Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Am I Schizophrenic? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Am I Schizophrenic? (327 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Schizophrenic? by Partisanlord: 11:22pm On Oct 23, 2023
I don't know if it's going to be a long read but please bear with me as i would like to pour out as much as i can about an issue, a feeling that has been overwhelming me for like 2years now. I'm just concerned i might be SCHIZOPHRENIC (Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves.)

To begin. i have great difficulties going outside. Why
*cos I'm too handsome* lol. On a serious note, i have difficulties going out amongst people cos i feel everyone eye is always on me as I'm *Too Handsome*, although I'm a good lookinge guy, i mean.. I look Good but the obsession with how good i think i look is scary.

Walking through a bunch of people is always a very hard task with a lot of emotions and consciousness invested. I almost hold my breathe walking through pple and when i finally walk through i make a sigh of relief becos I'm overwhelmed by their presence and think they would all be looking at me and probably discuss about how good i look later.
I only walk at nights now and i can wait for hours before getting what i need becos i want to meet only the seller at the store. Else, every person there would be staring straight to my face(maybe just over consciousness)

I started feeling this recently(like 1 month Ago and it's actually so intense now, y'll cant even fathom how i feel), but maybe it's the only piece missing so i can come to peaceful terms with my [(supposed) schizophrenic nature].
Let me share with you the remaining piece of my nature, my feeling and the thoughts of my brain that as been draining my mental health.

Sometimes, i get stucked with whatever I'm doing for a few seconds. I mean Literal stucking, in which i can't move any part of my body. While my brain would be aware that i can't move any part of my body, my body would just remain helpless, trying to move😢.

Another piece of me you would find fascinating is the fact that I'm always unable to express other emotions apart from *FEAR*. I don't love anyone as much as i don't hate anyone. I can Care but most of the times i don't.
I have become so plain i hardly greet people nor use words like Thanks,sorry,excuse e.t.c(i use it alot online tho)
I don't laugh, i can only just chuckle and go back instantly to my pale face. Even around pple close to me i don't laugh.
I don't Frown as well.

The only emotion i express now is *Fear*
What a strange state for a Brave guy like me to be.. I was courageous and brave during my teenage and early 20's era. Only for whatever mental illness come to take that away.

Don't lemme bore you much. I just needed a platform to speak and i feel nairaland as an anonymous forum is a cool place

To wrap it up, i have read alot about schizophrenia and it's actually a very tough illness to cure. It almost as no cure, but perhaps someone on here might have experienced something similar or knows someone who did, if you luckily have a way you treated yours or of the pple around you, you can share I'm willing to listen.

I forget things easily too so i probably have forgotten most of the things i would love to share

Thanks.
Re: Am I Schizophrenic? by Jeon(f): 11:26pm On Oct 23, 2023
undecided
Different Wahala from different people in different angles.

7 Likes

Re: Am I Schizophrenic? by Aditkd(f): 11:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
Greetings.
Please if you reside in Lagos, it will be nice to either go to the federal psychiatric hospital Yaba in other for you to see a psychologist.

Or

Human behavioral department Lagos state University teaching hospital Ikeja.

This will go a long way in helping you.

Do have a pleasant night's rest Sir
Re: Am I Schizophrenic? by Ejanlaa: 11:36pm On Oct 23, 2023
Aditkd:
Greetings.
Please if you reside in Lagos, it will be nice to either go to the federal psychiatric hospital Yaba in other for you to see a psychologist.

Or

actually this a nice way of saying see a mad man doctor
Re: Am I Schizophrenic? by Partisanlord: 11:37pm On Oct 23, 2023
Aditkd:
Greetings.

Or

Thanks for your care.

I'm just being Wary of stigmatization
Re: Am I Schizophrenic? by Partisanlord: 11:38pm On Oct 23, 2023
Ejanlaa:
actually this a nice way of saying see a mad man doctor
Abi na. When Op don dey run mad small small
Re: Am I Schizophrenic? by Aditkd(f): 8:12am On Oct 24, 2023
Good morning.
Please try to remove your mind from that stigmatization you re thinking of, it's your well being that's important.

Do you think in this site they re not individuals who have sessions with their therapist in various behavioral health institutions across the nation.

Please, just try to get the necessary help you need pls.
Thank you and do have a pleasant day ahead.

uote author=Partisanlord post=126578787]
Thanks for your care.

I'm just being Wary of stigmatization[/quote]
Re: Am I Schizophrenic? by Aditkd(f): 8:17am On Oct 24, 2023
Greetings.
Hope your day is coming along nicely?
For one to seek mental health aid is very important and paramount.

Please let's encourage him to do the right thing and not make him feel bad or stigmatised in anyway.

He is just going to see a psychologist so that the root cause of his problem can be identified and various forms of therapies can be used to address the situation.

Thank you and do have a pleasant day ahead
quote author=Ejanlaa post=126578782]actually this a nice way of saying see a mad man doctor [/quote]
Re: Am I Schizophrenic? by Akposkiz: 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2023
Go and see a psychiatrist at any federal neuro psychiatric hospital.

(1) (Reply)

Things About Weighty And When / Fallout Of Strange Illness, Ondo Govt Ban Production & Consumption Of Ogogoro / Top Muscle Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.