Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,525 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? (412 Views)

Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows / Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB / Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by unscripted(m): 4:33pm On Oct 15, 2023
The Federal Government said Diaspora home remittances in 2022 stood at US$ 21.9 billion through official channels. Nigeria's President, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, said this at the 17th annual National Diaspora Day (NDD), 2023, at the Conference Centre, Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Tuesday.25 Jul 2023.. this amount is higher than our full year budget.. so where is all the FX going to?
Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by CodeTemplar: 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2023
Black market.
Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by Femmyfamous4u(m): 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2023
The recipients collect it from the bank and exchanged it at the parallel market. The billions of Dollars are in people's homes and that's why there's scarcity.
Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by Apcsupport1: 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2023
😵‍💫
Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by descarado: 4:54pm On Oct 15, 2023
Direct your question to tinubu goons
Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by psucc(m): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2023
Nigeria is such a criminal state. The managers create artificial scarcity of FX to create avenue for them to make money.

You can imagine that, as per CBN report, during Buhari administration, some people were buying FX at least that _₦10/$ under a subhead called "invincible" while same was exchanging for over ₦400/$

1 Like

Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by Birdbyrde440: 5:00am On Nov 17, 2023
unscripted:
The Federal Government said Diaspora home remittances in 2022 stood at US$ 21.9 billion through official channels. Nigeria's President, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, said this at the 17th annual National Diaspora Day (NDD), 2023, at the Conference Centre, Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Tuesday.25 Jul 2023.. this amount is higher than our full year budget.. so where is all the FX going to?

What's your business with where the fx went to, do you want government to force them to convert it or what?

Remove your eye from people money.
Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by Birdbyrde440: 5:02am On Nov 17, 2023
psucc:
Nigeria is such a criminal state. The managers create artificial scarcity of FX to create avenue for them to make money.

You can imagine that, as per CBN report, during Buhari administration, some people were buying FX at least that _₦10/$ under a subhead called "invincible" while same was exchanging for over ₦400/$

Lol hmm N10
Then emefewele needs to be dealt with.
Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by Lifestone(m): 6:54am On Nov 17, 2023
unscripted:
Nigerians have bought it from black market to trade Forex and buy Bitcoin and have lost it. I don't know who do us
Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by Lifestone(m): 6:56am On Nov 17, 2023
psucc:

What is the source of this your information, barber shop and BetNija shop I guess
Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by psucc(m): 8:53am On Nov 17, 2023
Lifestone:

What is the source of this your information, barber shop and BetNija shop I guess
The last time I checked, Google was still open and yielding results for every query.

Don't just wait for sauce or sausage
Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by psucc(m): 8:55am On Nov 17, 2023
Birdbyrde440:

Lol hmm N10
Then emefewele needs to be dealt with.
Just google it. It is a CBN report
Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by Faiththatworks(m): 9:14am On Nov 17, 2023
I believe it's true close to 21 billion usd flower into the Economy last year.
The truth is these information is verifiable,not some data that was brought from nowhere.
All you need to do is ask all the banks to produce their foreign remittance through their various channels like western union, remitly,world remit e.t.c.
There are also fintechs apps like flutterwave, paystack that allow remittance in Usd.
When you add all these payments,you can actually determine the amount that was sent to Nigeria.
Back to your question,the truth is almost 90% of these payments end up in the hands of the local Bureau d change hausa guy on the street of Nigeria.
You will be amazed at how much foreign currency flows to these guys everyday,I keep saying if you remove foreign remittances in Nigeria,the naira will be around 2000 to a Usd.
Ask yourself the question,have you met anyone who collected payment through those foreign remittances channel and changed it in the bank.
I believe it's time for Government to work with these Local Bureau d change and figure out a way to regulate the amount they buy and sell these foreign currencies.
Still selling LAND in my Estate @ Ibeju-lekki
https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki
God bless Nigeria.
Still sell
Re: US$ 21.9 Billion Diaspora Remittance, Please Where Is All The FX Going To ? by Lifestone(m): 9:25am On Nov 17, 2023
psucc:
The last time I checked, Google was still open and yielding results for every query.

Don't just wait for sauce or sausage
Laughing. There no such thing on Google. Maybe you want Google to search your mind !
I'm worried because innocent people can take this trash as truth, that's why I want you to put your source so I can learn as well

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Might Loose in The Supreme Court Because N. Caliphate Is Not Happy / Sanwoolu opens GAC Motors 2000 Cars Assembly Plant In Lagos / I Was Speaking In Parables, Bode George Makes U-turn On Leaving The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.