Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV (29673 Views)

I Just Discovered I Have Hiv / I Have HIV I Am Finished. / "I Have HIV But I Am Still Beautiful" - South African Lady Celebrates Herself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by doneback04: 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2023
TripleLTD:
hiv and genotype test cost me 2k only

It depends where you live.

Ok thanks
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by etrange: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2023
doneback04:

So if someone has a girl who is HIV positive but she told me that she has been taking medication and now the doctor told her she is free but she would still be taking the medication, what is the probability of the Man to get infected

Nobody can be completely free of HIV. When someone is confirmed to be HIV positive, they get started on one of the numerous types of antiretroviral drugs out there. If they adhere to the doctor's insurance and take thier drugs daily, in most cases, their viral load will reach a level called undetectable. At this stage, they can have sex without transmitting the virus to thier partner. However, they still have HIV and, therefore, need to keep taking thier drugs everyday to maintain the undetectable level.

So the girl in question might have reached the undetectable level, but she still has HIV. It's 100% safe to have sex with a HIV person who has an understanding viral load. However, that's something most people would only do if they're married to the person. Also, for most people, verbal confirmation isn't enough. They'd prefer to follow the individual to the hospital to get a doctor's report confirming their viral load.
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by DorianD(m): 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2023
Get an oraquick self test strip from a phamarcy and do it yourself at the comfort of your Zcloset
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by DorianD(m): 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2023
Get an oraquick self test strip from a phamarcy and do it yourself at the comfort of your closet
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by horia: 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2023
FarSide:

The fear shaa. I just can't stand it. For the past two weeks I've been trying to muster courage for this but no way.
I wanted to do it last week Wednesday but when I got close to the hospital, I lost every courage in me, I had to change direction, entered a cool joint, took some bottles of beer and headed home.
I just wish someone can drag me there but I can't confide in anyone Incase if it turns out positive

Go there by yourself to reduce the tension. But you have to go because the fear can make you to start imagining symptoms that do not exist
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by Exceed15: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2023
LOL.. C'mon guy the fear is normal but trust God u will come back to share with us the good news..Go for the test.
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by tochez24(m): 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
FarSide:

Baba how we go do am na. If say u dey my location, we for go together oo. This kind feelings bad oo I swear.

Even google don vex for me self. My search history for the past weeks all centered on HIV. E remain to search who the father of HIV is.
I just wished there is a lasting sure symptom of HIV. I for use my tongue to count my teeth

My brother I'm speechless😒😟😟

I really messed up sexually in my twenties, i thought i was enjoying life.... Now, i have seen with my eyes like SOLOMON said 'vanity upon vanity'

I just wish God will have mercy on me and bless me with a NEGATIVE result😪

Like this sef i can't even dare enter any hospital for any test NOW make i no lie give you!!!! I never get the MORAL

Maybe by month, i go first drink then rush enter hospital do am.... Anyhow e go be i go see m with my eyes🤦🏾‍♂️

If i get negative result, na to begin look for wife be that o
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by Aframs(m): 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2023
Guy this is so crazy, situation, I was in your shoes sometimes a go, because I go rough and raw, keeping in my mind that am in troubles that i should infected with HIV.

One day ,my elder sisters daughter got sick and admitted in the hospital, the doctor said the daughter need to get blood transfusion .

my younger sister call me over phone , that brother, you will need to come to the hospital, may be you can be fit to donates blood ....I said donates what? Me, that my blood is so low ,I don't think I will be fit to donates,
I quickly end the call and off my phone,..then lock my door Japa to one of my friend place cool my self from tension, ..donates what! In my mind
Few hr later , I saw my mother at my friend house ,telling to enter car to the hospital ,may be I can be fit to donates, I repeat my blood is low, she reply doctor ,can said you fit or not, since her husband was out of the state, you need to help
Guy ,I enter car and reach hospital,
They collect my blood through finger thumb,
Then told me to go and sit down, they will call me later

On Waiting for respond, I have arranged my self for fight ,if doctor says any thing positive ,he will be in troubles with me

My guy, they call me to come and donates , they collected two bag of blood from body, I still walk for 5km with joys in minds , I don't even remember to get cab , am so free ,

but I take a malt and milk shaaaa

That how I know my status....

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by Whatisurproblem(m): 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2023
FarSide:
My past is seriously hunting me. In the past 4 years I've had unprotected sex with 12 girls. Now I want to get married and my girlfriend is insisting on HIV test first.

All these while I never did any HIV test, I never felt it's important to do it and I never had any known symptoms of HIV.

Since she requested for the test, I've been postponing it citing busy schedules and all that but deep down I'm just damn frightened.

Can it be possible to have sex with 12 girls and still not get HIV? The thing is seriously giving me sleepless night.

I'm planning on going for a test myself alone, then if it's negative, I will then go with her but if not, I will just japa
you plan it well, just go for the test, if +ve, japa, it will also help you to start medication imidiately.
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by efelico: 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2023
doneback04:
I have a girl who who is HIV positive before she open up to tell I have already falling so much love for her but she told me the doctor said she is free now but she must be taking the medication regularly, I have not slept with her yet but I do kiss her and suck her breast, but I really want to married her because she is the girl I would love to be with, but I want to know what is the tendency that I can married her and bear children with her without contacting the virus

Is possible There's a treatment to prevent mother to child transmission (PMTCT). Hiv treatment is free. She seems to be adhering to her treatment that is why her viral load( The quantity of HIV) is suppressed or undectable

HIV is no longer a killer disease provided you take your drugs. HIV drugs are administer as 90 dose for 3 month or 180 dose for 6 months after which the patient come for refill. The good thing is everything is free

Visit any health care facility that offer HIV services for more counseling. There have different treatments for female sex workers, male sex male, people living with drugs etc.
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by Onyi90(m): 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2023
Go and run test and stop behaving stupidly
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by Femmyfamous4u(m): 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
FarSide:

The fear shaa. I just can't stand it. For the past two weeks I've been trying to muster courage for this but no way.
I wanted to do it last week Wednesday but when I got close to the hospital, I lost every courage in me, I had to change direction, entered a cool joint, took some bottles of beer and headed home.
I just wish someone can drag me there but I can't confide in anyone Incase if it turns out positive

You can simply by oraquick test kit from the pharmacy and do it yourself at the comfort of your room.
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by slystyle203(m): 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2023
Don't be afraid....it doesn't work that way...once you see no symptoms i bet you are 💯% Okey
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by FarSide: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2023
Aframs:
Guy this is so crazy, situation, I was in your shoes sometimes a go, because I go rough and raw, keeping in my mind that am in troubles that i should infected with HIV.

One day ,my elder sisters daughter got sick and admitted in the hospital, the doctor said the daughter need to get blood transfusion .

my younger sister call me over phone , that brother, you will need to come to the hospital, may be you can be fit to donates blood ....I said donates what? Me, that my blood is so low ,I don't think I will be fit to donates,
I quickly end the call and off my phone,..then lock my door Japa to one of my friend place cool my self from tension, ..donates what! In my mind
Few hr later , I saw my mother at my friend house ,telling to enter car to the hospital ,may be I can be fit to donates, I repeat my blood is low, she reply doctor ,can said you fit or not, since her husband was out of the state, you need to help
Guy ,I enter car and reach hospital,
They collect my blood through finger thumb,
Then told me to go and sit down, they will call me later

On Waiting for respond, I have arranged my self for fight ,if doctor says any thing positive ,he will be in troubles with me

My guy, they call me to come and donates , they collected two bag of blood from body, I still walk for 5km with joys in minds , I don't even remember to get cab , am so free ,

but I take a malt and milk shaaaa

That how I know my status....
I can imagine that level of joy.
But this ur story funny af grin
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by tochez24(m): 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2023
slystyle203:
Don't be afraid....it doesn't work that way...once you see no symptoms i bet you are 💯% Okey

Are you very sure my brother?🥺

Like dis now i never get any HIV symptoms or do any test since 2018( my last negative test)

I don already dey die small small😞
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by Shebbs: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2023
FarSide:

Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by doneback04: 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2023
efelico:

Is possible There's is treatment to prevent mother to child transmission (PMTCT). Hiv treatment is free. She seems to be adhering to her treatment that is why are viral load( The quantity of HIV) is suppressed or undectable

HIV is no longer a killer disease provided you take your drugs. HIV drugs are administer as 90 dose for 3 month or 180 dose for 6 months after which the come for refill. The good thing is everything is free

Visit any health care facility that offer HIV services for more counseling. There have different treatments for female sex workers, male sex male, people living with drugs etc.

Ok thanks but this medication does it has any effect on the human begin body or organ? Because from the look at things must people take it through out their life time
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by efelico: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2023
doneback04:

Ok thanks but this medication does it has any effect on the human begin body or organ? Because from the look at things must people take it through out their life time

No it doesn't have any impact and it's a life time thing. Patients are counselled on things to eat and not to eat. Omo people with HIV plenty of but you won't know because of the drug they live on
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by okoroemeka(m): 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
FarSide:

don't be afraid,such happened to me when i got married and the ante natal clinic requested for a hiv test,my brother come see HBP,that your 12 girls in 4 years is what I can knack in 3 months when I was a bachelor,I cannot believe it can be possible that I can be negative but I summoned the courage and not only am I free from hiv and other STDs but I was actually very healthy,my conclusion is that hiv don't infect like it is hyped because if it is there is no reason I will still be alive today.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by colizee(m): 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2023
I just entered Google and read that you can be infected with HIV and not know for years, up to 10 years ?

I have to get tested ASAP
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by StylesX: 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2023
adexgii:
Just buy oral test kit bro and do ur test indoor, only u having ur result
is it effective
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by StylesX: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2023
adexgii:
Just buy oral test kit bro and do ur test indoor, only u having ur result
this isn't accurate for newly exposed people o.
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by efelico: 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2023
okoroemeka:
don't be afraid,such happened to me when i got married and the ante natal clinic requested for a hiv test,my brother come see HBP,that your 12 girls in 4 years is what I can knack in 3 months when I was a bachelor,I cannot believe it can be possible that I can be negative but I summoned the courage and not only am I free from hiv and other STDs but I was actually very healthy,my conclusion is that hiv don't infect like it is hyped because if it is there is no reason I will still be alive today.

It easier for a female to contact HIV than a male through sex because the man is the one releasing into the woman. That doesn't mean a man cannot be infected. Omo I have friends who have slept with positive patient but he still negative although it's not a rule it just an exception

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by warrifinest1985: 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
I have had inprotected sex with more than ,500 girls in the past 15 years and I did my hiv last year because my current girlfriend then insist I do it before we have sex and I did it and I was negative. And the last time time I also contacted std was in 2006 before my friend then in lagos a benue boy told me a secret then to always take becham ampliclose immediately after unprotected sex and I have been doing that and till date I have never contacted any std becausd na small pikin dey knack kpekus dey contact std. SO MAN UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A LITTLE BITCH OR A CISSY CISSY AND GO DO THE HIV TEST AND YOU WILL BE SHOCKED THAT YOU ARE STILL NEVER AND WE CAN PLACE A BET HERE IF 20k here if you are still doubting me that you will be negative. AND THIS IS FOR YOU ALL THAT ALWAYS GO FOR HIV TEST EVERY 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL SOON FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by lendahand(m): 10:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
FarSide:

funny dude... You no wan casting grin
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by Philipsdael(m): 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2023
Hiv test was free of charge in federal hospitals ....
Ministry of health wanted to encourage the idea of all persons to get tested.
Pls who knows if it's still free
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by ghettochild4u(m): 11:34pm On Oct 31, 2023
FarSide:

No p na
I go try run am. If I survive this one, na me and my babe forever
Make ur babe sef run the test oooo...
U never can say
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by donhils: 12:50am On Nov 01, 2023
You're keeping tabs on all of them
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by OgaTheTop2: 12:53am On Nov 01, 2023
FarSide:

Guy u be correct G.
The thought alone have drained me. The stigma is too much that's just my only problem. I can't stand people pointing hand at me "look he has HIV"
I go just kii myself
Stop all the rambling already. Just go for test and have peace of mind. HIV is not the end of the world.
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by Mac2016(m): 12:56am On Nov 01, 2023
FarSide:

Thanks man. The sleepless night still continues but hopefully it will end this week
Lol. You go dey explain taya... grin.
I really doubt if you have any condition. Some pple no even sleep more than 1 partner and got HIV. what it is, life goes on. Get tested too for Hepatitis B and C especially. It's always better to detect all these stuffs early.
Life is to be exhausted by the owner in a natural way no matter what happens.
No dey fear.. Get that test done and come and give ur testimony.
Re: I'm Afraid I Might Have HIV by Umadam: 6:58am On Nov 01, 2023
As a learned person that can compose a complete sentence, how can u sleep with 12 different women without protection?
Dont u think that is illiteracy on the highest order. No be all of us wer go school de expose ooh..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths / Pregnant Woman Gives Birth Stranger's Car Before Getting To The Hospital (Pics) / Israel To Impose Second Covid-19 Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.