Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,813 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing (10248 Views)

Lagos Still Working With Tinubu’s 20-year Blueprint – Sanwo-olu / Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing / 2022 Budget: Reps Fear Economy Collapse, Says Debt Servicing Too High (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by Kachidubem: 10:28am On Oct 23, 2023
After all... UAE pays it citizens for just being a citizen of that country.. that why it looks like ,no one is poor in Dubai... actually,no citizen is poor.

Imagine Nigerians receiving 130,000 daily... there will be a massive Japa syndrome from UK back to NIGERIA.

Like seriously, citizens won't even complain again...it is our common wealth, just pay us the population our own share after selling our oil daily
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by nedekid: 10:51am On Oct 23, 2023
Achor1111:
Evidence that Tinubu is more clueless than Buhari
Since when did an accountant become a manager of businesses? Accountant na book keeper. The man ruled Lagos, increase revenue by taxes, Lagos was a tax ripe state back then. With his Chicago mafia way of doing things, he extorted everyone, called it revenue, took a heavy cut and then passed the rest on. Despite the huge income, he still tool loans and left the state in debt. Only Ambode governed Lagos and did not add to the debt profile.
Only one governor in the history of this country has ruled a debt ridden state, turned it around and left the state with heavy credit reserves.
Wealth without enterprise. No factories, no industry, no accounting office etc but you have money, howww?? Dagbo, fake..
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by blesdman(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2023
seguno2:

Tinubu sponsored him to get his own turn at our commonwealth.

Is that not what Emilokan means
Terrible matter. Now shege full everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by Achor1111(m): 10:55am On Oct 23, 2023
nedekid:

Since when did an accountant become a manager of businesses? Accountant na book keeper. The man ruled Lagos, increase revenue by taxes, Lagos was a tax ripe state back then. With his Chicago mafia way of doing things, he extorted everyone, called it revenue, took a heavy cut and then passed the rest on. Despite the huge income, he still tool loans and left the state in debt. Only Ambode governed Lagos and did not add to the debt profile.
Only one governor in the history of this country has ruled a debt ridden state, turned it around and left the state with heavy credit reserves.
Wealth without enterprise. No factories, no industry, no accounting office etc but you have money, howww?? Dagbo, fake..
Nigeria once provided loan to IMF.
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by Lumarstone: 11:29am On Oct 23, 2023
I hope those idiots that always defend this evil GOVERNMENT are reading this news? The big question now is;

Which side is Nigeria now? Is Nigeria on the Progressive part OR on the Retrogressive part?
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by DrChukki: 11:48am On Oct 23, 2023
accordadoga27:

Hehehe

That zoo you will never rule or hijack

Your plans have been failing since 1967 and they will keep failing.

2023-2031: SW

2031-2039: North

2039-2047: SS

2047-2055: SW

2055-2063: North

2064-2071: SS

2071-2079: MB

2079-2087: North

2087-2095: SW

2095-2103: MB

God bless the SW, SS, North and MB

In your parents mind they have a child, not knowing they have an idịōt
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by ufotunang: 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
See the man they said he built Lagos 🙄
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by ufotunang: 12:11pm On Oct 23, 2023
Nigerians just voted a borrow, borrow government... nothing to offer...it's a pity
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by ufotunang: 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2023
When he said he will continue from where Buhari stopped...then what were you expecting ?
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by ufotunang: 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2023
I blame world bank and IMF that always easily give the federal government loans anytime they ask of it..which makes the federal government to be very lazy and have no idea on what to do to earn, generate revenue, money into the country to use to run the economy..it's a pity
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by ufotunang: 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2023
Nigerians just voted for a borrow borrow government...it's a pity
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by ufotunang: 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2023
Renewed hope to renewed shege... nawaoooo 🙄
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by ufotunang: 12:21pm On Oct 23, 2023
MichaelSokoto:
dem swear 4 dis ppl, their leaders, their party & their fuulish supporters finish!

dey shld quickly auction d con3 to highest bidder already naaa!

angry
..abi..let China come and buy the country and govern the country.... maybe with China governing this country nigeria will become better...you can see how China is good and well developed

1 Like

Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by Bebigiby1: 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2023
You're a critical thinker.... this is what Nairaland should be, a place where ideas are debated and not the Yoruba vs Igbo tribal nonsense it has turned out to be....

Regarding your submissions, you're right.... "For an economy CAN NEVER develop by its citizens OUTSOURCING their means of livelihood. And the three core, mass employment and wealth creating sectors, Nigeria is opportuned to have at the moment are CONSTRUCTION, MINING AND AGRICULTURE...."

It would've been great if those we call leaders can expose themselves on public forums like this to debate and defend their policies.... Maybe some of the points you raised and great ideas made by other Nairaland users will be implemented..... But unfortunately these politicians are not interested in genuine development that will benefit the people.... The loans are going to be embezzled by Tinubu and his cronies just like Buhari's regime and other governments before him..... a vicious cycle that is about to destroy this country....

Reference:
It is now that the true test of leadership, of capacity to govern will be exposed.
If the ideas, the ways and means of this economic journey are similar to that of the past administration(s), won't the outcome, the result be the same?
Don't we think we ought to be doing something radical, something completely different to obtain a different result and a clean break from the past?

For example. Can we bond (real bond, not cash bonds) out our needs to the citizens of this country, that is the things we presently employ cash credit for. So that the options lie ahead whether government will be willing to let go of those assets if they cannot pay back.

Another example. I was listening to the airwaves this morning about the proposed PWC intervention in the mining sector geared towards restructuring it and with a view to 'attracting foreign investment'.

Foreign investment to do what exactly? To turn Nigeria mining to another cut and run enterprise?, to expand the saying that Africa is just a raw material supplier??.

For I cannot understand what investment is needed in mining as an industrial practice that is beyond our present capacity and my suspicion is that they intend to issue licenses to large multinationals who will come in, strip these minerals, export them on a cheap and leave the communities and the vast majority of the citizens in penury and conflict while creating cartels and enriching the very government officials who issue the permits; just like we have seen for 60 years in the oil and gas industry.

My own idea of a mining industry (which is a key sector in job creation and the fight against poverty) is to get individual citizens (trained and tooled into licensed cooperatives) and small businesses doing the physical activity of extracting these minerals and the role of government will be to regulate access, establish a financial market, that is an commodity exchange of sorts where stable prices and a ready market is guaranteed.

The role of foreign investment should then be limited to THE PROCESSING, the upper tier of the value chain, to turn these ores and minerals into tradeable goods and articles.

NO foreign enterprise should be permitted exclusively to dig or drill the ground in Nigeria anymore and we should begin to move away from the export of raw materials to the processing of same and the manufacture of articles thereof.

For an economy CAN NEVER develop by its citizens OUTSOURCING their means of livelihood. And the three core, mass employment and wealth creating sectors, Nigeria is opportuned to have at the moment are CONSTRUCTION, MINING AND AGRICULTURE.

We have done enough damage to our construction sector for example by constantly outsourcing key projects, mass projects to foreign concerns and that is why we have not developed onshore capacity, technologies, competencies, standards, values, sustainable jobs and wealth out of it despite the trillions of dollars spent of construction of all kinds since independence. We have NO local construction industry.
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by edungene7: 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
Emilokan borrowing for 2027 elections money that would be shared to the online rodents to continue braking Tinubu continue the good work
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by Blackdisciple(m): 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2023
We are finished..
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by Nicholas1800(m): 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2023
princepeter566:
When tinubu said he will continue from where buhari stopped abgadurians knew what he meant but they where busy shouting emilokon.
By the time Nigeria splits, Lagos, ogun, oyo, ondo and ekiti will be taken over by the Chinese government and world bank. Because that's the only collectoral that they can take over since their son was the one that borrowed the money. They will turn to people in diasporas in their land.
illiterate,
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by caye(m): 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2023
soberdrunk:
So many ignorant Nigerians, Nigeria's debt to gdp ratio isn't even up to 40% while countries like Japan have a debt to gdp ratio of over 200%, even Italy has a debt to gdp ratio of over 100%. What we should be worried about us the "UTILISATION" of the loans angry

Normally, I would have cussed you out, but maturity ti take over.

To help you, my dear brother, stop following IMF PPL economic vernacular. They are designed to deceive and distract you.

A debt:GDP index ( I sabi economics small) is not a good index , when comparing a first world, developed and militarily vibrant country with a third world country experiencing galloping inflation. It doesn't work.

It's like comparing agbalumo and ice cream.
You would be making a serious mistake.
Instead compare Nigeria with Peru or Namibia. Then you get a true picture of the debt:GDP ratio.
Eventually, if you are an economic student , you will realise that those economic saka-maje ratios are used to simply exploit Afrikan countries. They are of no use.

What is needed in a serious country being ruled by normal leaders are:- Industrial production, energy, health , transportation and a few things.

Not big, big economic vernacular and policies that are just nonsense.
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by caye(m): 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2023
Edusouls:
Nigerians una never see chum chin this is just the beginning, in the next few years Zimbabwean economy go better pass us, country were thieves line up to take their own share since 1960, na I’m una Dey hope to better, believe it or not buhari was the last sincere man to rule this country

Why do you call Buhari the last sincere man to rule Nigeria?
Kindly state 3 instances where he was sincere.
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by saysoo: 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2023
Goodmorning20:

https://punchng.com/three-year-blueprint-fg-plans-n26tn-borrowing-n29tn-for-debt-servicing/?amp
So why were you guys blaming Buhari? Una don see wetin Buhari see. I just happi PO no win, cause him own, Nigerians for tear igbos to pieces.
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by nedekid: 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
Achor1111:

Nigeria once provided loan to IMF.
Abi..
Really sad how low we have come.
See, 5 days ago, I changed pounds from a visiting bro. He transfered to my UK Acc for me to give him cash locally.
We went to find out how much from aboki, it was 1250 to 1 pound. I paid him 125k.
Two days ago, we inquired again it was 1300, so I exchanged at 130k for 100 pounds.
Today oh, he transfered money again, he was in the car when I took someone to change dollars, I the asked aboki how much for pounds hoping as beginning of the week, it wound have reduced, omo, aboki mention he will buy 1450! Haba! Luckily, Bros was on the phone and did not hear!
If in 8 years buhari took pounds from 240 to 950, in 5 months Tinubu has taken it from 950 to 1450, what will happen in 1 year?
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by Achor1111(m): 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2023
nedekid:

Abi..
Really sad how low we have come.
See, 5 days ago, I changed pounds from a visiting bro. He transfered to my UK Acc for me to give him cash locally.
We went to find out how much from aboki, it was 1250 to 1 pound. I paid him 125k.
Two days ago, we inquired again it was 1300, so I exchanged at 130k for 100 pounds.
Today oh, he transfered money again, he was in the car when I took someone to change dollars, I the asked aboki how much for pounds hoping as beginning of the week, it wound have reduced, omo, aboki mention he will buy 1450! Haba! Luckily, Bros was on the phone and did not hear!
If in 8 years buhari took pounds from 240 to 950, in 5 months Tinubu has taken it from 950 to 1450, what will happen in 1 year?
Otiló

1 Like

Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by Brushstrokes20: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2023
Unrepentant THIEVES!
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by Vision101(m): 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2023
@Burgermotors

First class graduate.

@me
Did you read the thread? Did you understand it? Everyone is just typing rubbish here.
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by Edusouls(m): 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
caye:

Why do you call Buhari the last sincere man to rule Nigeria?
Kindly state 3 instances where he was sincere.
the first president in to inform us that budget padding is done in Nigeria, we never of knew of it since 1960..

He fought corruption tooth and nail, but the corrupt system fought back aggressively, he told us how much was looted and returned billions of naira loots..

He burrowed money and built many federal roads and projects

He started Many social intervention schemes like N-power, trader Monie, e.t.c
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by Truthsave: 6:00pm On Oct 23, 2023
MXrep:
More woes to the zoo

God bless Biafra ☝️
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by selfdefence: 12:20am On Oct 24, 2023
All these money wey dem dey borrow, abeg where e dey go?
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by stonemasonn: 1:33am On Oct 24, 2023
Okpokpo09:
Na my turn,Na my turn. Now do something with the space na, nothing to show for five months. Leadership is not by gragra
Five months only, fear God nah. 5 months Buhari never inauguratte ministers.
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by searchlight: 4:57am On Oct 24, 2023
accordadoga27:

Hehehe

Just the same way you will never be rich. You will die poor in the zoo
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by searchlight: 4:59am On Oct 24, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
News tire me, bag of rice still dey high, business collapsing and how Lagos people dey enjoy light and we wey dey Ogun state no see light again, Na another version of Nigeria wey dey here, Nigeria na hardship already, come imagine hardship without electricity .. Make Dapo Abiodun no gree die, make him no enter hell fire, him go collect there too .. the worst governor
Lies. All governors in the south west are technocrats ahs all Yoruba states are finest.
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by Nyanabo(m): 6:19am On Oct 24, 2023
In saner climes they borrow to fund capital projects but here to to fund recurrent expenditure that doesn't add value to the common man on the street. Borrowing to buy over 400 SUVs at an average rate of 200million. No be juju be that? When the masses are hungry and groaning.

It's pitiable.
Re: Three-year Blueprint: FG Plans N26tn Borrowing, N29tn For Debt Servicing by emmanuelbrown26: 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2023
accordadoga27:

Hehehe

Lolsss. That's d answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Civil Defence Officers Arrested For Stealing Fuel / Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land / First 150 Days Of New Government & Stock Market Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.