Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

You Must Understand Nigerian Politics To Move Forward – Wike Tells APC Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Must Understand Nigerian Politics To Move Forward – Wike Tells APC Leaders (140 Views)

Tajudeen Ade: I Drove Lamborghini At 18, Joined Politics To Serve Not For Money / Nnamdi Kanu: Malami Playing Politics To Divide Yoruba, Igbo People- HURIWA / Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Must Understand Nigerian Politics To Move Forward – Wike Tells APC Leaders by GuruboiNaija: 6:39am On Oct 27, 2023
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, has called on Nigerians to give their support to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, irrespective of their political party affiliations.

The FCT Minister made the call when leaders of the Rivers State All Progressives Congress (APC), led by the National Chairman, South South, Chief Victor Giadom, paid him a courtesy visit in his office in Abuja on Thursday, October 26, 2023.

According to the FCT Minister, members of the Nigerian State must know and understand that the time has come to collectively work for the interest of the country, with the elections now over and the emergence of the president.

He said that President Tinubu has proven that he has the capacity and political will to bring about positive transformation in the country and thus deserves the support of every Nigerian.

Wike said, “Mr. President, having emerged, is not a president of APC. He is the president of all Nigerians”.

Speaking on the need for unity among Rivers State politicians, irrespective party affiliations, the Minister urged them to put aside their individual interests and work for the collective interest of the State by supporting President Tinubu’s administration

He said, “For our state, time has also come that we must understand the politics of the country in order to move forward. So many States have benefited from it; we must also not lose out.

“We must understand that a party is a vehicle that takes you to a place. But once you get to where you are going, you come out from the vehicle.

“The interest of Rivers State is key. It’s not in your interest, particularly. It’s in the interest of our state. What will benefit our state is what we must always protect.”

Wike also used the occasion to reassure that the FCT administration will be fair to all Nigerians, including members of Rivers State.

He said, “I’m not going to discriminate. I’m here for Nigerians. I’m here for those who are members of political parties and those who are not members of any political parties.

“If you have problems, let me know. Don’t say you are APC; don’t say you are PDP. The benefits that other people get in Abuja, let me know. I’m not a politician of self. I’m a politician of all of us.”

https://.ng/2023/10/26/you-must-understand-nigerian-politics-to-move-forward-wike-tells-apc-leaders/

Re: You Must Understand Nigerian Politics To Move Forward – Wike Tells APC Leaders by Taylor92: 6:39am On Oct 27, 2023
sad
Re: You Must Understand Nigerian Politics To Move Forward – Wike Tells APC Leaders by yinkus6750(m): 6:42am On Oct 27, 2023
Who is arguing that ?
Only that chore APC members are the only ones not feeling the paints the masses are going through.
His turn has now been officially confirmed, let him make life meaningful and worth living for the citizens his Presiding over .
The suffering is too much in the land
Re: You Must Understand Nigerian Politics To Move Forward – Wike Tells APC Leaders by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 6:43am On Oct 27, 2023
yes, but not in that corrupted way they are all pathing.
Re: You Must Understand Nigerian Politics To Move Forward – Wike Tells APC Leaders by Misswork(f): 6:53am On Oct 27, 2023
That's it
Re: You Must Understand Nigerian Politics To Move Forward – Wike Tells APC Leaders by Enemiesmasquera: 6:56am On Oct 27, 2023
Any one who can not bear the pain of rigging can't play Nigeria politics.....Oshiomole
Re: You Must Understand Nigerian Politics To Move Forward – Wike Tells APC Leaders by Iamanoited: 7:18am On Oct 27, 2023
WIKE IS A NIGERIANIST.

(1) (Reply)

Election Aftermath / Court Restrains Rivers Assembly From Impeaching Governor Fubara / Court Orders Unconditional Release Of Ex-cbn Gov Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.