Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? (22769 Views)

In Nigeria, 5 Habits That Can Make You Go Broke / Why Is It That Nigerians Don't Like Paying For Services. / Habits That You Need To Stop In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by atobs4real(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
Agent fees roo abnormal.
Fuel station petrol dispenser too corrupt.
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by NaughtyBrainiac: 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
Yahoo Yahoo
Hookup

3 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Lagosfinder(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hhhh
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by dododawa1: 12:56pm On Oct 17, 2023
Sparrk007:
Every month 5k for light Bill and I never use light sleep for the passed two years grin grin
2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by olisefom: 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
FreshNotemike:
When you start dealing with Nigerians individually, you'll see we're not all too different from the Leaders we complain about cheesy

This is so true.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by dododawa1: 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
Security Tipping

Police

Mr Bigg's

Bar

Area touts

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by backbone503(m): 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
WAEC/NECO exam malpractice

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Angelfrost(m): 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
Police Character Certificate that is 30k online... We reach State CID, and they bluntly refused to capture us till we paid additional 15k.

The whole police headquarters was a beehive and marketplace of unbridled and stinking CORRUPTION.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Heffalump(m): 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
Forgery

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Doris4ever(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
Whenever we have constant electricity like 24hrs for more than 2 days. I use to get worried that it's not normal. Because am used to darkness.

Another one is seeing policemen collecting money at every check point. Like it has become a norm.

Meanwhile
I'm an experience driver in Lagos. I need a car to drive on uber/bolt for weekly remittance.
Please if you have a car for me, quote me or check contact on my profile.

9 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Johnnynews: 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
See America Wonder - Adekunle Gold Reacts Seeing a Self-driving car in the US (video)

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPNaBByuKTw
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Monaboo(m): 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
University Graduates now see 20K salary per month as a privelidge.

I don't blame my fellow Nigerians Graduates.

That is what the government has turned the country into.

5 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Timoleon(m): 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2023
9jaloyalist:

I wonder how people keep falling for thesame strategy every time without learning from their mistakes, how can a country develop with such people occupying it, worst is they are the majority.

As long as we remain unlearned this politicians with keep using this strategy for forever on us.

Something they should be ashamed to campaign, is it not part of their responsibility before?

Sometimes I feel like this country is not mine💔🤦

Would you vote for someone who says I will not fix your roads, I will not fix power, I will not create employment opportunities, I will not fix the economy, I will not secure Nigerians... because this is the opposite of what you are saying.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by themanderon: 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2023
Certificate forgery, Criminality in government, worshiping and glorification of sudden wealth without questioning the source etc.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Alsenora: 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
Religious but morally despicable in conduct.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by MAYOWAAK: 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
If you were to ask a typical Nigerian about corruption, they would likely define it as "government officials stealing our money. However, this definition only focuses on one aspect of corruption and fails to acknowledge the various ways in which corruption manifests. For example, corruption can also be seen in a lecturer who makes it mandatory for students to purchase their books to pass their course, a journalist who demands payment for writing a story, or a company executive who awards contracts to themselves through intermediaries. Even NGOs, activists, lawyers, and individuals from various walks of life contribute to the corruption chain subtly. It is my belief, and I will continue to argue, that corruption does not suddenly arise the day someone joins the government. Rather, it is a process that begins in childhood and is gradually practiced in small increments until the individual gains positions of power and influence. Consider this: will a market woman who manipulates her scales suddenly become honest when she becomes a council chairman or commissioner?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by omokab: 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
Easyincome24:
You can imagine agent for house rent giving you bill like:

House rent - ₦2.5m

Service charge- ₦500k

Agreement- 10%

Commission - 10%

Damages - 10%.

Total package- ₦3,750,000.

And we think this is normal, no one is speaking against it. This is corruption itself, we the citizens are our own enemies.

What other things related to this have we all accepted to be normal?
pls dont come here and be spreading fake news . what belong to the agent in all what u mentioned Jere is 10% of 2.m which is 250k. Service belong to landlord and is what the tenant will have to pay either by bit or in bulk. Example is security fees and cleaning of the environment . legal fees belong to lawyer managing the house in case there is a conflict of interest . damaging also belong to the landlord and the tenant have right to claim it back if their is no any damages in the house when he's leaving the house .

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by luizpippo(m): 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
Easyincome24:
Beating traffic

Examination Miracle centres

Yahoo

False prophecies

NEPA always taking light

Always campaigning with "vote for me I will fix your road, I will create jobs for the Youth, I will give you 24 hours power supply, I will tackle insecurity".

Fuel attendants removing 50 Naira as "money for keg" but selling full amount for vehicles.

Bought 15k last Tuesday and had to pay 5h
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Darkseid(m): 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
Throwing dirt on the ground, I swear this one kills me. If I ever become the president, throwing even one sachet on the ground would be punishable by 2 years in prison without any option if fine angry angry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by BoldBrainz(m): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2023
From all the comments so far, thank god no one has made any demeaning remark about Okra soup, alcohol and weed.

Na there fight for burst!

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by blabulu2000: 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2023
Your wife doing hookups for a living...

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by zed7: 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2023
Begging and bribe is part of the culture now.
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Chochovini: 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2023
Forging of academic credentials is now normal in Nigeria. Especially if you‘re from iragbiji axis.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Obierika(m): 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2023
Easyincome24:
You can imagine agent for house rent giving you bill like:

House rent - ₦2.5m

Service charge- ₦500k

Agreement- 10%

Commission - 10%

Damages - 10%.

Total package- ₦3,750,000.

And we think this is normal, no one is speaking against it. This is corruption itself, we the citizens are our own enemies.

What other things related to this have we all accepted to be normal?

There's nothing corrupt about the breakdown you were given, it's just an offer so you either accept or you reject it.

If you can't afford a flat in Gbagada you move to Ikorodu! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by luizpippo(m): 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
Certificate forgery.

Ballot box snatching
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by icankel: 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
Forgery. From Mmesoma to Tinubu
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by F117nighthawk: 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
Is there anything that is normal norm again in the country called nigeria?only stupid things and abnormality reigns supreme in this system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by anungangampu: 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
Police openly collecting bribe in our roads.
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by ajepako(f): 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
1. Your pastor is a true man of God

2. Public schools charging ' development fees' is normal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Successlane: 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2023
Easyincome24:
Beating traffic

Examination Miracle centres

Yahoo

False prophecies

NEPA always taking light

Always campaigning with "vote for me I will fix your road, I will create jobs for the Youth, I will give you 24 hours power supply, I will tackle insecurity".

Fuel attendants removing 50 Naira as "money for keg" but selling full amount for vehicles.

Dat one no concern me, only the gullibles are affected.

But others, we are all in it.
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Successlane: 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
FreshNotemike:
When you start dealing with Nigerians individually, you'll see we're not all too different from the Leaders we complain about cheesy
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Lumarstone: 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
Those money FRSC officials collect from motorist on the Federal high ways

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Nigerians With Private Jets / Best Site To Buy Youtube Views / Nigeria: Military Reject 'highly Unpatriotic' Calls To Sabotage Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.