Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students (30220 Views)

Abuja To Reorganize Taxi Ranks, Introduce CNG Buses For Mass Transit / Updated Cost Of Transport Around Lagos Major Routes For Workers / Cost Of Transport Around Lagos Major Routes For Workers - Cotenant.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by tayo4ng(m): 10:29am On Oct 17, 2023
Wat about those who are not workers
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by naturallysimple(m): 10:31am On Oct 17, 2023
Please don't make it free. It better to subsidies it or lower the transport fair than make it free. Once people get use to free thing, it will be difficult to reverse. I pray their is a good maintenance culture. We need more governor to work to mass transit. God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by Mccullum: 10:34am On Oct 17, 2023
Good gesture from the governor.
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by reddingtonblack: 10:35am On Oct 17, 2023
SmartyPants:

What parts exactly do they import, and where from?

What part do you think they produced here, lets start from there

1 Like

Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by GENES11S: 10:35am On Oct 17, 2023
Tobihabeeb:
Free things in this country is of no use. Why not charge little amount for maintenance, refuelling and management cost, at least it will help prolong the durability of the program.

Well said.
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by LordBillionz: 10:37am On Oct 17, 2023
Tobihabeeb:
Free things in this country is of no use. Why not charge little amount for maintenance, refuelling and management cost, at least it will help prolong the durability of the program.

You're right. But even if they do, the management will still be a problem. Sullivan did same during his time in Enugu but it only survived up to the half of his second tenure and it was dead. But for 6 years, we did enjoy the cheap amount the charged which I presume was for maintenance.
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by Jungleluv5: 10:37am On Oct 17, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
PHOTONEWS : Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students | #IgbereTV

The Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) buses procured by the Government of Ebonyi State for workers and students have hit the road this morning.

The Commissioner for Works and Transport, SSA to the Governor on Transport, SA to the Governor on student’s affairs all joined hands in coordinating it this morning.

It is meant to convey workers to Centenary City, and students to various campuses of Ebonyi State University, FUNAI, and both workers and students to College of Education, Ikwo, FREE OF CHARGE.

Thank you, Your Excellency, Rt. Hon. Francis Ogbonna Nwifuru, for this PALLIATIVE.

Credit : Leo Ekene Oketa
Special Assistant to the Governor On New Media
This is a good one let's patronize Nigeria products and let us improve our economy this is a gov by example but our national legislator are anti economy by purchasing foreign product e.g Toyota product why not innoson products they are all anti Nigeria
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by Tonytonex(m): 10:38am On Oct 17, 2023
This is very good.
Patronizing our indigenous products.
IVM to the world.
God bless that governor.
Others should emulate
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by wanted222(m): 10:42am On Oct 17, 2023
LikeAking:

Only one bus?

so its only one bus you saw there? shege dan buru uba banza akwuya
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by Obiedun(m): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2023
yarimo:
This is very commendable from ebonyi state hard working governor in reality, unlike social media governor of ABIA state undecided
Labour party is a party of lies, falsehood, intimidation, blackmail, frustration and intimidation.
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by achi4u(m): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2023
I love the Buses and they're all doing fine.

But I want our governor to at least build roads in rural areas of the state to cover where Dave stopped.

Ebonyi state is blessed already.
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by Flamengo: 10:46am On Oct 17, 2023
Varunpulyani:

Ebonyi is still backwards amongst the eastern states because of pride
Collect

Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by yemmywesey(m): 10:48am On Oct 17, 2023
Why should it be free, awoof dey run belle.
Passengers must pay for their individual trips.
The government should have handed the buses to a private firm to manage.
Because after few months now, the bus will be developing faults and replacement of parts cost a lot of money, will the maintenance department go to alausa or aso rock to gets funds for parts replacement.
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by tfelicityk(m): 10:49am On Oct 17, 2023
He really learned from the past administration and he was part of it.
The state needs manufacturing industries. There are lot untapped resources in that state. The state can shock the Nation and it neighboring countries by producing Batteries of all kinds, pencils, iron rods, cements and so on if they invest in manufacturing industries or call investors to come and invest.
Yes, problem of insecurity can be curtailed completely if all the south east states governors speak in one voice to eradicate it.
May God increase in wisdom to deliver his good mandates to the state and Nigerians.
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by SmartyPants(m): 10:53am On Oct 17, 2023
reddingtonblack:

What part do you think they produced here, lets start from there

We cant start from there. Take it that i don't know anything at all about Innoson. I am asking to leanr from you.

Since you've alleged that they import and assemble then it means you must have knowledge of the facts of how they conduct their operations.

Or were you speculating?
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by Dubetex96(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2023
Tobihabeeb:

Exactly my thoughts it will help a lot. it was lack of maintenance that killed the previous ones bought by obiano during his regime
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by Ozommadu: 10:57am On Oct 17, 2023
SoNature:
Ebubu, this is the kind of thread I expect you to create because Dave Umahi left a big challenge for his successor. Show the world that Francis Nwifuru is working hard to continue with Dave's great works.

You think that impostor is from ebonyi state? Someone who's been calling southeast "sad yeast"?

someone who can't wait to praise yorubas and denigrate igbos? Someone who tries to cause division in southeast when he knows Simon ekpa is from ebonyi state??

You think he's ebonyi?? Rethink again
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by phkka1(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2023
This is the real palliative.
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by wunmi590(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2023
Tobihabeeb:

You are on point, I was about saying this, he should have either deduct 5-7k from their salary monthly, as monthly subscription fee, and a card will be given to them, to enter, anybody who doesn't have the card will not be allowed, because I know some of them will pack their family members inside and tell the driver, they will stop in the next bus stop
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by triplechoice(m): 11:02am On Oct 17, 2023
Freezyhot:

Refuelling...?! Na wa o... CNG buses..?

He's very correct .

Gas ,oil ,coal ,wood etc are different types of fuel .

And feul is anything consumed to produce energy .
Before you mock someone make you know first .

1 Like

Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by irumanle(m): 11:02am On Oct 17, 2023
Tobihabeeb:

My thought exactly.
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 17, 2023
Freezyhot:

Refuelling...?! Na wa o... CNG buses..?

Maintenance Maybe. Dude is on point.
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by donmik: 11:10am On Oct 17, 2023
Tobihabeeb:

👍
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by Lumarstone: 11:10am On Oct 17, 2023
Good one from Ebonyi governor. Let it be decentralized to every part of the state!
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by Willie2015: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2023
Infojames:
This is commendable

Give if 5 years...
U see it abandoned in one govt agencies compound..
Let these guys focus on building rails
across regions...
This is the real solution to fuel subsidy removal...
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by inforesource: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2023
Tobihabeeb:

Many times these guys don't do analytical thinking or even common thinking before they do things. Instead, everything is based on emotion, politics, or just out of common sense. A little fare is ok. If cost of a distance is N100, you can charge N50 or 30. This will really help to sustain the program if it is utilized well
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by CHM11: 11:26am On Oct 17, 2023
Tobihabeeb:

That's why we pay tax. It can be free for a while. Lower the entry barrier to drive traffic so when you introduce the cost recovery equivalent as fee, you already have a loyal user base.
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by Flamengo: 11:28am On Oct 17, 2023
Pace of infrastructural development would surely pick up in Ebonyi because of abundance of Granites and Chippings and they are being extracted by the Chinese, though not oil producing but it has this in commercial quantity.

Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by Amaggedon: 11:39am On Oct 17, 2023
Varunpulyani:

They are backwards because of pride.

Make the term used

PRIDE

If they removed pride it will blossom

Enugu had shoulder high for a long time infact after the civil war Enugu was the hub of easterners.

Then till 1996 what changed? Nothing.

They learned and gave varsity a chance for other to help .

Enugu today is progressing.

Ebonyi for an example was told not to build an airport because it will yield absolutely zero traffic, but it was taken out of context used to chanllenge other states.

Today how far ? Money dumped
Ordinarily you're not supposed to be making such comparison , i don't know what made you to compare ebonyi and enugu in the first place when everyone knew knew that ebonyi was part of lga in both abia and enugu. Enugu is even the capital of the SE by default so i dont get were that comparism is coming from . Talking about creation of ebonyi airport i never supported the idea in the first place , i feel it was untimely for ebonyi state to have an airport and not because of its proximity to enugu airport rather i felt human capital developement was needed more than the airport so as creat more wealthy ebonyians instead of a moribund airport.
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by reddingtonblack: 11:46am On Oct 17, 2023
SmartyPants:

We cant start from there. Take it that i don't know anything at all about Innoson. I am asking to leanr from you.

Since you've alleged that they import and assemble then it means you must have knowledge of the facts of how they conduct their operations.

Or were you speculating?

its not a must you learn from me, we will in a jet age you can research online and come up with facts on your own. Meself be olodo i look up to google
Re: Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students by SmartyPants(m): 11:49am On Oct 17, 2023
reddingtonblack:

its not a must you learn from me, we will in a jet age you can research online and come up with facts on your own. Meself be olodo i look up to google

I should "make" research online abouy Innoson's operations? Where online would they have such info??

You mean Innoson publishes his business operations online? That's amazing.

I'm sure you get the point. There's no point running someone's business down when you don't even know anything about that business at all.

What's your aim?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Volkswagen Falls Into Gutter At Dopemu Lagos Due To Bad Tyre (Photos) / See Moment A Woman Was Dragged By A Moving Train After Her Sari Got Stuck / London Riot Pls Post Pics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.