Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia (1226 Views)

Relocating To Gambia / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / Man Deported To Gambia After 20 Years In US For Lack Of Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Chidike200: 11:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
Hello house, for those that have been to Gambia before, how many days will it take me from Nigeria to Gambia by road.

I checked flight tickets but discovered it's too high.

I want to carry Plantain and bitter Kola 200KG each. Please I need somebody to help me. I want to travel this week.
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by AdamuKD: 12:17am On Oct 23, 2023
12 hours
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Kobicove(m): 1:58am On Oct 23, 2023
Chidike200:
Hello house, for those that have been to Gambia before, how many days will it take me from Nigeria to Gambia by road.

I checked flight tickets but discovered it's too high.

I want to carry Plantain and bitter Kola 200KG each. Please I need somebody to help me. I want to travel this week.

I have gone to Gambia twice but both trips were by air, I have also gone to to Ghana several times (Ghana is like a mid point between Nigeria and Ghana); a journey by road from Nigeria to Ghana will take you at least a full day therefore there is no way you can complete the journey to Gambia by road within a day.

There is no way you can complete the journey by road without spending the night in a hotel or a bus terminal so make sure you prepare very well for it
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by ipobarecriminals: 3:31am On Oct 23, 2023
sad go by Air to avoid story that. . .
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Chidike200: 5:07am On Oct 23, 2023
Too expensive over a million naira
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Chingyyy878: 8:30am On Oct 23, 2023
Chidike200:

Damn
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Mindlog: 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
Chidike200:

Are the plantain and bitter kola from Nigeria special from the ones in Ghana, that is nearer to Gambia?
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Chidike200: 6:21am On Oct 27, 2023
Nigeria own is better

Mindlog:

Are the plantain and bitter kola from Nigeria special from the ones in Ghana, that is nearer to Gambia?
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Mindlog: 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2023
Chidike200:
Nigeria own is better

When I was in Accra, the plantain I was eating there was no different from the plantain I ate while growing up in Nigeria.

If you seek export business, even travelling by road to Gambia would not generate profit for you.....cross over Benin border, cross over Togo border, cross over Ghana border, cross over Ivory Coast border, cross over Liberia border, cross over Sierra Leone border, cross over Guinea Conakry border, cross over Guinea Bissau border before entering Gambia......what is so special about Nigeria's plantain that would get rotten before getting to Gambia?

3 Likes

Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by nwauwa(m): 12:31pm On Oct 27, 2023
Mindlog:

When I was in Accra, the plantain I was eating there was no different from the plantain I ate while growing up in Nigeria.

If you seek export business, even travelling by road to Gambia would not generate profit for you.....cross over Benin border, cross over Togo border, cross over Ghana border, cross over Ivory Coast border, cross over Liberia border, cross over Sierra Leone border, cross over Guinea Conakry border, cross over Guinea Bissau border before entering Gambia......what is so special about Nigeria's plantain that would get rotten before getting to Gambia?
He wants to dabble into a useless and profit less venture. Asides getting spoilt, the money he’d use to settle and guard the plaintain and bitter cola is another thing
Internet businessmen.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by descarado: 5:25am On Oct 28, 2023
Mindlog:

You believed he want yo export plantain?
Guy is looking for quicker root to illegal trading.
So many of them.
Plantain ke cheesy cheesy
Haba, Mindlog
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Mindlog: 5:30am On Oct 28, 2023
descarado:

So many of them.
Haba, Mindlog

You want it to "come out" from my mouth, that there is more to it than plantain? shocked
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by descarado: 5:34am On Oct 28, 2023
Mindlog:

You want it to "come out" from my mouth, that there is more to it than plantain? shocked

OK, I can see what you did there.
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Chidike200: 7:19am On Oct 31, 2023
Mindlog:

Thank you for this eye opening analysis. I heard from their Ambassador to Nigeria that Plantain and Bitter Kola is cheap here and expensive in Gambia that is why I started exploring this venture. But is there any other way I can do it. I just want a business that can help me make money, this economy is not funny.... I have done my research is very profitable to sell Bitter kola and plantain in Gambia. But is there any better route. Or should I go buy from Ghana or any other places to Gambia

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Chidike200: 7:24am On Oct 31, 2023
@Descarado you are just been stupid and senseless. I attended a seminar and the Gambia Ambassador to Nigeria opened our eyes to how Bitter Kola is expensive in Gambia and cheap in Nigeria, same with Plantain and how Fish in cheap there and expensive here. So I started asking questions on how I can venture into these businesses and seeking for the best route. You are a senseless goat. Unless online troll without brain. Ewu...
descarado:

So many of them.
Haba, Mindlog
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Chidike200: 7:28am On Oct 31, 2023
nwauwa:

He wants to dabble into a useless and profit less venture. Asides getting spoilt, the money he’d use to settle and guard the plaintain and bitter cola is another thing
Internet businessmen.

Brother you think the business won't yield any profit. I would have considered using flight but the ticket is too expensive
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Brispy: 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2023
Kobicove:

I have gone to Gambia twice but both trips were by air, I have also gone to to Ghana several times (Ghana is like a mid point between Nigeria and Ghana); a journey by road from Nigeria to Ghana will take you at least a full day therefore there is no way you can complete the journey to Gambia by road within a day.

There is no way you can complete the journey by road without spending the night in a hotel or a bus terminal so make sure you prepare very well for it
I’m planing to go to Gambia soon . I want to know the requirements at the airport. And do I have to book a return ticket and hotel from Nigeria ?
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Obagreatdatoye(m): 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2023
Chidike200:

Thank you for this eye opening analysis. I heard from their Ambassador to Nigeria that Plantain and Bitter Kola is cheap here and expensive in Gambia that is why I started exploring this venture. But is there any other way I can do it. I just want a business that can help me make money, this economy is not funny.... I have done my research is very profitable to sell Bitter kola and plantain in Gambia. But is there any better route. Or should I go buy from Ghana or any other places to Gambia
Why not use sea cargo shipping for the export

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Kobicove(m): 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2023
Brispy:
I’m planing to go to Gambia soon . I want to know the requirements at the airport. And do I have to book a return ticket and hotel from Nigeria ?

The only requirement is a valid passport and your ticket (Preferably return ticket), you don't need a visa.

However, some countries require that you also do a vaccination against Yellow fever and get a card as evidence of having done this.

You don't need to book a hotel here before leaving but I will advise you go online to get a list of possible hotels within your budget in the area where you're going.
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Brispy: 12:50am On Nov 01, 2023
Kobicove:

The only requirement is a valid passport and your ticket (Preferably return ticket), you don't need a visa.

However, some countries require that you also do a vaccination against Yellow fever and get a card as evidence of having done this.

You don't need to book a hotel here before leaving but I will advise you go online to get a list of possible hotels within your budget in the area where you're going.
Alright, thank
One more question please, do I have to pay Gambian immigration for anything at the point of entry?
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Chidike200: 6:22am On Nov 01, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:

Why not use sea cargo shipping for the export

I'm starting with about 150KG. Even if I use Sea Cargo I will still have to go, because I don't know much people there. I only know one or two persons there.
Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Kobicove(m): 7:08am On Nov 01, 2023
Brispy:
Alright, thank
One more question please, do I have to pay Gambian immigration for anything at the point of entry?

The last time I went there I don't think I paid but when I travelled to Sierra Leone I paid about $25 airport tax.

However, things might have changed so I would advise that you hold some forex for airport tax just in case...about $150 should do although I doubt if you would pay up to $50 assuming they have also started charging airport tax.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Innoson2010: 9:35pm On Apr 04
It will be very expensive for you to travel with the bitter kola in same bus. You can take the bitter kola to trade fair where they load Gambia goods and join bus to Gambia Bitter kola, Ogbono and egusi are good to send to Gambia. Last time I traveled to Gambia by road was 2010 and 2013. It's about 5 days then I don't know for now. The bitter kola are buy by the Fulas in Sere Kunda market Gambia.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Will It Take Me From Nigeria To Gambia by Innoson2010: 9:50pm On Apr 04
Plaintain is very expensive in Gambia but don't send Plaintain to Gambia. Bitter Kola, Ogbono and egusi. By road you can go to Benin Republic and join bus to Bamako Mali then Dakar Senegal to Barr the Gambia boarder with Senegal then Ferry to cross you inside Banjul then to Sere Kunda market Gambia. Gambia don't have plaintain people bringing plaintain to Gambia from Conakry and Ghana.

(1) (Reply)

Finally, I Got It / Moving Back To Nigeria After Graduation! / New Us Aviation Security Measures Put In Place For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.