Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,566 members, 7,827,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Birthday Surprise Turns Bitter:soludo Backs Rival Monarch In Awka Kingship Clash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Birthday Surprise Turns Bitter:soludo Backs Rival Monarch In Awka Kingship Clash (229 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Another Monarch In Imo, Kill One / Governor Obaseki Recommended The Dethroning Of Uromi Monarch In 2016 - Edo APC / Plot To Impeach Ambode Intensifies As 57 LG Chairmen Backs Rival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Birthday Surprise Turns Bitter:soludo Backs Rival Monarch In Awka Kingship Clash by News1234: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2023
Anambra state governor, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, over the weekend, advised Chief Austin Ndigwe to shelve his ambition to become the traditional ruler of Awka kingdom, as the only government-recognised traditional ruler of Awka town is Igwe Gibson Nwosu, Eze-Uzu II.

Birthday Turns Sour for Awka Kingship Claimant, Uzu-Awka, as Guest, Soludo Affirms Another as Monarch

Soludo made the position clear over the weekend, when he attended the birthday celebration of Ndigwe at his home in Awka.

Ndigwe had been crowned as the Eze-Uzu III of Awka Kingdom by a segment of the community, even while the Eze-Uzu II was still alive, a development that had torn the community apart.

There is also the insinuation that the killings and cult-related activities in the town may not be unconnected with the traditional rulership tussle.

At Chief Ndigwe’s birthday celebration over the weekend, Governor Soludo told him to his face that the only government-recognised traditional ruler of the community is Obi Gibson Nwosu, urging him to stop parading himself as Igwe in the interest of peace and progress of the Kingdom.

The Governor pointed out that for lasting peace to return to Awka, Chief Ndigwe has a critical role to play alongside himself and other Awka indigenes.

“After my tenure as Governor, I will continue living in Awka.

“I want to tell this my friend, my very good friend of long standing years. When I ran for governor in 2009/10, his building was used as our campaign’s head office.

“He is a very good friend of mine, a longstanding one at that. I want to beg him because he has a big role to play in bringing lasting peace to Awka. I have a role to play in it too,” he said.

Continuing, Governor Soludo noted that he was aware that there were some issues in Awka town but said, “When he was inviting me to attend this event, I told him that I hope he wasn’t doing anything as Eze Awka.

“As Governor Anambra, there are rules on how a Traditional Ruler is recognised and whoever has the certificate of recognition is the Traditional Ruler. Once the community selects/elects someone, Government must issue the person with a certificate of recognition before he can be addressed as Eze/Igwe.

“Today in Awka, I know that what I want to say will not appeal to the fancy of most persons here because 99% of people here are supporters of my friend (Austin Ndigwe).

“But, the person with certificate of recognition as Eze Awka is Gibson Nwosu. And he’s the person that Government recognises as Eze Awka.”

He equally used the opportunity to appeal to his friend (Austin Ndigwe) to cool down as there were other things they could do together as longstanding allies.

“We need to understand that in whatever we are doing, we must die someday and as such, be mindful of what we are doing.

“People will only remember us when we are gone by the way we lived here.

“One day, I will be gone and same as everyone, but Awka kingdom and Anambra State will remain.

“So the only responsibility we have is to ensure that in our time, Awka and Anambra State finds peace in our own time,” he said.

The governor also used the opportunity to speak on his government’s numerous plans to transform Awka kingdom to a befitting capital city, noting that it is his vision to make Awka more liveable and prosperous.

Click link for more info on story and for trending news - https://thenews-chronicle.com/birthday-turns-sour-for-awka-kingship-claimant-uzu-awka-as-guest-soludo-affirms-another-as-monarch/

Re: Birthday Surprise Turns Bitter:soludo Backs Rival Monarch In Awka Kingship Clash by Cantonese: 10:03am On Oct 16, 2023
He said the honest truth.

Now Austin must take off the Igweship robe and wait. Soludo has the power to sack and he said the truth in all honesty.
Re: Birthday Surprise Turns Bitter:soludo Backs Rival Monarch In Awka Kingship Clash by Betanaija42moro: 10:23am On Oct 16, 2023
I'm beginning to like this Soludo.
Obi Gibson, Eze Uzu II has been the Igwe with the certificate for a long time now. He's over 90years now. Why can't they wait?

(1) (Reply)

Congratulations To The Mother Of Edo State And The Most Prolific First Lady In N / PTDF Appointment: Group Hails Ahmed Galadima Aminu’s Choice / Israel-gaza War: Nigeria, Others Vote In Favour Of Immediate Ceasefire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.