Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

"Tinubu's Certificate Not Fake", US Don Kperogi Lists 7 'facts' On CSU Saga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Tinubu's Certificate Not Fake", US Don Kperogi Lists 7 'facts' On CSU Saga (379 Views)

US Professor, Steve Hanke, Reacts To Tinubu's CSU Saga / The US Court Proceedings On CSU: A National Embarrassment By Osita Chidoka / Coalition Of #EndSARS Protest Groups Lists 7 New Objectives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Tinubu's Certificate Not Fake", US Don Kperogi Lists 7 'facts' On CSU Saga by RidorAdeola: 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2023

Re: "Tinubu's Certificate Not Fake", US Don Kperogi Lists 7 'facts' On CSU Saga by Fugazy2023: 3:02pm On Oct 15, 2023
➤ Home Politics POLITICS "Tinubu's Certificate Not Fake",
US Don Kperogi Lists 7 'Facts' on President's CSU Saga Updated Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 3:00 PM by Ridwan Adeola

US-based Nigerian professor, Farooq Kperogi, has again shared his thoughts on the certificate saga involving President Bola Tinubu Prof. Kperogi said he is "not invested in any perspective" but will continue to write on "the obtainable version of the truth" Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the PDP, had claimed Tinubu forged his academic certificate

Popular columnist, Farooq Kperogi, has shared what he calls “facts” about the storm over the authenticity of the credential President Bola Tinubu submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). Kperogi said contrary to claims by opposition elements, Tinubu did not forge his credentials with INEC. President Tinubu didn't forge his CSU certificate, Kperogi insists. Photo credits: Chicago State University, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Source: Facebook CSU saga: 'Tinubu didn't forge', Kperogi The US-based Nigerian professor earlier claimed certificates are not used as legal proof of graduation from any school in America. Now, he has written a fresh piece.

“Here are 7 facts I've found so far after reading and rereading all the facts related to this issue: Tinubu attended and graduated from Chicago State University in 1979, was issued a diploma (or a certificate, to use the expression that’s familiar to Nigerians), which he collected (I erred when I thought the registrar said he didn't; See number 3). Apparently, he lost the original diploma in 1979 and was issued a "replacement diploma dated 27 June 1979," according to the BBC. In the 1990s, he applied for and got a replacement diploma from CSU. Ostensibly, because it looks different from his 1979 diploma (since diplomas bear the signatures of the current president and look like the diplomas issued that year), he got a note from the CSU registrar in 1999 affirming that he indeed graduated from the school in 1979. He lost the original copy of the 1990s replacement diploma (but has a photocopy of it) and, in the 2000s, applied for yet another replacement diploma, which the university issued, but which he didn't collect. I mistook the registrar's reference to this bit during the deposition as him saying that Tinubu did not collecting his 1979 diploma. My apologies. In 2022, Tinubu submitted a photocopy of the 1990s replacement diploma, along with the 1999 "To Whom It May Concern" note from the CSU Registrar, to INEC as the academic credential that qualifies him to run for president. Opposition politicians saw it and said it wasn't similar to diplomas CSU issued in 1979. So, they said it's fake. BBC's Disinformation Team fact-checked the claim and found that it's not fake. It appears fake only because it was reissued in 1998 and the university's logo at the bottom of the diploma was chopped off during photocopying. The BBC says every other detail in the diploma is similar to the diplomas CSU issued or reissued in 1998. The registrar disavowed the photocopied INEC diploma during deposition because of the absence of the logo of the university at the bottom of the diploma, but even he hinted that it "was possibly 'cut off' when it was photocopied." So, it was actually a conditional disavowal Read more: https://www.legit.ng/politics/1558674-7-facts-tinubus-chicago-state-university-controversy-don-shares/
Re: "Tinubu's Certificate Not Fake", US Don Kperogi Lists 7 'facts' On CSU Saga by Legalaffairs(m): 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2023
Kperogi, ok we have heard you. Go and rest. Update this your view and defence forever and it can't unlearn or wash off what we know and read from the CSU deposition. We can't take your view against what we deduced from the CSU deposition.

You are Professor maybe, but I have come to understand that you will fail woefully on any exam centred on the content of the CSU deposition.

Be calming down before you end up carrying a fight you intend to separate.

You are overworking yourself on this issue. Why don't you help Nigeria from other angles? We are faced with the worst economic crisis presently, I will beg if you detour towards that area and leave CSU and Tinubu forgery alone. No amount of propaganda to change the narrative will work on the intelligent Nigerians.

Did I say you writes like a paid hand these days?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Tinubu's Certificate Not Fake", US Don Kperogi Lists 7 'facts' On CSU Saga by OkCornel(m): 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2023
Interesting.

The photocopying machine also included ElNora’s signature at a time she was not at CSU.

Bravo Kperogi

1 Like

Re: "Tinubu's Certificate Not Fake", US Don Kperogi Lists 7 'facts' On CSU Saga by samunaka: 4:54pm On Oct 15, 2023
Legalaffairs:
Kperogi, ok we have heard you. Go and rest. Update this your view and defence forever and it can't unlearn or wash off what we know and read from the CSU deposition. We can't take your view against what we deduced from the CSU deposition.

You are Professor maybe, but I have come to understand that you will fail woefully on any exam centred on the content of the CSU deposition.

Be calming down before you end up carrying a fight you intend to separate.

You are overworking yourself on this issue. Why don't you help Nigeria from other angles? We are faced with the worst economic crisis presently, I will beg if you detour towards that area and leave CSU and Tinubu forgery alone. No amount of propaganda to change the narrative will work on the intelligent Nigerians.

Did I say you writes like a paid hand these days?

There is just no way you can convince somebody who for eight years believed that President Buhari was cloned to accept that Tinubus 's certificate was not forged
Re: "Tinubu's Certificate Not Fake", US Don Kperogi Lists 7 'facts' On CSU Saga by yarimo(m): 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2023
TINUBU teaching ATIKU and OBI what is politics and how to make your opponent and illiterate supporters busy. And he had succeeded grin grin grin
Re: "Tinubu's Certificate Not Fake", US Don Kperogi Lists 7 'facts' On CSU Saga by NaijaCowFarm: 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2023
samunaka:

There is just no way you can convince somebody who for eight years believed that President Buhari was cloned to accept that Tinubus 's certificate was not forged

Keep deceiving yourselves while Tinubu's lawyers are struggling to save him.

What do you think is the reason that Tinubu's defense is based on making the Supreme Court not admit the pieces of evidence? Also, why do you think that the lawyers are also making an effort to implicate Atiku of forgery?

This was how you all believed that the US courts would not rule that CSU should release Tinubu's records.

1 Like

Re: "Tinubu's Certificate Not Fake", US Don Kperogi Lists 7 'facts' On CSU Saga by KanuIsCursed: 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2023
Headless mobs will go against this?

(1) (Reply)

Wike Pledges To Complete Rehabilitation Of Abuja National Mosque / I Thought Some Nigerians Said We Don't Need Oil? That Lagos And Kano Economy? / Why Wike Can Not Be Expel From PDP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.