Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,571 members, 7,837,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu (26410 Views)

Top 10 Hilarious/powerful Responses From Atiku/obi NG Candidate Interview / Photos From Atiku's 2019 Campaign In Owerri, Imo State / Photos From Atiku Abubakar’s Campaign In Jigawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Ilekokonit: 4:06am On Oct 27, 2023
I've learnt that I must no longer be as passionate about a better Nigeria as i have been in the past and I should actively avoid Nigerian news so that I can focus on the one life I have been given because recent events mean that its a waste of time and effort hoping for a better Nigeria.
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Ilekokonit: 4:10am On Oct 27, 2023
I've learnt that Nigerians have lost their sense of decency.
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Ilekokonit: 4:16am On Oct 27, 2023
I've learnt that Nigeria is being run by Alibaba and the Forty Thieves and any thing goes in Nigeria.
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by mecustika: 5:31am On Oct 27, 2023
What i have learnt is that, in Nigeria crime pays handsomely. But if you want to succeed you must commit big crime and steal big. as to have enough money to bribe the police,the judges and all others that matter.
In Nigeria the law only catch small time criminals, the big ones are celebrated and worshipped.
I also learnt that voting in Nigeria is a waste of time , because your votes don't count.
I
Another lesson is that to succeed in politics in Nigeria henceforth you must be a criminal and not hope on the peoples votes but on your deep pocket to buy inec chairman ,the police and the election judges. You must also not forget to hire the services of thugs and and fellow criminals ,who are ready to kill for you.
The most important of all the lessons is that Nigeria is beyond hope. Anyone looking forward for a better Nigeria is living in a fools paradise. If Nigeria is not broken up, I bet my life it can never move forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Btruth: 6:02am On Oct 27, 2023
Que Sera Sera...."What will be, will be". Never struggle with whom God has ordained. Learn from the story of Mordecai & Haman in the Book of Esther in the Bible.

It didn't end well for Haman.

1 Like

Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by hush15: 6:05am On Oct 27, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
What lesson can you learn from Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi and President Bola Ahmed Tinubu?

So much lessons but the one that sticks most is never take anything Nigeria or Nigerians too serious. A huge joke, Nigeria is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by kalayiro: 6:34am On Oct 27, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
What lesson can you learn from Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi and President Bola Ahmed Tinubu?
Once the president is announced don't bother going to court😂
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Satazaa: 6:59am On Oct 27, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Lol. That Nigeria is one kind of a funny country. Imagine people blaming Obi and Atiku for distracting Tinubu from focusing on the Economy.

I have always maintained that Tiffnubu is too senile to lead Nigeria. There's nothing anymore upstairs in that coconut head. If e didn't dey then e didn't dey.
I challenge you to listen to his eloquent speech at the recent Nigeria economic summit group and I dare say that non of his co-contestants will have ever been capable of that, part of his strength is appearing incapable which people like you latch on to, only for him to use to disarm and destroy his enemies, I posit that no singular politician is any where as politically sophisticated as Tinubu
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Gaabasky: 7:10am On Oct 27, 2023
Human networking and self believe.
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by NothingDoMe: 7:43am On Oct 27, 2023
Satazaa:
I challenge you to listen to his eloquent speech at the recent Nigeria economic summit group and I dare say that non of his co-contestants will have ever been capable of that, part of his strength is appearing incapable which people like you latch on to, only for him to use to disarm and destroy his enemies, I posit that no singular politician is any where as politically sophisticated as Tinubu
Na eloquent speech we go chop?😅

I can see how he used the eloquent speech to disarm and destroy the Economy. Lemme abeg 😅
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Iamanoited: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2023
THAT JUSTICE OKORO IS GOD'S WEAPON TO MOVE NIGERIA FORWARD.
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Iamanoited: 8:09am On Oct 27, 2023
THAT JUSTICE OKORO IS GOD'S WEAPON TO MOVE NIGERIA FORWARD.

GOD USES JUSTICE OKORO TO ESTABLISH 26/10/23 AND 31/12/23.
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Christistruth00: 8:27am On Oct 27, 2023
Swiftgrp:

Your post is riddled with a lot of historical falsehoods here which shows that you are young in age and do not have a firm grasp of real historical events.

The former administrative capital of Nigeria from 1914 to 1991 was Lagos Island NOT the larger Lagos State which only came into existence on May 27,1967 [alongside 11 other newly created states] for the indigenes by General Yakubu Gowon.

95% of the total landmass of Lagos State was located in the Western Region and the massive developments and industrializations with industrial estates of Ikeja, Isolo, Ilupeju, Iganmu, Badagry, Ojo, Epe, Ikorodu, Ibeju Lekki, etc, from the 1950s were under the dynamics leadership of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN, and his Action Group Party lieutenants. The nearby Apapa port served as the major exit points from the industrial estates for the export of cocoa, palmnuts, and cash crop commodities and finished goods to Europe and America. It was on May 27,1967 that 95% of Lagos State's landmass of today like Ikeja, Agege, the entire Lekki Peninsula, Epe, Ikorodu, Badagry, etc, was carved out from the ownership of the Old Western Region [Now Ogun State] to create the new Yoruba-owned Lagos State from the lands of the Ijebu and Awori-Yorubas.

So, massive industrial developments were going on in all the industrial estates, the construction of Ikeja GRA, the first TV station in Africa in Ibadan, the then first skyscraper in Nigeria at Ibadan, and more of what is now Lagos State before the 1967 12 states creation.

Well Said
The Dream that made Lagos an Economic Powerhouse today was Awolowo's Dream

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Swiftgrp: 9:21am On Oct 27, 2023
Christistruth00:

Well Said
The Dream that made Lagos an Economic Powerhouse today was Awolowo's Dream
@Christistruth00
Indeed. Thanks for affirming my post.

Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN and his innovative team laid that economic foundation for Oyo, Ogun and Lagos States before May 27, 1967. Some of the younger ones do not realize that Western House skyscraper on Lagos Island was built by Awolowo who was the Premier of the Western Region, and even a lot of investments in Real Estate or property developments were made on Lagos Island from the 1950s. Iganmu and environs were the boundaries between the Western Region and Lagos Island/FCT axis from what I gleaned from the archival documents years ago.

That man [Obafemi Awolowo] was ahead of his time! Aside from being a lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, he was even a reader of mystic philosophies and much more, so I am not surprised at his level of advanced thinking. I remember reading those facts about him in 1987 when he passed on peacefully at home and was given a State burial in Ikenne, Ogun State as a GCFR of Nigeria.

Even the building that Nigeria used as a High Commission in London from 1960 was fully owned and used by the Western Region as a diplomatic office but was transferred as a gift to Nigeria for use at independence in 1960!

Obafemi Awolowo was indeed on the same level in thinking with the late Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore whose books [like "From Third World to First"] I have read from cover to cover. The Yoruba folks were well on the way to gaining a First World status and this would have trickled down to most parts of Nigeria if the military had NOT truncated democracy, and introduced massive corruption as seen from the IBB to the Abacha years. There was corruption in democracy at different levels, but the system had a way of fishing the guilty ones out for trial in courts and for prison punishments. Fortunately as of 2023, with the application of innovative technologies, security, accountability and democracy can be enhanced with minimal corruption.

All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Microwhy: 10:55am On Oct 27, 2023
Xscape1993:
Nigeria is a corrupt and fraudulent country is my lesson. We are too full of tribal, religion and political sentiments. Nigeria is not a serious country. Majority of Nigerians just love sufferings. Nigeria, China, India and UAE were called developing countries some years ago, but look at the development gaps between Nigeria and these countries. What a big pity on some Nigerians that are blinded with agberoism, toutism, certificate forgerism and baronism and fraudulentism!
Your comment still include you in the pool of fools instead of you making a distinguish analysis but you further more immerse yourself.
Mumu
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Boldideas: 11:08am On Oct 27, 2023
mariahAngel:

The story of the patient dog that starved to death. 🤣

Your disposition has led many to untimely death.
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by caracas: 11:42am On Oct 27, 2023
akinadesun:

• To be honest, I learnt so much.

• These are the lessons.

• Hard work pays off for Tinubu.
• Importance of planning (Tinubu conceived the idea of becoming president in 2007, he took his time to plan to actualize him ambition, you can say he took him 16 years to plan).
• Identify the stepping stone to achieve your ambition (Tinubu cleverly used Buhari as a stepping stone to achieve his presidency ambition by supporting Buhari for 2015 presidential election.
• Try to be always strategic.
• To achieve your goal, know the best time to strike and go all out. No other year would have been better for Tinubu to become President other than 2023. Atiku and Obi refused to get this right!
• Build broad-based support. Who could have taught the likes of Elrufai would have been allies of Tinubu).
• Don’t ever lose hope (APC primary was unpredictable, despite the turbulence from the presidency (cabal), APC as a party, fall-out with former loyalists like Osinbajo, Aregbe, Ojudu, etc, Tinubu remained undisturbed and carried the day)
• Respect your benefactors every time. (Osinbajo, Aregbe fail here)
• Don’t overestimate your strength (Osinbajo and Amaechi did).

• Don’t ever get deceived. Obi got deceived by rains of endorsements from the likes of Afenifere, religious groups, people without electoral values.
• Stay focused on your responsibilities (Emefiele was distracted, turned himself into politician while occupying public office).
• Ignorance about Nigerian legal and political system (Most of Obi’s supporters demonstrated highest level of ignorance about Nigerian legal system). To be candid, law and politics must be introduced into Nigerian education curriculum.
• Don’t be greedy (Atiku and Obi are, and are not strategic at all!)
• Know the best time to take a bow (Atiku failed in this aspect, he would have allowed the PDP presidential candidate to come from South).
• Money is important. Work, work and work to get money. Nigeria politics is not for the poor.
• Try to be scientific in your approach, Atiku and Obi lack scientific approach
• I hope someone writes a book to highlight the lessons from the 2023 presidential election.

You forgot to add the single n most important in Nigeria. It doesn’t matter if you’re popular or not
Have money to bribe your way through…
Bribe INEC AND THE JUDICIARY…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Evidenx(m): 11:53am On Oct 27, 2023
I have Learnt that Nigeria have lost the map to move forward and the map to take us back to where were before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by BALLOSKI: 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2023
MS247:
cool

Keep your focus on your career and not distraction

The best form of investment is investing in human

If you invest in 100 people 90 would betray you 10 would uplift you

Do not discriminate based on class

Drivers, Police, Iyaloja, Babaloja, Agbero are people that are loyal the most

A good example

1: Tinubu as a Governor in 1999🤔 saw Judges were earning just less than 50k and most dont have a car

He did the Judiciary reform, bought them Peaguet 504 , gave both Federal and State Judges allowance in Lagos

Today most of this Judges are elevated and in higher courts, his victory to them was paramount

Don't make it look like he was favored by them based on what he did for judges in 1999. It's good to acknowledge that feat, but he won fair and square.
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Ilekokonit: 2:45am On Oct 28, 2023
mecustika:
If Nigeria is not broken up, I bet my life it can never move forward.

Even if it is broken up, the most criminally minded Politicians with enlough looted funds from their pre-breakup positions will still use their money to corrupt the whole system. Is it not the likes of Wike, Miss Tinubu, Gandollar, Orji Kalu, Igbinedion, James Ibori etc, etc with enough historic looted funds that will use their money to buy themselves into leadership positions in the new broken up units

Like you said, hope seems lost for Nigeria to not become a full basket case laughing stock in the comity of nations 'cos with our current President Miss Tinubu, we are a laughing stock the world over.

See how much ridicule Nigeria and Nigerians will start facing worldwide once FBI starts releasing Miss Tinubu's criminal files starting from 3 days time.

I was going to curse the Appeal and Supreme Court judges before I remembered that God no longer cares about Nigeria and Nigerians 'cos if he did, we would not be lumbered with a President who is a Certified Drug Baron, Treasury Looter, Election Thief, Identity and Certificate Thief and Impersonator, Fake Dishonest Transgender, Serial Liar and Certificate forger whose FBI files detailing his seedy past are about to be released to the world.

With Tinubu's criminality laid bare for THE WHOLE WORLD to see, I marvel at how some Nigerians can still be proud enough to support Tinubu in public ??

What morals and legacy will Tinubu's supporters teach / leave for their children ?

Will Tinubu's supporters teach their children that it pays to be a Certified Drug Baron, Treasury Looter, Election Thief, Identity and Certificate Thief and Impersonator, Fake Dishonest Transgender, Serial Liar and Certificate forger ??

Tinubu Supporters, Haba una no dey shame
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by Iamanoited: 9:33am On Oct 28, 2023
THAT IT IS ILLEGAL TO PLAY ESPIONAGE AND HOOLIGANISM AGAINST THE CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY IN YOUR COUNTRY.

iamwai & iamalive.
Re: What Lesson(s) Have You Learnt From Atiku, Obi And President Tinubu by thinkmoney(m): 9:20pm On Oct 28, 2023
Swiftgrp:

Your post is riddled with a lot of historical falsehoods here which shows that you are young in age and do not have a firm grasp of real historical events.

The former administrative capital of Nigeria from 1914 to 1991 was Lagos Island NOT the much larger Lagos State which only came into existence on May 27,1967 [alongside 11 other newly created states] and created for the indigenes by General Yakubu Gowon.

Over 95% of the total landmass of Lagos State of today was located in the Old Western Region [Now Ogun State] and carved out to merge with the smaller Lagos Island. The massive developments and industrializations in the industrial estates of Ikeja, Isolo, Ilupeju, Iganmu, Badagry, Ojo, Epe, Ikorodu, Ibeju Lekki, etc, from the 1950s were done under the dynamic leadership of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN, and his Action Group Party lieutenants. The nearby Apapa port served as one of the major exit points from the industrial estate hubs for the export of cocoa, palmnuts, and other cash crop commodities and finished goods to mainly Europe and America from the rich Western Region. It was on May 27,1967 that over 95% of Lagos State's landmass of today such as Ikeja, Agege, Mushin, Amuwo Odofin, Ojo, the entire Lekki Peninsula, Epe, Ikorodu, Badagry, etc, was carved out from the Old Western Region [Now Ogun State] to create the new Yoruba-owned Lagos State from the lands of the Ijebu and Awori-Yorubas.

So, massive industrial developments were already going on in all the industrial estates, the construction of Ikeja GRA, the first TV station in Africa in Ibadan, the then first skyscraper in Nigeria at Ibadan, and more of what is now Lagos State before the 1967 12 states creation.

Abuja is NOT the same as Lagos State, so it is very wrong for YOU to compare the two different geo-political entities. Lagos State is an independent state with indigenes just like the other 35 States and they all have NO similarities with the FCT [ Abuja] which was carved out from what is now Niger, Kogi, Kaduna, and Nassarawa States in North Central Nigeria to be used as a central Nigerian administrative capital in 1976 simply because Lagos Island belongs to indigenous Yorubas and was too small for further expansion. Even the British Colonialists who used Lagos Island as their administrative capital from 1914 to 1960 clearly stated that Lagos Island belongs to the Yoruba people as stated by Lord Lugard in the historical Colonial archives.

Lugard didn't want Lagos Island to be the administrative capital but chose Kaduna. Lugard stated that Lagos Island was small, enervating, and was already inhabited by the Yoruba natives. The British Home Government overuled him because Lagos Island was close to the Atlantic coast among other reasons.

I put it to you that you lack context of things and the narrative you have given is very mangled and it’s just what one can class as history revisionism.
First to be very clear with you, I never in anyway insinuated or suggested that Lagos isn’t a Yoruba city. Every land has their indigenous populations just like the gbaris are the indegenes of Abuja. Your need to raise up the argument to support Yoruba ownership of Lagos must have come from your bigotry mind because it was never an issue in that write up.
That having been made clear, I will do my best again to tell you the detailed history, context and situation of Lagos.
Lagos since the colonialist time, especially after the amalgamation of Nigeria was the capital of Nigeria till 1991. Although a state was created with its own administrator that encompasses the FCT that was then located on the island, still the military governments to Babangida made sure of ambitious infrastructures that extended even to mainland Lagos with the aim of making the general Lagos befitting a capital city. Till Babangidas time in very recent 1993, lagos was enjoying the largest federal allocations (please dispute this).
This are example of ambitious projects in the mainland Lagos by military government:
-The third mainland bridge
-Eko bridge
-National theater in Iganmu
-National stadium surulere
-Nigeria port authority Apapa
-the several military barracks in surulere, Oshodi area, command ipaja and other places in Lagos
-the several police barracks
-federal palace hotel VI
-Nico Nuga hotels Ikeja
-The international airport Ikeja
-A complete city from ground up FESTAC, by Obasanjo in Amuwo Ofofin. etc

It’s a shameless and terrible lie by you to try to tie any meaningful infrastructure in Lagos to Awolowo (you people can conveniently lie about things like this because study of history as all but gone entirely from Nigeria schools and Nigerians generally don’t care to read). Ibadan was the capital of the western region and most notable infrastructures by the western regional government was situated in Ibadan. Awolowo to his eternal credit built things that were novelty even in Africa in Ibadan like the first TV station and the tall cocoa house. I do not know though any infrastructure that connects Awolowo to Apapa?
My fundamental point is that it’s a big lie crediting Tinubu as the builder of Lagos. The federal government built Lagos. They provided unique infrastructures (that I referred to as factors) in Lagos that wasn’t available anywhere else. It’s this factors that attracted huge capital and Human Resources to Lagos that made Lagos one of the wealthiest city in Africa and allowed other administrators and governors from Buba Marwa and Jakande to Ambode to get capitals(money) to build more infrastructures.
Cities and community were raised naturally around many of these grand infrastructures by the military governments as it’s the case in FESTAC that begat Ago Palace, Apapa port and possibly the barrack at command Ipaja.
The context I pointedly accused you of lacking is your inability to understand that it’s this factors/huge and unique infrastructures by the federal government that have caused a ripple effect that made locations close-by prosperous and relatively more advanced infrastructure wise. Lagos mainland is advanced and enjoying development even by state governors because it’s close to those fundamental infrastructures by the military governments. Some of this infrastructures are even now under the control and ownership of the state government.
Ondo and Oyo states too, being very close to Lagos and accessible are enjoying relatively more developments than other states. Many companies that have their markets in Lagos but wanted lands to build on situated their offices and buildings just after Berger and ikorodu areas that are geographically in ogun. This places though geographically located in ogun and oyo can be said to be economically connected to Lagos.
This is why I said Lagos is like Abuja. Because Abuja too in the last 20 plus years have started enjoying federal investment the way lagos did and it is attracting capital and human reassures too. Still it can’t even brag about 1/3 of military investments Lagos enjoyed over time. The military were builders. If Kaduna had become a federal capital like you said Lugard wanted, it most probably would have been our Lagos now. Hausas too would have been using it to brag.
So Mr Old man. Understand context and stop mangling up history to suit some selfish, dark and bigotry narratives.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cyril Dum-Wite Arrested During Rerun Election (Video) / Fashola In N166bn Road And Bridge Contract Mess - Premium Times / Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.