Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector (21253 Views)

Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across Information, National Orientation Sectors / President Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Industry, Trade, And Investm / Pro-Akpabio Senators Seated As Senate Elects New Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by References: 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2023
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

PRESIDENT TINUBU APPOINTS TWO NEW CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERS IN THE HEALTH SECTOR

President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of two (2) new Chief Executive Officers of Agencies under the Federal Ministry of Health and Social Welfare:

Executive Secretary / CEO, National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) — Dr. Muyi Aina

Director-General / CEO, National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) — Dr. Kelechi Ohiri

Dr. Muyi Aina is a globally renowned public health leader with a Masters in Public Health degree from Harvard University (USA) and a Doctorate degree from Johns Hopkins University (USA), following his first medical certification at the University of Ilorin.

Dr. Kelechi Ohiri most recently served as the Managing Director for Strategy at Global Alliance for Vaccines in Geneva, Switzerland. He obtained a Masters in Public Health degree from Harvard University (USA) and another Masters degree in Public Policy from Harvard's Kennedy School of Government following his first medical certification from the University of Lagos. He has obtained significant experience serving in the World Bank, McKinsey & Company, and has shaped reforms to the National Health Service (NHS) of the United Kingdom.

President Bola Tinubu urges the new leadership of these two critical agencies in the sector to prioritize quality, fairness, and accountability in the provision of world-class health care to all segments of the Nigerian society.

Chief Ajuri Ngelale

Special Adviser to the President

(Media & Publicity)

October 20, 2023

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2023
If you do good, kingdom

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Khyrvxjzy: 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2023
no ibo man will be president

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by yinkus6750(m): 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2023
At least , they are competent and qualified for the posts.
Enough of tribal and religious sentiments.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by truthhurtsnaira: 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

Yep no Ibo man

But Igbo man or woman yes….

But then again, let the shyt continue to smell

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Lifestone(m): 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
Good profiles. I hope this will be translated to improving access to healthcare in Nigeria

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by NewFolm4(m): 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2023
Lifestone:
Good profiles. I hope this will be translated to improving access to healthcare in Nigeria
k
Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by babaRUNtinz(m): 9:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
Gbam
Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Mejireh(m): 9:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Nazgul: 9:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
This man is acting as if he's not even aware of what's happening to our economy.

He should stop telling us who he just employed and focus on getting our morbid refineries working between now and March next year, improve our power generation, give a knockout blow to insecurity, make standard of living easy for the average Nigerian...

This is what he want, not publicized appointments. If I'm reading the news, I want to see something positive, not someone getting a job.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2023
References:

STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

PRESIDENT TINUBU APPOINTS TWO NEW CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERS IN THE HEALTH SECTOR

O PO ssible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
GOD BLESS NIGERIA 🇳🇬

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Sangoamadioha1: 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
Congratulations to Dr Aina. I know you will succeed in your new position for the benefit of Nigerians.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
Nigeria will be great whether the evil ones like it or not

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Indelibleage: 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ebola is appointing qualified people whereas, he's unqualified cool angry angry undecided

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by JaySterling: 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2023
I’m indifferent about politics or political parties. I want anyone who can deliver to work

Let Tinubu succeed

Though, I didn’t vote for him

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Babzrockman: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
Wow! congratulations to Dr. Muyi Aina... A well competent man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
Igbo Amaka People will rest small President Tinubu have appointed Dr Kelechi

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Curious345: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
Nice one .. but the economy is gone .

If the economy can be restored , then Tinubu era will be messianic
Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by osazsky(m): 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
Must the appointments be igbos..nonesense
Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Segzy19: 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
It will come back.....

Curious345:
Nice one .. but the economy is gone .

If the economy can be restored , then Tinubu era will be messianic

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by AustineE1: 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2023
Dr Aina...is he from kwara state? i.e probably Yoruba by ethnicity,i just want to find out something.
Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Siberia01(m): 9:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
grin
Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by siraj1402(m): 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
No argument on this because I am not sure if any of them is aspiring to be.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Giftedhand47(m): 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2023
grin
Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Angelfrost(m): 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2023
JaySterling:
Chief of Army staff - Yoruba
Inspector General of Police - Yoruba
Comptroller General of Immigration- Yoruba
Comptroller General of Customs - Yoruba
EFCC Chairman - Yoruba
ICPC Chairman - Yoruba

What has Nigeria become? Where is the federal character in these appointments?

We the patriotic Nigerians need to rise up, speak out and resist the Yorubalization of Nigeria by the Agb@do munching Af0nj@s

Federal Character was clearly laid to rest by Tinubu's predecessor.

Jonathan was the last president who had that disposition to spread the appointments around the nation.

Well... This is the least of our problems now.

The economy is almost buried... Tinubu can appoint his concubines as heads of key national organizations for all I care... Something drastic and positive needs to be done about economy and security.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by TOMMYS: 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2023
JaySterling:
Chief of Army staff - Yoruba
Inspector General of Police - Yoruba
Comptroller General of Immigration- Yoruba
Comptroller General of Customs - Yoruba
EFCC Chairman - Yoruba
ICPC Chairman - Yoruba

What has Nigeria become? Where is the federal character in these appointments?

We the patriotic Nigerians need to rise up, speak out and resist the Yorubalization of Nigeria by the Agb@do munching Af0nj@s

I am not in support of Agbado. But I didn't see you rise up speaking against Buhari and his Fulani brothers

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by wittywriter: 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2023
Lifestone:
Hope?
Holluwhakemmy:
Igbo Amaka People will rest small President Tinubu have appointed Dr Kelechi

Angelfrost:

Federal Character was clearly laid to rest by Tinubu's predecessor.

Jonathan was the last president who had that disposition to spread the appointment around the nation.

Wittyness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Chispa: 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2023
batstards
Re: Tinubu Appoints New Leadership Across The Health Sector by Max24: 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2023
Tales of two cities. The Agbadorians enjoying appointments while Obidenses are daily wailing. May we never labour in vain!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Will Win Presidential Poll By A Landslide – Dele Momodu / Soldiers Raid Cattle Thieves In Zamfara, Recovers Weapons (photos) / 7 APC Aspirants Step Down For Segun Abraham In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.