Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) (2803 Views)

How Scammers Defrauded Me Of ₦‎4,510,500 - Tolulope Ezekiel / How Scammers From Europe Use Phones To Cheat People In Africa / Scammers Are Using Dooshima Dennis, Pretty Female Firefighter's Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Blogsphere: 10:56am On Oct 16, 2023
Please be careful out there.

So last week someone supposedly called Mary, reached out to me that's she's a digital blar blar and from WILDFUSION (I know this brand but I wasn't such they were into such activity).

See screen shots:

Cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Share

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Blogsphere: 11:03am On Oct 16, 2023
She requested for some details, contact sent me a link and said I should just view video and after that I should message their finance department on TELEGRAM (https:///Lisa6325) to continue and claim my fee..

So i messaged the so called Lisa.

Then she added me to a group, Benny manages said i will get involved in a particular task and when I am done, I should send in a screen shot as proof that I did.

Like play, like play, I did the first two task which has a reward of #600.

The money was sent, then to me it was becoming real and too good to be true.

I forgot to mention that, the guy from WhatsApp said if I complete a task that I will be able to comment on the telegram group. I did the tast and still yet they didn't allow me comment. That was the first red flag.

Then came to ask three... I was was sent a link (https://jobmagnet.top), then was told to create an account and send money to a particular account that I will get a percentage profit back. They had different options...

See screen shot:

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Babangidapikin: 11:09am On Oct 16, 2023
+243978357515 this one too just used the same format..I just block the mofo .. because someone has been trying to phish me all this while.

1 Like

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Blogsphere: 11:11am On Oct 16, 2023
This is the link to the group which is still locked so no way to even reply anyone.

I think everyone that's an admin in that group are all scammers and they make it look like they are truly receiving money becuse they post alert evidence.

1 Like

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Blogsphere: 11:13am On Oct 16, 2023
More screen shot..

Plesee be careful out there

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Blogsphere: 11:14am On Oct 16, 2023
More

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Blogsphere: 11:21am On Oct 16, 2023
She kept saying I must finsih task 4 which is to send the money to a particular account via a link..

Also, I noticed the account changes almost every day when you refresh the page..

They are all scammers. PLEASE BE CAREFUL..

You can report the website to be taken down via : https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/section/about-this-website/report-scam-website

PS: WILDFUSION is a reputable digital company, these fraudsters just go about using their names.

WILDFUSION also released a statement saying they have no had in such activities.

Please be careful and make due diligence before embarking on something that has to do with financial commitment.

PS: SHPAY is a scam

1 Like

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Blogsphere: 11:31am On Oct 16, 2023
Here are some pictures they all post on the group to deceive people that they really receive alert

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Blogsphere: 11:31am On Oct 16, 2023
All fakes and lies

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Kestolove(m): 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
Who notice all the people that claim to receive money are Iyamiri people. Stay away from criminals, fraudsters, scammers stay away from iyamiri people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by aieromon(m): 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
Blogsphere:
This is the link to the group which is still locked so no way to even reply anyone.

I think everyone that's an admin in that group are all scammers and they make it look like they are truly receiving money becuse they post alert evidence.

Same scam format here. Thanks for spreading the word.

https://www.nairaland.com/7878635/alert-numbers-62-promising-jobs
Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by GodHimself: 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2023
This seems like a lot of work by people with above average intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Texcyndy: 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
They use different tactics. Anyone that mistakenly cross my path, I swear for them. No time grin

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by steeltrust: 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
Telegram is a beam of fraudsters
Na there be the head quarters of fraud for Nigeria

Anything on telegram are all fraud
Do business there at your own risk

1 Like

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Passionnn: 7:47am On Oct 17, 2023
Kestolove:
Who notice all the people that claim to receive money are Iyamiri people. Stay away from criminals, fraudsters, scammers stay away from iyamiri people.
Of all the information provided here the only part that tickles your fancy is the tribal part?
Scammers are everywhere. In every tribe.
Most don't use their real names. Yoruba scammers use Igbo names and vice versa. Stop thinking through your anus.

3 Likes

Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Meteng: 11:12am On Oct 17, 2023
Kestolove:
I was just wondering about the coincidence
Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by Akaegwu(m): 8:22am On Oct 18, 2023
Meteng:
I was just wondering about the coincidence
That's what the Ronu people do. They will use other tribes names to hide their identity. if you want to confirm. reply their massage with deep local version that Google can't translate.
Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by sharpwriter(m): 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2023
Blogsphere:
She kept saying I must finsih task 4 which is to send the money to a particular account via a link..

Also, I noticed the account changes almost every day when you refresh the page..

They are all scammers. PLEASE BE CAREFUL..

You can report the website to be taken down via : https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/section/about-this-website/report-scam-website

PS: WILDFUSION is a reputable digital company, these fraudsters just go about using their names.

WILDFUSION also released a statement saying they have no had in such activities.

Please be careful and make due diligence before embarking on something that has to do with financial commitment.

PS: SHPAY is a scam
Lol.... dem don reach yur side too? Someone contacted me, with indonesian number on whatsapp (no dp) talking about one AfricaOnNetflix bla bla, I just told him not interested. But he urged the work is simple and na review something. The moment he mentioned salary and said 600 naira, I know say na our naija people.

I contacted their finance officer and I started with watching a video for some seconds on the AfricaOnNetflix ... I collected 600 naira.

The followind day, I did task i and 2, and got 600 naira again cheesy And I am to continue to task 3 and 4, and na to deposit money in various levels for a cash back.

Me already know say I no go ever part with my money give anyone grin if dem like make the cash back be 1 million cheesy I just kno say na scam tinx. And they will be commenting rapidly on the group about how they have gotten their cash backs etc.
One of the red flag there is that the admin said none in the group should contact one another cheesy yeye people.

Anyways, me don use their N1200 for sub, grin na me gain grin
Re: ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) by kajog: 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2023
Too long, how does d scam end, like how do they get d fella to pay momey

(1) (Reply)

Wharf In Apapa, Lagos Turns To Prostitute And Drug Dealer Hideout - See Pictures / He Commit Suicide After Talking About His Death On Facebook (photos) / Beggar Found Dead With Over $1 Million Dollars In Her Possession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.