Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,217 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each (260 Views)

Governor Nwifuru Empowers 500 Ebonyians With ₦‎2 Million Each (Photos) / Orakwue Arinze: 60 Per Cent Of Hawkers In Italy Are Nigerian Girls / Deji Adeyanju: "Youths That Visited Aso Rock Got N2M Each"- Bashir Ahmad Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each by SoNature(m): 4:27am On Oct 18, 2023
Governor Francis Nwifuru of Ebonyi State yesterday empowered over 500 Ebonyi people hawking in various cities across in the country with N2 million naira to help them improve in their businesses.

Flagging off empowerment of 500 indigenes of the state in Abakaliki, Nwifuru noted that the 500 persons would be trained in various skills by the state government and empowered with N2million each after the training.

Nwifuru who took time to narrate his humble beginning as a bricklayer before he became the governor, urged the people of the state to engage in meaningful ventures from where they may be promoted to higher level the way he did and became the governor. He implored the beneficiaries to use the opportunity to learn skills that can enhance their standard of living.

He said “I wear your shoes and I know where it pinches. I suffered a lot, I passed through hurdles, I passed through stages of life and I now realized that those stages I passed is because God wants to equip me”.

“I made myself available for God to equip me. So, it is now a challenge to most of our leaders, to most of our youths today to make yourselves available today for God to equip you”.

“Its not easy for a young man to be a bricklayer, its not easy and I decided to make myself available. Today, you are here to learn skills, you have good skills but that skills refused to put food on your tables”.

“This is why we have lots of skill development centres here and we said you should come and learn some other skills which can put foods on your tables, even without much struggles you will see food on your tables”.

“Some of you have what you are doing that you need only some little support, then you can grow it very well and that is why you are here so, it is not by force that you learn skill if you have what you are doing that is very much enormous to feed you”.

The State Commissioner for Commerce, Industry and Business Development, Chief Oguzor Offia- Nwali told journalists that the state government was targeting 1,5000 people of the state for the empowerment programme.

On his part, the Commissioner for Trade and Investment, Nnanna Elechi, said the empowerment progarmme was Governor Nwifuru’s desire to liberate the indigenes of the state who are hustling in the streets of Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, Aba, Port-Harcourt and other cities in the country.

He added that the training and empowerment programme was in line with the charter of needs manifesto of the present administration in the state.

https://guardian.ng/news/ebonyi-empowers-500-hawkers-in-various-cities-with-n2m-each/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each by DonMarkuzi(m): 4:29am On Oct 18, 2023
Nice one.
Re: Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each by SoNature(m): 4:30am On Oct 18, 2023
Ebonyi State is getting her leadership right. This is the kind of news I want to read about this state. Let's get those boys off the streets. Well done, Governor Francis.

I want Akwa Ibom State government to emulate this too. Those people suffer so much whereas they come from a stinking-rich state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each by fourboys: 4:31am On Oct 18, 2023
This is so nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each by Morbeta11(m): 4:44am On Oct 18, 2023
Correct SME empowerment..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each by allcomage: 4:55am On Oct 18, 2023
Not 10k empowerment by shameless federal government. Not kano state that married for its jobless citizens. This is real empowerment, tomorrow when they succeed, their counterparts in other states will say it's money rituals.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each by BUSINESSMAN2: 5:14am On Oct 18, 2023
SoNature:
Governor Francis Nwifuru of Ebonyi State yesterday empowered over 500 Ebonyi people hawking in various cities across in the country with N2 million naira to help them improve in their businesses.

Flagging off empowerment of 500 indigenes of the state in Abakaliki, Nwifuru noted that the 500 persons would be trained in various skills by the state government and empowered with N2million each after the training.

Nwifuru who took time to narrate his humble beginning as a bricklayer before he became the governor, urged the people of the state to engage in meaningful ventures from where they may be promoted to higher level the way he did and became the governor. He implored the beneficiaries to use the opportunity to learn skills that can enhance their standard of living.

He said “I wear your shoes and I know where it pinches. I suffered a lot, I passed through hurdles, I passed through stages of life and I now realized that those stages I passed is because God wants to equip me”.

“I made myself available for God to equip me. So, it is now a challenge to most of our leaders, to most of our youths today to make yourselves available today for God to equip you”.

“Its not easy for a young man to be a bricklayer, its not easy and I decided to make myself available. Today, you are here to learn skills, you have good skills but that skills refused to put food on your tables”.

“This is why we have lots of skill development centres here and we said you should come and learn some other skills which can put foods on your tables, even without much struggles you will see food on your tables”.

“Some of you have what you are doing that you need only some little support, then you can grow it very well and that is why you are here so, it is not by force that you learn skill if you have what you are doing that is very much enormous to feed you”.

The State Commissioner for Commerce, Industry and Business Development, Chief Oguzor Offia- Nwali told journalists that the state government was targeting 1,5000 people of the state for the empowerment programme.

On his part, the Commissioner for Trade and Investment, Nnanna Elechi, said the empowerment progarmme was Governor Nwifuru’s desire to liberate the indigenes of the state who are hustling in the streets of Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, Aba, Port-Harcourt and other cities in the country.

He added that the training and empowerment programme was in line with the charter of needs manifesto of the present administration in the state.

https://guardian.ng/news/ebonyi-empowers-500-hawkers-in-various-cities-with-n2m-each/
how are they going to select the beneficiary in abuja
Re: Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each by orisa37: 5:51am On Oct 18, 2023
NICE IDEAS. PLEASE INCLUDE ME IN AKURE.
Re: Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each by PrinceOfLagos: 5:58am On Oct 18, 2023
You're doing well Mr Governor
Re: Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each by TANID(m): 6:05am On Oct 18, 2023
DonMarkuzi:
Nice one.
Re: Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each by Mrkindness: 6:36am On Oct 18, 2023
While Ebonyi state government is empowering his people economically other states is arranging mass wedding for it's unemployed youths
Re: Ebonyi Empowers 500 Hawkers In Various Cities With N2m Each by Mynd44: 7:00am On Oct 18, 2023

(1)

Photo: Osinbajo As Special Guest at 10th Anniversary Of Financial Times Summit / Naira Devaluation: Group Urges NASS to Enact law Establishing Food Banks / Why Abiodun Is Investing In Infrastructure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.