Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Breaking The Entry Barriers In Cassava Chips Production Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Breaking The Entry Barriers In Cassava Chips Production Business (266 Views)

#Sundayspecialwitholucassava: "The 'K' Factor In Cassava Production" / FG Commences Refined Cassava Chips Exports / How To Make Money From Plantain Flour Production Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking The Entry Barriers In Cassava Chips Production Business by Pafetkazzy: 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2023
BREAKING THE ENTRY BARRIERS IN CASSAVA CHIPS PRODUCTION BUSINESS

Some three years ago, accessing low cost chipping machine in Nigeria was a big task. The offers that we had were always from China and the landing cost in dollars is enough to scare prospective investors away. The few locally available ones were sold at N500,000 and above.

This is a medium size Cassava Chipping Machine, running on a petrol engine of Xhp. It can process between 7-10 tons within 8 working hours, consuming an average of 10 litre of petrol during this period. It costs N250,000 but if your bargaining is good, you can get it for N235,000.

Demand for cassava Chips for local and export supply is fastly increasing in Nigeria, which has triggered the need to develop its cluster production in localities where cassava cultivation is in abundance. Cluster production, which enables volume aggregation helps attract big buyers into an area.

Production of cassava Chips is a veritable social enterprise that helps improve living standard of women, who are the main actors in the cassava chips manual drying process. Such agrarian community becomes open to social and economic development.

We are now approaching the dry season, which present opportunity to cheaply and conveniently dehydrate and produce large quantity of chips for the available market demands. One can as well dry the chips during this season and store against next raining season when the price becomes higher.

If you are in need of cassava chips of good quality in large quantity, feel free to contact me. If you also need an assistance in putting up this operation in your farm area, I am at your service.

For those who still mistake cassava Chips as edible snacks like plantain and potato chips, NO, it is not. Cassava chips is an intermediate product of cassava origin, largely produced and demanded as raw material in Ethanol production and livestock feed production.

If you need more information about setting up this low start up business, feel free to contact me.

Hopefully very soon, our local Engineers and Technicians will have a breakthrough on cheap technologies to manufacture effective, efficient and affordable mechanical dehydrator, to completely balance the full mechanized production of cassava chips in Nigeria.

God no go shame us.

Kazeem Lamidi

https:///2348100975775
Re: Breaking The Entry Barriers In Cassava Chips Production Business by Supernatural19: 2:36pm On Oct 28, 2023
350 a res of cassava farm available for harvest sale in Edo State
WhatsApp +2347068293478 if interested
Re: Breaking The Entry Barriers In Cassava Chips Production Business by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 10:31am On Oct 29, 2023
I can help people to fabricate efficient and effective cassava chip drying machine
Using the sun for drying is no business at all because it has limitations it may be cheaper but it takes longer time to sry, it is very laborious, stressful, it will contain dust it will contain Small pieces of stones, the drying may not be uniform, may not be neat and one cannot do it sustainably commercially only on small or medium scale basis.

If you want to do it commercially then you must invest money in machines purchase which cannot be cheap because we don't produce mild steel iron in Nigeria as of the year 2023 but there is a way one can still use a 300kg capacity dryer to produce high tonnes per week if you understand the principle/science of drying.

Please contact Engr Gbenga Oluwasegun Boluwajoko on WhatsApp or call on 08120528950
I am base in ibadan Oyo State
Re: Breaking The Entry Barriers In Cassava Chips Production Business by realadesco(m): 10:43am On Oct 29, 2023
Can I get plantain chips machine, peeling, cutting and frying machine

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Cocoa Suplier In Cross River / Rice Bran Available For Sale / Agro Foodstuffs Export & Link To Foreign Buyers In Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.