Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,188 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike (15386 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts Sheikh Gumi Over Herdsmen Killings / Reno Omokri Disagrees With Sheikh Gumi Over Amnesty For Bandits/Terrorists / Yekini Nabena To INEC: You Have A Lot To Tell Nigerians On Bauchi Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by GuruboiNaija: 8:58am On Oct 22, 2023
A former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Yekini Nabena, has challenged the country’s security agencies to arrest a Kaduna-based Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, over his recent public outburst against the Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike.

.ng reports that Gumi had in a video posted on his official Facebook page last Thursday labelled Wike as a “Satan” for receiving the Israeli Ambassador to Nigeria in his office.

The cleric also asserted that President Bola Tinubu would be stopped from serving for eight years.

However, Nabena, in a statement issued on Sunday, warned that no evil must befall the minister throughout his tenure, adding that Gumi and others like him would be held responsible by the Niger Delta people if anything goes wrong.

The APC chieftain condemned what he called sense of entitlement by some ‘ethnic and religious bigots’ in the Northern part of Nigeria.

Nabena maintained that some Northerners’ sense of entitlement was not only dividing the nation but making them to see Southerners as inferior to them in a country where everyone was supposed to have equal rights.

He noted that the people of Niger Delta and Southerners in general would no longer fold their arms while the likes of Sheik Gumi spit on their faces irrespective of political or religious beliefs.

Nabena stated categorically that no Nigerian was more a Nigerian than anyone else.

He said: “My intervention in the recent controversial statement is not about the FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike alone, it is about the rights of the Niger Delta people and the Southerners in general. At this stage, we expect all the voices of reasoning to speak out because the sense of entitlement of the likes of Sheik Gumi is becoming more satanic.

“How can you justify the rationale behind some Northerners heading some positions that are naturally meant for the people of Niger Delta and the South? Up till date a Northerner is still the GMD of NNPCL.

“If religious and ethnic bigots like Gumi and others are saying a Southern Christian, especially from the oil rich Niger Delta, can not hold the positions of FCT Ministry and the Senate President, we demand explanations on what qualifies a Northern Muslim in the leadership of agencies like NIMASA, NNPCL, NPDC, NLNG, NPA, and so on.”

While cautioning against “reckless public comments” that could lead to a more divided country, Nabena called on the presidency to urgently make a bold statement and reaffirm the right of any Nigerian to hold public office anywhere in Nigeria.

“I will call on the presidency to deliberately caution Sheik Gumi and his co-travellers against statement that is capable of causing disunity and encourage sense of entitlement.

“I will also call on the security agencies to take Gumi’s reckless but deliberate statement serious. Sheik Gumi should be arrested, questioned and prosecuted.

“Let it also be on record that we the Niger Delta sons and daughters will hold Sheik Gumi responsible if any evil befall Nyesom Wike throughout his days in office as FCT Minister,” Nabena warned.

https://.ng/2023/10/22/nabena-to-security-agents-go-after-sheik-gumi-over-attack-on-wike/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by taylor88(m): 9:00am On Oct 22, 2023
Yoruba security agencies to go after a Fulani man

Gumi go and sleep if na Yoruba security agencies dey find you

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Ikaeniyan0: 9:04am On Oct 22, 2023
He should be arrested, heaven won't fall.

Nnamdi Kanu was arrested legally and deported back to Nigeria, and lock up in a zoo cage in Abuja for over a year and heaven haven't fall.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Ever8090: 9:16am On Oct 22, 2023
Gunmi is a known terrorist who has the full support of the Nigerian government. I hate the ass-hole with everything

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by JASONjnr(m): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2023
Buhari made Gunni a prominent terrorist and he's yet to realise that his moment of talking nonsense will soon be over....

If Wike check his house in Abuja, it better have original documents, if not, it will be demolished and he will have to relocate to sambisa to meet with his gangs.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Zico5(m): 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2023
Gumi still think we are in era of Buhari where anything goes. He forgot that Nigeria is a secular country with no religion affiliation. I wonder how some of these muslim extremists think that this country belong to them and they can do anything they wish. Gumi is playing with fire.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Webdeveloper89: 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2023
Hjj
Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by jojothaiv(m): 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

Nnamdi Kanu was arrested legally and deported back to Nigeria, and lock up in a zoo cage in Abuja for over a year and heaven haven't fall.

Exactly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Lacash: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
GuruboiNaija:

https://.ng/2023/10/22/nabena-to-security-agents-go-after-sheik-gumi-over-attack-on-wike/
Gumi is a terrorist, someone like him should not be giving that much freedom 🥸

3 Likes

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
One Nigeria apologist.

This is what MNK keeps talking about the Fulani north and their entitlement overbearing attitude and born to rule mentality

9 Likes

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Kingpele(m): 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2023
Gumi is simply shameless....the boldness of this terrorist cleric during the time of the clueless buharia is still going on unbated.....isreal is not at war with Nigeria so the minister is not wrong to have engaged their ambassador...I don't know why some northerners think they own this country....if the likes of gumi is left unpunished..we will more of his senseless outburst and others
Of his likes will join him.....

5 Likes

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Mindlog: 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2023
Selective blindness and deafness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by MichaelUweh(m): 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2023
President Tinubu must as a matter of urgency take these positions off their hands NIMASA, NNPCL, NPDC, NLNG, NPA, and so on.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Mvnster: 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

His spokesperson was arrested some time ago with links to bandits, and he was released through the back door. Arresting such people is a waste, nia is sleeping.

2 Likes

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Olawade24: 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2023
Travel Blog for sale!!!
Details of the blog as follows:
6 months old
.com domain
About 80 post
Hosted on blogger
Below is the analytics

Whatsap - 070-190-88-242

Note: Reason for selling is that I have a big project am handling and I just want to relieve myself of some of my niche blogs to reduce my work load

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Germi9: 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2023
You said you wanted a muslim-muslim president you got it ,now you want to still drag fct minister na wa oo
Make we fight for dis corntree sef make we see who really get dis power too many careless talks

1 Like

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by creativehubb: 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2023
Mr Gumi is trying to instigate something, he should be cautioned. He has no immunity!

4 Likes

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Afonja007: 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

don't you know that in nigeria yorubas are quiet when northerner are involved?After election do you know what igbo people are going through in lagos yet everyday okada riders from North are beating up lastma officials who will touch them?fulani herdsmen are moving with ak47 let tinubu go after them if he have the liver ,let me not talk of about killings going on in the whole north plus kidnapping of students let tinubu go after them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by LAXconfidential(m): 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2023
Lacash:
Gumi is a terrorist, someone like him should not be giving that much freedom 🥸
Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by LAXconfidential(m): 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2023
Afonja007:
don't you know that in nigeria yorubas are quiet when northerner are involved?After election do you know what igbo people are going through in lagos yet everyday okada riders from North are beating up lastma officials who will touch them?fulani herdsmen are moving with ak47 let tinubu go after them if he have the liver ,let me not talk of about killings going on in the whole north plus kidnapping of students let tinubu go after them

2 Likes 1 Share

creativehubb:
Mr Gumi is trying to instigate something, he should be cautioned. He has no immunity!
Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Keaton(m): 6:49pm On Oct 22, 2023
Olawade24:
Travel Blog for sale!!!
Details of the blog as follows:
6 months old
.com domain
About 80 post
Hosted on blogger
Below is the analytics

Whatsap - 070-190-88-242

Note: Reason for selling is that I have a big project am handling and I just want to relieve myself of some of my niche blogs to reduce my work load
Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by Keaton(m): 6:49pm On Oct 22, 2023
creativehubb:
creativehubb:
Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by LAXconfidential(m): 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2023
Zico5:
Gumi still think we are in era of Buhari where anything goes. He forgot that Nigeria is a secular country with no religion affiliation. I wonder how some of these muslim extremists think that this country belong to them and they can do anything they wish. Gumi is playing with fire.
Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by LAXconfidential(m): 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2023
Zico5:
Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by LAXconfidential(m): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2023
creativehubb:
Re: Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike by hotseat: 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
I wonder why Nigerians, especially Niger Deltans, are just realising the threats often posed by this dye in the wool hegemonist, ethnic bigot and religious warlord called Sheikh Gumi.

The reason for his unending divisive utterances is buoyed by the erroneous belief that the North are the feudal lords while the rest of the country a mere vassals.

This has been a privilege exclusively enjoyed by the Hausa/Fulanis over time.

Guess what?

This is why most of the time I stand with Asari Dokubo whenever he comes out to dish the same meal to the likes of Gumi.

Madness is a very cheap commodity!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onitsha was founded by Edo Prince.(by Nnamdi Azikiwe the zik of Africa) / Asari Dokubo Sued Over War Threat / 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.