Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Has My Fcmb Account Been Compromized? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Has My Fcmb Account Been Compromized? (385 Views)

2 Hours After Kaduna Worker Received Salary, Fraudster Emptied His FCMB Account / A Lady Just Lost 50k To Scammers On Her Fcmb Account / FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has My Fcmb Account Been Compromized? by Onigawara(m): 1:00am On Oct 15, 2023
I got a msg from Safetoken warning that i should NOT DISCLOSE and that a sum of N500 would be detected from my account using paystack. I should use 24**** as my one time password.... This is less than an hour i withdrew via POS. Im not alarmed unless i have a course to be alarmed. Has my account been compromised? I dont want to believe someone is testing if he would be able to mamsa a large sum from my acc hence going with 500 for a start or to see if it works. Pls someone should explain to me how my account got connected to safetoken. What the hell is it for Christ's sake... And paystack?? *sighs
Re: Has My Fcmb Account Been Compromized? by olamydey(f): 1:17am On Oct 15, 2023
Change your atm pin immediately on a machine or better still Go and hotlist your card in the bank quickly. Better still call your bank customer care line to block the atm cars. You used a compromised POS terminal and they have stolen your details.

2 Likes

Re: Has My Fcmb Account Been Compromized? by Onigawara(m): 1:24am On Oct 15, 2023
olamydey:
Change your atm pin immediately on a machine or better still Go and hotlist your card in the bank quickly. Better still call your bank customer care line to block the atm cars. You used a compromised POS terminal and they have stolen your details.
ill not be able to do a new card if i block the current one untill december break. Only way would be to apply for pass but it wouldnt be granted for the meantime.
Re: Has My Fcmb Account Been Compromized? by olamydey(f): 2:59am On Oct 15, 2023
Go and change your ATM pin. If that is also impossible then u should get ready for spurious debit alerts from your account. angry .The only perk is that if they have set you up on mobile devices with that card already,it will continue to work even without the card.

I doubt this applies in your predicament because they would have required OTP to set up and hacker does not have access to your phone.

Ensure u run from that POS merchant too.
Re: Has My Fcmb Account Been Compromized? by Onigawara(m): 3:53am On Oct 15, 2023
i can assure you even Zeus or Hercules or even Hades will not dare mamsa my money cus they know they will not go free. That guy is very lucky i was travelling back to resume instead of returning. I wouldve just gone there and wheel him to the nearest barracks where ill nearly take his life. The way he would so suffer ba, by the time he limps out that gate people wouldnt even imagine that he stole goat from the market. They would imagine far worse cus life will tire him and gas him out. Meamwhile, i dont really like stress so ill do as you suggested and see if case is solved otherwise ill call customer care and see how they try nd fix it.... Thanks alot @Olamydey
Re: Has My Fcmb Account Been Compromized? by TUANKU(m): 4:55am On Oct 15, 2023
The POS is suspicious.
Re: Has My Fcmb Account Been Compromized? by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 15, 2023
Onigawara:
I got a msg from Safetoken warning that i should NOT DISCLOSE and that a sum of N500 would be detected from my account using paystack. I should use 24**** as my one time password.... This is less than an hour i withdrew via POS. Im not alarmed unless i have a course to be alarmed. Has my account been compromised? I dont want to believe someone is testing if he would be able to mamsa a large sum from my acc hence going with 500 for a start or to see if it works. Pls someone should explain to me how my account got connected to safetoken. What the hell is it for Christ's sake... And paystack?? *sighs
Transfer your money immediately into another account before you cry.
Re: Has My Fcmb Account Been Compromized? by Blackestjunior(m): 10:32am On Oct 15, 2023
It's a scam BEWARE
Re: Has My Fcmb Account Been Compromized? by Paystack: 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
This should be 100% and inside Job from the bank

The reason why you didn't get any OTP is because the banker didn't set your card to be 3D authenticated

They can remove or add that feature

If your card is 3D authenticated then you receive OTP if not you won't necessarily receive and the card will use address or location bases verification with your IP (Ip of person making the purchase)

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Police Arrest Five Suspected Cultists / " I’m A Man " - Bobrisky Tells Lagos High Court / Siasia's Mother Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.