withdraw, I first transfer the exact amount (or slightly more than what) I want to withdraw from my 'main' access account to my 'backup' UBA ATM via USSD.

I use it only when I want to make withdrawals. That main ATM card ehn, e nor dey commot for house!
cool

If you have USSD enabled in your main account, you are tripping. Your surest bet us to freeze that account. With ussd enabled, hackers can still milk you dry, albeit not through pos operations.

Freeze your capital account and withdraw recurrent expenditure monthly or weekly via the counter and save in your recurrent account.

1 Like

Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by HandsomeHITLER(m): 4:44am On Oct 15, 2023
But whatever happened to OTP? Or am I missing something here?

3 Likes

Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by richie240: 5:25am On Oct 15, 2023
Juliearth:

If you have USSD enabled in your main account, you are tripping. Your surest bet us to freeze that account. With ussd enabled, hackers can still milk you dry, albeit not through pos operations.

Freeze your capital account and withdraw recurrent expenditure monthly or weekly via the counter and save in your recurrent account.

I have separate phone lines linked to both accounts; and d MTN line linked to my main account too nor dey commot for house.
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by Puss360(f): 5:35am On Oct 15, 2023
Sorry... But in cases like this I usually blame the victim...
I mean, where were you when he was taking photos of your ATM card?
Did you cover your hand while pressing your pin?
You see all these "I don't care" behaviour, now wey the matter for heavy, you are now focused... before why weren't you focused?

Sorry...
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by talented321: 6:36am On Oct 15, 2023
If you looseguard, you go explain tire but no evidence..
Niggas once said'' suffering are lessons to those who want to learn.. learn from mistakes..

1 Like

Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by OlujobaSamuel: 6:41am On Oct 15, 2023
Hmmmmm, where were you when he was snapping the card
I run a POS business, and I tell my operators to ensure the terminal is always visible to the customer during transactions.
Do you use your card steadily for online transactions? If not, your bank would have blocked the card with such multiple online transactions when there is no OTP
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by Saao(m): 6:45am On Oct 15, 2023
HandsomeHITLER:
But whatever happened to OTP? Or am I missing something here?
most of the online transaction these days don't need opt, just the ATM numbers and pin
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by Lumarstone: 7:19am On Oct 15, 2023
Fraudsters uses many tricks! In most cases it work for them and in some other cases it doesn't work out for them.
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by mu2sa2: 7:49am On Oct 15, 2023
Saao:
most of the online transaction these days don't need opt, just the ATM numbers and pin
Are you sure? These days banks always send otp to the phone number registered with the account or require you generate token.

1 Like

Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by habeebu: 8:28am On Oct 15, 2023
It all Bounce on the type of Payment gateway on certain platforms,
Some international platforms do not require OTP for fund approval
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by Hideaki: 8:52am On Oct 15, 2023
It's for people that have ATM card

As for me , I won't get and I'll never have an ATM card

Instead I'll do transfer to a nearby POS agent and collect my money

If my phone's stolen , I have already keyed it to automatically erase itself and put itself in hard reset( you can't flash the phone) , the phone's useless

My sim is also locked , so premium tears for the thief .
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by Saao(m): 9:10am On Oct 15, 2023
mu2sa2:
Are you sure? These days banks always send otp to the phone number registered with the account or require you generate token.
yes ofcuz, I bought something few days ago using wema MasterCard debit.
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by SleekyP(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2023
smh
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by CedarHoldings: 11:34am On Oct 15, 2023
My advice: if you have huge amount money 💰 in the the bank, never make the mistake of collecting ATM cards that link that account,
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by chynergy1(m): 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2023
richie240:
Solly nwokem.

cool
you get the code....
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by FxMasterz: 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2023
Saao:
yes ofcuz, I bought something few days ago using wema MasterCard debit.

Bro how do you manage to use your Wema MasterCard Debit for international transactions? I have one but it's not working. Please show me the way.
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by Creamypie(m): 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money

A Nigerian Man identified as Onyenma Ugochukwu has narrated how all the money in his account was wiped off by a POS Operator.

In post he shared narrating what happened, Mr Ugochukwu said the POS/Yahoo boy withdrew a substantial amount of money from his account after he patronized him.

According to him, "I pretended I didn't suspect he was the one until I called on the security agency who located where we were and ordered him to get himself into one of the vehicles they came with”

“At their office I saw the same ATM I withdrew money from in this boy's photo gallery. He snapped my ATM front and back and possibly monitored when I put my pin”

“Alerts from gold shops in Lagos, Abuja, phc and other places were just dragging space to enter my phone. At this point Nigeria to me looks like Ghana. I cleared my eyes to know if it was real”

“I kindly asked the young man he got my pin he saw when I punched first two different numbers and second same number even though he doesn't know the numbers but the position of the keys where I punched helped him guess right”

“This boy no even pity me. As I speak na Ñ2900 remain for that my account. The boy get mind buy many things wey I no get with my money”

“He is currently pleading that I give him time to receive all those item he bought online with my money and give them to me as repayment for all my money he stole fro my bank account”, Onyenma Ugochukwu said.

Source : https://9newsng.com/how-pos-operator-withdrew-all-my-money/
how e take snap pics of your ATM?
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by Rucheen(m): 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2023
Hmm!
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by LikeAking: 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2023
Dem one spoil pos biz..

Anybody into POS biz in Naija shud know their days are numbered…
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by LikeAking: 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
Hmmmmm, where were you when he was snapping the card
I run a POS business, and I tell my operators to ensure the terminal is always visible to the customer during transactions.
Do you use your card steadily for online transactions? If not, your bank would have blocked the card with such multiple online transactions when there is no OTP

Are u new to the tech space?
Re: NEW Scam Alert : How POS Operator Withdrew All My Money by OlujobaSamuel: 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2023
LikeAking:

Are u new to the tech space?

I don't understand?
Explain.
Btw, the report said they saw pix of the card on the guy's Gallery, so I don't know what you mean o

(1) (Reply)

Viewer Discretion: 16 Years Old Killed 4 Year Old Because Of 50k / Heartless Mother Stabs Her Child To Death, Dumps Body At A Refuse Site. Graphic / SARS Operatives Seen Learning From Suspected Fraudsters They Arrested (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.