Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip (3959 Views)

Sit At Home: Unknown Gunmen On Rampage Now At Uli Campus- Video / Obasanjo Celebrating The Fall Of Biafra At Uli Airstrip / Nnamdi Kanu Posing & Smiling With A Policeman In Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by opamoses1: 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2023

Then Colonel Olusegun Obasanjo posing for photos for the Associated Press at Uli airstrip, on Monday, January 12, 1970, shortly after its capture by his 3rd Marine Commando forces, in an operation code-named Tailwind.

Hours earlier, Emeka Ojukwu left Biafra from this same venue to, as he put it, "search of peace". He never returned.

Colonel Obasanjo would go on to capture key Biafran officials and accept the unconditional surrender of Biafra's armed forces. A formal surrender ceremony occurred at Dodan Barracks on Thursday, January 15, 1970, ending the Nigerian Civil War, which began on Thursday, July 6, 1967.

The war officially started on a Thursday and ended ceremonially on a Thursday. Subsequently, General Yakubu Gowon announced that there was "no victor, no vanquished'.
Copied from Reno Omokri on X.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by accordadoga29(f): 9:06pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hehehe

This wicked baba and Adekunle showed some people’s grandpas shege.

Thank God for Awolowo who pleaded on their behalf, if not dem for no exist again

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by 66spirit(m): 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2023
Those were the days when lizards were in twos and threes...

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by opamoses1: 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2023
Great Nigerian troops celebrating the surrender of Biafra at Uli airstrip.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by LAXconfidential(m): 9:09pm On Oct 24, 2023
So this thread is where yoromoslem tribalist pigs are having their picnic grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by LeoDeKing: 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2023
[url][/url]
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

These wicked baba and Adekunle showed some people’s grandpas shege.

Thank God for Awolowo who pleaded on their behalf, if not dem for no exist again
On the contrary for me, the emboldened is the greatest undoing of the Great Awo.

He should have allowed the Nigerian Army ensure complete obliteration of nonsense.

23 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by Goodvibes007: 9:19pm On Oct 24, 2023
LAXconfidential:
So this thread is where yoromoslem tribalist pigs are having their picnic grin

History says otherwise. 👇👇👇

Dear authenticsam7,

Thank you for your feedback. Before the election, I maintained that Tinubu was admitted, attended, and graduated from Chicago State University. After the election, I maintained the same thing. Three months before the election, I was interviewed by AriseTV and maintained that though I do not want Tinubu to win the election, I would not lie against him. So, when did I change? What am I saying now that is an opposite of what I said after I went to CSU to verify the truth? Because I refused to lie that a man did not attend a school I know he attended, I am a betrayer?

And are you sure that Yorubas are betrayers? Are you even aware that when Northern military officers came to arrest the then Military Head of State, Major General Thomas Aguiyi-Ironsi on July 29, 1966, Colonel Adekunle Fajuyi, the Military Governor of the Western Region, refused to abandon the then Head of State, choosing instead to be loyal to him until death, even though he was given the option to replace Ironsi as Head of State?

After Nzeogwu’s death (the circumstances of his death are still hazy and shrouded in controversy) at the age of 30 on July 29, 1967, his friend, Olusegun Obasanjo, cared for his family and assisted his siblings with their education and became like a son to his mother.

Obasanjo did not have to do it. None of Nzeogwu’s military colleagues from Eastern Nigeria and the Biafran military did it. But Obasanjo did. Obasanjo went to Okpanam more than 5 times to visit Nzeogwu's mother. Neither Ojukwu or any member of the Biafran High Command did.

Also, when Ambassador Walter Carrington told General Obasanjo not to return to Nigeria from Copenhagen because he would be arrested by Abacha on coup plotting charges, General Obasanjo instead brought forward his return date. When asked why he returned to Nigeria, he posited that if he returned, Abacha would be less likely to kill those already arrested, especially his friend, Shehu Musa Yar’adua.

How many Nigerians do you know who can behave so honourably?

Major General Tunde Idiagbon was abroad in Mecca when Babangida and Sani Abacha overthrew him and Major General Buhari. But he returned. Gowon was overthrown in Kampala and did not return.

Finally, there is the case of MKO Abiola, who returned to reclaim his mandate from Nigeria’s most brutal military dictator ever. He was arrested in 1994. He was offered bail, but refused freedom in exchange for abandoning his mandate. This was a multimillionaire in US Dollars. The richest man in Nigeria at that time. Yet, Bashorun chose prison over freedom. He did not run away and abandon his people.

The Yoruba are a very tactful and diplomatic people. These are attributes that some people mistake for cowardice or sycophancy. They are a people who understand how to stoop to conquer.

No Yoruba leader would abandon his people and side with their opponents during a war or flee and leave them to their fate after a war. Others may behave like that, but not Omo/ti-Olu-Iwa-bi!

However, please be aware that I am Itsekiri, not Yoruba.

Thanks again, and may God bless you.

#TableShaker

Reno Omokri

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1716531623645081722?t=FJ7_G_mHzpLse8FXSiFUpw&s=19

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by Phoen1X: 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2023
While others celebrated, obasanjo was deeply interested in the ingenuity employed in building that airstrip in record time....a record not yet broken in nigeria..50years later.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by obiekunie01: 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2023
as him come win all the win, were the one nigeria come dey today?? cheesy cheesy grin

where the winner come keep him crown? cheesy

al the tribes that participated in the murder of igbos in the name of WAN NIJERIA what is their situation today??

the Hausa have been denied everything!

the middle belts and northeast turned into bokoharam and herdsmen sitting duck for target practice!

the entire north is now one huge IDP and a land decimated by hunger and insecurity!

southwest become rice bandits and shofisticated skull miners!

the ijaw south-south which was used to block access to igboland has been turned into an un-inhabitable highly polluted waste land where their resources has been looted in their korokoro eyes and used to develop abuja, kano kaduna and lagos! while they are hiding in creeks and being paid peanuts! cheesy grin

the fulanis despite being in political leadership for years still have absolutely nothing to show for it! their disillusioned youths turned to bandits, kidnappers and highway robbers to survive!

DESPITE DESTROYING THE ENTIRE IGBOLAND, DESTROYING EVERYTHING THAT THE IGBOMAN OWNS IN THE GUISE OF BRINGING THEM BACK TO THEIR WAN NIJERIA, AND LIKE THE PHOENIX, THE IGBOMAN ROSE FROM THE ASHES OF THE DESTRUCTION, TO A GREATER HEIGHT FAR ABOVE ALL OF THEM! AND STILL SOARS ABOVE THE SKY DESPITE ALL THE EFFORTS TO PULL HIM DOWN!

till today, they are still doing their best to pull the igbo man down thru the use of saboteurs whom they empowered politically to help them destroy the igbo man.
their saboteurs devised unknown gunmen to kill all our intellectuals , our business moguls, our priests, and send many discerning IGBO voices on exile!

BUT DESPITE ALL THESE ATTACKS ON US, WE STILL STAND STRONG LIKE THE GIANT ROCK THAT WE ARE! cool

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by Authoreety: 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2023
No fighting here o

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by LAXconfidential(m): 9:24pm On Oct 24, 2023
Goodvibes007:

History says otherwise. 👇👇👇

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1716531623645081722?t=FJ7_G_mHzpLse8FXSiFUpw&s=19

Ain't reading all that crap.

I'm happy for you though

Or sorry that happened.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by Entprys(m): 9:38pm On Oct 24, 2023
We won against Biafrans. Onitsha destroyed. But tday I am not happy because Onitsha we burnt to ashes is now far better and richer than our ibadan that was not bombed

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by kettykings: 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
Entprys:
We won against Biafrans. Onitsha destroyed. But tday I am not happy because Onitsha we burnt to ashes is now far better and richer than our ibadan that was not bombed

Did you really win on the battle field of starve and blockade Biafra that surrendered to prevent the continuous death of women and children?

Imagine Germany rather than fight man to man decided to blockade Russia to submission, what kind of useless 3nd world War victory it would been.

Biafra military still holds tha ace any day

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by Entprys(m): 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
kettykings:

Did you really win on the battle field of starve and blockade Biafra that surrendered to prevent the continuous death of women and children?

Imagine Germany rather than fight man to man decided to blockade Russia to submission, what kind of useless 3nd world War victory it would been.

Biafra military still holds tha ace any day
We won. Winning is winning

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by kettykings: 9:51pm On Oct 24, 2023
Did Nigeria military really win the Civil war on the battle field or the starvation platform? Celebrating after loosing the 2nd division of the Nigerian military ibadan 3 times. The 4td division was reduced from a 33 000 Man team to less than 300 men, the first division that was stagnate for more than 3 years of the war never celebrated?

Babangida is still nurses injuries, buhari has PTSD. Obasanjo has deep tissue scare at his ground, no Biafra general or senior military officer from Colonel was wounded or died

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by gidgiddy: 10:00pm On Oct 24, 2023
Well, we now see the Nigeria Obasanjo and others fought for has become a monumental disaster

And now we know that was right to try and fight his way out of what would be a monumental disaster

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by FreeStuffsNG: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2023
opamoses1:

Copied from Reno Omokri on X.
Pa Obasanjo has always been a very charismatic leader of men. Now I see why he is always very unpleasant when he is relegated or when his opinion is challenged.

Incidentally, the account is that Col. Benjamin Adekunle , Black Scorpion, was the real Hero that led the gallant Nigerian forces through the tough battle grounds but was replaced by Col. Obasanjo after he had achieved most of the victory at the war front.

The war was avoidable but became necessary to be prosecuted for the sake of the nation. Both sides lost a significant number of lives and we pray never to experience war in Nigeria again.
May God bless Nigeria for ever. Check my signature for free stuffs!

21 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by stuffs2002: 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2023
obiekunie01:
as him come win all the win, were the one nigeria come dey today?? cheesy cheesy grin

where the winner come keep him crown? cheesy

al the tribes that participated in the murder of igbos in the name of WAN NIJERIA what is their situation today??

the Hausa have been denied everything!

the middle belts and northeast turned into bokoharam and herdsmen sitting duck for target practice!

the entire north is now one huge IDP and a land decimated by hunger and insecurity!

southwest become rice bandits and shofisticated skull miners!

the ijaw south-south which was used to block access to igboland has been turned into an un-inhabitable highly polluted waste land where their resources has been looted in their korokoro eyes and used to develop abuja, kano kaduna and lagos! while they are hiding in creeks and being paid peanuts! cheesy grin

the fulanis despite being in political leadership for years still have absolutely nothing to show for it! their disillusioned youths turned to bandits, kidnappers and highway robbers to survive!

DESPITE DESTROYING THE ENTIRE IGBOLAND, DESTROYING EVERYTHING THAT THE IGBOMAN OWNS IN THE GUISE OF BRINGING THEM BACK TO THEIR WAN NIJERIA, AND LIKE THE PHOENIX, THE IGBOMAN ROSE FROM THE ASHES OF THE DESTRUCTION, TO A GREATER HEIGHT FAR ABOVE ALL OF THEM! AND STILL SOARS ABOVE THE SKY DESPITE ALL THE EFFORTS TO PULL HIM DOWN!

till today, they are still doing their best to pull the igbo man down thru the use of saboteurs whom they empowered politically to help them destroy the igbo man.
their saboteurs devised unknown gunmen to kill all our intellectuals , our business moguls, our priests, and send many discerning IGBO voices on exile!

BUT DESPITE ALL THESE ATTACKS ON US, WE STILL STAND STRONG LIKE THE GIANT ROCK THAT WE ARE! cool

IGBOS have themselve to blame for the war

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by ElSudani: 10:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
Japa airstrip.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by truthhurtsnaira: 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

Yeah Adekunle was a crack head….

And Yeah, some NIGGERS should be thanking his majesty in London for financing and dashing them second hand weapons to fight fellow blacks to keep England and their WHITE race great

LOL

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by kettykings: 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2023
Notice how the north never celebrated but kept a tacit silence.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by Mbanda(m): 10:41pm On Oct 24, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

Is this lie what your grandpa told you? So, your grandpa didn't tell you that if not for britain, former soviet union and Egyptian pilots, dem for no born you because the people wey suppose do, for don kpai finish.

6 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by Whatisurproblem(m): 10:58pm On Oct 24, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

thesame people always make reference claiming Babangida says Yoruba are Coward. Ojukwu ran away from front line, Obasanjo hold ground, If you read the Biafra war documentary, it stated that Babangida couldn't stay 48hrs in front line as he sustain injury 🤕 and was evac and never participated in ñthe war again. The man who lack tactics have no moral justification to call Yoruba who hold ground coward

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by sreamsense: 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2023
Whaoo! Good time when there was no Ipob and Bokoharam. Time that only one gun and many sticks are enough to scare bad guys. Time when end time children like kanu and Ekpa had not been born to bring terror to South east. Time that Boko Haram founder was still crawling and playing with sand.

16 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by kettykings: 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2023
Whatisurproblem:
thesame people always make reference claiming Babangida says Yoruba are Coward. Ojukwu ran away from front line, Obasanjo hold ground, If you read the Biafra war documentary, it stated that Babangida couldn't stay 48hrs in front line as he sustain injury 🤕 and was evac and never participated in ñthe war again. The man who lack tactics have no moral justification to call Yoruba who hold ground coward

But Babangida did, he knew yorubas in and out.
Participate in war indeed. Starving women and children is partication in war?

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by Rostikol: 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
opamoses1:

The war officially started on a Thursday and ended ceremonially on a Thursday. Subsequently, General Yakubu Gowon announced that there was "no victor, no vanquished'.

IGBOS ARE VERY LUCKY IT WAS GOWON IN POWER THEN.

IMAGINE IF IT WAS SOMEONE LIKE ABACHA?

HE WOULD HAVE ORDERED HIS TROOPS TO WIPE OUT THE IGBOS FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH AFTER THEIR SURRENDER AND OJUKWU'S FLIGHT.

IGBOS HAVE GOWON TO THANK FOR STILL BEING AROUND TODAY.

HE EVEN GAVE THEM MONEY AFTER DEFEATING THEM.

WHO DOES THAT?

I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH, IN THE HISTORY OF WARFARE.

i THINK IGBOS UNDERSTAND THIS POINT BECAUSE I'VE NOTICED THEY DON'T REALLY HATE GOWON AS MUCH AS YOU WOULD HAVE EXPECTED THEM TO.

YAKUBU GOWON WAS MAGNANIMOUS IN VICTORY.

IF YOU WERE IN NIGERIA IN 1973 OR 1974, YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE IGBOS HAD JUST BEEN CRUSHED IN A CIVIL WAR A COUPLE OF YEARS EARLIER.

THEY WERE WELCOMED BACK INTO NIGERIAN SOCIETY IMMEDIATELY AND WERE ALL OVER LAGOS AND THE NORTH.

YOU WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE WAS A CIVIL WAR.

IT WAS ALL THANKS TO YAKUBU GOWON, WHO DECLARED AFTER THE WAR THAT ''THE IGBOS ARE OUR BROTHERS, AND MUST BE WELCOMED BACK INTO THE NIGERIAN FAMILY.''

16 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by kettykings: 12:13am On Oct 25, 2023
Rostikol:

HE WOULD HAVE ORDERED HIS TROOPS TO WIPE OUT THE IGBOS FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH AFTER THEIR SURRENDER AND OJUKWU'S FLIGHT.

WHO DOES THAT?

i THINK IGBOS UNDERSTAND THIS POINT BECAUSE I'VE NOTICED THEY DON'T REALLY HATE GOWON AS MUCH AS YOU WOULD HAVE EXPECTED THEM TO.

IF YOU WERE IN NIGERIA IN 1973 OR 1974, YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE IGBOS HAD JUST BEEN CRUSHED IN A CIVIL WAR A COUPLE OF YEARS EARLIER.

THEY WERE WELCOMED BACK INTO NIGERIAN SOCIETY IMMEDIATELY AND WERE ALL OVER LAGOS AND THE NORTH.

IT WAS ALL THANKS TO YAKUBU GOWON, WHO DECLARED AFTER THE WAR THAT ''THE IGBOS ARE OUR BROTHERS, AND MUST BE WELCOMED BACK INTO THE NIGERIAN FAMILY.''

This is another blatant ,fallacious tale. The war commanders were murtala Mohammed, who commanded the others like Abacha and the rest if murtala Mohammed narrowly escaped loosing the entire 2nd division at Abagana, Abacha would not have been spared, Mohammed Shuwa Abacha's kinsman could not make much progress with 1st division of the Nigerian military and was at a stalemate till the war ended despite having Chadian rebels fighting for him.

Nigeria should go and thank soviet union, Britain and Egypt, there was absolutely nothing extraordinary that Nigeria military could do in the battle field

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by kettykings: 12:21am On Oct 25, 2023
Mbanda:
Is this lie what your grandpa told you? So, your grandpa didn't tell you that if not for britain, former soviet union and Egyptian pilots, dem for no born you because the people wey suppose do, for don kpai finish.
If there was no starvation, Nigeria military would never have won the war, there was nothing extraordinary that Nigeria military could do besides shooting unarmed civilians and starvation of women and children

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by TheBillyonaire: 12:28am On Oct 25, 2023
Contrary to popular opinions, Biafra was a country. And fought Nigeria gallantly.

If our forefathers fought the Slave Traders the way Biafrans fought Nigeria, then slavers would have had a second thought. I really appreciate Ojukwu and Philip Effiong for showing Nigeria that the SE/SS can take up arms and defend our dignity as a people.

If the same nonsense that was perpetrated in the 1950s are to be repeated again, the SS/SE will still take up arms and defend our pride and I will not hesitate to join the ranks and file.

Today, we are one nation, so let there be respect, or we all go back to pre-1960.

Stop this tribalism. No tribe is better than the other. The bigger tribesmen are the ones messing up our Economies now, yet your regions are dirtier than Haiti.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by killsmith(f): 12:29am On Oct 25, 2023
Rostikol:

WHO DOES THAT?

Today you're igbo, tomorrow you hate igbo.

You need a get a life.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by TANID(m): 12:48am On Oct 25, 2023
Authoreety:
please No fighting here o
cheesy
Re: Throwback Picture Of Former President Obasanjo Posing At Uli Airstrip by Omoawoke2(m): 1:05am On Oct 25, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

grin bros you wicked

They say when Yoruba man scream war, you should go to sleep forgetting this category of people that showed some people papa shege banza pro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

23 Accompany Jonathan’s Wife - Waste, Waste, Waste / Picture SA Pastor Makes His Members Eat Pants And Cloth During Deliverance / Breaking News: Tribunal Rules Out Petition Against Rivers Governor, Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.