Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,485 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Which Of These Saxophone Should I Learn? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Of These Saxophone Should I Learn? (188 Views)

Duduke By Simi (saxophone Cover) / Relaxing Saxophone Jazz Music - Coffee Break JAZZ Playlist / Learning The Saxophone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Saxophone Should I Learn? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:53pm On Oct 22, 2023
Sax pros in the house i wanna start learning saxophone and i'm planning to buy one next week. The questions are : as a sax pro between alto and tenor saxophone, which of them shud i learn, and is it advisable for me to only rely on youtube videos for my lesson? Mode pls help me push this to fp so that i can get the info i need.
Re: Which Of These Saxophone Should I Learn? by Ameboperoo(m): 2:49pm On Mar 20
SyrusdeHansome:
Sax pros in the house i wanna start learning saxophone and i'm planning to buy one next week. The questions are : as a sax pro between alto and tenor saxophone, which of them shud i learn, and is it advisable for me to only rely on youtube videos for my lesson? Mode pls help me push this to fp so that i can get the info i need.
I"m sorry for the late reply.
I hope you are learning already
The type of sax to buy depends on certain factors but I will mention a few here.
No. 1 is your interest. I personally love the sweet voice of the sop! Even though I play the Alto for now.
The Alto and the Tenor are the easiest to master and relatively cheap. Also the commonest of the sax family.
Jazz music favour Tenor while classical favour classical type of music.
The bari, bass and contrabass are on a different level. Not common but you stand out with them. The are to accompany others.
Re: Which Of These Saxophone Should I Learn? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 3:37pm On Mar 22
Ameboperoo:

I"m sorry for the late reply.
I hope you are learning already
The type of sax to buy depends on certain factors but I will mention a few here.
No. 1 is your interest. I personally love the sweet voice of the sop! Even though I play the Alto for now.
The Alto and the Tenor are the easiest to master and relatively cheap. Also the commonest of the sax family.
Jazz music favour Tenor while classical favour classical type of music.
The bari, bass and contrabass are on a different level. Not common but you stand out with them. The are to accompany others.

Thanks for the info. I'm watching some YouTube videos at the moment, I hope to buy tenor sax by June or July.

(1) (Reply)

What Song Has Most People Forgotten But Is Still A Total Banger? / Lauren Daigle – To Know Me Mp3 Download (lyrics & Video) / New Song Out Titled Eri De By Eri Vibez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.