Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). (35013 Views)

Lagosians Rush To Board Lagos Blue Line Rail Train In Marina (Video) / Why Is Lagos Blue Line Train Being Pulled By A Diesel Locomotive?—John Ashbourne / Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). by Irony1: 7:09am On Oct 16, 2023
[quote author=Kay25 post=126428673][/quote]

Shut up once again
Re: Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). by Irony1: 7:10am On Oct 16, 2023
COMPAQ:

He said 80k in ONE MONTH!!

He did
Re: Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). by PHAYOL81: 7:37am On Oct 16, 2023
Irony1:

Oga when you guys are ready to lying to people and deceiving yourselves let us know.

With this your latest post, I guess you just wann rant and I suppose I should rather leave you alone.

HAPPY WEEK AHEAD!
Re: Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). by Irony1: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2023
PHAYOL81:

With this your latest post, I guess you just wann rant and I suppose I should rather leave you alone.

HAPPY WEEK AHEAD!

Oga no one wants to rant. You guys are not smart to see that Propaganda doesn't sell again this is not 2015 Nigerians are smarter now.
Re: Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). by COMPAQ(m): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2023
juman:

I laughed. grin grin grin
You must be joking.
Ibadan need it than most cities in nigeria.
In fact, every state capital need it. It reduce gas emission.
I have lived in a small country that cannot be more than one quarter of ibadan´s population, and they have all kinds of transportation system.

The objective is not to reduce gas emissions. Its to reduce time spent in traffic and improve productivity which enhances GDP. And it only makes sense when it is financially viable. Oyo state is a relatively poor state. I was in Ibadan just this last weekend. From Challenge to UI didn't take me 30mins. Ibadan does not have much traffic. Especially now that high petrol price has severely limited cars on the roads.

And what city is that. Ibadan is just about 2.5mln people. I'd like to know the city of 600k that has a train system. I am not talking of tram or street car in just the city center o! I mean a proper train system like what Lagos has.

A lot of American cities of more than Ibadans population don't have subway or any form of train mass transportation at all.

Neither does any city in West Africa if Im not mistaken. And that is capitals of countries like Accra and Abidjan that harbor more wealth and you are talking Ibadan that has almost no industry. If you aren't working in UCH , UI or Civil service in Ibadan (and maybe some of the few banks) you have no sensible job in Ibadan.

This is Ibadan traffic at 12pm on a Monday! green everywhere. Why would I then spend N200bln on train. I'd rather spend N10bln on CNG buses.

Its about getting value for money, based on our own economic and social realities, not wanting to be like London for the sake of it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). by Kay25(m): 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2023
Irony1:

Shut up once again
I for say make thunder fire u but for Jesus sake I will leave u
Re: Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). by AbuAeesha: 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2023
Believeintruth:

Ehenn but you can always want to compare Anambra to Lagos abi. You guyslike to spin arguments to areas when it suits you

And Why will I compare Lagos to Anambra??
Re: Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). by Meerahbel: 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2023
Believeintruth:

Leave them with their lies and propaganda, if 80k passengers use that train Lagos roads would be empty. Do they know what 80k is on the road at a instant?
as in I just tire
Re: Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). by Irony1: 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2023
Kay25:
I for say make thunder fire u but for Jesus sake I will leave u

Shut up
Re: Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). by fregeneh(m): 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak In Ibadan: Fuel Tanker Exploded. / Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch / Visit To Fela Kuti's Kalakuta Museum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.