Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,993 members, 7,863,556 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:02 PM

Kick-ass Director Matthew Vaughn Has A Bold Plan To Reboot Star Wars 2023 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Kick-ass Director Matthew Vaughn Has A Bold Plan To Reboot Star Wars 2023 (113 Views)

Biggest Kick-ass Director Matthew Vaughn Has A Bold Plan To Reboot Star 2023 / Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare, A Reboot To The Shooter Series / Corona Wars: An Android Space War Game By Me(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kick-ass Director Matthew Vaughn Has A Bold Plan To Reboot Star Wars 2023 by mariahcrystal05: 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2023
It would be wrong to say the Star Wars franchise is in trouble - it has, after all, found huge success on Disney+ in recent years - but if the movies Kathleen Kennedy announced at Celebration this past April don't pan out, that may well be the end of her tenure as Lucasfilm President.

The sequel trilogy has split opinions, with many arguing they were robbed of a satisfying ending to the Skywalker Saga. Of course, the franchise is one that's always suffered from inconsistencies and plot holes, so is the best way to fix that to just start over and retell the story?

Kingsman, X-Men: First Class, and Argylle director Matthew Vaughn believes so.

Asked by Happy Sad Confused (via SFFGazette.com) whether it would be tough to turn down a Star Wars movie at this stage in his career, he responded, "Now, not so much. For me, doing a ‘Star Wars’ movie is to play with the characters I love. If they said to me they’d reboot 'Star Wars' and actually have Luke Skywalker, Solo and Vader and do your version of it. Everyone would say you’re an idiot to try, but that would excite me."

STAR WARS: Marvel Comics Shares First Details About Upcoming THRAWN, JANGO FETT, And MACE WINDU Titles
RELATED:
STAR WARS: Marvel Comics Shares First Details About Upcoming THRAWN, JANGO FETT, And MACE WINDU Titles
"Why are the [‘Star Wars’] characters so hallowed that from 1977 you can’t re-do it for a new audience?" Vaughn asked, comparing the franchise to James Bond, a series which has continuously recast its leads and enlisted new creative teams.

"‘Star Wars’ is the Skywalker family and that’s where I think they’ve gone wrong. They’ve forgot. They’ve done brilliantly in TV but it needs an epic new film. That’s what I would do [i.e. reboot Luke]. Everyone is going to go batshit crazy but let’s bring it on," Vaughn added. "If you want a new generation, make the movie for them. The old generation, hopefully you make it well enough that they enjoy it."

Is it just us or does that actually sound like an idea with potential? Many franchises have been rebooted over the years and seeing what a different filmmaker would do with the story originally told by George Lucas may be fascinating...or disastrous.

Lucasfilm has recast old faces with new actors in some projects (Solo: A Star Wars Story) and digitally de-aged them in others (The Mandalorian). Even if we're not talking about a full-blown reboot that starts with retelling A New Hope, why not let someone like Vaughn recast those familiar leads and tell a new story? It might work better than attempting to make everything tie together, especially when that presents its fair share of restrictions.

Do you think Star Wars should be rebooted? As always, let us know your thoughts in the comments section.

UFC 294 Full Fight Live Free

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Recommendation Of Indie Games For 2023 / Forgot Your COD Mobile Email? Here's How To Find It! / Gaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.