Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Church And Security. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church And Security. (189 Views)

Crowd And Security Greet Prophet Odumeje As He Triumphantly Enters Ukpo, Anambra / Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Lightning Strikes Rwandan Church And Kills 16 Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church And Security. by Newborn27(f): 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2023
This topic had been bothering me for a long time that I don't feel satisfied with the responses I get offline on it...

I want the scholars on here to please shed more light on this:

Thieves kept bulging into church and mosque buildings to steal electronics and money...after several praying and reporting to the police with no positive results...the pastor concluded on getting a guard...*vigilante corp* to help secure the church at night while each members pay for his salary.

Nobody dare enter a shrine to steal without instant repercussions...so I'm confused and need clarification Sirs/Mas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church And Security. by kkins25(m): 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
booking space
Re: Church And Security. by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2023
Newborn27:
This topic had been bothering me for a long time that I don't feel satisfied with the responses I get offline on it... I want the scholars on here to please shed more light on this: Thieves kept bulging into church and mosque buildings to steal electronics and money...after several praying and reporting to the police with no positive results...the pastor concluded on getting a guard...*vigilante corp* to help secure the church at night while each members pay for his salary. Nobody dare enter a shrine to steal without instant repercussions...so I'm confused and need clarification Sirs/Mas.
The thieves already figured out that church business is nothing but that, business. They probably haven't figured out that the shrine business is likely pretty much the same thing. Plus, most shrines have next to nothing worth robbing. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church And Security. by Newborn27(f): 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The thieves already figured out that church business is nothing but that, business. They probably haven't figured out that the shrine business is likely pretty much the same thing. Plus, most shrines have next to nothing worth robbing. undecided

The rate at which christianity is being privatized and monetized in Nigeria without giving back to the society saddened my heart.

Imagine members of a church can't afford the tuition fees of their kids in the same church they've been paying tithe.

Some mega churches will query their parish pastors during monthly returns if the money is incomplete.

There's much hunger and suffering in town...no mega church is doing or saying anything yet living large.

I just tire....God abeg!
Re: Church And Security. by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
Newborn27:
The rate at which christianity is being privatized and monetized in Nigeria without giving back to the society saddened my heart. Imagine members of a church can't afford the tuition fees of their kids in the same church they've been paying tithe. Some mega churches will query their parish pastors during monthly returns if the money is incomplete. There's much hunger and suffering in town...no mega church is doing or saying anything yet living large. I just tire....God abeg!
During what point in time was Christianity not of private enterprise? Was it when Constantine endorsed it and made it the official religion of Rome? Or when the Catholic Church proclaimed itself, and its pope official representatives of God on earth? When? undecided
Re: Church And Security. by Newborn27(f): 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
During what point in time was Christianity not of private enterprise? Was it when Constantine endorsed it and made it the official religion of Rome? Or when the Catholic Church proclaimed itself, and its pope official representatives of God on earth? When? undecided

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Church And Security. by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2023
Newborn27:
■ Hmmmmmmmmmm
I expect you to tell me when. undecided
Re: Church And Security. by Newborn27(f): 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I expect you to tell me when. undecided

I never replied because your question has its answers in it already and I don't want the topic to generate into arguing religion....

Talking about the catholic church...their impact on bringing the religion down here to us was initially flawless and it's 80% beneficial to everyone unlike their fellow Islamic counterpart whose religion preach war on infidels. According to them.

The primary aim of the CMS and Roman catholic in bringing christianity to us was to tell us about christ...but they found it hard to communicate with the locals which brought about the formal education we're both enjoying today...that same education brought light and both positive and negative impact on us....but as time goes by...the greed in human started monopolizing the religion and using the bible for their selfish interest.

The Jesus Christ we're all emulating never monopolize the gospel neither did he selfishly milk his followers dry but healed .... blessed and performed miracles according to the bible.

To my original topic;

Is it faith that we lack as human to be employing a guard or greed and selfishness that gives people the effontery to steal from the church?
Re: Church And Security. by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
Newborn27:
■ I never replied because your question has its answers in it already and I don't want the topic to generate into arguing religion.... Talking about the catholic church...their impact on bringing the religion down here to us was initially flawless and it's 80% beneficial to everyone unlike their fellow Islamic counterpart whose religion preach war on infidels. According to them. The primary aim of the CMS and Roman catholic in bringing christianity to us was to tell us about christ...but they found it hard to communicate with the locals which brought about the formal education we're both enjoying today...that same education brought light and both positive and negative impact on us....but as time goes by...the greed in human started monopolizing the religion and using the bible for their selfish interest.
■ The Jesus Christ we're all emulating never monopolize the gospel neither did he selfishly milk his followers dry but healed .... blessed and performed miracles according to the bible.
■ To my original topic; Is it faith that we lack as human to be employing a guard or greed and selfishness that gives people the effontery to steal from the church?
The original mission appeared initially flawless but when you consider their history in bringing the same Christianity to other parts of the world, you would find that what eventually happened is to be expected as the religion has always— from its very foundation — been about the establishment of private enterprise. The same applies as far as Islam as well where the initial promise also does not compare with the reality of things at the end of the day. Sort of like what politicians do, after all, that is what religion is all about — politics of power and wealth. undecided

2. There is nothing Jesus Christ about any of those religions because at the very root of religion is politics and greed. undecided

3. Faith? The Catholic church — the father church of all your other churches today —has its own army of guards. If papa needs an army of them, why Pikin case suppose different? undecided
Re: Church And Security. by Newborn27(f): 7:07am On Oct 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The original mission appeared initially flawless but when you consider their history in bringing the same Christianity to other parts of the world, you would find that what eventually happened is to be expected as the religion has always— from its very foundation — been about the establishment of private enterprise. The same applies as far as Islam as well where the initial promise also does not compare with the reality of things at the end of the day. Sort of like what politicians do, after all, that is what religion is all about — politics of power and wealth. undecided

2. There is nothing Jesus Christ about any of those religions because at the very root of religion is politics and greed. undecided

3. Faith? The Catholic church — the father church of all your other churches today —has its own army of guards. If papa needs an army of them, why Pikin case suppose different? undecided

Aside from the greedy and political aspect of religion...the doctrine of the bible is the best to nurture a child and have a saner clime....but it's so pathetic that it's only the favourable aspect of the bible that our religious leaders are using for their selfish interest.

*Orun nikan lo meni ti yoo la*

Sis Kobo...if you eventually have a child (ren) of yours... won't you nurture him/her with the biblical principles? Cos I'm 💯 sure you were never born an atheist.
Re: Church And Security. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:26am On Oct 27, 2023
It's common sense nah!

To illustrate imagine a market where only few people goes to sell firewood, charcoal and palm kernels as the marketers makes little cash just to feed compared to big stores where all kinds of electronics are sold and in millions the marketers smile to the bank daily which of the two will attract thieves?

Ọmọ forget about jazz if fortune could be found in shrines all what the thief needs is to fortify himself with strong jazz before invading the place, you and i know that thieves always takes risks they're not scared of anything as long as it involves huge success.

Jesus has taught his disciples not to store what will attract thieves:

“Stop storing up for yourselves treasures on the earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal. Rather, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

So if some people now claim they're followers of this man yet keep attractive things in their places of worship abeg from who do you think they are expecting protection?
Definitely not from the man who has already warned them against such things! Matthew 7:24-27

May you have PEACE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church And Security. by Newborn27(f): 8:07am On Oct 27, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
It's common sense nah!

To illustrate imagine a market where only few people goes to sell firewood, charcoal and palm kernels as the marketers makes little cash just to feed compared to big stores where all kinds of electronics are sold and in millions the marketers smile to the bank daily which of the two will attract thieves?

Ọmọ forget about jazz if fortune could be found in shrines all what the thief needs is to fortify himself with strong jazz before invading the place, you and i know that thieves always takes risks they're not scared of anything as long as it involves huge success.

Jesus has taught his disciples not to store what will attract thieves:

“Stop storing up for yourselves treasures on the earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal. Rather, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

So if some people now claim they're followers of this man yet keep attractive things in their places of worship abeg from who do you think they are expecting protection?
Definitely not from the man who has already warned them against such things! Matthew 7:24-27

May you have PEACE!

WOW!

Kudos for this response and the biblical backup.

Christianity has been messed up cos of our religious leaders greediness.
Re: Church And Security. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:12am On Oct 27, 2023
Newborn27:

WOW!
Kudos for this response and the biblical backup.
Christianity has been messed up cos of our religious leaders greediness.

It's a pity that the group name "CHRISTIANS" is under constant attack the ruler of this system of things (Satan) started the fight immediately after Jesus' ascension to heaven {Revelations 12:17} though that's not the name God has in mind for His worshipers but Jesus' disciples felt honored to be humiliated as Christ's friends {Matthew 10:33} with that group name as unbelieving Jews in Antioch gave them that name {Act 11:26} but Jesus foretold that Satan will plant his agents among the first century Christians {Matthew 13:25} and so it happened {1John 2:18} from that time till the 20th century Satan's agents kept defaming the Christ with their deeds as uninformed people are thinking they represents Christ Jesus but the true God said:

"You will leave behind a name that my chosen ones will use as a curse, And the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will put each of you to death, But his own servants he will call by another name" Isaiah 65:15

The true God will destroy all false religionists who are defaming the Christ claiming they are Christians {2Corinthians 11:12-15 compare to Matthew 7:21-23} but His own worshipers the true God will call by another group name.

Today Christ's disciples has been separated from among Satan's agents globally {Revelations 18:4} our worship place is always built to the standard of the environment where we gather so that it won't attract faces ask anyone in your neighbourhood about JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES and our place of worship.

That's the name God called us after we were separated from worldly religionists claiming disciples of Christ in 1931:
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 65:15

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Church And Security. by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2023
Newborn27:
Aside from the greedy and political aspect of religion...the doctrine of the bible is the best to nurture a child and have a saner clime...
■ but it's so pathetic that it's only the favourable aspect of the bible that our religious leaders are using for their selfish interest.
■ *Orun nikan lo meni ti yoo la* Sis Kobo...if you eventually have a child (ren) of yours... won't you nurture him/her with the biblical principles? Cos I'm 💯 sure you were never born an atheist.
Are you referring to the same twisted doctrines that are used to indoctrinate kids into living a life filled with fear and anxiety? How in the world is that favorable? undecided

2. They created the doctrines you teach your kids exactly for their own purpose so why is it pathetic? undecided

3. If I eventually? Ha! I will never feed any child I love with any of religious doctrines. That hasn't happened and will never happen. undecided
Re: Church And Security. by Newborn27(f): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Are you referring to the same twisted doctrines that are used to indoctrinate kids into living a life filled with fear and anxiety? How in the world is that favorable? undecided

2. They created the doctrines you teach your kids exactly for their own purpose so why is it pathetic? undecided

3. If I eventually? Ha! I will never feed any child I love with any of religious doctrines. That hasn't happened and will never happen. undecided

It is well with you ma.
Re: Church And Security. by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2023
Newborn27:
■ It is well with you ma.
No it ain't. I am beyond that religious shite since I refuse to be slave to the schemes and cons of men. undecided

Why any seemingly sane individual would teach their children doctrines designed to train them into becoming gullible sheep to serve the political and greedcentric whims of gods of men is beyond me. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Church Members Removed Church From Pastor's House Over His Wife's Tea Refusal / Fada Oluoma And Fr David Okolie Clash Over God's 2024 Prophecy / T.b. Joshua: Emmanuel Tv To Exit Dstv, Gotv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.