Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,502 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

My Take On Life In The UK - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Take On Life In The UK (2987 Views)

Life In Jordan For Nigerians / My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take On Life In The UK by wittywriter: 6:47am On Oct 30, 2023
Nanorest:

Why don't you forget anything called Nigeria if you truly don't want to come back
justwise:

I'm not the one complaining

Wittyness.
Re: My Take On Life In The UK by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:56am On Oct 30, 2023
Re: My Take On Life In The UK by ukaface(f): 8:40am On Oct 30, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

This form of reasoning arises from inferiority complex and doesn't make any sense.

Do you think the Europeans liked Africa when they came to loot her resources?
And we are back to the racism topic
Unfortunately you are not looting from the Europeans, you are working for them🤣😂😂
Re: My Take On Life In The UK by Minsk24: 9:06am On Oct 30, 2023
OP you are very correct....
A whole lot of people are like u who live abroad, yes they are comfortable, but still yearn for home... despite the shortcomings of Nigeria, there are tons of people abroad who see Nigeria as the long term plan to come back and settle after hustling abroad....
Someone on this thread say his relative plans on taking extended family abroad, a whole lot of people will frown at such idea..no matter how bad Nigeria is, lots of Nigerians have strong connections to their homeland...

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Life In The UK by Nanorest: 9:16am On Oct 30, 2023
Minsk24:
OP you are very correct....
A whole lot of people are like u who live abroad, yes they are comfortable, but still yearn for home... despite the shortcomings of Nigeria, there are tons of people abroad who see Nigeria as the long term plan to come back and settle after hustling abroad....
Someone on this thread say his relative plans on taking extended family abroad, a whole lot of people will frown at such idea..no matter how bad Nigeria is, lots of Nigerians have strong connections to their homeland...
God forbid i forget my sweet ngwaland .my sweet igboland...

You will notice that they will call Nigeria he'll before leaving but once they make money over there, they start building houses in the hell. What I see is just poverty making them reason that way.

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Life In The UK by Minsk24: 9:56am On Oct 30, 2023
Nanorest:

You will notice that they will call Nigeria he'll before leaving but once they make money over there, they start building houses in the hell. What I see is just poverty making them reason that way.
People who think like that probably have very weak connection to their homeland....and to think of it, making money abroad and investing in Nigeria is a very lucrative strategy to create wealth...

1 Like

Re: My Take On Life In The UK by emmaodet: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2023
Gerrard59:

grin grin
Hahahahahahhahahaa. To be fair to him, it does not really mean that way. Some people could have so much money, but they don't just feel at home in the diaspora. He is even in the UK, yet feels like that. What about those in Estonia, China, Korea, Germany etc.,? I can understand him. One of my guys who I can see the potential of making money has stated he would return to Nigeria once he achieves his monetary aim. He lives a good life presently, but does not feel here is home. It is a means to an end, not the end.

Tbh, I don't fancy Japa too.
I prefer to stay back why going on vacation a road. Not permanent relocation.
I understand his pain sha
Re: My Take On Life In The UK by Babssoo(m): 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2023
You have stated the truth, na the money gan gan, although I have been robbed by armed robbers while still living in Nigeria, and trust me it was not a good experience. But all in all after person make money I will still go back naija sure banker
Re: My Take On Life In The UK by DyingFetus: 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2023
Nigeria is good for criminals , you'll enjoy it here very well if you're a criminal

Just stay here in nigeria and be doing one illegal biz

1 Like

Re: My Take On Life In The UK by Eky29: 11:49am On Jan 19
Good morning bro
Please I have a question the requires urgent answer.
I asked someone to assist me in Authenticating my police clearance at the Nigeria high commission
London. I have already legalized it ministry of foreign affairs Abuja and now i need to authenticate it in Nigeria high commission London. Please how can the person get an appointment at the Nigerian embassy.
He has called their numbers and no one is picking.
I urgently need help on how one can get appointment?
Or can the person just walk in with the document for Authentication without appointment?
Thank vou. I shall await vour response.

Nanorest:
I don't know how people prefer the life here over the one in Nigeria. I think it's just a defence on the syndrome using something like security, good life and others but I am not part of them. My goal is to make money here and establish myself in Nigeria.

I prefer an insecure Nigeria to a secure UK provided there is money. Let's stop deceiving ourselves. Our main motive here is to make money not that we enjoy life here.
Re: My Take On Life In The UK by Nanorest: 12:59pm On Jan 19
Eky29:

Good morning bro
Please I have a question the requires urgent answer.
I asked someone to assist me in Authenticating my police clearance at the Nigeria high commission
London. I have already legalized it ministry of foreign affairs Abuja and now i need to authenticate it in Nigeria high commission London. Please how can the person get an appointment at the Nigerian embassy.
He has called their numbers and no one is picking.
I urgently need help on how one can get appointment?
Or can the person just walk in with the document for Authentication without appointment?
Thank vou. I shall await vour response.

I don't know anything about authentication when it comes to UK

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Plan To Visit Italy In June, Advise Please! / Kaduna To Ilorin Via Train / Study Abroad In Canada: Tuition Fees, Cost Of Living, Admission Requirements Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.