Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre (1095 Views)

Obigbo Massacre: See What Ikwere Indigenes Are Saying (picture) / Obigbo Massacre May Lead To Another Civil War / Third Anniversary: Gov. Ugwuanyi pledges more democracy dividends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by PortHarcourtcit(m): 11:18am On Oct 24, 2023
caleboxylic:

What concerns an Igbo man with lazy ikwerre clan?
I don't compete with people I'm better off.
God in heaven knows I want and dream of only Ala-igbo nation without you lazy groups.
God forbid such arrangement.
You people have nothing to offer a nation.
let's talk about Igbo and Ikwerre in port Harcourt tomorrow by 9.30am... come one come all...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by mrvitalis(m): 11:19am On Oct 24, 2023
Gajagojo:
The land belongs to Ogoni

Oyigbo is Ogoni language
Lmaooo make Asa and ndoki people hear am from your mouth

When did ogoni come from Ghana that they want to start claiming indigenous land of igbos.... Lmaooo

2 Likes

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by vanitybutiwanti: 11:56am On Oct 24, 2023
RIP to the innocent persons that lost their life, but why did the protestors burn a police station? You want to turn Rivers state to imo state where unknown gun men reign supreme? Imagine if the government had not stepped in to reign them in, are you aware that the place would have been another sambisa Forest where the Boko Haram seed was left to fester?

Sometimes I wonder what you guys want especially the igbos, you complain about insecurity but when the persons responsible for the insecurity comes from your region, you find reason to justify their actions, same way you complain about bad governance in other regions yet all your states are shiithole, your people can't even live in your states. I'm in Rivers State and I commend the governor for being proactive, now oyigbo is a peaceful place to stay.

Same way peter obi was abused on nairaland and Twitter by igbos but now peter obi is the best thing since fried rice and governors from other region are incompetent, same way they are applauding Otti for doing things other governors are doing in multiple folds without propaganda and media fanfare. I'm not a tribalist but I refuse to be influenced by your own versions of events, it's always deliberately skewed to portray others as the oppressors and your people as the oppressed.

5 Likes

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Ingocof(m): 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2023
gidgiddy:
Obigbo literally translates as "the Igbo heart land".  It is populated by the indigenous Ndoki and Asa people, sub- groups of the Igbo tribe. Obigbo was part of Imo State until 1976 when a "boundary adjustment" of Gowons administration carved it into Rivers State, and it was renamed "Oyigbo". I prefer to call a place by its ancestral name, rather than an imposed name.

In October 2020, much of Southern Nigeria erupted in protest against a branch of the Nigerian Police called SARS(Special Anti Robbery Squad) that had become notorious for extra-judicial killings, illegal arrest, torture, extortion and abuse of power.

The response of the Nigerian government to "ENDSARS" protest was initially civil, however, it later turned brutal. On 19th October 2020, a group of unarmed ENDSARS protesters were in Obigbo when the were accosted by the security forces who opened fire on them killing one of them. The protesters then went berserk, burnt Obigbo Police Station and some other properties belonging to government and reportedly lynched some of the security forces they captured

The very next day, without any investigation into what caused the violence, Governor Wike of Rivers State held a press conference where he accused IPOB of being behind the violence, imposed a curfew on Obigbo and put a N50M bounty on Stanley Mgbere, an Onne activist whom he claimed was the leader of IPOB in Rivers State. It later turned out that Mgbere had nothing to do with IPOB nor the violence. Wike also encouraged the security forces to move into Obigbo. Despite ENDSARS protests turning violent in most States in Southern Nigeria, Wike was the only one who encouraged the Nigerian Army to crack down on people

What happend next was a tragedy. For almost a week, the Nigerian Army laid siege on Obigbo, indiscriminately shooting and killing unarmed people. Those lucky to be arrested alive were put on military planes and flown to various detention centres in the North where the men were subjected to torture, and the women were repeatedly raped

In one act of stupidity and madness, Wike blamed IPOB for what they had no hand in, put a bounty on an innocent man's head and caused the destruction of Obigbo.

But Obigbo has survived and will keep moving on

God Bless Obigbo

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/427469-investigation-inside-the-horrific-bloodshed-and-massive-extrajudicial-killings-in-nigerias-oyigbo-community.html?tztc=1

https://www.genocidewatch.com/single-post/unveiling-the-obigbo-army-killing-fields

But the Igbos don't care about all you just wrote, their attention and focus is on Lagos state. In other word, Wike can annihilate all Igbos and their businesses in Rivers state, the Igbos don't give a damn, but Lagos must just be hijacked by all means.

1 Like

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by caleboxylic: 12:53pm On Oct 24, 2023
Gajagojo:
But Ikwerrre sold Iboes as slaves for centuries

Very soon you go discover what your forefathers didn't tell you people.
Keep digging.

You should find out first if ikwerre were the Igbo slaves sold or not? Or how your forefathers descended from the great benin kingdom.

Keep digging for that ugly forgotten history.
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by caleboxylic: 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lmaooo make Asa and ndoki people hear am from your mouth

When did ogoni come from Ghana that they want to start claiming indigenous land of igbos.... Lmaooo

Don't mind that guy from a minority tribe that migrated last to the present rivers state.

Ogoni that shares no history with their neighbours want to claim indigenous people land.
Let them keep digging.
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Tranquill: 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2023
caleboxylic:

What concerns an Igbo man with lazy ikwerre clan?
I don't compete with people I'm better off.
God in heaven knows I want and dream of only Ala-igbo nation without you lazy groups.
God forbid such arrangement.
You people have nothing to offer a nation.

Better off than Ikwerre people?? LMAO!

What even makes you think you are better than anyone?

When you are on your mkpurumiri, you begin to talk through your anus. Now see your better off father below. People wey no get shame!

1 Like

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Idiko1: 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2023
tunjiajayi:
It's oyigbo not obigbo.

And it was a massacre of criminals.
It was doomsday for ipob in portharcourt.

[b]Death to terrorists.

It is Obigbo not Oyigbo.

Long live to terrorists.
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Idiko1: 3:39pm On Oct 24, 2023
Gajagojo:

Oyigbo isthe original name of the landowners who are from Eleme/Ogoni axis

Ibos under Azikiwe used their numbers and domineering attitude to change the name in the first republic

Sanity has been restored

Obigbo was NEVER part of Imo state

That is another IPOB lie

Gowon was not even in power in1976

Ogoni had been under Calabar province while Eleme was under Ahoada division of Owerri province. Eleme is not Ogoni. At least, you were correct about Gowon and 1976. It was idiotic Obasanjo regime.
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Idiko1: 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2023
wakaman:

You are truly full of lies and shit.

I guess the dumbass liars have the tendency to refer to others as lying.
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Idiko1: 3:49pm On Oct 24, 2023
wakaman:

I dare you to go to oyigbo and call it obigbo, shout it, proclaim it and let the indigenous people hear you.
Do that first.

You guys are too naive to do anything right.
You all have zero people skills.

Loud, brash,razz too.

Shot up your putrid loudmouth. I was born and raised in Obigbo.
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by wakaman: 4:13pm On Oct 24, 2023
Idiko1:

Shot up your putrid loudmouth. I was born and raised in Obigbo.

Born in the gutters of oyigbo.

I repeat leave your hovel of a house and go and proclaim oyigbo as obigbo if you go come Complete.

Nkita

4 Likes

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Tranquill: 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
the terrorists organization wanted to override us in port Harcourt if not for the timely intervention of his Excellency chief Barr, Nyerishi Nyesom Ezenwo Wike... Omo Ipob say na them get port Harcourt and they went to oyigbo and they killed Hausas, police officers and they even beheaded a DPO in broad daylight...

You should know that Igbo people are dangerous and toxic hypocrites both off and online and their main oxygen of survival is to be inherently hateful while accusing others of hating them .

Over 95% of them who are not happy with what ipods have turned their towns and States into, and blaming their failure governors and politicians for not being proactive like Wike, still hate Wike for the actions he took against the swines in Oyigbo.

It is simply because Wike is not Igbo and did not let them force their ethnic robe on him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Gajagojo: 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2023
Idiko1:

Ogoni had been under Calabar province while Eleme was under Ahoada division of Owerri province. Eleme is not Ogoni. At least, you were correct about Gowon and 1976. It was idiotic Obasanjo regime.
Do you know the distance frome Eleme to Ahoada what lies between them? What fictional provinces are you talking about Oyigbo was never part of Imo state stop lying

3 Likes

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by gidgiddy: 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
I will like us to meet in oyigbo tomorrow morning so that you'll explain to me how oyigbo is Igbo land... Please email me let's meet tomorrow by 9.30am I love IGBOs and you are my friend don't forget to come with your fellow Igbo brothers... Thank you...

You dont need to meet me there, use Google on your phone to find out what ethnic group are indigenous to Obigbo
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by PortHarcourtcit(m): 7:31pm On Oct 24, 2023
gidgiddy:

You dont need to meet me there, use Google on your phone to find out what ethnic group are indigenous to Obigbo
you can not be in amara-aku or agbaja umuokpo and be telling us where and where is Igbo land... Please come let's talk I want the government to recognize your good work... Na man u be...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Deltancapo: 8:07pm On Oct 24, 2023
gidgiddy:
Obigbo literally translates as "the Igbo heart land".  It is populated by the indigenous Ndoki and Asa people, sub- groups of the Igbo tribe. Obigbo was part of Imo State until 1976 when a "boundary adjustment" was done and it was carved it into Rivers State, and was renamed "Oyigbo". I prefer to call a place by its ancestral name, rather than an imposed name.

In October 2020, much of Southern Nigeria erupted in protest against a branch of the Nigerian Police called SARS(Special Anti Robbery Squad) that had become notorious for extra-judicial killings, illegal arrest, torture, extortion and abuse of power.

The response of the Nigerian government to "ENDSARS" protest was initially civil, however, it later turned brutal. On 19th October 2020, a group of unarmed ENDSARS protesters were in Obigbo when the were accosted by the security forces who opened fire on them killing one of them. The protesters then went berserk, burnt Obigbo Police Station and some other properties belonging to government and reportedly lynched some of the security forces they captured

The very next day, without any investigation into what caused the violence, Governor Wike of Rivers State held a press conference where he accused IPOB of being behind the violence, imposed a curfew on Obigbo and put a N50M bounty on Stanley Mgbere, an Onne activist whom he claimed was the leader of IPOB in Rivers State. It later turned out that Mgbere had nothing to do with IPOB nor the violence. Wike also encouraged the security forces to move into Obigbo. Despite ENDSARS protests turning violent in most States in Southern Nigeria, Wike was the only one who encouraged the Nigerian Army to crack down on people

What happend next was a tragedy. For almost a week, the Nigerian Army laid siege on Obigbo, indiscriminately shooting and killing unarmed people. Those lucky to be arrested alive were put on military planes and flown to various detention centres in the North where the men were subjected to torture, and the women were repeatedly raped

In one act of stupidity and madness, Wike blamed IPOB for what they had no hand in, put a bounty on an innocent man's head and caused the destruction of Obigbo.

But Obigbo has survived and will keep moving on

God Bless Obigbo

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/427469-investigation-inside-the-horrific-bloodshed-and-massive-extrajudicial-killings-in-nigerias-oyigbo-community.html?tztc=1

https://www.genocidewatch.com/single-post/unveiling-the-obigbo-army-killing-fields

Oyigbo belong to onne/ogoni axis River state, south south, Niger Delta not south east;imo state.

Most settlers living in Oyigbo today,came from imo state and most of them have intermarry to the indigenous peoples of Oyigbo, doesn't make Oyigbo belong to Igbo or imo state.

Ipob are coward terrorists they should go and serve Hamas for 500 years.

4 Likes

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Okoroawusa: 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2023
If not for that singular act by Wike the whole of Rivers would have been overran by Igbos

3 Likes

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by gidgiddy: 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2023
Deltancapo:

Oyigbo belong to onne/ogoni axis River state, south south, Niger Delta not south east;imo state.

Most settlers living in Oyigbo today,came from imo state and most of them have intermarry to the indigenous peoples of Oyigbo, doesn't make Oyigbo belong to Igbo or imo state.

Ipob are coward terrorists they should go and serve Hamas for 500 years.

There was nothing called Oyigbo until 1976 when Obigbo was carved out of Imo State and put in Rivers State, then renamed 'Oyigbo'

Go and ask the Igbo man who is the King of Obigbo, Eze Mike Nwaji, the Eze Oha 1 of Obigbo
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Deltancapo: 8:29pm On Oct 24, 2023
gidgiddy:

There was nothing called Oyigbo until 1976 when Obigbo was carved out of Imo State and put in Rivers State, then renamed 'Oyigbo'

Go and ask the Igbo man who is the King of Obigbo, Eze Mike Nwaji, the Eze Oha 1 of Obigbo

And you too believe him; being a king in Oyigbo doesn't make him indigen of the land.

1 Like

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by NaMe4: 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2023
Investigations pointed in the direction of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) which had become the usual suspect for heinous crimes in Oyigbo, Rivers boundary with some south-eastern states, the group’s stronghold.

In the timeline on alleged IPOB violent incursions into Oyigbo, the group had, on eve of the 2020 Nigeria Independence Anniversary, allegedly killed a Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, operative and burnt a patrol vehicle before the nationwide #ENDSARS protests started.

Community sources alleged that the secessionist group appeared to have been involved in cases of violence in Oyigbo, especially against the civil populace.

Determined to put an end to IPOB’s presence while mitigating the havoc the visitors allegedly wreaked on Rivers, Governor Nyesom Wike has made some critical pronouncements following the latest Oyigbo mayhem.

On October 28, he signed an Executive Order reinforcing the Federal Government’s proscription of IPOB, as it affects Rivers.

The governor, after signing the order, said, “Let it be understood that we (Rivers) have nothing against any specific tribe and will continue to live in peace with people of all tribal extractions residing or doing business in our state. “But we have everything against the presence and activities of anarchic IPOB and whatever that group stands for in Rivers.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/Igbos-sins-in-rivers-by-wike/amp/

IPOB had been sneaking in from SouthEastern States, terrorising the people of Oyigbo, Rivers State way before ENDSARS protests.

They got tamed, and tamed good.

Now, as usual, they'll tell lies as their history.

Gajagojo:

Ibos under Azikiwe used their numbers and domineering attitude to change the name in the first republic

Sanity has been restored

That is another IPOB lie

Their lies are just nauseating. Never seen people obsessed with stealing lands and resources of others.

1 Like

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Gajagojo: 1:40am On Oct 25, 2023
Idiko1:

The problem you have is an incurable tendency to lie deceive and twist reality
Where did I say Did he is Ogoni?

What is province and where did that come into the conversation

The point is OYIGBO WAS NEVER

Never at any time part of Imo state

When was Imo state created give us a date
When was Oyigbo transferred from Imo state to Rivers state give us a date?

Stop this habit of telling lies
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Kingspin(m): 2:29am On Oct 25, 2023
One feature foolishness of Nigerian state.
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Whalis: 5:40am On Oct 25, 2023
wakaman:

I dare you to go to oyigbo and call it obigbo, shout it, proclaim it and let the indigenous people hear you.
Do that first.

You guys are too naive to do anything right.
You all have zero people skills.

Loud, brash,razz too.
Don't mind the Fool. In all thinking even when oyigbo was in Imo State did it in anyway represent Igbo heartland? How can a place in the outskirts of a place become heartland?
Even the Oyigbo makes meaning to them. But because they are always against anything in the form of decorum. Oyigbo could be said to mean in the same Igbo language An Igbo person. This makes more claim if at all to Oyigbo than Obigbo.
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by jamesversion: 6:17am On Oct 25, 2023
gidgiddy, we appreciate Wike for such beautiful displacement of criminal tendencies in Oyigbo. The place is calm and fit for human existence. Your IPOB/ESN members have gone back to the Bush inside IMO/Anambra states to continue the Biafra madness.

If you feel bad about what happened in Oyigbo, cry. If crying isn't enough for you, you can go and die.

2 Likes

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by stuffs2002: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2023
caleboxylic:

Keep quiet. Nobody calls it oyigbo. Even rivers indigines don't call it oyigbo. It's pronounced obigbo.

Why are IPOB cannibals like this?

You go to another man's village in far away Rivers state, they allow you to do business peacefully only for you to try and rename their village to your own tribe

1 Like

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by stuffs2002: 6:34am On Oct 25, 2023
Gajagojo:

Sanity has been restored

That is another IPOB lie

Lying is in their DNA
See how gidgiddy was exposed and disgraced.

Same way Peter Obi was lying all over the place that he won an election he came a distant 3rd. Obi and his followers knew deep down in their hearts that he lost the elections but they stuck to their lies hoping Nigerians would be deceived by it.
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by ozowarac: 7:02am On Oct 25, 2023
Wike should not go free on the crimes he committed against Humanity.
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by gidgiddy: 7:08am On Oct 25, 2023
jamesversion:
gidgiddy, we appreciate Wike for such beautiful displacement of criminal tendencies in Oyigbo. The place is calm and fit for human existence. Your IPOB/ESN members have gone back to the Bush inside IMO/Anambra states to continue the Biafra madness.

If you feel bad about what happened in Oyigbo, cry. If crying isn't enough for you, you can go and die.

You guys miss the important point in gour bid to protect youe useless 'one Nigeria'

The point here is that your Nigerian Army is just ad criminal, if not more criminal than the criminals they claim to displace
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by gidgiddy: 7:13am On Oct 25, 2023
stuffs2002:

Lying is in their DNA
See how gidgiddy was exposed and disgraced.

Same way Peter Obi was lying all over the place that he won an election he came a distant 3rd. Obi and his followers knew deep down in their hearts that he lost the elections but they stuck to their lies hoping Nigerians would be deceived by it.

Obi should pray he loses, the way Jagaban has messed up Nigeria in just 5 months, taken fuel to N700, Dollar to N1,250, theres nothing left to fix in Nigeria
Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Gajagojo: 9:50am On Oct 25, 2023
Whalis:

Don't mind the Fool. In all thinking even when oyigbo was in Imo State did it in anyway represent Igbo heartland? How can a place in the outskirts of a place become heartland?
Even the Oyigbo makes meaning to them. But because they are always against anything in the form of decorum. Oyigbo could be said to mean in the same Igbo language An Igbo person. This makes more claim if at all to Oyigbo than Obigbo.
Stop

Oyigbo was NEVER in Imo state

That is a dirty lie

Imo was created in 1976 whilst Rivers state was created in 1967

There never was a time that Oyigbo was in Imo state

2 Likes

Re: Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre by Brek: 11:17am On Oct 25, 2023
opamoses1:

Let's just forget about 2017.
As of the result of the 2015-2016 killing of pro biafran protesters 😂

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Rail Network Should Look Like This / 2027: Goodluck Jonathan Should Be The Flag Bearer Of PDP / Missing Abia Airport: We're Interested In Recovering Our Stolen Money- Gov. Otti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.