Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro (12668 Views)

Shehu Sani: Peter Obi's Supporters Are More Peaceful Than Buhari’s Supporters / Reno Omokri: There Are Other Ethnic Nations More Tribalistic Than Fulani / Why Kano In More Peaceful Than Lagos And Other 34 States In Nigeria – Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by bilms(m): 10:09am On Oct 15, 2023
Over 70% of Africa Nations More Peaceful than US, Says PeacePro

Foundation for Peace Professionals also known as PeacePro at the weekend said about 70 per cent African nations are more peaceful situations than United States of America.

Executive Director of the organisation, Mr. Abdulrazaq Hamzat, stated this in Ilorin at a press conference yesterday on the sideline of the maiden edition of Africa Peace Insight (API) report in Nigeria, popularly known as the giant of Africa.

He said that, “The report is also based on the online public presentation which had 129 participants.

Hamzat stated: “The report named Mauritius, Sierra Leone, Botswana, Equatorial Guinea and Tunisia as most peaceful countries across the 5 subregions of Africa and it equally listed South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Mali and Democratic Republic of Congo as least peaceful countries across the sub region.”

He noted “the Africa Peace Insight is an extracted report from the Global Peace Index (GPI), produced by Australia based Institute of Economics and Peace (IEP) to contextualize, simplify and further breakdown the GPI from a continental perspective”.

Hamzat explained that, Africa Peace Insight report spotlight ongoing conflict in Africa including the situation in ECOWAS led West Africa and the ongoing crisis in Sudan, review findings of Global Peace Index, presented Africa as a single entity by extracting North Africa rating from Middle East as done by the GPI, outline the most and least peaceful countries across the sub region and provide recommendation on pressing peace-building concern in the continent”.

While commenting on the review of Global Peace Index, the report says that more than 70 per cent of the continent is more peaceful than the United States, despite the huge challenges in the continent, adding that no African country is amongst top 3 least peaceful countries in the world for 4 consecutive years.

It also noted that Africa is the epicenter of global crisis, as the Ethiopian civil war recorded more death than any other conflict in the world, yet it wondered why the continent didn’t get commensurate relief support compared to Ukraine, which had less casualties.

Hamzat also outline the five major observation of the Africa Peace Insight.

According to him, foreign military presence is directly proportional to proliferation of arms and growing insecurity in the continent.

The report noted that, “despite the huge mineral exploration taking place in the continent, it doesn’t receive commensurate economic returns to clean up its environment, create economic prosperity and provide employment for its teeming youth population.

“Africa Peace Insight concluded with 2 major recommendations, which is to de-militarize Africa through ending all foreign military presence within a set time frame and developing a joint continental gateway to global mineral market”.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/10/15/over-70-of-africa-nations-more-peaceful-than-us-says-peacepro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by bilms(m): 10:11am On Oct 15, 2023
While speaking at the programme, Mrs. Zulfah Jubril Sanni from the Gambia University of Science Engineering and Technology (USET) who reviewed the report said that the Africa Peace Insight report mirrors the reality of the continent.

According to Zulfah, The Gambia was listed as 4th most peaceful country in the report and she said that it reflected the peaceful nature of the country.

“While the country may not be as developed and rich like Nigeria, the general life style of the people is built around contentment and social cohesion” she said.

Zulfah also maintained that, the false perception of secessionist agitation in many African countries has been exposed as lacking depth, as demonstrated in Sudan.

“In spite of the separation of South Sudan from Sudan, both countries are still amongst the least peaceful countries in the continent, with both having an aggravated internal crisis, far beyond the situation they had before their separation. She said

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by NlGERlA: 10:11am On Oct 15, 2023
Story

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by bilms(m): 10:12am On Oct 15, 2023
Furthermore, the youngest lawmaker in Nigeria, Hon. Rukayat Shittu while also reviewing the report stated that, the media has a huge role to play in giving positive reports about Africa more prominence.

According to her, the review of the Global Peace Index in the Africa Peace Insight report brought a new perspective to the report.

She said, media should deliberately seek out positive aspects of any report or situation to uplift the continent, rather than echoing the narrative of foreign media or being fixated on negative stories.

Rukayat stated that, “PeacePro has led the way in this aspect and that’s why we are now learning new facts about the Global Peace Index, which many thought outrightly concentrated in misery in the continent”.

She concluded that the Africa Peace Insight report has already started yielding results, since those participating in the program are already having a different view and perception of the continent through encounter with the Africa Peace Insight.

Participants at the program include Honourable Shina Pellar, a former member of the federal House of Representatives in Nigeria, Hon Maryam Yusuf Aladi, a member of the Kwara State House of Assembly,

Others are, the national president of the Congress of NOUN Students (CONS), Comrade Shakir Kareem, Comrade Surajudeen Adeyemi, Amb Peiro and other leaders of youth organizations were also present.

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by Ever8090: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2023
Ok... Nigeria not included though....

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by Arapmoi22: 10:39am On Oct 15, 2023
https://www.visionofhumanity.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/GPI-2023-Web.pdf

32 African Nations are better than USA in GPI.
Better than 14 other African Nations under consideration.

As of Aug. 1, at least 25,198 people have died from gun violence in the U.S. this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive – which is an average of roughly 118 deaths each day.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/116-people-died-gun-violence-day-us-year/story?id=97382759

I know two Nigerian young graduates who parent sold what he had to send to USA, only for them to be crying over same child falling under gun violence.
Meanwhile, he supposedly ran away from Nigeria death. Not knowing America will offer him a faster one.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by bilms(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2023
Arapmoi22:
https://www.visionofhumanity.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/GPI-2023-Web.pdf

32 African Nations are better than USA in GPI.
Better than 14 other African Nations under consideration.

As of Aug. 1, at least 25,198 people have died from gun violence in the U.S. this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive – which is an average of roughly 118 deaths each day.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/116-people-died-gun-violence-day-us-year/story?id=97382759

I know two Nigerian young graduates who parent sold what he had to send to USA, only for them to be crying over same child falling under gun violence.
Meanwhile, he supposedly ran away from Nigeria death. Not knowing America will offer him a faster one.

You are really aware of the development

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by Arapmoi22: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2023
bilms:

You are really aware of the development

I worked with an European based International Company in their Nigerian subsidiary.

Brother, I do checked USA gun violence data at least twice a week.

Our IT office in Europe knew it and blocked me from visiting the site.

Now I use my phone which they don't have control over.

So, it is a data I followed regularly.

Gun Violence in America killed five times what Boko Haram or Bandits has killed in Nigeria yearly.

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by Tinubustar: 11:19am On Oct 15, 2023
And they'll be claiming to make peace between others when they are no better!!😡😒

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by bilms(m): 11:31am On Oct 15, 2023
Arapmoi22:

I worked with an European based International Company in their Nigerian subsidiary.

Gun Violence in America killed five times what Boko Haram or Bandits has killed in Nigeria yearly.

It takes consciousness to pay attention to such data. But why do you think they blocked you from accessing the site?

If our authorities here block access in similar manner, how will our people interpret it?

We maybe educated, but many are not enlightened and this is killing us

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by bilms(m): 11:32am On Oct 15, 2023
Tinubustar:
And they'll be claiming to make peace between others when they are no better!!😡😒

They are not claiming anything really.

We are the one's delibrately painting the worse about us.

That's not their fault.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by Arapmoi22: 11:43am On Oct 15, 2023
bilms:

They are not claiming anything really.

We are the one's delibrately painting the worse about us.

That's not their fault.

A black man had been conditioned to be inferior.
Hence, we believe anything western is better.
It is a complex. Inferiority one at that.
Do you know a typical Nigerian feel proud when talking down his Nation?
It is like winning a medal to them.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by bilms(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2023
Arapmoi22:

A black man had been conditioned to be inferior.
Hence, we believe anything western is better.
It is a complex. Inferiority one at that.
Do you know a typical Nigerian feel proud when talking down his Nation?
It is like winning a medal to them.

It will not continue for long.

We will change the situation in due time.

This is just the beginning

7 Likes

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by ivolt: 11:57am On Oct 15, 2023
Arapmoi22:

If you are going to lie, you should at least carefully choose dumb and ignorant audience.
The US gun statistics is not a secret, it can be accessed from hundreds of sources.
Any kid with internet can check it.

Let me even assume you have a job.
If you are banned from accessing specific websites, that must have been because you are wasting productive time
on frivolous websites instead of doing the job you are being paid for.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by ivolt: 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2023
To the OP, comparing your country's security situation against the worse is senseless.
If you have ever lost a close one to violence, you would realise that it doesn't matter
if 1 million Americans are killed per day.

6 Likes

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by Arapmoi22: 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
ivolt:

If you are going to lie, you should at least carefully choose dumb and ignorant audience.
The US gun statistics is not a secret, it can be accessed from hundreds of sources.
Any kid with internet can check it.

Let me even assume you have a job.
If you are banned from accessing specific websites, that must have been because you are wasting productive time
on frivolous websites instead of doing the job you are being paid for.

This is the most comprehensive of Gun violence Report link you can get : https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

It was blocked on my company Laptop.

Most other sources reports it as news, though some few others still do it as data.

I don't need to respond to your other Tantrums.

However, I don't know how you failed to know that I have 1 hour for my lunch to check anything I want to within 5-10 minutes.

I don't know how they did not tell you that 10 minutes twice a week is just 20 minutes out of 5 hours I am entitled to.

I am also surprised that they didn't tell you that I have the official laptop with me 24/7 to choose the time I like to check what I wanted (both for the job or personal).

May God help your understanding and deliver you from Assumptions.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by ivolt: 12:36pm On Oct 15, 2023
Arapmoi22:

This is the most comprehensive of Gun violence Report link you can get : https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

It was blocked on my company Laptop.

Most other sources reports it as news, though some few others still do it as data.

I don't need to respond to your other Tantrums.

However, I don't know how you failed to know that I have 1 hour for my lunch to check anything I want to within 5-10 minutes.

I don't know how they did not tell you that 10 minutes twice a week is just 20 minutes out of 5 hours I am entitled to.

I am also surprised that they didn't tell you that I have the official laptop with me 24/7 to choose the time I like to check what I wanted (both for the job or personal).

May God help your understanding and deliver you from Assumptions.
So, one private 3rd party data collector website that most people have never heard of was blocked on your company laptop and voila
European/western company is blocking you.
Even the website clearly explains why you might get blocked on its main page:
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/explainer

I am curious though, do you check the stats each time you read a violent deaths news
about Nigeria in order to compare and feel good about the news?

3 Likes

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by Arapmoi22: 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2023
ivolt:

So, one private 3rd party data collector website that most people have never heard of was blocked on your company laptop and voila

I am curious though, do you check the stats each time you read a violent deaths news

[b]When your data is Verified with CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). I don't know whether that is not Goverment certifying your Data in America.

Anyway you can see https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2023/cdc-provisional-data-gun-suicides-reach-all-time-high-in-2022-gun-homicides-down-slightly-from-2021#:~:text=According%20to%20the%20provisional%20CDC%20data%2C%2048%2C117%20people,died%20by%20guns%20in%202022%20compared%20to%202021.
for CDC report for 2022.

Your Explainer did tell you that IPs can do the blocking. Know that the site is not an interactive one. So, GVA disclaimed that it doesn't block anyone.

To your last question, Data is there for comparative analysis. it doesn't matter which country is being compared. Canada to Denmark, Afghanistan to Sudan, South Africa to Nigeria, anything to anything. Data is meant for Analysis.

Would you have praised God if Boko Haram had been killing 118 Nigerians daily with Gun just to have higher rates than America?

Data is there for analysis. Sometimes it tells you you are doing well, another it showed you are doing bad.[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by bilms(m): 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2023
ivolt:
To the OP, comparing your country's security situation against the worse is senseless.
If you have ever lost a close one to violence, you would realise that it doesn't matter
if 1 million Americans are killed per day.

You should learn how to read right, instead of imposing your preconceived mindset on public issues.

Does this look like comparison to you?

You need to fix your mind

6 Likes

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by bilms(m): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2023
ivolt:

What exactly is your point?
Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by bilms(m): 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2023
Arapmoi22:

[b]When your data is Verified with CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). I don't know whether that is not Goverment certifying your Data in America.

Anyway you can see https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2023/cdc-provisional-data-gun-suicides-reach-all-time-high-in-2022-gun-homicides-down-slightly-from-2021#:~:text=According%20to%20the%20provisional%20CDC%20data%2C%2048%2C117%20people,died%20by%20guns%20in%202022%20compared%20to%202021.
for CDC report for 2022.

Your Explainer did tell you that IPs can do the blocking. Know that the site is not an interactive one. So, GVA disclaimed that it doesn't block anyone.

To your last question, Data is there for comparative analysis. it doesn't matter which country is being compared. Canada to Denmark, Afghanistan to Sudan, South Africa to Nigeria, anything to anything. Data is meant for Analysis.

Would you have praised God if Boko Haram had been killing 118 Nigerians daily with Gun just to have higher rates than America?

Data is there for analysis. Sometimes it tells you you are doing well, another it showed you are doing bad.[/b]

Everyone will speak based on the limit of their understanding.

So, you don't have to worry

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by YorubaKinging: 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
The end is near.

West Africa will be the last place they will enter

They will even come to Judah but the Lion of Judah will perform a wonder.

The end is truly near

But first Babylon must fall.
Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by JAPAHTML: 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
Peaceful or not peaceful japa is the make i just learn Algorithm and Data Structure
anything wey una dey write here na waste of time

And beside in the US everyone have acess to gun but here in nigeria maybe only 30% and they are still competing with US in terms of death, imagine if everyone has a gun in nigeria, in america there is no mass kidnaping etc

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by gameova(m): 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
This is Soo true with this everyday shooting happening in the US and lack of gun control. This year alone, public shooting is more than 200. Not surprised in any way.

Please someone should help me out with any amount for foodstuffs please. There is serious hunger in the land

07 25 00 93 40 access bank
Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by Meerahbel: 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
grin
Drop an empty plane at MMA or NAA and inform Nigerians that the plane would be heading straight to the US but would land inside the prison and the prison will be their abode.

You would be shocked to see people ready to enter standing to US.

However, California is a dangerous place to live in US, too many gang shootings.

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by eepeepook: 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
Americans are too ignorant to care.

1 Like

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by 11doubledee: 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by atobs4real(m): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2023
Why is their country making wave? US is this and that.
What happened to the 70℅ countries with out development
Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2023
bilms:
Over 70% of Africa Nations More Peaceful than US, Says PeacePro
Ultra Rubbish Joke of the century!

Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by atobs4real(m): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2023
Why is their country making wave? US is this and that.
What happened to the 70℅ countries with out development
Who peaceful help?
Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by KpukpuyekePikin(f): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2023
Abdulrazak Hamzat

I am not surprised

They can support garbage just to massage their tribal ego.
Re: Over 70% Of Africa Nations More Peaceful Than US, Says Peacepro by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13 New Governors Borrowed ₦‎226.8 Billion In Six Months – DMO / Lockdown: Consumers Lodge 2,715 Cases Over Poor Electricity Supply, Services / We No Dey Reply Nonsense - Oseloka Obaze, Peter Obi's Campaign Deputy Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.