Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance (3806 Views)

Etiquettes Of Visiting The Graves / Morning And Evening Adhkar / Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by Lukgaf(m): 7:19am On Oct 27, 2023
In the midst of our busy daily routines, it becomes increasingly important to discover moments of calm and inner serenity. Morning and evening adhkar, which are the daily supplications, present a wonderful chance to establish a deeper connection with our spirituality and experience solace. This thread explores the importance of these morning and evening adhkar, the advantages they offer, and the proper etiquette associated with them inspired by from Alquranclasses.

Allah instructed the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and the believers to remember Him in the morning and the evening in over 15 āyāt of the Qur’ān. Allah says:

يٰٓأَيُّهَا الَّذِيْنَ آمَنُوا اذْكُرُوا اللهَ ذِكْرًا كَثِيْرًا. وَسَبِّحُوْهُ بُكْرَةً وَّأَصِيْلًا
“Believers, remember Allah often and glorify Him morning and evening” (33:41-42)

Here are the few Adhkars in the light of the Quran and Sunnah which is recommended to pray in daily life.

Reciting Ayat ul Kursi
Reciting Ayatul Kursi (Verse of the Throne) in the morning and evening adhkars holds great significance in Islamic practice. Ayatul Kursi is the 255th verse of Surah Al-Baqarah in the Quran and is revered for its profound meaning and spiritual benefits. By reciting it, Muslims seek refuge in Allah from all forms of harm, evil, and negative influences that they may encounter during the day or night.

Reciting the Muawwithat
Muawwithat means the last three Surahs of the Quran, Surah Ikhlas, Surah Falak, and Surah Nas.

Abdullah Bin Khubayb al-Juhanī (RA) reported that he went with other men on a dark and rainy night seeking the Prophet (SAW) to lead them in prayer. When they met him, the Prophet (SAW) said to Khubayb, “Say!” Not knowing what to say, Khubayb remained silent. The Prophet (SAW) made the same demand two more times. On the third time, Khubayb said,

“O Allāh’s Messenger, what should I say?”

The Prophet (SAW) replied:

“Say: “Qul how-Allāhu ahad” and the Mu’awwithātān, three times in the evening and the morning. This should protect you from all (harmful) things.”

Seek Forgiveness
The Prophet (SAW) said that Whoever says it with certitude in the morning and dies during the day before the evening, will reside in Jannah. And whoever says it with certitude in the evening and dies during the night before the morning, will reside in Jannah.

Significance of adhkar for morning and evening
The adhkars (remembrances) recited in the morning and evening play a crucial role in a Muslim’s daily routine. They are a means for Muslims to remember and seek blessings from Allah (God). These adhkars consist of supplications, verses from the Quran, and phrases that serve as reminders of Allah’s presence and guidance throughout the day.

Morning Adhkars:
Morning adhkars begin with expressions of gratitude to Allah for granting another day of life. Muslims acknowledge and thank God, cultivating appreciation and humility. They also seek Allah’s blessings, protection, and guidance throughout the day. It may include specific Quranic verses that act as a shield against evil and harm. Muslims believe that reciting these verses protects them from negative influences, temptations, and adversity.

Morning adhkars allow believers to spiritually prepare themselves before engaging in daily activities. They help focus the mind, seek spiritual strength, and invoke Allah’s assistance in facing challenges and fulfilling responsibilities.

Evening Adhkars:
Evening adhkars often contain supplications for protection during the night. Muslims seek Allah’s safeguarding from nightmares, evil spirits, and any harm that may also provide an opportunity for self-reflection and soul-searching. Muslims reflect on their actions and seek forgiveness from Allah for any shortcomings or sins committed during the day.

Evening adhkars may include verses that remind believers of Allah’s mercy and forgiveness. Muslims understand that regardless of their mistakes, Allah’s mercy is vast and accessible to those who sincerely seek it. This provides solace, comfort, and hope for a better tomorrow.

Etiquettes of morning adhkars and evening
To enhance the adhkar experience and derive maximum benefit, consider the following etiquettes in your mind,

- Set a time in the morning and evening that works best for you to recite adhkar consistently.
- Choose a peaceful and clean space for your adhkar, free from distractions.
- Focus on the meanings and let your heart and mind be present in the supplications.
- Familiarize yourself with the morning and evening adhkar recommended by scholars or spiritual guides.
- Begin by reciting a few adhkar and gradually increase the number as you become more comfortable.
- Take the time to understand the meanings behind the supplications and reflect upon their significance in your life.
- Repeat adhkar regularly to make them a habit and benefit from their profound effects.

In conclusion, morning and evening adhkars are of profound importance in Islamic tradition, offering a means of fostering spiritual connection and discovering inner tranquility amidst the hustle and bustle of daily life. These adhkars encompass supplications, Quranic verses, and remembrance phrases that enable Muslims to express gratitude, seek blessings, and implore for Allah's protection and forgiveness.

To fully benefit from the adhkar practice, it is essential to allocate dedicated moments in the morning and evening, select a serene setting, and contemplate the meanings of the supplications. By incorporating adhkars into their daily routines, believers can nurture mindfulness, inner peace, and a more profound connection with their faith.

You can access these adhkars, along with others, in the 'Hisnul Muslim' book, which is available for purchase or download on the Play Store.

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by AntiChristian: 8:48am On Oct 27, 2023
Get the book!
Recite with your family!
Teach them as and when due!

May Allah accept it.

8 Likes

Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by adesegun121(m): 9:55am On Oct 27, 2023
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 9:58am On Oct 27, 2023
Jazaakumullohu Khairan

5 Likes

Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by triple996(m): 10:09am On Oct 27, 2023
jazakalau khair

5 Likes

Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by FiftyFifty(m): 11:43am On Oct 27, 2023
Jazakallahu Khaira. No time is Azkar more important than now.

Barka da Jumu'ah to my brothers and sisters.

6 Likes

Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by Klint4me: 11:45am On Oct 27, 2023
I prefer audio version of it. Which is what I've been yearning for for long.

Any one that has it, kindly provide it

1 Like

Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by Bimpe29: 11:57am On Oct 27, 2023
The adhkaars are of great importance in the day to day affairs of every Muslim.

Most importantly is the time in which morning and evening adhkar/supplications are to be observed, for the morning adhkar starts immediately after Subhi/Fajr prayer while that of the evening begins after Asr prayer.

May Allah helps us to remember Him, praise Him and worship Him in the best manner Aameen.

Jumu'ah Mubarak!

2 Likes

Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by sunna4u: 12:31pm On Oct 27, 2023
Jazaakallah. I used to recite it for more than 15yrs now.

AlhamdLillah, I am out of every trouble

2 Likes

Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by Engineer036: 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2023
Jazakhumlah khayran
Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by Engineer036: 1:22pm On Oct 27, 2023
[
Subhanalah
post=126643954]Jazaakallah. I used to recite it for more than 15yrs now.

AlhamdLillah, I am out of every trouble[/quote]
Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by Ibrixy: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2023
Klint4me:

Download Muslim Muna app, go to azkar tab and download the audio. you can play it anytime. The app also sets a reminder for azkar time( but morning and evening).
Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by Mosba: 1:43pm On Oct 27, 2023
Jazakallahu khaira
Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by Danmisra(m): 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2023
Jazakallahu khairan
Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by ALFADOS(m): 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2023
May Almighty Allah increase your knowledge and iman @Lukgaf
Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by slimtoney(m): 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
message me on slimtoney@yahoo.com so I can send you the video.
Klint4me:

Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by Laplace125(m): 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
Klint4me:

https://www.tvquran.com/en/selection/3/adhkar-of-the-morning
Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by Occurstaem(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2023
Klint4me:

I came across this on telegram. I hope you find it helpful.

https://t(dot)me/ruqyahdownloadaudio

Remove the (dot) and put the proper dot as in this .

Antispam bot didn't allow it, that's why.
Re: Morning And Evening Adhkar: Etiquettes And Significance by Banjoramos(m): 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2023
*EVENING ADHKAAR (REMEMBRANCE)*

❤أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ.
اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَّهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَن ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَىْءٍ مِّنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَؤُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ

💛Transliteration: 'A 'oothu billaahi minash-Shaytaanir-rajeem. Allaahu laa 'ilaaha 'illaa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyoom, laa ta'khuthuhu sinatun wa laa nawm, lahu maa fis-samaawaati wa maa fil-'ardh, man thai-lathee yashfa'u 'indahu 'illaa bi'ithnih, ya'lamu maa bayna 'aydeehim wa maa khalfahum, wa laa yuheetoona bishay'im-min 'ilmihi 'illaa bimaa shaa'a, wasi'a kursiyyuhus samaawaati wal'ardh, wa laa ya'ooduhu hifdhuhumaa, wa Huwal- 'Aliyyul- 'Adheem.

❤Recite Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq and An-Nas.(3times)

❤َاَمْسَيْنَا وَاَمْسَ الْمُلْكُ لِلَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ، رَبِّ أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَ مَا فِيْ هَذه اللَّيْلَةِ وَخَيْرَ مَا بَعْدَها، وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا فِي هَذَه اللَّيْلَةِ وَشَرِّ مَا بَعْدَها، رَبِّ أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْكَسَلِ، وَسُوءِ الْكِبَرِ، رَبِّ أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابٍ فِيْ النَّارِ وَعَذَابٍ فِيْ الْقَبْرِ

💚Transliteration:'Amsaynaa wa'amsal-mulku lillaahi walhamdu lillaahi, laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer. Rabbi 'as'aluka khayra maa fee hathee-layla wa khayra maa ba'dahaa wa 'a'oothu bika min sharri maa fee hathee-layla wa sharri maa ba'daha, Rabbi 'a'oothu bika minal-kasali, wa soo'il-kibari, Rabbi 'a'oothu bika min 'athaabin fin-naari wa 'athaabin fil-qabri.

❤اللَّهُمَّ بِكَ أَمْسَـينا، وَبِكَ أَصْبَحْنَا، وَبِكَ نَحْيَا، وَبِكَ نَمُوتُ، وَإِلَيْكَ المصير

💚Transliteration: Allaahumma bika 'amsaynaa, wa bika 'asbahnaa, wa bika nahyaa, wa bika namootu wa 'ilaykal-masirr

❤اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لَّا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ، أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ، وَأَبُوءُ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِر لِي فَإِنَّهُ لَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ

💚Transliteration: Allaahumma 'Anta Rabbee laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta, khalaqtanee wa 'anaa 'abduka, wa 'anaa 'alaa 'ahdika wa wa'dika mas-tata'tu, 'a'oothu bika min sharri maa sana'tu, 'aboo'u laka bini'matika 'alayya, wa 'aboo'u bithanbee faghfir lee fa'innahu laa yaghfiruth-thunooba 'illaa 'Anta.

❤اللَّهُمَّ مَا أََمْس بِي مِنْ نِعْمَةٍ أَوْ بِأَحَدٍ مِنْ خَلْقِكَ فَمِنْكَ وَحْدَكَ لَا شَرِيكَ لَكَ، فَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ وَلَك الشُّكْرُ

💚Transliteration: Allaahumma maa amsaa bee min ni'matin 'aw bi'ahadin min khalqika faminka wahdaka laa shareeka laka, falakal-hamdu wa lakash-shukru.

❤اللَّهُمَّ عَافِـني فِي بَدَنِي، اللَّهُمَّ عَافِـنِي فِي سَمْعِي، اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي بَصَرِي، لَا إِلَهَ إلاَّ أَنْتَ. اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُبِكَ مِنَ الْكُفْر، وَالفَقْرِ، وَأَعُوذُبِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ ، لَا إلَهَ إلاَّ أَنْتَ (3x)

💚Transliteration: Allaahumma 'aafinee fee badanee, Allaahumma 'aafinee fee sam'ee, Allaahumma 'aafinee fee basaree, laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta .Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-kufri, walfaqri, wa 'a'oothu bika min 'athaabil-qabri, laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta. (3times)

❤اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْعَفْوَ وَالْعَافِيَةَ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ، اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْعَفْوَ وَالْعَافِيَةَ فِي دِينِي، وَدُنْيَايَ، وَأَهْلِي، وَمَالِي، اللَّهُمَّ اسْتُرْ عَوْرَاتِي، وَآمِنْ رَوْعَاتِي، اللَّهُمَّ احْفَظْنِي مِنْ بَيْنِ يَدَيَّ، وَمِنْ خَلْفِي، وَعَنْ يَمِينِي، وَعَنْ شِمَالِي، وَمِنْ فَوْقِي، وَأَعُوذُ بِعَظَمَتِكَ أَنْ أُغْتَالَ مِنْ تَحْتِيَ

💚Transliteration: Allaahumma 'innee 'as'alukal-'afwa wal'aafiyata fid-dunyaa wal'aakhirati, Allaahumma 'innee 'as'alukal-'afwa wal'aafiyata fee deenee wa dunya wa 'ahlee, wa maalee , Allaahum-mastur 'awraatee, wa 'aamin raw'aatee, Allaahum-mahfadhnee min bayni yadaya, wa min khalfee, wa 'an yameenee, wa 'an shimaalee, wa min fawqee, wa 'a'oothu bi'adhamatika 'an 'ughtaala min tahtee.

❤اللَّهُمَّ عَالِمَ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ فَاطِرَ السَّماوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ، رَبَّ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَمَلِيكَهُ، أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ نَفْسِي، وَمِنْ شَرِّ الشَّيْطَانِ وَشِرْكِهِ، وَأَنْ أَقْتَرِفَ عَلَى نَفْسِي سُوءاً أَوْ أَجُرَّهُ إِلَى مُسْلِمٍ

💚Transliteration: Allaahumma 'Aalimal-ghaybi wash-shahaadati faatiras-samaawaati wal'ardhi, Rabba kulli shay'in wa maleekahu, 'ash-hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta, 'a'oothu bika min sharri nafsee, wa min sharrish-shaytaani wa shirkihi, wa 'an 'aqtarifa 'alaa nafsee soo'an, 'aw 'ajurrahu 'ilaa Muslimin.

❤بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الَّذِي لَا يَضُرُّ مَعَ اسْمِهِ شَيْءٌ فِي الَْأرْضِ وَلَا فِي السَّمَاءِ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ (3x)

💚Transliteration: Bismillaahil-lathee laa yadhurru ma'as-mihi shay'un fil-'ardhi wa laa fis-samaa'i wa Huwas-Samee 'ul- 'Aleem. (3times)

❤رَضِيتُ باللَّهِ رَبًّا، وَبِالْإِسْلَامِ دِيناً، وَبِمُحَمَّدٍ صَلَى اللَّهُ عَلِيهِ وَسَلَّمَ نَبِيَّاً (3x)

💚Transliteration: Radheetu billaahi Rabban, wa bil-'Islaami deenan, wa bi-Muhammadin (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallama) Nabiyyan. (3times)

❤يَاحَيُّ، يَا قَيُّومُ، بِرَحْمَتِكَ أَسْتَغِيثُ، أَصْلِحْ لِي شَأْنِي كُلَّهُ، وَلَا تَكِلْنِي إِلَى نَفْسِي طَرْفَةَ عَيْنٍ

💚Transliteration: Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoomu birahmatika 'astagheethu 'aslih lee sha'nee kullahu wa laa takilnee 'ilaa nafsee tarfata 'aynin.

❤أَمْسَيْنَا عَلَى فِطْرَةِ الْإِسْلَامِ، وَعَلَى كَلِمَةِ الإِخْلَاصِ، وَعَلَى دِينِ نَبِـيِّنَا مُحَمَّدٍ، وَعَاـَى مِلَّـةِ أَبِينَا إِبْـرَاهِيـمَ، حَنِيفاً مُسْلِماً وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ

💚Transliteration: 'Amsaynaa 'alaa fitratil-'Islaami wa 'alaa kalimatil-'ikhlaasi, wa 'aNabiyyinaa Muhammadin Muhammadin, wa 'alaa millati 'abeenaa 'Ibraaheema, haneefan Musliman wa maa kaana minal-mushrikeen.

❤لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ، وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ (10x)

💚Transliteration: Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer. (10times)

أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْه(100x)
ِ
As-tagfrullah wa atoobu ilayl (100 times during the day.).

❤أَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللَّهِ التَّامَّاتِ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ (3x)

💚Transliteration: 'A'oothu bikalimaatil-laahit-taammaati min sharri maa khalaqa. (3times)

❤اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ وَسَلَّمْ عَلَى نَبِيِّنَا مُحَمَّدٍ (10x)

💚Transliteration: Allahumma salli wa sallim 'alaa nabiyyinaa Muhammadin (10 times)

(1) (Reply)

Truth, Disbelief And Renewal Of Faith / Keeping Company With People/friends Engaging In Haram (unlawful) Things / Lessons From Hadith 11 Of The 40 Ḥadīth Of An-nawawih

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.