Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC (5839 Views)

Presidency: Consensus Candidate Is Rubbish, Deceptive –Wike Blasts Saraki, Atiku / APC Wins Abaji Area Council But No Candidate Is Declared / Malami: It Is Premature To Conclude Soldiers Used Live Ammunition At Lekki Toll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by Thonyb2: 7:43am On Oct 26, 2023
The All Progressives Congress (APC) says delisting its candidate, Chief Timipre Sylva from the list of governorship candidates for November 11 Bayelsa governorship election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is premature.

Mr Felix Morka, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, said this in a statement in Abuja.

“The attention of the APC has been drawn to the updated list of gubernatorial candidates for the Nov. 11 governorship election in Bayelsa by INEC, which excluded our candidate’s name, Chief Timipre Sylva.

“This action by INEC may not be unconnected with the High Court judgement of October 9, which disqualified Chief Timipre Sylva as the candidate of our party.

“Our candidate and party promptly appealed that judgment and brought other processes seeking a stay of the judgment’s execution.

“Recognising the extreme urgency of the matter, the Court of Appeal granted an order of accelerated hearing of the matter now fixed for definite hearing on Friday Oct. 27,” Morka said.

He added that INEC was a party in the matter and had been served with all relevant filings and orders regarding the matter.

He said that delisting APC’s candidate in the circumstances as INEC had done was clearly premature and could preempt the outcome of the valid appeal in the matter.

He said that removing the party’s candidate from the list of governorship contestants in Bayelsa would foist a situation of helplessness on the appellate court, the candidate and the party should the appeal succeed.

Morka urged INEC to withdraw its amendment under reference in the interest of fairness.

He appealed to the people of Bayelsa, especially APC’s teeming members and supporters, to remain calm while the judicial process runs its full course.

He expressed confidence that the party’s candidate would be victorious both at the Court of Appeal and at the poll.

Justice Donatus Okorowo of the Federal High Court, Abuja, in a judgement delivered on October 9, disqualified Sylva from featuring in the November 11 governorship election.

Okorowo ruled that Sylva, having been sworn in twice and ruled for five years as governor of Bayelsa, would breach the 1999 constitution as amended if allowed to contest again.

https://.ng/2023/10/26/inec-delisting-our-bayelsa-guber-candidate-is-premature-apc/

1 Like

Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by Ikaeniyan0: 7:47am On Oct 26, 2023
Sylva once rule Bayelsa, I don't think there's any tangible thing he can point at that he did in the state.

The APC should have just given the ticket to Lyon and avoid this kind of mess

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by whippersnapper(m): 7:55am On Oct 26, 2023
This sylva no get shame I swear. How many years him wan do as governor

10 Likes

Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by oluwaseunamos33(m): 7:55am On Oct 26, 2023
Lol. I can't laugh oo
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:55am On Oct 26, 2023
Congratulations to Pee Dee Pee

3 Likes

Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by Xscape1993(m): 7:57am On Oct 26, 2023
Evil party.... evil candidate and certificate forger president.....

2 Likes

Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by Wasky101: 7:57am On Oct 26, 2023
If the court in 2007 ruled that no election was held in 2007 and sacked Timpriye to order for a rerun how then can another court validate the election after 16years.

Lawyers and Judges ehen them no fit see heaven

3 Likes

Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by christejames(m): 7:58am On Oct 26, 2023
Having candidates with questionable characters is more premature undecided

Evil Party!
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by uchwar1: 7:59am On Oct 26, 2023
Greedy men
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by Cmanforall: 8:00am On Oct 26, 2023
Election is soon.
Sylva shouldn't have contested. It would have been better if he played a godfather role to ensure his candidate won the APC ticket

1 Like

Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by roliomomo(m): 8:00am On Oct 26, 2023
Can they explain to me why?
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by Starships4u(m): 8:00am On Oct 26, 2023
Put the list in incubator,
It'd mature...

2 Likes

Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by Bobloco: 8:00am On Oct 26, 2023
cheesy
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by hefelove(m): 8:01am On Oct 26, 2023
I need a car for rental to be use for (uber and bolt business), to deliver weekly.

I’m ready to start work immediately.

If you are an intending investor/partner and you are willing to invest in uber/bolt business in Lagos

I will handle your car with utmost care and you will have good return on your investment.

I am ready to pay weekly as agreed without any stories.

I will provide verifiable guarantor as needed.

car security is guaranteed.
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by BucketMan: 8:04am On Oct 26, 2023
It's a lost case for APC given the facts.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by baike: 8:05am On Oct 26, 2023
So sylva no fit leave the ticket for lyon

So now who lose APC or Bayelsans sad sad

Asking for a friend grin

2 Likes

Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by bigdammyj: 8:10am On Oct 26, 2023
Ok.
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by Oromoni619: 8:11am On Oct 26, 2023
cheesy cheesy grin

APC which way
Politics in Nigeria na die
Abeg the hardship is real, mk I go hustle for my today accurate prediction

No time, that's what is keeping common man happy

Chat me up if interested.
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by wolesmile(m): 8:21am On Oct 26, 2023
Wetin Sylva forget for government house wey he wan go take?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by AntiChristian: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2023
Bayelsa is about 11000km with over 65% covered with water and less than 10 LG!

Yet they collect Oil money and all other allocations!

Bayelsa should be paradise on earth!

1 Like

Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by missionmex(m): 8:40am On Oct 26, 2023
Wasky101:
If the court in 2007 ruled that no election was held in 2007 and sacked Timpriye to order for a rerun how then can another court validate the election after 16years.

Lawyers and Judges ehen them no fit see heaven
all the contract he awarded was not revoked all the money he was paid asca governor he did not return...... so you dothe maths.
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by Shikini: 8:42am On Oct 26, 2023
Lol
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by Eteka1(m): 8:44am On Oct 26, 2023
Sylva should go and rest. He cannot be sworn in as Governor for the third time. It's against the Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by thatigboman: 8:49am On Oct 26, 2023
whippersnapper:
This sylva no get shame I swear. How many years him wan do as governor
do governor do minister, no single achievement
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by whippersnapper(m): 8:49am On Oct 26, 2023
thatigboman:
udontmeanit
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by garfield1: 9:02am On Oct 26, 2023
thatigboman:

What has diri done? Sylva set up the famous famou tangbe operation that dealt with criminals
Re: INEC Delisting Our Bayelsa Guber Candidate Is Premature – APC by Racoon(m): 9:02am On Oct 26, 2023
So they expecting Slyva to be on the list?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Students Devise New Education System For Nigeria / N3.16bn Ceramic Firm In Ogun For Commission / Nigeria Loses 3137MW Of Electricity Due To Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.