Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,158 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry (36103 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Who Have Beefs With Each Other (must see) / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by jrusky(m): 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2023
KpukpuyekePikin:
Gbola Tilumbu sang Emilokan and penetrated the American music industry through his Chicago scandal.

See your level of reasoning and you called yourself a woman. Hhmmm nawah ooo.

If a woman like you could be these politically twisted and hateful then their is a problem somewhere.

Anyway pls don't digress the thread, everything is not about Tinubu or the the f u c-king Chicago shit pls allow us to celebrate these guys ok.

Thanks.....
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by seunt4ut(m): 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2023
Tems is always on radio station and some stores here in Texas. I don’t know other states thou. A lot of women here like Tens a lot.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by PepeXKermit: 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2023
Olodo24:
Their radio deals go dey really expensive. If na just streams, e for no go that far for Billboard

Only God know where that guy put hand but that song is a massive success in 2022/2023.
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by 43Ronin: 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2023
KpukpuyekePikin:
Gbola Tilumbu sang Emilokan and penetrated the American music industry through his Chicago Records.
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by Blazebond(m): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2023
I know say na rubbish the poster go write, without emotions or sentiment,na only burna boy be proper international artist for naija now,in the past fela and majek was also recognized and appreciated,all those nonsense davido,wizkid,rema and co and shit PR jobs,wait o,is it because of the calm down single remix with Selena Gomez or the latest ice spice remix,my god you people are so childish,why do you think rema did the calm down remix ?you don't know it's because or PR in America and what exactly have wizkid done without massive PR since and as for davido just forget about that idiot,that one na PR pro max,my friend na only burna boy be the real musician that those American or world artist would kill to make music with now,only burna boy, damn that guy is doing wonders and he is so far ahead of all this people you group him with now except fela,and please stop grouping fela with nowadays Nigerian musicians please,they are not in his class at all.fela and majek and burna are Nigeria's real musical exploits of international repute without PR

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by TheWinterBird(f): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2023
Tems should also be on the list
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by PepeXKermit: 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2023
jrusky:

See your level of reasoning and you called yourself a woman. Hhmmm nawah ooo.

If a woman like you could be these politically twisted and hateful then their is a problem somewhere.

Anyway pls don't digress the thread, everything is not about Tinubu or the the f u c-king Chicago shit pls allow us to celebrate these guys ok.

Thanks.....

Can you imagine in your wildest imagination that a NIGERIAN woman can be so skewed mentally to talk about politics not to even talk of typing the way that mofo typed? That person is a Kunle who lives in a tattered neighbourhood and most likely does not have a job. There are many of them here parading themselves as women but the way they talk always gives them out.

Regards,
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by Sleekfingers: 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2023
Indomie generation. Is that Fela's picture?

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by Rahkman: 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2023
JaySmart4422:
Sometimes I laugh at you people

If your parents have the kinda money Rama's parents have you will be heard globally.

If you have money like WizKid , davido or Burnaboy you will blow internationally

Money makes all this happen no magic at all

All artists sign under donjazzy are from wealthy homes no poor man pikin
If you like believe if you like no believe.

All Na money dey work
na lie abeg

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by gannod(m): 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2023
Op, that picture is not of Fela but Femi his son.
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by jrusky(m): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2023
PepeXKermit:

Can you imagine in your wildest imagination that a NIGERIAN woman can be so skewed mentally to talk about politics not to even talk of typing the way that mofo typed? That person is a Kunle who lives in a tattered neighbourhood and most likely does not have a job. There are many of them here parading themselves as women but the way they talk always gives them out.

Regards,

Thanks bro for putting the record straight.
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by Ashawoman82: 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2023
kingkelvin2033:
indomie generation post

you dare put fela no. 2?

Rema kor

reverb ni

They just post anything from their dull minds without any proper research

Where Essien dey
Where Asha dey
Where 2face and Psquare dey
Femi Kuti's songs is being studied in their universities

2face is in many Hollywood soundtrack

Tems is in Wakanda 2 soundtrack and others coming up

you are talking about these noisemakers gathering crowd

just go and do more research stop being lazy typical naija blogger

fela no. 2? in your mouth?

burna boy no. 3 ?

dey play
grand pa go and rest...rema has done what fela nor any other artiste in Nigeria have ever done internationally, do u know the level calm down song blew ...fela that the white recognised because they felt the need to involve African music in their entertainment, how many competitore did fela have then..abeg u guys should go and rest..how many whities could sing fela songs then, dude for f sake calm down is becoming an anthem all over the world ..the likes of Wiz and burnaboy no blow reach that level ..

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by IbileIfe: 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2023
KiNg0G:
We all know that it's a dream of every musician to be heard globally, and once you get into the American industry, you're almost there.

There were those who attempted, those who failed, and those who are still trying today, with the hope of being heard one day.

I am presenting you with the top 5 countdown Nigerian musicians who have successfully penetrated the American industry and achieved global recognition.

Once again I repeat top 5
So whoever you think should be here might be in my top 50.. thank you.

5) WIZKID

we all know when wizkid started 2009/2010 signed by banky w we always knew he was a star. I mean the freestyle he did on Tim Westwood TV still remains one of the best ever done by an African artist till date. he went on to feature drake, chris brown and even wrote for some of them. wizkid penetrated deep I must say for selling 02 arena several times even if it's london but he has penetrated into the america spotlight with undying love from fans home and abroad.

4) DAVIDO

Being known is one thing, but being consistent is another. The American-born Nigerian singer doesn't slack at all, even without a Grammy award. He is known globally because of his hard work and consistency. He did numerous features with america artist and friends with them too. I believe the last time one of them came to nigeria, davido sent is fleet of cars to go pick him. Mention davido overseas in the uk, USA, almost all music lovers knows the name.

3) BURNA BOY
one of the most controversial musician from Nigeria can't be over looked, burnaboy is notably known abroad not just for is grammy AWARDbut as AFRICA GIANT. he's energetic looks, energetic performance gives him much stance. He has done several samples of america musicians songs that even blew way more than the original songs and one can't help to say how unique he is despite the attacks he gets from all angles people calling him the king of samples...(but last I checked, I heard a lil durk gave him an invite to remix his song "all my life" which is currently out)

2) FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI
if I don't mention the legend himself, the king of afrobeat, the pioneer himself. What will be my gain? Fela was known during the time all over the globe and I wonder how he did it. When they were hardly any promotions, radio stations, tv sets and the rest unlike now that they is streaming apps all over. Social media site and the rest. Yes fela is number 2 because he create the way for all the afro beats today in african. Rest on king.

1) REMA

I have never seen an african musician who rose to global recognition as fast as rema. This was a kid who literally started in 2018 freestyling from his parent vehicle then upload it on the internet. Viola he was quickly picked by don jazzy signed to mavin records, changed his genre from hip-hop to afro party pattern and HERE WE GO like fabrizio. Baby calm down! Calm down. A song nigeria thought were nursery's rhymes was accepted all over the world even as far as indian, china, meanwhile in nigeria it barely even had good time play. The remix he did with selena gomez and the relationship rumours helped to spice up everything and I must say rema is one of the most global afrobeat musician as at now.
On Rema:
Has he won any Grammy?
MTV Awards?
Has he sold out live concerts?

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by tollyboy5(m): 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2023
turmacs:
I've never seen a people with so much inferiority complex like Nigerians and Indians..
You that is using European hairstyle wig. You're also having inferior complexity hope you know?

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by Ashawoman82: 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2023
Blazebond:
I know say na rubbish the poster go write, without emotions or sentiment,na only burna boy be proper international artist for naija now,in the past fela and majek was also recognized and appreciated,all those nonsense davido,wizkid,rema and co and shit PR jobs,wait o,is it because of the calm down single remix with Selena Gomez or the latest ice spice remix,my god you people are so childish,why do you think rema did the calm down remix ?you don't know it's because or PR in America and what exactly have wizkid done without massive PR since and as for davido just forget about that idiot,that one na PR pro max,my friend na only burna boy be the real musician that those American or world artist would kill to make music with now,only burna boy, damn that guy is doing wonders and he is so far ahead of all this people you group him with now except fela,and please stop grouping fela with nowadays Nigerian musicians please,they are not in his class at all.fela and majek and burna are Nigeria's real musical exploits of international repute without PR
u are right about burnaboy, but we are talking about the hottest now, guy it's currently rema, the song calm down over blow,be like him baf soap bro....none of burns songs has blown with such magnitude, as for whose the better artiste, of course it's burnaboi.
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by IbileIfe: 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2023
Blazebond:
Thanks for your rationality.
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by Abagworo(m): 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
Tems pernetrated American market more than them all. What did you smoke by skipping her? Ckay also did well with "Love Nwantiti" which is 4x Platinum in the US.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by KiNg0G: 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
Abagworo:
Tems pernetrated American market more than them all. What did you smoke by skipping her? Ckay also did well with "Love Nwantiti" which is 4x Platinum in the US.
that ckay hu na dey mention dey below my 200.

As for terms if only it was top 20 she might just be there.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by ednut1(m): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2023
Fela was big in europe not America. Rest

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by JayVicky: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2023
omoredia:
The American market responds to intellegence in ur music. The likes of Asake or Olamide are for the local streets
So, songs like WAP and Anaconda qualify as "intelligent" music. Don't let your inferiority complex kill you.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by omoredia: 2:28pm On Oct 15, 2023
JayVicky:

So, songs like WAP and Anaconda qualify as "intelligent" music. Don't let your inferiority complex kill you.

We are talking of music that will break into their market nah. Americans will never reject their own so what are u saying?
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by flyinnizam(m): 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2023
KiNg0G:
We all know that it's a dream of every musician to be heard globally, and once you get into the American industry, you're almost there.

There were those who attempted, those who failed, and those who are still trying today, with the hope of being heard one day.

I am presenting you with the top 5 countdown Nigerian musicians who have successfully penetrated the American industry and achieved global recognition.

Once again I repeat top 5
So whoever you think should be here might be in my top 50.. thank you.

5) WIZKID

we all know when wizkid started 2009/2010 signed by banky w we always knew he was a star. I mean the freestyle he did on Tim Westwood TV still remains one of the best ever done by an African artist till date. he went on to feature drake, chris brown and even wrote for some of them. wizkid penetrated deep I must say for selling 02 arena several times even if it's london but he has penetrated into the america spotlight with undying love from fans home and abroad.

4) DAVIDO

Being known is one thing, but being consistent is another. The American-born Nigerian singer doesn't slack at all, even without a Grammy award. He is known globally because of his hard work and consistency. He did numerous features with america artist and friends with them too. I believe the last time one of them came to nigeria, davido sent is fleet of cars to go pick him. Mention davido overseas in the uk, USA, almost all music lovers knows the name.

3) BURNA BOY
one of the most controversial musician from Nigeria can't be over looked, burnaboy is notably known abroad not just for is grammy AWARDbut as AFRICA GIANT. he's energetic looks, energetic performance gives him much stance. He has done several samples of america musicians songs that even blew way more than the original songs and one can't help to say how unique he is despite the attacks he gets from all angles people calling him the king of samples...(but last I checked, I heard a lil durk gave him an invite to remix his song "all my life" which is currently out)

2) FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI

if I don't mention the legend himself, the king of afrobeat, the pioneer himself. What will be my gain? Fela was known during the time all over the globe and I wonder how he did it. When they were hardly any promotions, radio stations, tv sets and the rest unlike now that they is streaming apps all over. Social media site and the rest. Yes fela is number 2 because he create the way for all the afro beats today in african. Rest on king.

1) REMA

I have never seen an african musician who rose to global recognition as fast as rema. This was a kid who literally started in 2018 freestyling from his parent vehicle then upload it on the internet. Viola he was quickly picked by don jazzy signed to mavin records, changed his genre from hip-hop to afro party pattern and HERE WE GO like fabrizio. Baby calm down! Calm down. A song nigeria thought were nursery's rhymes was accepted all over the world even as far as indian, china, meanwhile in nigeria it barely even had good time play. The remix he did with selena gomez and the relationship rumours helped to spice up everything and I must say rema is one of the most global afrobeat musician as at now.

get ur facts right. Don jazzy didn't pick Rema. D'Prince did

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by Cmanforall: 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2023
porthouse7:
psquare didn’t go beyond Africa

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by mayor1814: 3:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
IyaTola:
King Sunny Ade and Fela should be Number 1 and 2

Nah. Fela is number 1. Greatest African music artist of all time.

KSA, 2nd
Wizkid, 3rd
Burna Boy, 4th
Rema, 5th
Tems, 6th

I think tuface, psquare, dbanj were heavyweights no doubt, but as to international inroads or American inroads, it's debatable.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by Beverlyjean(f): 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
They also penetrated their women

How do rich people sleep with their fridge filled with juice and fruit's....🀷🀷🀷
Ordinary Hollandia wey I put in fridges I no fit sleep till e finish faπŸ€·πŸ€·πŸ˜›πŸ˜’πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by 43Ronin: 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2023
replace Fela with Tems. fela is a legend who penetrated the world.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by Beverlyjean(f): 3:40pm On Oct 15, 2023
Ashawoman82:
u are right about burnaboy, but we are talking about the hottest now, guy it's currently rema, the song calm down over blow,be like him baf soap bro....none of burns songs has blown with such magnitude, as for whose the better artiste, of course it's burnaboi.

No Nigerian Artists have won the number of MTV awards like dbanj .... without people like Dbanj , 2 face and psquare that carved the way for people like these ones u posted.... they were the ones that made the world recognise new Africa Afrobeats ... do u know how big Oliver twist was ...just because social media is helping promoting these news bees ... during the Olympics in London , during the basketball game between usa and Germany... Oliver twist was played during their break... in the longest running TV programme on uk TV ( East Enders ) Oliver twist was played .... Oliver twist was the first Nigerian song that made billboard top ten

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by RichAbujaGuy: 4:33pm On Oct 15, 2023
My memory is working good today. wink
How soon we forget about international trailblazer Dbanj
NL archives are a gold mine of history and information.

New Facts Emerge On Dbanj And Don Jazzy Split 8:51am On Apr 13, 2012

https://www.nairaland.com/913525/new-facts-emerge-dbanj-don
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by bejick(m): 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2023
Olodo24:
Rema's team really spent so much money promoting Calm Down. I heard it took over the American airwaves for months.

It is an anthem in UK, one radio station makes sure they play it every night.
Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by DND069: 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2023
Beverlyjean:

No Nigerian Artists have won the number of MTV awards like dbanj .... without people like Dbanj , 2 face and psquare that carved the way for people like these ones u posted.... they were the ones that made the world recognise new Africa Afrobeats ... do u know how big Oliver twist was ...just because social media is helping promoting these news bees ... during the Olympics in London , during the basketball game between usa and Germany... Oliver twist was played during their break... in the longest running TV programme on uk TV ( East Enders ) Oliver twist was played .... Oliver twist was the first Nigerian song that made billboard top ten

Very true. I could remember the Olympics year back then.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by bjtinz: 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2023
shocked I'm hearing Rema for the first time. 😳

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigeria Musicians Who Penetrated The American Music Industry by SaLongs1(m): 4:44pm On Oct 15, 2023
KpukpuyekePikin:
Gbola Tilumbu sang Emilokan and penetrated the American music industry through his Chicago scandal.
Today is Sunday ooo, fear God small na!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The 50 Greatest Naija Songs Of All Time? / Olamide – Lagos Boys [VIDEO DOWNLOAD] / Download Money Heist Season 5 - English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.