Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

A Potential Scammer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Potential Scammer (408 Views)

The Scammer Princeogun -- Webmasters Judge Us / Can A Budget Of 150k Create A Potential Affiliate Marketing Blog / Sunday Lagolewe (Kingdolo) Is a Big Scammer, Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Potential Scammer by JakesCreativity: 8:01am On Oct 27, 2023
I worked for a user here, built a whole e-commerce website and he has been ignoring my calls to pay up the rest of my money. I'm giving him just 30 minutes to do the right thing or I'll post our chat details, his name, photos and all the moniker he uses on nairaland here.

Just 30 minutes
Re: A Potential Scammer by NoahHadNoArk: 8:18am On Oct 27, 2023
This land is not for sale…..
Re: A Potential Scammer by YoungCabal: 8:27am On Oct 27, 2023
JakesCreativity:
I worked for a user here, built a whole e-commerce website and he has been ignoring my calls to pay up the rest of my money. I'm giving him just 30 minutes to do the right thing or I'll post our chat details, his name, photos and all the moniker he uses on nairaland here.

Just 30 minutes
I will still blame you on this, why did you even agree to it ? you don't start any job without receiving a part payment, you also don't deliver the finished job until you collect your balance.

1 Like

Re: A Potential Scammer by JakesCreativity: 8:39am On Oct 27, 2023
YoungCabal:
I will still blame you on this, why did you even agree to it ? you don't start any job without receiving a part payment, you also don't deliver the finished job until you collect your balance.
bro, I wish I could send you the recordings of our audio convo. He looks like a person that is in dire need of help.

In this kinda work, sometimes, you'd meet people that would need your help and if you have a soft heart, you'd just do it before requesting for anything. I have been in that situation before and the person helped me out so I kniw how it feels. Infact, we spoke around 9pm and I got his website up before 4am. That's how much I was willing to help without upfront payment. I am a family man, I don't act too stiff in business. "Someone else will surely bring a job that cover the cost" that's my belief.

I don't need to even continue with this thread, I've done what needs to be done
Re: A Potential Scammer by landiqa(m): 11:01am On Oct 27, 2023
That's how one I met here also refused paying me.

Recently met another that needs a particular website. After installing the script, I hang my mouse and ask him for upfront.

Na so we start stories but I just forget that deal and moved on.

If you are a client and has been scammed in the past abeg no near my dm because I will always request 50% upfront or I'll work 30% of the job and request my 50% upfront and before I make delivery my money go dey 100% complete before I can hand over.

If you are using WordPress there is a script that will put such client website on a blank mode.

1 Like

Re: A Potential Scammer by JakesCreativity: 11:28am On Oct 27, 2023
landiqa:
That's how one I met here also refused paying me.

Recently met another that needs a particular website. After installing the script, I hang my mouse and ask him for upfront.

Na so we start stories but I just forget that deal and moved on.

If you are a client and has been scammed in the past abeg no near my dm because I will always request 50% upfront or I'll work 30% of the job and request my 50% upfront and before I make delivery my money go dey 100% complete before I can hand over.

If you are using WordPress there is a script that will put such client website on a blank mode.
I've met people like this too, but the problem is that as long as you're human, helping is always something you'd want to do. This guy thought he's smart, he change the WordPress login url... Well, the site is permanently down now and I'm not even stopping there. He has the habit of offering ridiculous amount to potential web developers. But I'll teach him a lesson. He wont even be able to use his hosting again

2 Likes

Re: A Potential Scammer by YoungCabal: 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2023
JakesCreativity:
bro, I wish I could send you the recordings of our audio convo. He looks like a person that is in dire need of help.

In this kinda work, sometimes, you'd meet people that would need your help and if you have a soft heart, you'd just do it before requesting for anything. I have been in that situation before and the person helped me out so I kniw how it feels. Infact, we spoke around 9pm and I got his website up before 4am. That's how much I was willing to help without upfront payment. I am a family man, I don't act too stiff in business. "Someone else will surely bring a job that cover the cost" that's my belief.

I don't need to even continue with this thread, I've done what needs to be done
Don't fall for it next time, business is business. Put any job on hold till you receive payment
Re: A Potential Scammer by missokpella: 9:36am On Nov 13, 2023
Please always ensure that there's a level of commitment before you start any job... When I say commitment I mean say before us do 15% of the job make sure u have collected 20%
Re: A Potential Scammer by silento(m): 9:42am On Nov 13, 2023
A chat by 9pm and the website is done by 3am

How is that possible 🤔 for an e-commerce website abi na script you dey use coz I hardly see two people use same feature for e commerce they always want something unique in their own
Re: A Potential Scammer by JakesCreativity: 11:06am On Nov 13, 2023
silento:
A chat by 9pm and the website is done by 3am

How is that possible 🤔 for an e-commerce website abi na script you dey use coz I hardly see two people use same feature for e commerce they always want something unique in their own
check it yourself. Nairamax.site
And, yes! I created that for 4 straight hours.
Re: A Potential Scammer by Emeka71(m): 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2023
YoungCabal:
Tell him.
Re: A Potential Scammer by DFSX7890(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2023
bad situation , but scammer is scammer , and pontenatial cant be . kick his ass

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Professional Websites? / NIGERIA Technology Awards 2015 / Plz I Need More Members On My Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.