Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Reflections On Crypto And Shariah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reflections On Crypto And Shariah (110 Views)

Reflections On Surah Fussilat, Verse 46: You're Accountable For Your Action / Obesity: Islamic (Shariah) remedy / Reflections On The Nigerian Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reflections On Crypto And Shariah by Arisheloaded(m): 6:08am On Oct 15, 2023
As Muslims, we are always looking for ways to live our lives in accordance with Shariah. This includes our financial dealings, and in recent years, there has been a lot of discussion about the permissibility of investing in cryptocurrencies.

While there is no consensus among Islamic scholars on the permissibility of cryptocurrencies, some scholars have argued that they can be permissible if they meet certain criteria. I'm most inclined with Prof. AbdulRasaq Alaro, and Researcher Joe Bardford's detailed explanation on cryptocurrency, you can send a DM if you want to go through it as well. These criteria include:

1. The cryptocurrency must have a real-world use case and not be used for illegal activities.

2. The cryptocurrency must be traded in a transparent and fair manner.

If a cryptocurrency meets these criteria, then it is possible to invest in it in a way that is compliant with Shariah. However, it is important to do your own research and to consult with a qualified Islamic scholar before investing in any cryptocurrency.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind when investing in cryptocurrencies from a Shariah perspective:

1. Avoid investing in cryptocurrencies that are used for gambling or other haram activities.

2. Do not invest more money than you can afford to lose.

3. Be aware of the risks involved in investing in cryptocurrencies, and take steps to mitigate those risks

Investing in cryptocurrencies can be a risky proposition, but it is also a potential opportunity to generate returns. If you are considering investing in cryptocurrencies, be sure to do your research and to consult with a qualified Islamic scholar before making any decisions.

O Allah, I ask You to bless my investments and to make them profitable. I ask You to protect me from losses and to help me to invest wisely. Ameen.

_______
I'm a trusted cryptocurrency merchant, feel free to contact me to buy or sell your coins.
_______
I'm a professional role-seeking crypto community manager within almost 6 years experience, authored a book on this and I have the largest community of crypto community managers and moderators in Africa (@ExpertCms) on Telegram.
_______

Lawal Afeez Arishekola
Lagos, Nigeria.
13th October, 2023

Re: Reflections On Crypto And Shariah by Arisheloaded(m): 6:09am On Oct 15, 2023
For those who are keen on learning and making informed decision:

https://joebradford.net/bitcoin-crypto-islamic-law-joe-bradford/
Re: Reflections On Crypto And Shariah by Arisheloaded(m): 6:10am On Oct 15, 2023
Here's Prof. AbdulRasaq Alaro's lecture on cryptocurrency:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef8weFo_r0k?si=6mAFmjqNhi6fKp_C
Re: Reflections On Crypto And Shariah by Arisheloaded(m): 6:10am On Oct 15, 2023
More readings: https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/how-cryptocurrency-aligns-with-the-principles-of-islamic-banking-and-finance#:~:text=Sharia%2Dcompliant%20cryptocurrencies%20are%20digital,with%20sharia%20compliance%20in%20mind.

(1) (Reply)

Taqleed Of Scholars / Jesus-the-messiah-in-islam-in-christianity-and-in-reality. / The Most Beloved Of The Most Beloved - Sayyidah Aisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.