Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,654 members, 7,865,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:58 PM

I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti (455 Views)

Atiku Not Seeking Foreign Funds, Says Campaign Organisation / Peter Obi’s Not After Foreign Funds, Says Labour Party / Obi Questioned On Why He Invested $30m State Funds In Company Where His Family.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti by Metrix147: 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2023
Gov. Alex Otti has explained that his Foundation and not Abia State Government is bankrolling his free scholarship scheme, ABN TV reports.

The Governor who made the explanation Saturday in his remark at the 2022 -2023 Alex Otti Scholarship scheme held at the Sacramento Event Centre, Olokoro, Umuahia South, said that he had long commenced the humanitarian gesture over seven years ago, before his emergence as Governor.

He promised to sustain the gesture which according to him, was borne out of his empathy for the indigent youths interested in pursuing their career in education.

According to him, the gesture is his personal contribution towards the enhancement of the future of the youths.

He promised to sustain the gesture as long as God gives him grace, emphasing that life is not about wealth accumulation but positive impacts.

The Governor further said that beneficiaries of the scheme did not need to be highly connected or personally known to him before they qualify, noting that the procedure is easy for any interested persons.

Otti said his major preoccupation was how to assist Abia youths actualise their dreams in life without stress.

He announced an increase in the Alex Otti foundation Scholarship package to beneficiaries from N150,000 to N250,000.

A total of 34 beneficiaries were selected for this year’s edition, thus bringing the numbers of beneficiaries so far to over 200 since the inception of the exercise seven years ago.

The governor charged beneficiaries not to disappoint but rather put in their best to excel.

Otti further explained that bright but indigent students of Abia origin or those resident in the state were the targets of the scheme.

He thanked the Management Committee of the scheme for its input and for remaining objective to the vision of the Foundation without compromise.

Speaking at the event, the Deputy Chief of Staff to the Governor, and the immediate -past Executive Secretary of the Foundation, Mr Chinedu Ekeke, said the selection process was transparent.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/im-not-paying-scholarship-with-state-funds-says-gov-otti/

Re: I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti by Apcsupport1: 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2023
Politics money we know
Re: I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti by Ozommadu: 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2023
Omo cheesy

The conqueror, the lion is here grin

Agbado and yoruba Apc Muslims night mare is here. Ọ sọ ndi o we ndị grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti by cenaman(m): 4:01pm On Oct 15, 2023
LP = Forward ever backward never

APC = Backward ever and ever forward never undecided undecided kiss

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti by saintkel(m): 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2023
Some evil minds won't sleep tonight
Re: I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti by BigIyanga: 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2023
Apcsupport1:
Politics money we know
U think say everbody broke like you abd ur family. He was a banker for over 30yrs. He was CEO/GMD of Diamond Bank before he ventured into politics… at that time.. his basic pay was N250m-N400m/yr with FX rate of N150/$1.. $2m/yr.. so if he invested $1m/yr in US/EU backed currencies.. $1m today =N1bn, with 10% =N100m, he can successfully run his charity
Re: I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti by yarimo(m): 4:52pm On Oct 15, 2023
Foolish man after defrauding diamond bank as MD you are here defraud ABIA STATE
Re: I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti by EKONGKING: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2023
Heard, he is a developer who successfully ventured into politics
Re: I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti by SoNature(m): 8:23pm On Oct 15, 2023
Ozommadu:
Omo cheesy

The conqueror, the lion is here grin

Agbado and yoruba Apc Muslims night mare is here. Ọ sọ ndi o we ndị grin

This is not necessary. We don't owe anyone to prove to that we are doing well. Do well and let the world admire or envy you.
Re: I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti by Sharonpraise: 5:23am On Mar 20
Read more about Alex Otti Foundation scholarship and how to apply here

https://packnpass.com/alex-otti-foundation-scholarship/
Re: I'm Not Paying Scholarship With State Funds, Says Gov. Otti by Mindlog: 7:13am On Mar 20
yarimo:
Foolish man after defrauding diamond bank as MD you are here defraud ABIA STATE

At least he is not defrauding your home state where the Governor is using the Ramadan to cash out under the disguise of feeding the poor among you. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Abia State Government Rehabilitates Federal Enugu/port Harcourt Expressway. / Taiwan Ronu / As Soldiers Move Us To IDP Camps, Our Attackers Occupy Our Houses - Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.