Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

The Pros And Cons Of Fee-only And Commission-based Financial Advisors - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Pros And Cons Of Fee-only And Commission-based Financial Advisors (93 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Investing In Naples FL Real Estate? / How To Become A Verified Baxi Box Agent, Plus Their Charges and commission / The Pros And Cons Of Real Estate Investment - Oleks Merchant Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Pros And Cons Of Fee-only And Commission-based Financial Advisors by Intei: 4:59am On Oct 26, 2023
Research tells us that people are often confused between fee-only & commission-based advisors as they are not sure who is better than the two for them. If you are in the same situation, you are hardly alone, but you’ve now come to the right place. So, you should not look further than Rockbridge Investment Management.

To be honest with you, the financial world has significantly changed all over the world; the role of fee-only financial advisors cannot be overlooked. Without a doubt, planners and advisors can be hired in two ways; one is that you pay them the fixed fee for their financial services, and the other is to pay them commission for the products they will sell or trade, etc.

Compared to commission-based financial advisors and planners, fee-only financial advisors are not more in demand for obvious commercial reasons. Even though you may think of some other ways of hiring fee-only financial advisors, when talking about the two basic ways, they are fee-only financial advisors & commission-based financial advisors.

Financial advisors and business owners both feel more comfortable with flat fees

It would not be wrong to say that financial advisors and business owners both feel more comfortable with flat fees, so the same may be the case with you as well if I’m not mistaken. Studies show that commissions often lead to controversies down the road. I'd like to believe that the safest and most peaceful way to make use of financial services is to work with fee-only financial advisors rather than with commission-based advisors and planners.

There is no denying that you can pay a fixed rate to a fee-only financial planner or advisor, so both of you are no longer left with any space for controversies in the time to come. Without wishing to sound conceited, I'm a veteran business owner and I often hire financial advisors when I need them, I hire them in different ways; but for the most part, I love to go for a preset price for the services I get from them.

Commission on the products has always been controversial & conflicting

On that account, I’d like to advise you the same thing to act on even though we may agree to differ. As you may already know commission on the products that are sold has always been controversial & conflicting, to be honest with you. If you ask me sincerely, I'd love to recommend you choose the option of a fee-only financial advisor for the above reasons along with several benefits that can outweigh the fee quite comfortably, and I can say that based on my own experience.

The best part is that the benefits of doing so go in both parties' favour. When talking about the way fee-only financial planners charge, they charge their clients directly a fixed amount for their financial services, and that’s about it. On the other hand, using financial advisors on commission terms is always filled with legal battles in the time to come, so the ball is now in your court.

(1) (Reply)

Please Is Engine Oil Business Advisable To Do / These Are Benefits Of Obtaining A Personal Loan / What Are The Benefits Of The Crypto Exchange Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.