Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 (985 Views)

Suswam: We’re In A Bad Situation, Nigeria May Not Exist By 2030 / Buhari: Nigeria to provide electricity to 5 million households by 2030 / Osinbajo: Nigeria To Achieve 30% Power Supply From Renewables By 2030 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 by 2elliot: 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2023
yarimo:
As far as TINUBU is Nigeria president, in 2030 Nigeria will be greater than America, Russia,china,Qatar, UAE, Japan, UK and Canada
Mumu. You no wan still get sense even after supporting Buhari and proclaiming such delusions.
Re: How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 by pansophist(m): 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

grin grin grin grin grin

Why you dey laugh? you no be better person cry
Re: How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2023
pansophist:

Why you dey laugh? you no be better person cry

I remember when I made a thread in 2020 that if people can't Japa they shouldn't have children and I was called all sorts of names. Nigeria of 2020 is even a paradise compared to Nigeria of 2023. As of that 2020, I will take 3000 naira to ShopRite and I will buy enough to make a big pot of stew. You can't even so that with 8k now in 2023. Honestly if I never left Nigeria I will live the rest of my life like a monk. I will never date or get married. I am not even in a very rich country and see how people live their lives devoid of worries.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 by kettykin: 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2023
Corn247:
What i think,

Nigeria will still remain as it is in 2030

-Nigeria is not going to disintegrate because majority are not willing, some of the major tribes like igbos and hausa-fulani see Nigeria as their heavenly Jerusalem and something they must conquer (tho they don't have the capability ) . You see them grabbing lands anywhere they can... They simply love Nigeria because they benefit greatly from it.

-Nigeria is not going to restructure also simply because majorities are against it, the reason they are against is because SW and SS regions are the regions feeding the whole nation and restructuring will bring great imbalance. It is only SW and SS that is actually calling for restructuring out of 6 regions.

-There will surely be fights but Nigeria will still be pretty stable because Tinubu will not play with securities and he will not tolerate nonsense!

The only thing that can cause Nigeria disintegration is inter tribal war.

The only thing that can make Nigeria to restructure is if Nigeria is divided into three, North, West and East, but unfortunately Nigeria is more divided now and some people will rather remain in Nigeria than form an enclave with some kind of people.

Lets just hope for the best!

Please how on earth is SW feeding Nigeria, I understand SS and North, how does SW come into this picture
Re: How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 by pansophist(m): 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I remember when I made a thread in 2020 that if people can't Japa they shouldn't have children and I was called all sorts of names. Nigeria of 2020 is even a paradise compared to Nigeria of 2023. As of that 2020, I will take 3000 naira to ShopRite and I will buy enough to make a big pot of stew. You can't even so that with 8k now in 2023. Honestly if I never left Nigeria I will live the rest of my life like a monk. I will never date or get married. I am not even in a very rich country and see how people live their lives devoid of worries.

I feel you, man.

Sometimes, you just have to laugh, otherwise, you might cry.

Hence I have said before that Nigeria is still a colony. It's not a country, a nation, or a state with any shred of sovereignty. Nigeria exists to serve western imperialism. It is as simple as that.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2023
pansophist:

I feel you, man.

Sometimes, you just have to laugh, otherwise, you might cry.

Hence I have said before that Nigeria is still a colony. It's not a country, a nation, or a state with any shred of sovereignty. Nigeria exists to serve western imperialism. It is as simple as that.

Nigeria is not a colony it's a large human prison. It serves no one. Westerners no even send Nigeria again.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 by lastkingsman: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2023
YoobaNesan:

@Nipfmod, pansophist, Gerrard59, nairalanda1

I was taught to look at the fundamentals before making a projection.

The fundamentals

1. Nigeria has no rule of law; impunity is the order of the day. An accountant general of the federation can divert 80bn naira and nothing will happen. A "strong" politician can grab, snatch and run with the people's mandate and heaven will not fall ("in Wike's voice"wink clearly violating inec's electoral guidelines. The recklessness is above 50°C.

2. Fault lines: Nigeria can never agree on anything once ethno-religious and partisan sentiments are deployed. Someone was criticizing the recent move by nnpc to import heavy crude to revive kadnuna refinery and one educated baboon from northern was shouting northern hatred. Sigh

3. Reckless spending and debt piling up: Well, nothing has changed. Infact it has increased now city boy is in charge grin. 400bn cash transfer and 5bn presidential yatch are just the beginning.

4. Revenue problems: from crude theft to governments' inability to diversify the economy, we are headed for an economic collision. Debt servicing to revenue ratio close to 100% is not a joke

5. Insecurity: hmmm, It's a terrible situation. "To protect the lives and property of the citizens" oath taking is now a mere slogan.

Having look at the fundamentals, 2030 will be the year 🦇 BAT will be handing over power that's if he decides not to go for third term. My projection is Nigeria will have serious economic and security issues. GDP per Capita around $1000 by then

1 Like

Re: How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 by Hilariousthiago(m): 3:54am On Nov 06, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

you and Gerrard59 are such an inspiration for me, I hope you guys never quit using this website.

1 Like

Re: How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 by SuperOnyi: 6:08am On Nov 07, 2023
shocked

This thread breaks my heart because...
Re: How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 by virginboy1(m): 11:26am On Nov 18, 2023
pansophist:
1. Biafra, Oduduwa, Arewa, and all ethnic minorities will still remain intact. There will be no division. We will only divide if external powers intervene.

2. Nigeria and Nigerians will be poorer than now. Praying, hoping, wishing, expecting, crying, etc doesn't change a country for the better, but only hard work with visionary leaders and brilliant citizens.

Nigeria lacks visionary leaders, and its most brilliant citizens are few in comparison to the dumbest and the smartest are all leaving the country. Where will redemption come from?

3. Our population will increase, especially from our northern kinsmen. So we shall have more mouths to feed, but little resources to match.

4. Leaving Nigeria will become extremely hard (except for Ecowas countries) since the buying power of Nigerians will be greatly reduced, the naira will depreciate, and countries will make it harder to leave.

5. The TikTok generation will be in their 20ś, and they would be wilder and feral than the older generations. So more single parents, more thugs, and less marriage.

This is a very sad prediction, I hope it doesn't happen. But to predict the future, you must take a look at the past. Nigeria as a country has had it best years in the past, and never in the founding of Nigeria has its best years be seen in the future.

For example, we thought GEJ time was worse until Buhari happened to us. Now Buhari time is actually better than Tinubu time. The problem with Nigeria is the constitution. It was imposed, and not designed by Nigerians, for Nigerians.

Nigeria will NEVER move forward with that constitution. Nigerians are just sheep in a huge prison, just like Gaza. The smart one knows this. Of course, few might have the ability to leave the prison, but the few are the necessary masks that cover the reality for the rest, that they are slaves.

cc: yoobanesan
Did you studied psychology or philosophy....your just too good

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You See Nigeria By 2030 by jude79(m): 11:30am On Nov 18, 2023
So far as the power to appoint inec chairman and chief justice resides with the president, as 1999 constitution stipulates, Nigeria goes nowhere, and Nigeria will continue to serve as a huge prison for it's citizens under the control of the ruling party. Qed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. / Fellow nairaland Let Us Pray For The Forthcoming Election / Ptdf, What About Others?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.