Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo (23251 Views)

Thief Stabs Young Man To Death In Abuja, Flees With His Bike And Phone (Photos) / Nigerian Man Shoots Wife, Kills Her Mother, Flees With 3-Month-Old Son In US / Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by NCBLOG: 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2023
The Ogun State Police Command has arrested a credit officer of a microfinance bank, Esther Hamidu, after allegedly fleeing with customers’ contributions totalling N1.97m.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Hamidu absconded with the daily contribution of the bank’s customers which spanned between March and December 2023.

Our correspondent learnt that a branch manager of the bank in Abeokuta, the state capital, who discovered that the contribution had not been remitted, reported the matter to the police.

After several failed attempts to make the suspect remit the contribution, Hamidu was said to have disappeared into thin air despite police efforts to arrest her.

However, a source in the state police command who did not want to be mentioned in print said the suspect had been apprehended.

While confirming her arrest to PUNCH Metro on Saturday, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Omolola Odutola, said the suspect was arrested in Ibadan, Oyo State capital, on Friday.

“Yes, she has been arrested. She has been transferred from Ibadan, where she was arrested, to Ogun State. She has confessed to the crime. She could not explain what she did with the money,” Odutola told PUNCH Metro on Sunday.

Source: https://punchng.com/ogun-bank-official-flees-with-n1-97m-arrested-in-oyo/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by NCBLOG: 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2023
Because Of Money that is less than 2million

Don't Forget, Bring This BAD NEWS

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by Shapeaso: 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2023
Oh lawd!.. They swear for Ogun people? Can't something good come out from Ogun? shocked shocked

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by atiku4President(m): 3:33pm On Oct 17, 2023
These people again?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by superCleanworks(m): 3:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
do people still steal less than 200 million in this country? Where can you run with 1.9m?

55 Likes

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by NCBLOG: 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
Shapeaso:
Oh lawd!.. They swear for Ogun people? Can't something good come out from Ogun? shocked shocked

See More Bad News @ www.. com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by Jeon(f): 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2023
grin
Awesome Nigerian Man.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2023
NCBLOG:
Update From . COM

The Ogun State Police Command has arrested a credit officer of a microfinance bank, Esther Hamidu, after allegedly fleeing with customers’ contributions totalling N1.97m.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Hamidu absconded with the daily contribution of the bank’s customers which spanned between March and December 2023.

Our correspondent learnt that a branch manager of the bank in Abeokuta, the state capital, who discovered that the contribution had not been remitted, reported the matter to the police.

After several failed attempts to make the suspect remit the contribution, Hamidu was said to have disappeared into thin air despite police efforts to arrest her.

However, a source in the state police command who did not want to be mentioned in print said the suspect had been apprehended.

While confirming her arrest to PUNCH Metro on Saturday, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Omolola Odutola, said the suspect was arrested in Ibadan, Oyo State capital, on Friday.

“Yes, she has been arrested. She has been transferred from Ibadan, where she was arrested, to Ogun State. She has confessed to the crime. She could not explain what she did with the money,” Odutola told PUNCH Metro on Sunday.

Source: https://punchng.com/ogun-bank-official-flees-with-n1-97m-arrested-in-oyo/

Ogun 1.97M lo gbe dey Oyo

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by Creamypie(m): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
There poverty in Nigeria, but APC bastards lack the strength to say it loud because of poverty caused by APC has taken all their hope in life sotey 1.7 million wey no reach yahoo boy lodge for hotel for 2 months Naim a whole bank official take abscond. What a shame

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by Addme: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
superCleanworks:
do people still steal less than 200 million in this country? Where can you run with 1.9m?
Unfortunately for her, she may not even be able to account for N200,000 since it's contribution spanning close to 9 months.
Probably she was using the money bit by bit as it was coming in with the hope to repay later until the money accumulated to that amount.
People that can't hold people's money without touching it should desist from working in that kind of set-up
It's a time bomb for people like that. It may take time but it will eventually happen.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by wittywriter: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
Banker ?

Wittyness
Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by obojememe: 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
1.9m mumu man
Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by TANID(m): 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
superCleanworks:
imagine Just 1.9m

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by NCBLOG: 5:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
TANID:
imagine Just 1.9m

Nothing Good Come Easy, My Brother ooooo

Think About This And Thank

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by Agricmoney(m): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
Honesty is the best policy therefore say no to crime

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by Skillsnigeria: 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by GboyegaD(m): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
The media in recent times is not encouraging. How come the article reads from March to December 2023? It makes it difficult to trust the reputation of the story.

That said, may our greed not overcome us. Why on earth would a reasonable person who can work steal from others? Good the law has caught up with her if the story is true.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by Dshocker(m): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hahaha..... Because of N1.9m someone decides to be foolish and stupid.

Like, what can N1.9m do for you, that would warrant you to dent your image?

She is so cheap 🤌

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by Abolodje: 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
This banker foolish, ontop 2m wey be like 20k now

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by Williamjack9288: 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
Good Evening

No playing If you don’t love free money then skip this, but if you need urgent money for bills not much then read below

Screenshot below no playing

Even if some of you have received the money and still did not send me my share I won’t stop helping and I appreciate those that reach out and send me part of the money, if I have any more updates I will let you know

For those that have not yet heard about it or don’t know how to receive their own read below

Palmpay Nigeria Support Fund Campaign Just Started and they are still giving away 20,000 naira instantly and you can withdraw it anytime you want, it for new user that join them using the campaign link only without doing any task or referring anyone it free.

But old user l can benefit too by using another phone number to register as a new user and collect the reward too,.

Note you must use the verify campaign link before you are qualified to get the reward, don’t worry I will drop the campaign link for you guys but once you receive the money you will give me my percent for showing you this update ooo

When you receive the 20,000 you will send me 5k out of it for showing you this update so when I find another one I will be happy to post it here

When you Click below link you will be taken to a Facebook post, you will find the verify campaign link in the Facebook post and use it to register, hurry now don’t miss this opportunity as e de hot…. Once you receive the money and you want to send me my own share as appreciation then send it to this account

OPay 8.1.8.1.5.5.3.4.7

Click below Facebook post link

https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid0phK4azx6o7QCeop31J9tSaPdWcXQs8JZgDjUE6JnLpMcTHAka4XgoMEEEUSyrQ1kl/?mibextid=cr9u03

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by southsouthking(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
What men can do, women can do more better.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by MS247: 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
Mumu
Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by Ade1177: 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
Below $2k

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by APOPTOSIS: 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
Ordinary 1.9M....
What will happen when she's in charge of 19M or 119M?

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by Ejyksneh(m): 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
Nothing good can come out from south WAST.E, they are all swindlers including young and old.

The worst of them are the head slammers, religion of pieces.

Allah akBOOM!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Bank Official Flees With ₦‎1.97m, Arrested In Oyo by KpukpuyekePikin(f): 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
Na dem. Rice and plantain bandits on the beat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DPO, Scores Killed In Adamawa By Fulani Gunmen / Man Shot And Hacked To Death By Cultists In Renewed Gang War In Calabar. Photos / Female Accountant Runs With Employer’s N747,400 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.