Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,321 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

God is great - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / God is great (1406 Views)

God is great / From 55k Salary To 125k God Is Wonderful / GOD is Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God is great by Alzwell(m): 8:33am On Oct 29, 2023
cool
Re: God is great by Lungdick: 8:35am On Oct 29, 2023
FF
Re: God is great by JASONjnr(m): 8:50am On Oct 29, 2023
There are places you can rent a house and manage to go to your PPA without having to endure the menace you're enduring right now....

You have to move out and begin to struggle.... Under your sister's roof, becoming a man and living your dream will be difficult. Because you will always fall back to her. But when you realise that you're on your own and you need to work hard to keep that lifestyle, then you will unlock your potential....

I wish you good luck...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: God is great by Alzwell(m): 8:55am On Oct 29, 2023
[quote author=JASONjnr post=126676003]There are places you can rent a house and manage to go to your PPA without having to endure the menace you're enduring right now....

Thanks man...my thoughts exactly...am just thinking d pros and cons because I don't want to regret my actions
Re: God is great by yomi007k(m): 9:01am On Oct 29, 2023
I have just 2 questions for you and I hope you will be honest with me;

1. At the end of the month, how much cash do you spend in that house or give your sister?

2. In a week or day, how many routine house chores do you do in your sister's house?

2 Likes

Re: God is great by bewla(m): 9:09am On Oct 29, 2023
The give it a Japa from them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God is great by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2023
I have a sister like that and it's like the older she gets, the more the nagging... grin grin grin

But she's been married for more than 10 years and has two kids... Each time she'd come to the family house and starts nagging, I'd just agree to everything she says knowing very well that she'll later leave and I wouldn't do any of those things... grin grin grin

I don't wish to ever live with her because wow!!! I'd suffocate.

I only find her nagging useful whenever someone has offended me and I'm in need of her skills to come shout and insult the person on my behalf...😂😂😂

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: God is great by Alzwell(m): 9:23am On Oct 29, 2023
yomi007k:
I have just 2 questions for you and I hope you will be honest with me;

1. At the end of the month, how much cash do you spend in that house or give your sister?

2. In a week or day, how many routine house chores do you do in your sister's house?

1...this my second month there and before go and man...my thought before considering leaving this is to be Giving her 10 _15k out of my allawe because them have not start paying us at my ppa which is 25k...note apart from d food I eat..every other experience are from me.

2..I do sweep,wash d plates and clean d house...if anything is not okay in the house I do it that has been my nature I don't like things not in other..I help her with her stoning job too which she done turn to my work and whenever am don't have d strength self, which I still do..na my sister and I like to be useful whenever I am.
Re: God is great by online4business: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2023
People Want freedom but don't like taking responsibility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God is great by ImmanuelMyron(m): 10:12am On Oct 29, 2023
26yrs old lad under-going NYSC roofing with 40yrs old nag and anger issue lady.
SMH, At 26 you scared of responsibilities.
At 26 you don't cherish your freedom and you called yourself man.
I'll like to give you the kinda advice you need but you know your family trees more than i'd.

1 Like

Re: God is great by Alzwell(m): 11:18am On Oct 29, 2023
Re: God is great by Alzwell(m): 11:19am On Oct 29, 2023
online4business:
People Want freedom but don't like taking responsibility.

Is earlier said than done my oga...am always alone all my undergraduate which I don't bother dem like that at home....Abuja cost of living no be here...thanks 4 d input appreciate
Re: God is great by Alzwell(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:
26yrs old lad under-going NYSC roofing with 40yrs old nag and anger issue lady.
SMH, At 26 you scared of responsibilities.
At 26 you don't cherish your freedom and you called yourself man.
I'll like to give you the kinda advice you need but you know your family trees more than i'd.

Thanks for d input
Re: God is great by Stevenbright(m): 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
You didn't state the actual issues. What is small small things. State the issues and you will get the desired responses.

1 Like

Re: God is great by yomi007k(m): 7:23pm On Oct 29, 2023
Alzwell:

1...this my second month there and before go and man...my thought before considering leaving this is to be Giving her 10 _15k out of my allawe because them have not start paying us at my ppa which is 25k...note apart from d food I eat..every other experience are from me.

2..I do sweep,wash d plates and clean d house...if anything is not okay in the house I do it that has been my nature I don't like things not in other..I help her with her stoning job too which she done turn to my work and whenever am don't have d strength self, which I still do..na my sister and I like to be useful whenever I am.

Well.

You can try and make enquiries for your own place if you know deep down you have tried being a good brother.

1 Like

Re: God is great by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Oct 29, 2023
Alzwell:
â–  This my dilemma am thinking of renting a room at a place closer to my PPA (benger/wuse axiz abuja) and starts living alone but am considering the cost of living here in Abuja and although food was never a problem staying with her every other things I sort It out myself unless sometimes I do scope her money for small small things....allawe nah just 33k and this heartburn now and then is killing me,I just used only 2months here, currently on treatment self.. please I need ur advice/input on how to go with things without any issues with her..am 26yrs incase u ask.
With the economy the way it is, you are considering renting a place with near no income instead of waiting it out as long as you can. undecided

OP, it is unfortunate that your sister is the way it is but you can still use the opportunity to grow yourself mentally and also develop skills to handle even people like your sister. You say you both live in a room and parlor. Maybe find ways not to get on her nerves as much, consider spending time outside more than not, and also focus more of your time on work and maybe even studies— never too late to learn a new hobby. You say she disrespects you in front of outsiders, what you could do is learn to ignore even her disrespect. Change your approach to dealing with her so much so that she no longer moves you with her disregard and disrespect. That will not only make you stronger as a person but also prepare you for even worse that could be out there in the world. undecided

4 Likes

Re: God is great by eniolorunfe: 7:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
You can look for other corpers like you to share apartment with. After all, if your sis wasn’t in Abuja and you’re posted there, you would have found a way to survive there.

The other alternative is to endure your sis by avoiding her as much as possible since it’s just a temporary situation.

1 Like

Re: God is great by frozen70(f): 11:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
Alzwell:
Hello everyone.

I need someone to pour my heart to because am starting lose myself staying with my elder sister. Let me go straight to the point i m currently undergoing my NYSC service at Abuja which she brought up the idea although I was skeptical about it at first because of d cost of living and staying with her but i just wave it because I needed the exposure and opportunities to connect with like mind that will help my passion to be a data analyst, although I just graduated from FUTA department of physics electronics with 2.1 and my thoughts was my sister is getting close to her 40 so she should have left some of her behavior.
The issue is I never had my peace for a week ever since have started staying with her, she is always nagging, making big deals out of small things, I can't say NO to her without her making issue out of it and get angry over little things...The thing is getting too much to the extent of shouting at me even when an outsiders are there, am never comfortable staying with her initially because is very small room and parlor self contained she stays in which I sleep in the parlor, she is not married so u guys to know the settings but I don't mind, thinking she is my sister now I can manage thats what I thought but this nagging over little things, I can't even say anything to her without her terming it something else entirely is killing me, she is always right and is getting to affect d way I think as man and am always getting the vibe of her trying to pull me down and I dislike her usual statements of her making a sacrifice for me because am staying with her, my self esteem is at stake.
Have try explaining things to my elder brother without painting her bad to him to know d nature of things but his response was not helping because they are not always in good terms due to her attitude although my elder brother too get his own to 4 body and I don't want to get cut up with thier issues. My mum is dead when she gave birth to me and Dad will never support me because my sister get his button and am d silent cool headed type, step mom don't care which am use to it.

This my dilemma am thinking of renting a room at a place closer to my PPA (benger/wuse axiz abuja) and starts living alone but am considering the cost of living here in Abuja and although food was never a problem staying with her every other things I sort It out myself unless sometimes I do scope her money for small small things....allawe nah just 33k and this heartburn now and then is killing me,I just used only 2months here, currently on treatment self.. please I need ur advice/input on how to go with things without any issues with her..am 26yrs incase u ask.

Two things are involve
Get an apartment if you can and pack out of her house or

You stay there, play the fool and obey her to the last point till you leave
Re: God is great by flokii: 12:19am On Oct 30, 2023
@OP You just have to exercise patience with your sister.. I'll advise you take up side job that will keep you engaged and out a bit late..
You can even look for somewhere to learn a skill e.g. phone repairs, electronics, barbing etc. something you have passion for. If it's food you like to cook, learn cooking as you might one day find yourself in the hospitality or catering industry.

For the house part, I doubt you can afford house in berger/ wuse axis.. house rent in those places choke. Infact house rent in Abuja generally now is on the high side. You'd need to have like 600k to 1 million naira to get a good place with meter and everything.
You can consider areas like Dutse-Alhaji, Kubwa, Dei-Dei or if it's Lugbe area, places like FHA, around Police signboard and environs.

1 Like

Re: God is great by Dubetex96(m): 8:24am On Oct 30, 2023
Sincerely i feel your plight and from my own experience it won't get better, u will be emotionally abused imagine your sister always claim to be right sometimes she don't appreciate your efforts in the house. Bro i will advice if it is possible get your own apartment even though living alone comes with it own dimensional challenges but U having that peace of mind matters so much .

1 Like

Re: God is great by world123: 8:53am On Oct 30, 2023
To be honest, sometimes it good to play a fool till you get what you want.

You aren't earning much, renting apartment comes with lots of responsibilities. So I will advise that you get some side jobs if you can, learn some skills that will useful to you after your your POP while searching for job.

Spend lots of time outside; if possible have your dinner outside before coming in. So when you come in, you just bathe and sleep.
Re: God is great by ahnie: 11:18am On Oct 30, 2023
The way I protect my mental health eeh,I protect ham pass my bank accounts.

3 Likes

Re: God is great by DyingFetus: 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2023
We are nothing but dust in this world

Kys today and be free of any misery in your life

Don't be scared and take a bold step

Even the Bible isn't afraid to admit ;

And I declared that the dead,
who had already died,
are happier than the living,
who are still alive.

But better than both
is the one who has never been born,
who has not seen the evil
that is done under the sun.
Re: God is great by Alzwell(m): 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
With the economy the way it is, you are considering renting a place with near no income instead of waiting it out as long as you can. undecided

OP, it is unfortunate that your sister is the way it is but you can still use the opportunity to grow yourself mentally and also develop skills to handle even people like your sister. You say you both live in a room and parlor. Maybe find ways not to get on her nerves as much, consider spending time outside more than not, and also focus more of your time on work and maybe even studies— never too late to learn a new hobby. You say she disrespects you in front of outsiders, what you could do is learn to ignore even her disrespect. Change your approach to dealing with her so much so that she no longer moves you with her disregard and disrespect. That will not only make you stronger as a person but also prepare you for even worse that could be out there in the world. undecided

Thanks, am working on thix
Re: God is great by Alzwell(m): 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2023
world123:
To be honest, sometimes it good to play a fool till you get what you want.

You aren't earning much, renting apartment comes with lots of responsibilities. So I will advise that you get some side jobs if you can, learn some skills that will useful to you after your your POP while searching for job.

Spend lots of time outside; if possible have your dinner outside before coming in. So when you come in, you just bathe and sleep.

My thoughts exactly, I just don't want to act based on emotions only
Re: God is great by Alzwell(m): 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2023
Dubetex96:
Sincerely i feel your plight and from my own experience it won't get better, u will be emotionally abused imagine your sister always claim to be right sometimes she don't appreciate your efforts in the house. Bro i will advice if it is possible get your own apartment even though living alone comes with it own dimensional challenges but U having that peace of mind matters so much .

Am already looking for a small space...God help me
Re: God is great by Dubetex96(m): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2023
Alzwell:

Am already looking for a small space...God help me

As you embark on this journey. God will see u through
Re: God is great by Alzwell(m): 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
Dubetex96:

As you embark on this journey. God will see u through

Amen
Re: God is great by LordReed(m): 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2023
Alzwell:
Hello everyone.

I need someone to pour my heart to because am starting lose myself staying with my elder sister. Let me go straight to the point i m currently undergoing my NYSC service at Abuja which she brought up the idea although I was skeptical about it at first because of d cost of living and staying with her but i just wave it because I needed the exposure and opportunities to connect with like mind that will help my passion to be a data analyst, although I just graduated from FUTA department of physics electronics with 2.1 and my thoughts was my sister is getting close to her 40 so she should have left some of her behavior.
The issue is I never had my peace for a week ever since have started staying with her, she is always nagging, making big deals out of small things, I can't say NO to her without her making issue out of it and get angry over little things...The thing is getting too much to the extent of shouting at me even when an outsiders are there, am never comfortable staying with her initially because is very small room and parlor self contained she stays in which I sleep in the parlor, she is not married so u guys to know the settings but I don't mind, thinking she is my sister now I can manage thats what I thought but this nagging over little things, I can't even say anything to her without her terming it something else entirely is killing me, she is always right and is getting to affect d way I think as man and am always getting the vibe of her trying to pull me down and I dislike her usual statements of her making a sacrifice for me because am staying with her, my self esteem is at stake.
Have try explaining things to my elder brother without painting her bad to him to know d nature of things but his response was not helping because they are not always in good terms due to her attitude although my elder brother too get his own to 4 body and I don't want to get cut up with thier issues. My mum is dead when she gave birth to me and Dad will never support me because my sister get his button and am d silent cool headed type, step mom don't care which am use to it.

This my dilemma am thinking of renting a room at a place closer to my PPA (benger/wuse axiz abuja) and starts living alone but am considering the cost of living here in Abuja and although food was never a problem staying with her every other things I sort It out myself unless sometimes I do scope her money for small small things....allawe nah just 33k and this heartburn now and then is killing me,I just used only 2months here, currently on treatment self.. please I need ur advice/input on how to go with things without any issues with her..am 26yrs incase u ask.

Guy your allawee no go support house in Wuse/Berger axis. My advice is just endure till you get a good job and can afford to stay on your own. You can also look for a friend or another corper to team up with to get an affordable accommodation.
Re: God is great by Alzwell(m): 5:22pm On Nov 11, 2023
Thanks to everyone's input....I have finally gotten a small place even though I know it might not be easy but I know God will help......thank u all for d advice and input It really went a long way.
Re: God is great by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2023
Dubetex96:
â–  As you embark on this journey. God will see u through
Which God? See as una dey like take God name punish your fellow men. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Latest Family Section Member. / That Awkward Moment With African Parents / Pregnancy Test Shows Positive,what Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.