Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic (2909 Views)

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) / The Bitter-sweet Life Of Nigerian Students In Canada / What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by Bintabisiriyu2: 2:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
nwadikeokey11:
I stop reading watever crap that fellow was trying to say here when I discovered how foolish and stupid he was. In fact the whole crap he postulated here didn't make any reasonable sense to me, so I deduced he was trying to make things up just to sound relevant, as I never believed all wat he was saying here. Or how best can u describe it? From borrowing money which he would repay in few weeks time just to go for tourism, traveling without money, calling his mom to send him money, getting to the beach in Benin, leaving his bag to a total stranger to go see the water, meeting a fisher man and making promise to get him an Android phone, etc. In fact I regretted reading the few I did. He's worst than a dummy, a slowpoke and an slowpoke all join. Honestly I don't believe in wat that fellow is saying here and if truly they happened, then he's truly an imbecilic, moronic, dimwitted asshole, period.

Well i have a feeling it happened o, u know all these naive ajebos naw it's their way.
Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by CedarHoldings: 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
The person that asked you if you are normal knows what's is saying, how come you borrow money go Benin of all places and there you still do father Xmas.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by maturemindsonly(m): 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2023
Bintabisiriyu2:

I already know you bro, based on your narration, and besides such can never happen to me cos i wont put myself in the position that would allow it to happen to me in the first place, don't worry all is well bro.

Well, after viewing your profile and the topics you e created and your replies on other topics, I won’t engage you after this

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by maturemindsonly(m): 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2023
CedarHoldings:
The person that asked you if you are normal knows what's is saying, how come you borrow money go Benin of all places and there you still do father Xmas.

I have a foundation, I’ve been doing giveaway(father Xmas) or whatever you call it for a while, even in Nigeria too, I don’t discriminate, everyone is the same.. poor. Rich, sick, healthy, we’re all the same.. yet we’re different, I love adventures, you like other things, don’t condemn, what you have no knowledge of. I only created the topic for prospective travelers to learn from my experience so they don’t fall victim
Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by maturemindsonly(m): 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2023
brain54:
You traveled to a foreign country…

With no cash. You Just left on a borrowing spree?

Calling people to request cash ‘as needed’.

No plans… not to talk of a back up one?

Don’t know if this is living life on the edge… recklessness or SOMETHING ELSE.

I kinda like your personality though!

Baba, it’s not reckless, I have a foundation, we have people that donate, most esp I love adventures and I’m always ready to try out something new, been involved in several accidents that killed people, escaped death several times, its up to you to believe.. I love adventures and I always love to give
Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by maturemindsonly(m): 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2023
Bintabisiriyu2:

I already know you bro, based on your narration, and besides such can never happen to me cos i wont put myself in the position that would allow it to happen to me in the first place, don't worry all is well bro.

Everyone is wise, smart or intelligent or until it happens to them. I’m a fool, I agree, you might know more than me, I don’t dispute, but you don’t know everything I know..

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by CedarHoldings: 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
maturemindsonly:

I have a foundation, I’ve been doing giveaway(father Xmas) or whatever you call it for a while, even in Nigeria too, I don’t discriminate, everyone is the same.. poor. Rich, sick, healthy, we’re all the same.. yet we’re different, I love adventures, you like other things, don’t condemn, what you have no knowledge of. I only created the topic for prospective travelers to learn from my experience so they don’t fall victim
Good of you,but next time don't borrow to travel again, just don't borrow, am like you borrowing borrowing but I want to stop this year end,it will be part of my new resolution, I discover is not good me it draws me back. Am just advising not base on the topic. Shalom.
Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by brain54(m): 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2023
maturemindsonly:

Baba, it’s not reckless, I have a foundation, we have investors, people that donate, most esp I love adventures and I’m always ready to try out something new, been involved in several accidents that killed people, escaped death several times, its up to you to believe.. I love adventures and I always love to give
Bro I am not against your adventurous spirit…

I like adventure too. Probably more than you. I don’t query your wanting to give out to people- that’s a good thing too.

Just pointed out that you maybe need to be more careful next time and probably plan better for your next trip.

I don’t think it was wise of you traveling on empty pockets and start calling for funds from friends and family even from the Nigerian borders. Don’t want to go through reading the story again but if I recollect clearly you became stranded and started calling for assistance right from the Nigerian border- baba that’s crazy.

Like I said I kinda like you though. I am not bashing you.

Just plan better next time. This your trip had very poor planning- you didn’t even have a place to sleep in a foreign land you never been to before.

That’s crazy adventure bro!
Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by maturemindsonly(m): 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2023
brain54:

Bro I am not against your adventurous spirit…

I like adventure too. Probably more than you. I don’t query your wanting to give out to people- that’s a good thing too.

Just pointed out that you maybe need to be more careful next time and probably plan better for your next trip.

I don’t think it was wise of you traveling on empty pockets and start calling for funds from friends and family even from the Nigerian borders. Don’t want to go through reading the story again but if I recollect clearly you became stranded and started calling for assistance right from the Nigerian border- baba that’s crazy.

Like I said I kinda like you though. I am not bashing you.

Just plan better next time. This your trip had very poor planning- you didn’t even have a place to sleep in a foreign land you never been to before.

That’s crazy adventure bro!

Thanks Bro, I love adventures, some loan apps had borrowed me about 70k in the evening of the previous day.. so I had that, but couldn’t access my bank because I had given the bike man , I use USSD

Thanks, I had planned to stay at the beach(to save cost) for my two day visit, I planned to go to Togo(for two days) and then Ivory Coast for two days , all by road for fun.. Crazy
Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by brain54(m): 3:22am On Oct 26, 2023
maturemindsonly:

Thanks Bro, I love adventures, some loan apps had borrowed me about 70k in the evening of the previous day.. so I had that, but couldn’t access my bank because I had given the bike man , I use USSD

Thanks, I had planned to stay at the beach(to save cost) for my two day visit, I planned to go to Togo(for two days) and then Ivory Coast for two days , all by road for fun.. Crazy
Yeah crazy…

Really crazy!
Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by Wealthyonos(m): 8:25am On Oct 26, 2023
maturemindsonly:

Yes, we can be friends

Drop your number pls. I'm in Oregun, Ikeja
Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by PattyMike(m): 3:15am On Nov 07, 2023
Reason I believe you is cus I actually went for a wedding around idi iroko this weekend with friends, before Ipokia. I nearly lost my mind, I drove and drove and drove. Immigration go flag me down I go match accelerator all go japa. I didn’t know I was approaching the border. No single filling station was functioning😂. From idi iroko I almost got to Owode coming back before I see fuel buy. Meanwhile I dey face that Owode-Atan road for night, tipper fell again as usual. I will NEVER drive there again, you try. 😂 Thank God for the captain black I was smoking while driving, na that one dey give me energy wey eyes clear. I don’t mind if I know it’s far, I’ll prepare for it but no wyn me say idi-iroko na just 5 minutes after Owode. Me and groom fight no be small.
Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by PattyMike(m): 3:22am On Nov 07, 2023
maturemindsonly:

Everyone is wise, smart or intelligent or until it happens to them. I’m a fool, I agree, you might know more than me, I don’t dispute, but you don’t know everything I know..
Abeg when next u want to move make I know, make we plan am properly this time lol. Jan/Feb? Need to renew my passport first. mikepatetim(AT)gmail.com
Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by Tekahashi: 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2023
CedarHoldings:
Good of you,but next time don't borrow to travel again, just don't borrow, am like you borrowing borrowing but I want to stop this year end,it will be part of my new resolution, I discover is not good me it draws me back. Am just advising not base on the topic. Shalom.
i swear bro, it's like living life backwards
Re: My Bitter Sweet Experience At Cotonou, Benin Republic by oweniwe(m): 7:52pm On Nov 07, 2023
nwadikeokey11:
I stop reading watever crap that fellow was trying to say here when I discovered how foolish and stupid he was. In fact the whole crap he postulated here didn't make any reasonable sense to me, so I deduced he was trying to make things up just to sound relevant, as I never believed all wat he was saying here. Or how best can u describe it? From borrowing money which he would repay in few weeks time just to go for tourism, traveling without money, calling his mom to send him money, getting to the beach in Benin, leaving his bag to a total stranger to go see the water, meeting a fisher man and making promise to get him an Android phone, etc. In fact I regretted reading the few I did. He's worst than a dummy, a slowpoke and an slowpoke all join. Honestly I don't believe in wat that fellow is saying here and if truly they happened, then he's truly an imbecilic, moronic, dimwitted asshole, period.

There are people like that o

I know one. The way they think is difficult for others to understand grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mexican Drug Cartel Massacre Immigrants In Cold Blood! / ‘see How Young Girls Sleep In The Bush In Italy’-nigerian Man Reveals / Japanese Wife Finally Visits Ghanaian Husband's Town After 25 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.