Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,249 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway (15838 Views)

Epidemic Looms As Refuse Overruns Anambra Roads / NLC Gives FG, Ogun 21 Days To Fix Lagos–Abeokuta Highway / Ogun Residents Lament As Refuse Takes Over Streets And Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by Spending123: 7:11am On Oct 18, 2023
Omihanifa:
The situation is thesame all over the country

But Tinubu corn merchants won't allow us to rest if this kind of news emanates from the
East.

1 Like

Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by bewla(m): 7:11am On Oct 18, 2023
duduade:
Aunty Sade Sidon for office dey yarn rubbish... No enter the streets of Lagos and do something about the overwhelming refuse across Lagos
na ugbokwe we give that office too
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by Hespee93: 7:14am On Oct 18, 2023
ican2020:

Stop generalizing is wrong

He si stating the fact.
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by Vick6y: 7:15am On Oct 18, 2023
The situation is everywhere

1 Like

Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by killsmith(f): 7:35am On Oct 18, 2023
Varunpulyani:
Palm oil and Ewedu people are pigs

Full blown pigs i say .

If you see them cooking you will prefer the refuse .

Especially the ones with new kids
Their restaurants are always dirty. Always cooking close to where their kids poop.

2 Likes

Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by Menclothing: 7:37am On Oct 18, 2023
Each local government should be able to take care of waste management with efficient monthly compulsion in payment
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by Angelfrost(m): 7:42am On Oct 18, 2023
Forget... Most Nigerians are dirty and filthy as fvck.

I used to think it was a leadership failure but I have since realized it isn't.

I have seen government officials create proper sanitary waste disposal systems, only for residents to leave the refuse containers or sites, and fling trash anywhere else... Some will even dump the refuse on the ground, right beside the empty refuse or waste bins.

When I visited Owerri and Umuahia, I wondered if it's the same God that created their citizens and those in Uyo (Akwa-Ibom)... Smh!

1 Like

Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by Testimony1988(m): 7:42am On Oct 18, 2023
Omihanifa:
The situation is thesame all over the country
Yes.
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by almarthins(m): 7:52am On Oct 18, 2023
TajuDEENaMao:

https://punchng.com/concerns-as-refuse-takes-over-lagos-abeokuta-highway/?amp
put undercover police there with camera. Dem go catch people tire.
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by mywells: 7:59am On Oct 18, 2023
Ogun state is trash and the governor too is trashed.

1 Like

Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by mozona(m): 8:02am On Oct 18, 2023
is normal in Nigeria.
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by abobote: 8:08am On Oct 18, 2023
Nigeria is a useless country, government is collecting tax from the market, but they can't take care of the refused from the market

1 Like

Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by JohnnA1: 8:08am On Oct 18, 2023
Angelfrost:

I have seen government officials create proper sanitary waste disposal systems, only for residents to leave the refuse containers or sites, and fling trash anywhere else... Some will even dump the refuse on the ground, right beside the empty refuse or waste bins.

When I visited Owerri and Umuahia, I wondered if it's the same God that created their citizens and those in Uyo (Akwa-Ibom)... Smh!
LOL 😂
This is funny.
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by princetom1(m): 8:08am On Oct 18, 2023
Omihanifa:

Mention one state in nigeria where you wont see heaps of refuse on the main road. Even the Federal capital territory is not exempted from this.

Osun state
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by chukwuma234: 8:13am On Oct 18, 2023
Omihanifa:

Mention one state in nigeria where you wont see heaps of refuse on the main road. Even the Federal capital territory is not exempted from this.

Mention the states that you have visited and saw refuse on the highways?

Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by Jostoman: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2023
Racoon:
Meanwhile, the concern were narrowed down to only Ladipo, Balogun and Onyigbo markets.
they need money to pay salary
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by illuminutty: 8:18am On Oct 18, 2023
Na normal thing here. Very dirty people.
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by stasius: 8:23am On Oct 18, 2023
The same thing is happening in Enugu at the Ugwu Onyeama axis. The refuse dump there is nauseating!
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by juman(m): 8:34am On Oct 18, 2023
Always remember that ogun governor is a bad governor.
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by dominique(f): 8:49am On Oct 18, 2023
That bus stop is always a mess! And the irony of it is that there's a massive dumpsite less than a km away. The state govt needs to shutdown the market causing the mess till or are they afraid of the Aboki traders ní?
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by GodHimself: 9:01am On Oct 18, 2023
Centralized planning doesn’t work. It’s unnatural and you’ll never see it in nature.

Even the so called developed countries…you have to live in them to understand the level decay.

TajuDEENaMao:

https://punchng.com/concerns-as-refuse-takes-over-lagos-abeokuta-highway/?amp
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by NoToPile: 9:04am On Oct 18, 2023
The problem with waste management in Lagos is residents do not want to pay for refuse management, they want it to be free hence they carry their waste to the median and junctions.

Same with petty traders, shops even markets.

Can govt bear the cost of these, no way.

Until a clamp down is done on erring residents we keep having the same problem.

Even some of those viewing this thread are culprits.
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by LZAA: 9:04am On Oct 18, 2023
Racoon:
Meanwhile, the concern were narrowed down to only Ladipo, Balogun and Onyigbo markets.
Everybody want heebo money na😄😄😄😄😄
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by MikeEghator: 9:07am On Oct 18, 2023

Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by InvertedHammer: 9:10am On Oct 18, 2023
/

Black people and affinity to dirty environment irrespective of location is what nobody can explain.

Walk into any city anywhere in the world that is predominantly black, the dirty story is the same.

/
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by Caleb15(m): 9:28am On Oct 18, 2023
Infestation of baby transformation this here is a big boys zone
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by SeriouslySense(m): 10:05am On Oct 18, 2023
We neglect our environemnt, therefore we neglect ourselves.

Its starts form how we dispose waste, from each one of us, we ought to be disciplined in managing waste.

Waste can be transformed or managed.

InvertedHammer:
/

Black people and affinity to dirty environment irrespective of location is what nobody can explain.

Walk into any city anywhere in the world that is predominantly black, the dirty story is the same.

/
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by homosapien(m): 10:13am On Oct 18, 2023
Racoon:

Just like the concern of Abia state government is the cattle market at Lokpanta
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by RedAlert08(m): 10:45am On Oct 18, 2023
Na normal yorobbbbber way na. People wey dirtiness na part of their culture and tradition.
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by RedAlert08(m): 10:48am On Oct 18, 2023
Omihanifa:

so, this is all you could come up with? Na sawdust full your brain.
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by irunoko(m): 10:56am On Oct 18, 2023
yinkus6750:
That axis has been a major refuse dump.
From the market users, to general waste from neighborhood residents.
The government should concentrate attention towards clearing the debris at all times.
Can also ensure people don't dump refuse anyhow on the road.
so the residents of that area cannot keep their environment clean, they are waiting, they are waiting on Government to clean up their own environment for them.awon obun shio shio

Small time Una go soon call your local government chairman make he wash your toilet
Re: Concerns As Refuse Takes Over Lagos-Abeokuta Highway by Simdyofficial(f): 10:58am On Oct 18, 2023
Ventura1:
You are a bigot, Ile èpo market was also shut for three weeks.
till now? That place ehn. E worst. The water there self fit give person hiv

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Decree 4 Was Promulgated In 1984 To Shield Buhari's Corrupt Past / FG Refuses To Appeal Ruling Against Kashamu’s Extradition / Kokori, N-delta APC Leaders Stoking My Row With EFCC —tompolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.