Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident (12679 Views)

Lagos Boat Accident: 15 Missing Passengers Found Dead / 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident / Lagos Boat Capsize: Pregnant Woman Dies, 16 Missing In (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 27, 2023
Two females, Misturat Okunbanjo (18) and Azeezat Amoo (16), have been confirmed dead in a boat accident that occurred on Thursday, in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State.

Four other victims were also rescued in the incident reported to have happened around 8 pm.

While confirming the incident on Friday, the state Fire and Rescue Service said the passengers were on their way to Isawo from Olorunsogo area of the community when the boat capsized.

A statement by the agency’s Deputy Director, Public Affairs , Ololade Agboola, said a search and rescue operation was conducted by men of the fire service with the assistance of locals which led to the recovery of the bodies.

The statement read, “The Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service conducted overnight operations and successfully rescued four female adults while recovering two others in the Isawo community of the Ikorodu area of Lagos.

“The accident was reported at 8:16 pm on Thursday, prompting the deployment of the Search and Rescue Crew from the agency. The crew collaborated with locals who were familiar with the terrain. “Despite the darkness, the search continued until late at night when it was suspended. Four of the six victims on board the capsized boat crossing from Olorunsogo to Isawo were rescued.

“The crew resumed their efforts in the early hours of Friday to continue the search. Unfortunately, they recovered the bodies of two females, identified as Misturat Okunbanjo, 18, and Azeezat Amoo, 16. The recovery operation concluded at approximately 10:10 pm.”

https://punchng.com/two-teenagers-die-in-lagos-boat-accident/

Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by longetivity(m): 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2023
RIP to their souls cry

2 Likes

Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by GanagiBitrus: 7:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
Life Jackets would have easily prevented this tragedy.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Versifier20: 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
People will not rest, this one one life I won live it well cause I no won leave with regret
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Homeboiy: 7:48pm On Oct 27, 2023
Death everywhere
Someone was shot inside Uniben this evening.

I nearly ran out from the exam hall

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2023
Homeboiy:
Death everywhere

This evening??🥺
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Homeboiy: 7:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
Sun5ie:

This evening??🥺

Yes oo around 5 pm
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 27, 2023
Homeboiy:

Yes oo around 5 pm

Jesus!
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by WhisperedNoise: 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2023
Homeboiy:
Death everywhere

Are you kidding?
Also heard that a tragedy happened in TASUED.

1 Like

Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by BOSSkesh(m): 8:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
Damn so sad
Rip to the departed
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Think9ja(m): 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
RIP to the young girls
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Parydelegate: 3:05am On Oct 28, 2023
Sad
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by tunwumi: 3:05am On Oct 28, 2023
Ops

1 Like

Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by FreeStuffsNG: 3:08am On Oct 28, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Life Jackets would have easily prevented this tragedy.
Life jackets will keep you for a certain time and if you're experienced on how to stay calm and afloat. When people panick and start pulling on one another in the chaos, they eventually drag themselves to drown even with life jackets

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by CooldipoMPS: 3:25am On Oct 28, 2023
cry
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by toxxnoni(m): 3:47am On Oct 28, 2023
Rip

Checked below we dey alive
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by crossfm: 3:48am On Oct 28, 2023
R I.P to these young souls.

Let the government make sure that unfit boats shouldn't be used henceforth and most importantly,let every passenger wear save jackets before boarding a boat.

Every Nigerian live matters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Astrogeotech: 3:55am On Oct 28, 2023
Its well

Checked below we dey active and we deliever
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by seanery: 4:00am On Oct 28, 2023
Sigh
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by MS247: 4:16am On Oct 28, 2023
Abeg how much is life jacket

1 Like

Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Chibuzoripob: 5:11am On Oct 28, 2023
sad
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by highchief1: 5:26am On Oct 28, 2023
Sun5ie:

https://punchng.com/two-teenagers-die-in-lagos-boat-accident/
how do people enter boat.even inside dream I can’t see myself in one.
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by PythonTutorial2(m): 6:13am On Oct 28, 2023
Sad 😢
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Dfuture66: 6:27am On Oct 28, 2023
2 bad
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:44am On Oct 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Life jackets will keep you for a certain time and if you're experienced on how to stay calm and afloat. When people panick and start pulling on one another in the chaos, they eventually drag themselves to drown even with life jackets

Agreed, but they would've had a chance.

See, even people who can swim like fish are given life jackets on boat rides in saner countries.

Only the Navy doesn't seem to use them, but those ones are trained beyond normal human ability.

1 Like

Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Abolodje: 6:47am On Oct 28, 2023
You can’t swim but you wan go toast mami water lmao
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by GanagiBitrus: 6:49am On Oct 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Not when you are briefed on how to wear a life jacket.
Anyway, wearing a life jacket should be mandatory for water transport. Don't try to defend negligence.

4 Likes

Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Olawade24: 6:51am On Oct 28, 2023
To the mod that ban me thunder fire you and your useless generation. Small nairaland they claim woke for were the like of quora da.

Anyway, I have been to some states in Nigeria, list of states so far:

Osun state
Akwa ibom
Delta state
River state
Ogun state
Lagos state
Edo state
IMO state

The only thing is that I have not been to Jakarta because am not a developer.

Na remainder to travel out Naija remain but money to japa da accumulate small small before I leave this nairaland for Good.

However, if I catch that mod wen ban me, I go tie am like okporoko. Nonsense and ingredient.
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by yahoodetector: 6:54am On Oct 28, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

Agreed, but they would've had a chance.

See, even people who can swim like fish are given life jackets on boat rides in saner countries.

Only the Navy doesn't seem to use them, but those ones are trained beyond normal human ability.

I won't even trust a life jacket given to me in Nigeria cos everything about this useless country is a scam
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:03am On Oct 28, 2023
yahoodetector:

I won't even trust a life jacket given to me in Nigeria cos everything about this useless country is a scam

grin

Na waa o!
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by PHAYOL81: 7:32am On Oct 28, 2023
The government had outlawed water transportation after the 1800 hours of the day but people won't listen

I doubt these ones self used life jackets or USED IT RIGHT. This brings me to the call for government strict control on our waterways. The business shouldn't be for any TOM, DICK and HARRY. If anybody is incapable to operate fit boats with the provision of other safety equipments and lifesavers on board, then they have no business operating on our waterways

KUDOS to our gallant FIRE FIGHTERS for their swift response to service. More grease to their elbow
Re: Two Teenagers Die In Lagos Boat Accident by Triangles1(m): 7:32am On Oct 28, 2023
One thing must kill human being.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plane Crash In Western Kentucky Kills Four, 7-year-old Survives / Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate / Turkish Embassy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.